• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

edotlee

This is perfect. I stopped watching Colin & Greg because they kept talking too much about stuff that I didn't give a shit about, and there wasn't any convenient means of sifting through the dirt to get to the gold. But a new podcast dedicated entirely to PS stuff will be just like the good ol' Beyond days. I could listen to Colin talk about PlayStation-related matters all day.

(now if only they could get Goldfarb)

Exactly my thoughts. I followed them to Kinda Funny Games because I was a fan of Beyond but then they started talking about things I didn't really care about.

Colin comes off as a know-it-all sometimes and Greg can get annoying at times but for the most part I enjoy listening to them.

They're both incredibly annoying to me. I've given their show and podcasts so many chances, but I can't get over Greg's scream talking for "comedic" effect. Has this shit been toned down once he left Beyond?

It was toned down before that. I think once he become more or less the face of Podcast Beyond, he started to tone down. Then, he became the host of Up At Noon. He sort of found a niche there that has served him well. As I said earlier in the show, he moderates a lot of panels at conventions now (and is praised for it). GameSpot wanted to team up with them for E3. Gamestop had them host the live stream of their convention (meant for Gamestop managers). I think out of necessity he has toned down. But that's not to say he doesn't have moments when he looses it (as in laughing or acting like a goof), especially when beer is involved. While I love these exceedingly rare moments (as it reminds me of the Beyond days), I can see why its a turn off. Greg is now one of the most respected people in the industry. It's crazy how many connections and friendships he has made (including but not limited to (Shuhei Yoshida, Troy Baker, Nolan North, Dave Fenoy, Garry Whitta, other top video game journalists, and many more). Many of these people will do anything for Greg if asked no questions. I honestly would not be surprised to see Greg host a late night talk show on television one day. He has the charisma and has the connections to have awesome guests.

odhiex

I'm late comer to the Podcast Beyond, but I like them both so I subscribed their Kinda Funny channel. This may be as interesting as their old podcast.

Does this mean there will be less Sony talk on their other content?

Unsure. They said nothing's changing in regards to Colin and Greg Live or the GamesCast. However, that could simply mean they are not going away. Personally, I see PlayStation content lessening on the GamesCast and remaining as is on Colin and Greg Live as that is where they can react to breaking PlayStation news. PS I Love You will probably be more opinion based stuff, with some discussion of the important news. In a sense, I see PS I Love You as Podcast Beyond 2.0 and Colin and Greg Live (only when there is breaking PlayStation news or news in general regarding PlayStation) as PlayStation Conversation 2.0.

Ellite25

Cool. I'll probably start listening to this. I'm not really a fan of the other Kinda Funny guys, but I love hearing Colin and Greg talk about PlayStation.

gadwn

Lovley. I hope it's structured kinda like Beyond, I want a bit of everything in a good pace. Kinda Funny gamescast just dwells way to long on the topics for my taste.

Lovley. I hope it's structured kinda like Beyond, I want a bit of everything in a good pace. Kinda Funny gamescast just dwells way to long on the topics for my taste.

I think it will (for the most part), just with new names for the segments. For instance they could have the Roper Report in all but name. I think that would be fine.

Fawk Nin

This is great news. Big fan of both of these and as others have said, Podcast Beyond just isn't what it used to be.

Tim is getting some stick in here for Gamescast but I actually think he rounds out that podcast really well. Maybe it's due to him loving Nintendo as much as I do.

killroy87

This is great news. Big fan of both of these and as others have said, Podcast Beyond just isn't what it used to be.

Tim is getting some stick in here for Gamescast but I actually think he rounds out that podcast really well. Maybe it's due to him loving Nintendo as much as I do.

Tim's a great presence, I like him a lot. Greg and Colin are almost polar opposites on the personality scale (in a good way), and Tim is an almost perfect neutral middle ground.

Fawk Nin

Tim's a great presence, I like him a lot. Greg and Colin are almost polar opposites on the personality scale (in a good way), and Tim is an almost perfect neutral middle ground.

Yeah I totally agree with this. A good balance between the two of them.

The only thing that annoys me about Colin is that he hasn't played Persona 4 Golden... other than that I love Colin and Greg. I feel that together they make up for my tastes in video games.

killroy87

The only criticism I ever have of Tim is, because he's paired with two such strong personalities, he rarely is ever equipped to fight for his opinion or debate. The minute a topic ever gets to the point of a strong debate, he usually folds pretty quickly and is overly agreeable. But that's just a completely subjective observation.

StoveOven

Banned
Unsure. They said nothing's changing in regards to Colin and Greg Live or the GamesCast. However, that could simply mean they are not going away. Personally, I see PlayStation content lessening on the GamesCast and remaining as is on Colin and Greg Live as that is where they can react to breaking PlayStation news. PS I Love You will probably be more opinion based stuff, with some discussion of the important news. In a sense, I see PS I Love You as Podcast Beyond 2.0 and Colin and Greg Live (only when there is breaking PlayStation news or news in general regarding PlayStation) as PlayStation Conversation 2.0.

