• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GODUS (Populous reinvention) Kickstarter by 22cans [Ended, £526K Funded]

Yes, there's just shy of £15K on PayPal now which will contribute to the stretch goal total.

I'm just in two minds if we should announce the amount or not before the last 24 hours are done or not?

Maybe it'll push people harder to work towards the £550K goal if PayPal doesn't get announced until the Kickstarter is over?

Also, if it doesn't quite make £550K at the end (including PayPal), you should consider adding Linux support but leaving out Ouya. I think that would make a lot of people quite happy.

Might be worth reading the interview linked above.

Okay, I did. So he didn't want to take the risk. That's fine I guess.

But didn't he violate the terms of use?
Molyneux in the mentioned article said:
“I did make a little pledge just to make sure all the emails are there. It was a few hundred quid. That's all.”

Kickstarter project creators are not allowed to pledge to their own projects under any circumstances.
source

epmode

He's not the kickstarter creator, 22 cans is. Individual vs Company.

He's lucky it's not the American site!

edit: This sounded better before I typed it out. You know, because corporations are people, amirite? Sigh. I will leave my awful post as a warning to others.

Pretty happy with that. :)

Don't really care either way on the 550k target but it would be nice to see it get there just for the sake of completion.

Harlock

I hope they keep releasing beta versions. Like Minecraft did during its development. Kickstarter games get a lot of delays, and beta version helps to give the backer something fast.

qwerty2k

Good news sam, i suspect it may have made the original Linux amount but glad that its almost certain a Linux version will exist now :)

Perkel

Banned
detail_640.png
Defeat_640.png
Battle_640.png

Love contrast.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of the blood, doesn't fit with the genre or the art style for me. Happy if it's an option.

Doing something just because you can (i.e. no publisher inteference) doesn't necessarily mean it's worth doing.

derFeef

I think it fits, should be an option though. Also the people need SOME form of expression, mouth/eyebrows thing would be sufficient I think.

syko de4d

i thought the last push would be stronger but mhh it´s okay. About 1-2 weeks ago we would have been happy with only 450k ^^

ninjaedit: Sam, when will the 22cans development Web Cam for pledgers start?

Linux support tier reached. Looks like it'll end up just short of Ouya tier unless they've had a massive amount extra via Paypal today.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Why the fuck would anyone give Molyneux money? He hasn't made a good game since Fable 1.

Top Bottom