• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GODUS (Populous reinvention) Kickstarter by 22cans [Ended, £526K Funded]

Perkel

Banned
450 K fuck yeah !

KJnk9.gif

Orayn

Some part of me feels that this could turn Molyneux from a laughingstock into someone we can BELIEVE in again. C'mon, Pete, death and rebirth is a part of the hero's journey!

TrutaS

It is a good idea for him to go back to his roots, in a smaller more modest way. He has been too confident on what big budgets can provide without actually thinking about the feasibility of the concepts. This time, I hope he does more with less.

Upon watching the videos though, isn't he a bit too harsh to his programmers? I mean, aren't they working crazy hours to get this done so fast?

Perkel

Banned
It is a good idea for him to go back to his roots, in a smaller more modest way. He has been too confident on what big budgets can provide without actually thinking about the feasibility of the concepts. This time, I hope he does more with less.

Upon watching the videos though, isn't he a bit too harsh to his programmers? I mean, aren't they working crazy hours to get this done so fast?

Ask SamVT he is one of developers and he is neogaf user.

Kickstarter is probably for them chance to shine in game industry. Every dev want to work for independent studio. This is their chance to build their future.

Very small team like that and you're all in it together doing crazy hours, especially pushing for something like this kickstarter deadline. Didn't really see him being harsh in any of the videos though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I want them to reach the £500K goal. But in 40 hours, it doesn't seem possible.

I am glad that we're getting the game at least! Congrats to 22cans!

PaulLFC

Indeed the upper projection on kicktraq has them breaking 500k. That assumes the current rate of pledging is maintained.
I think it might slow a bit if they don't add some more copies at cheaper tiers. They have 198 £15 tiers and 283 £30 tiers left, which is an extra £11,460. After that, the cheapest pledge that gets you the game is £40 - that could be too much especially when converted to USD.

syko de4d

I think it might slow a bit if they don't add some more copies at cheaper tiers. They have 198 £15 tiers and 283 £30 tiers left, which is an extra £11,460. After that, the cheapest pledge that gets you the game is £40 - that could be too much especially when converted to USD.

it got changed. 999 20Pounds and 778 30 Pounds are now there to buy.

edit: and they made around 9,5k in the last 3 hours. The 550k goal looks like a easy Goal :D

Jonnyram

It comes across to me as staged, to be honest. Might back this now it's made its goal. I admit it looks good, but I sort of assumed he had the cash to fund it by himself and was just jumping on the bandwagon. Now it's been funded, it doesn't matter either way, I guess.

r1chard

Surprised everyone here is so excited to keep giving this guy money.

Haters, at this point, can just fuck off and play Fable.

I just realised that kicktraq is slightly behind in that projection so 550k seems plausible at this rate. I think the Linux folk are going to be happy.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This almost passed under my radar... I think I'll jump in at some level a few hours before it ends.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Kinda dont want it to reach 485k, the story of B&W ruined the game because it stole your creature and reset his growth.

SamVT

Oh man, for the first time in a couple of months I actually slept and had a dream. I am so happy we made this goal for Godus. At least I'll be able to enjoy Christmas with my family and have a story with a positive ending to tell them...

Surprised everyone here is so excited to keep giving this guy money.

Yeah, me too. I mean good for 22Cans, but isn't Molyneux pretty well-off? Isn't kickstarter for people who can't fund their projects on their own? Seems shady. "Hey, what would be a good way to get people talking about our next game AND make a lot of money?"

SamVT

Sam can you hear me :D?

How will the Paypal Pledges will be handled? I just pledged because the game will be 100% founded and my only option was paypal.

Do you have any infos about the amount of paypal pledges and will they summed with the kickstarter pledge for the stretch Goals?

Yes, there's just shy of £15K on PayPal now which will contribute to the stretch goal total.

I'm just in two minds if we should announce the amount or not before the last 24 hours are done or not?

Yeah, me too. I mean good for 22Cans, but isn't Molyneux pretty well-off? Isn't kickstarter for people who can't fund their projects on their own? Seems shady. "Hey, what would be a good way to get people talking about our next game AND make a lot of money?"

Might be worth reading the interview linked above.

Top Bottom