• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus July games - Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 and Horizon Chase Turbo

• Thread starter Deleted member 740922
  • Start date

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Anybody moaning about this being poor, just wait until you see what shite Xbox will likely get, lol. This will be god tier compared to that...

hrab

rVa0074.jpg

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Doczu

Man, my buddy told me "they putthat Horizon fame for free for July" and i googled like a fucking madman only to see they gave a port of a f2p mobile racer (no matter how good) and and a yearly sports game.

Fuck you Sony, i'm cancelling my subscription.

Ar¢tos

A fucking soccer game and a free to play phone game. Just when I think it can't get worse it somehow does. What's next month? The Ps4 port of Flappy Bird and Dream Daddy?
I would prefer Dream Daddy to these 2 we got... At least I could have a laugh by saying all the wrong things to the "daddies"! These 2 titles are like watching paint dry for me.

Fbh

Horizon Chase is $2.99 on mobile, it's not F2P.
You can download it for free but it gives you access to 5 tracks and 2 cars. Then you can make a one time $2.99 payment and the full game unlocks with all 90+ tracks and 20+ cars.
It's actually one of the reasons I like it so much. You just pay once and get a cool and complete game with none of the ususal mobile shit. No timers or energy bars or loot boxes or RNG

The console/PC port also includes some new cars, new tracks, new games modes and local multiplayer.

I'm not trying to defend the lineup as I still think it's pretty weak and an enhanced port of a $3 mobile game isn't anything amazing either.
But I really think that on its own Horizon Chase is pretty neat and more than just some F2P mobile game

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Fuck you Sony!!!

First I hate Football... real and videogame

Second a Fucking Racing game??!!!!!

Get the fuck off.

Geki-D

Banned
I wish journos would hold Sony's feet to the fire on this. Actually question them on the Plus offering and people's dissatisfaction with only 2 games and their quality since they dropped Vita & PS3. I assume they're roughing it till the PS5 comes out, then they'll have PS4 & 5 games which will work on PS5 thanks to BC but there is no PS5 release date. They can't have Plus running on fumes for that long (at least a year minimum to go).

Right now I'm more excited for their PS Now monthly releases. They're actually pretty decent and there are way more games. You don't even need Plus to play them online. If you don't really play MP and have good internet, I'd recommend you drop Plus and get Now instead.

kyubajin

Won't renovate PS+ this year, the selection is definitely not been stellar or to my liking and I barely even play online.

I just picked up PES 2019 in the Steam sale. I 'm a huge PES fan, but hadn't picked it up in a while. But I won't refund it, I'll just keep it on Steam - I'd rather have it on PC anyway.

Horizon Chase Turbo looks really fun to me though. It got pretty good reviews as well.

If I hadn't decided to get PES on PC, this would have been a really great month for me though. I get that sports titles don't have the general appeal that most are looking for though.

I guess I'm just easy to please. :p

It's not even fun but to each their own I guess..
Its kind of disturbing to see a sport as gruesome as UFC becoming more mainstream than ever. I suspect toxic masculinity is a key factor to the rise since the world is threatening the idea of masculinity with each passing day. Its a "safe space" for those with insecurities in their masculinity.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

FUCK YEAH! Nothing is stopping Wilder yo
I'm going with Tyson. He'll be leaner and meaner this time around. If he can avoid getting knocked out he'll win for sure he's by far the better boxer in terms of skill, but Wilder can knock you out with just one punch out of nowhere so he'll have to be at his best.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
I have been given NeoGAF gold by pimentel1 pimentel1 - wow, thank you 🙂

What did I do though for this kind gift? Are you sure you clicked the right person? :messenger_fearful:

But thank you :messenger_relieved:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Damn, nothing I’m interested in.

This is embarassing, especially after MS E3 Game Pass

This isn’t PSNOW, these are two free games Sony gives away to online subscribers every month. Think you’re confusing the two.

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

Not saying there is enough here for a PS+ month, but I did come into the thread with the expectation of defending Horizon Chase Turbo. It is a very good game.
I see the defense is not required as it's already taken care of. Nice job guys. (y)

Metal Jesus Rocks always has coverage on Horizon Chase turbo. Looks really rad, considering I played the crap out of Top Gear and TG2 on the SNES back in my kid gaming days! It is indeed homage to those AAAAND Outrun.

Pretty excited about this one, not sure I care for the footie game.

How fortuitous that I just got an email from PSN saying they couldn't process payment for my PS+ renewal. Don't think it was an accident, Sony. :p

Aintitcool

Banned
PES 19 is cool because its world cup next year and having a semi recent football game is awesome for when matching games with friends.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I just picked up PES 2019 in the Steam sale. I 'm a huge PES fan, but hadn't picked it up in a while. But I won't refund it, I'll just keep it on Steam - I'd rather have it on PC anyway.

Horizon Chase Turbo looks really fun to me though. It got pretty good reviews as well.

If I hadn't decided to get PES on PC, this would have been a really great month for me though. I get that sports titles don't have the general appeal that most are looking for though.

I guess I'm just easy to please. :p

In EU having PES is a very big deal or used to be. Not sure why people are screaming murder, but must be the NA store side. Pretty weird as the U.S. is doing great in the World Cup too...

Geki-D

Banned
In EU having PES is a very big deal or used to be. Not sure why people are screaming murder, but must be the NA store side. Pretty weird as the U.S. is doing great in the World Cup too...
I'm sure PES is a great game to some people, I mean, PLENTY of people love football so it must be, and Horizon Chase Turbo doesn't look *that* bad, all things considered. But with only 2 games there really isn't something for everyone. A lot of people also don't care for sports & racers so this month you got jack squat. I'd also imagine that for the people who actually like football enough to play games about it, they'd have already gotten PES. I mean there's literally only really 2 a year; FIFA & PES so it's logical to assume fans of that type of game have already picked it up.

Also PES for the US is pretty silly. Obviously not too many people over there are going to care. I'd find a Madden game on Plus for Europe to be even more laughable.

Last edited:

bellome

Crap games.
Sony needs to offer more than just two a month.

PES 2019 is the most authentic soccer videogame experience you can buy right now.

It is indeed a very good game, whether you like it or not.

Something you don't like is not automatically crap.

Last edited:

Blancka

PES 2019 is the most authentic soccer videogame experience you can buy right now.

It currently sits at 6.5 user average on metacritic.

I'm not a football fan anyway, but it leads me to believe that it's not objectively the most authentic soccer experience or that it's "very good whether I like it or not" as you seem to claim.

TLZ

Banned

PES is shit mate. It hasn't been PES and lost its way since last gen. The PES we have now has become a FIFA wannabe, which isn't good. At all. No soul. Very scripted. Same goals. No variety. No fouls. No PK. Bad ML. All about MyClub and mtx.

If you're looking for authenticity or a sim, even a half-sim, it's not that anymore. If you're looking for mindless arcade repetitive fun, then it's for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom