• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

I liked listening to beyond when these guys were in their prime but Greg's whole routine is getting tired and some of Colin's opinions are just... ugh. They need Clements to make it work.

I liked listening to beyond when these guys were in their prime but Greg's whole routine is getting tired and some of Colin's opinions are just... ugh. They need Clements to make it work.

I like Colin and Greg, but they really do need a 3rd voice that can carry an equal force in the conversation. Someone like Andrew or Ryan.

Tim/Nick has moments where they shine, but more often than not they don't have the gravitas that is needed to be equal to Beyond's third chairs like the above mentioned or Brian.

I like Colin and Greg, but they really do need a 3rd voice that can carry an equal force in the conversation. Someone like Andrew or Ryan.

Tim/Nick has moments where they shine, but more often than not they don't have the gravitas that is needed to be equal to Beyond's third chairs like the above mentioned or Brian.

They said earlier today that it'll primarily be just Greg and Colin, but they will try to get other video game journalists, developers, friends of the industry, etc. as much as they can. Expect most episodes to be just the two of them.

Gusto

My problem is that I don't want to pay, and if I don't pay then by the time I get the pod, it's old news. Also, the third wheel needs to know PlayStation. I just really miss podcast beyond with Greg and Collin, maybe I'm just getting old and bitter.

My problem is that I don't want to pay, and if I don't pay then by the time I get the pod, it's old news. Also, the third wheel needs to know PlayStation. I just really miss podcast beyond with Greg and Collin, maybe I'm just getting old and bitter.

Pay? The podcast is free. They've repeated that multiple times.

Looking forward to this. Huge Beyond fan and I'm enjoying the new team as well! How ever it feels more like a "Comedy Button Gamescast" than a Playstation centric one.

It's not even out (but you can subscribe and get the podcast's theme song) and it's already one of the top video game podcasts. Yesterday on Colin and Greg Live, Colin pulled up a thing that showed that PS I Love You XOXO was like the sixth best video game podcast. Wow!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
It's not even out (but you can subscribe and get the podcast's theme song) and it's already one of the top video game podcasts. Yesterday on Colin and Greg Live, Colin pulled up a thing that showed that PS I Love You XOXO was like the sixth best video game podcast. Wow!

Nice, subscribed, was pretty easy to find being right at the top of the games & hobbies category on iTunes. Looking forward to the first episode.

gameovergreggy

Kinda Funny Games
Am I counting right? Gamescast, GOG Show, & PS, I Love You?
Hey--

Your math is right. Haters gonna hate.

(However we do Let's Plays every day, we break up the podcast every day, I'm on a million things outside of this, there's Colin & Greg Live every day, etc. I see the point, so maybe he's not a hater, but TECHNICALLY, you're right and he's wrong so let's dance.)

Greg

PS I Love You XOXO

seabass0

Really digging episode 1 so far. I love that it's basically Greg and Colin's old Beyond Format.

Starting with Roper'S Report. :) Doo doot doo doot ...

tusken77

Just started listening. Already off to great start within the first 20 seconds - the intro theme is fantastic.

EDIT: Hi Greg.

40 minutes in so far, really enjoying it. This is obviously where Colin and Greg are at their best, and I prefer this kind of discussion to a lot of what the Gamescast is (topics like "why you should play ___, our favorite games, first game that made us feel ____, etc). I still really like the Gamescast but it's a different show

I just really hope that IGN doesn't give them any grief for doing not-Beyond. Obviously it's just a Playstation podcast but stuff like sidestepping with Roper's Report (singular possessive) is the sort of thing that might cause some infringement claims. Though, I suspect they've carefully figured out how to tiptoe around that kind of stuff in the past 9 months ;)

First podcast is over 2 hours long? Daaaammmmn. 40 minute commute to work is getting packed between listening to Beyond, Unlocked, Nintendo Voice Chat and now PS I love You.

I wanted to start listening to IGN's Anime Club podcast, but I can't find the time!

jmaine_ph

I literally was introduced to Greg and Colin on the tail end of Podcast Beyond. I'm excited to be here day 1 on a new journey! Let's go!

witness

Only a few minutes in and I'm loving this, the old format is back! Been listening for 8 years now to Greg and Colin, thank you so much for doing this.

sora87

So, will we be seeing an Xbox podcast from you as well down the line, Greg, or is that off the cards?

The only reason their doing this is because their expertise lay with Playstation, so don't expect that.

Also this is brilliant, I've missed Beyond so much, and this is Beyond reinvented with an awesome name. Fantastic.

TalonJH

Hey--

(However we do Let's Plays every day, we break up the podcast every day, I'm on a million things outside of this, there's Colin & Greg Live every day, etc. I see the point, so maybe he's not a hater, but TECHNICALLY, you're right and he's wrong so let's dance.)

Greg

PS I Love You XOXO

All pretty great products. I approve of more Greg and/or Colin.

Hey--

Greg

PS I Love You XOXO

Ive got no problems with you guys, i just like a little diversity. Like for example, when you guys where on IGN, you werent doing every podcast. The sony guys would do the sony one, the xbox guys did the xbox one etc. It brought a bit of diversity and different opinions as well. My problem isnt as much the number of podcasts you do, but the fact that (even though i understand that you guys are the kindafunny attraction) you guys are on all of them. Just feels like the same podcast over and over. It would be nice to get other guys on just to changed things up a bit and get some differing options so that they dont all feel the same. Thats my 2 cents.

Zukkoyaki

It's everything I wanted it to be! Only Greg and Colin have the personality and chemistry to carry a two hour podcast just the two of them. Fantastic!

Listening to the first episode now - it's Beyond in all but name, and that's just what the doctor ordered. I'd even go as far to say that getting rid of the ever-rotating third chair entirely is to the podcast's benefit; no need for guests.

Watched the first 26 minutes of it during my 3 hour schedule gap. I'll save the rest of it for when I have to take the bus/bike home. It's excellent so far.

Wow so glad this is back. Last beyond I listened to had like 5 people yelling beyond over each other over and over for a while. I had to turn the damn thing off it was so annoying. Too bad Greg and Colin couldn't keep the name and save it. Marty is the only redeeming factor. I like him q lot but he is more of a supporting personality in my view. I will give beyond a shot again but they need to limit themselves to 1 or 2 beyond exclamations per episode opening. Brian and max annoy the shit out of me most the time anyway.

Urgh colin says some dumb ass fucking shit half the time, but the way he talked about dungeons defender 2 really pissed me off.

Its £20 early access game that will be f2p at launch, buy buying it early the game gives you £20 in game currency for costumes etc.
Why is that unacceptable?

Top Bottom