• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus July games - Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 and Horizon Chase Turbo

• Thread starter Deleted member 740922
  • Start date

bellome

It currently sits at 6.5 user average on metacritic.

I'm not a football fan anyway, but it leads me to believe that it's not objectively the most authentic soccer experience or that it's "very good whether I like it or not" as you seem to claim.

I play soccer games since 1996 and the first FIFA on snes. I own dozens of soccer games in my collection, from several different IPs.

I also play soccer since young age and i use to live in a country where soccer is king and everybody plays soccer videogames.

For several years i played only soccer videogames and took part in many local tournaments (different games from different IPs).

It's just my experience and this is just my opinion.

But you can keep trusting that userscore.

Blancka

I play soccer games since 1996 and the first FIFA on snes. I own dozens of soccer games in my collection, from several different IPs.

I also play soccer since young age and i use to live in a country where soccer is king and everybody plays soccer videogames.

For several years i played only soccer videogames and took part in many local tournaments (different games from different IPs).

It's just my experience and this is just my opinion.

But you can keep trusting that userscore.

That's fine. Have your opinion. Nobody is saying you can't like something. But when you go around saying "This is the best X game ever objectively and your opinion is wrong" to people expect to get put in your place when your bullshit is called.

Virex

Banned
I don't have PS+ but I swear it used to have more games than just 2 a month? Or am I missing something?

bellome

That's fine. Have your opinion. Nobody is saying you can't like something. But when you go around saying "This is the best X game ever objectively and your opinion is wrong" to people expect to get put in your place when your bullshit is called.

I am not going around shouting my opinions, it's not my style.

I just wanted to respond to a post saying the game is crap, which is not true.

PES has it's downsides and problems but it actually is the most faithful reproduction of soccer in a videogame.

And if you properly understand how videogames work (i am sure you do) and how soccer works (maybe not, correct me if i am wrong) you would realize this by yourself.

This doesn't mean it's objectively the best soccer videogame out there because everyone's taste/need has it's best option.

What is best for me may not be best for you but this doesn't change the value of PES as a soccer sim wannabe.

Last edited:

Hissing Sid

Fuck football.

I’ve got all sorts of bad memories tied up with the game.

I was a skinny little kid with all the athletic prowess and gross motor coordination of a plank and I had zero enthusiasm for sports. Being born into a nation where boys were expected to be naturally interested in hitting a leather sphere into a rectangle, this was not a good thing.

I was so fucking useless at the game that I’d regularly be asked to act as a goal post in unavoidable school matches. I’d ALWAYS be the last kid to be picked out for the teams. Yup, I’d be stood there shivering alone, long after the fat kid and the girl had been chosen and there’d be a fierce argument going on over who was going to be lumbered with me.

If it was my teams turn to be skins (The team that had to take their tops off for the game) then that just introduced a fresh level of horror. Cue all the catcalls and merciless ribbing. ‘Hey Sid, where did you go?’.... ‘Hey Sid can you teach me how to vanish like that?’.... ‘Hey lads! Has anyone seen Sid?’.... ‘Anyone here play the xylophone? We can have a tune at half time!’.... So on and so forth. And that was just the sports teacher!

All good old fashioned character building stuff. So thanks but no thanks Sony, I won’t be playing your childhood trauma simulator, even for free.

Blancka

I am not going around shouting my opinions, it's not my style.

I just wanted to respond to a post saying the game is crap, which is not true.

PES has it's downsides and problems but it actually is the most faithful reproduction of soccer in a videogame.

And if you properly understand how videogames work (i am sure you do) and how soccer works (maybe not, correct me if i am wrong) you would realize this by yourself.

This doesn't mean it's objectively the best soccer videogame out there because everyone's taste/need has it's best option.

What is best for me may not be best for you but this doesn't change the value of PES as a soccer sim wannabe.

And what criteria are you basing this on? I don't think "I know soccer and videogames really well" counts as an objective scientific source

xrnzaaas

I don't have PS+ but I swear it used to have more games than just 2 a month? Or am I missing something?
It used to have 6 - 2 for PS4, 2 for PS3, 2 for Vita. Also some games were crossplay so you could have a month with 3, 4 or even 5 PS4 games.

Also they haven't given away any new bonus games since they've limited their offerings. I have a few Playlink and PSVR games in my library.

Virex

Banned
It used to have 6 - 2 for PS4, 2 for PS3, 2 for Vita. Also some games were crossplay so you could have a month with 3, 4 or even 5 PS4 games.