Man, I get that C&G Live is a similar thing, but there was something about the production of the old PS Conversations that I always loved. I even go back and re-watch them sometimes. It's not that the content was anything special, there was just something about IGN around 2011/2012 that I really loved.

This is great, I will definitely be subscribing. I stopped listening to the new Podcast Beyond a few episodes in. Not that I dislike any of the new hosts, I just felt like the show lost its way a bit.

Man, I get that C&G Live is a similar thing, but there was something about the production of the old PS Conversations that I always loved. I even go back and re-watch them sometimes. It's not that the content was anything special, there was just something about IGN around 2011/2012 that I really loved.

Well, maybe they felt special because it wasn't daily like C&GL is. PlayStation Conversations usually only came up to discuss breaking news that affected PlayStation (positively or negatively).

Bolivar687

Banned
I legitimately want this to be the return of loud and ridiculous Greg. That's what built them their following in the first place.

MrHoot

I hope Colin shills the fuck out of freedom wars. I need more in my life.

if you read this Colin, you know what to do

You can now subscribe to PS I Love You XOXO on iTunes. Make sure you use that exact name, as there is another podcast called P.S., I Love You, which appears to be a religious based podcast. Make sure you subscribe to the correct one!

Yeah, No Kidding!!!!

oh wait

HAHAHA! Off-topic, but I must've missed it, why was there no podcast last night?

Also, just a random thought, but since you are likely going to PSX, I think it'd be cool (and funny) if Sony did a trivia game pitting PlayStation based podcasts against each other hosted by the PSBlogCast guys.

jacobeid

Banned
They're both incredibly annoying to me. I've given their show and podcasts so many chances, but I can't get over Greg's scream talking for "comedic" effect. Has this shit been toned down once he left Beyond?

When is the last time that you've listened? Greg toned it down hardcore in like 2011.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I often wonder why people think Greg Miller is funny at all.

I mean, Colin is actually okay to listen to once in a while, but Greg is just an annoying brat who thinks raising his voice equals comedy.
Will give it a shot to see if my tolerance for Greg Miller is higher these days.

I like Tim in the last few months more than before, where I thought he was meh. But he offers something different to them and him being a Nintendo fan is a nice break away from the Playstation fandom in the other two.

MisterMac

What upsets me is him throwing beer on the floor and basically saying he doesn't give a fuck because someone other asshole will clean it up for him.

Did he really? I'm new to the Kinda Funny/Colin/Greg and I enjoy the whole gang, don't agree with them on everything but who agrees with anyone about everything? But that's a fucking horrible way to act. Very disappointing to learn if true.

Did he really? I'm new to the Kinda Funny/Colin/Greg and I enjoy the whole gang, don't agree with them on everything but who agrees with anyone about everything? But that's a fucking horrible way to act. Very disappointing to learn if true.

It was the Giant Bomb E3 2014 After Show. That's the typical shenanigans that go on there. It actually made him quite popular with some in the Giant Bomb community (there is a gif of the whole thing). This year John Vignocchi (from Disney Interactive) thought it'd be funny to tweet out Dave Lang's (Iron Galaxy) phone number. Having some beers in him, he didn't stop to realize the ramifications of what he had done. That's why they do it at night. Everyone is stupidly drunk and loopy at those things. As for Greg, in 2014, they brought him back for another segment. Usually guests only have one appearance on a night. He even was there this year, where Nick Scarpino was used as an ottoman (a chair, not the empire).

Karu

Jesus Christ, I'm certainly not a fan that goes with everything a person does no matter what, but come the fuck on lol.

He was drunk, a relaxed situation with friends no less and it certainly didn't ruin any relationships, lol.

Apathy

he swatted empty beer cans on the floor and was doing his heel type of wrestling persona

It was toned down before that. I think once he become more or less the face of Podcast Beyond, he started to tone down. Then, he became the host of Up At Noon. He sort of found a niche there that has served him well. As I said earlier in the show, he moderates a lot of panels at conventions now (and is praised for it).

Yeah Greg has the innate ability to find when things are getting boring and move things along. There is something in him that asks "is this interesting?" and when to give up on a joke instead of running into the ground. The new Beyond is too many obvious jokes and grinding it into the ground and going on about something that isn't very interesting like their takes on overall gaming instead of talking about the new games.

I mean, it is what it is. Either way, it doesn't make sense for anyone for there to be two similarly themed podcasts going up on the same day.

It's actually mildly dickish of the KFG people to put their's up on the same day, there's no way that was a coincidence.

To be fair, at least in my experience, nearly all the video game podcasts I listen to upload on Tuesdays. Not sure why.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Greg, you made a big mistake watching Mad Max Fury Road on a flight. That is NOT how that movie is supposed to be seen. Please!

Dominator

I just listened to today's ep, and he does say that exact thing. They have been late for almost a month now and its easier to get everyone together on Tuesdays. I'm not even a huge fan of the new Beyond but seems like solid enough reasoning.

Either way, who really cares? Still get both podcasts if anyone wants to listen to both. Its not really a contest and a win for the consumer.

Top Bottom