Also they haven't given away any new bonus games since they've limited their offerings. I have a few Playlink and PSVR games in my library.
That sucks. So they decreased the value of PS+ and still charge the same?

xrnzaaas

That sucks. So they decreased the value of PS+ and still charge the same?
Exactly, the only thing they've added is they've increased the Cloud storage space from 10 to 100GB (XONE has unlimited Cloud storage for free...)

Last edited:

YoshiMax

Is Horizon Chase Turbo a good alternative to something like Outrun 2 (which I am playing on my Xbox)? The game looked neat but so many of these "retro" games sell you on the graphics while the gameplay is barely a ghost's fart compared to the arcade games from which they draw inspiration.

It's not even fit to lick the boots of the arcade original Outrun never mind 2. It's a mobile phone game nothing more.

Virex

Banned
Exactly, the only thing they've added is they've increased the Cloud storage space from 10 to 100GB (XONE has unlimited Cloud storage for free...)
I'm with you on that with the cloud storage. I'm by no means a fanboy of Sony or Microsoft. I care about games and which console they are on doesn't matter to me. But still charging the same price for PS+ while taking away the appeal it had to get people to sign up just sucks and isn't right. I remember in the PS3 days the free games is why people signed up for PS+. Really sucks for the people that enjoy the free games and now getting less. I don't have Xbox Live either. But has anything changed with Xbox Live and games with gold. Are there less games or more games now?

YoshiMax

I'm with you on that with the cloud storage. I'm by no means a fanboy of Sony or Microsoft. I care about games and which console they are on doesn't matter to me. But still charging the same price for PS+ while taking away the appeal it had to get people to sign up just sucks and isn't right. I remember in the PS3 days the free games is why people signed up for PS+. Really sucks for the people that enjoy the free games and now getting less. I don't have Xbox Live either. But has anything changed with Xbox Live and games with gold. Are there less games or more games now?

4 games a month - 2 XB1 titles and 2 360/OG titles or a mix.

In EU having PES is a very big deal or used to be. Not sure why people are screaming murder, but must be the NA store side. Pretty weird as the U.S. is doing great in the World Cup too...

Well my heart is in Sweden, but my body is in the US. I always pull for Sweden first, but I love to see the US succeed as well.

My dream final is Sweden / US with Sweden getting their first win, but Germany have yet to concede, and that's going to be a tough ask. But Sweden can do it, if some things fall right.

But on topic, it seems most every month people are crying about PS+ offerings - and have been for ages. I know it's human nature to bitch and moan for most, but it seems it would be easier to just cancel rather than wasting your energy complaining if you don't find the service worth the money.

PES was more popular and a better than FIFA in 2005-2012. Afterwards FIFA got the crown back and even in Europe people dont care as much for PES.

Javthusiast

Banned
Good thing they took out the extra games to boost the two ps4 games' quality...oh wait.

Oh and they increased ps plus prices recently.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Detroit digital deluxe is taking the place of PES, comes with Heavy Rain too.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Detroit digital deluxe is taking the place of PES, comes with Heavy Rain too.
Ah good !
I need my fix of "Shaun! Shaun! Shaun! Shaun! Shaun! Shaun!Shaun! Shaun! Shaun!Shaun! Shaun! Shaun!Shaun! Shaun! Shaun!Shaun! Shaun! Shaun!Shaun! Shaun! Shaun!"

There is also CoolPaint VR (at least for Portugal and Spain).

manfestival

HOLAY MOLAY YES
I am 110% happy with this change. I am super pleased with this move. Wasn't heavy rain already ps+? ANYWAYS, no complaints from me

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
Why'd they remove PES?!
This situation could have been handled better as some people were looking forward to PES...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Saw a rumor on Reddit that PES is going free to play soon and that's why it was pulled (bad luck to "give away" a game that soon goes free for everyone).

I was looking forward to checking it out as well. I naturally just finished Detroit recently from when it was $8 in the E3 sale. Really enjoyed it though, so no skin of my nose for so cheap.

Geki-D

Banned
I already have Detroit so I guess I would have prefered PES even if I doubt I would have ever played it. Though if it's going F2P then it's a better idea to not put it on Plus. It sucks that Destiny 2 was put on Plus when that's going F2P soon.

R600

Banned
PES was more popular and a better than FIFA in 2005-2012. Afterwards FIFA got the crown back and even in Europe people dont care as much for PES.
ISS/PES was better since 98 mate, after 2012 it went downhill but FIFA sucks balls as far as actual football goes. Its almost unplayable, but PES is bad at everything else bar football.

Top Bottom