• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

kc44135

Terrible input lag and no online. NOPE. Bought KOF2000 To check, and it was bad.

Wait, do PS2 classics suffer from major input lag on PS4?
I haven't bought any yet, but was planning on picking up a few this week, starting with RE: Code Veronica. How bad is the lag?

Desmond

I haven't bought any yet, but was planning on picking up a few this week, starting with RE: Code Veronica. How bad is the lag?
I haven't noticed any lag, the only classics I have are Bully and Parappa 2.

BigEmil

Got and played Ape Escape 2, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud1/2 and didn't notice any input lag

Can they add any features to these ps2 on ps4 classics?

I don't think they can, which is why I'm afraid they're just gonna stick RE Outbreak on there without the proper Online =/

kc44135

I don't think they can, which is why I'm afraid they're just gonna stick RE Outbreak on there without the proper Online =/

Yeah, that would really suck. Those games need proper remasters with online support, for sure.

That would be the worst idea, the second one at least needs to be updated with some content and have online.

Yeah, that would really suck. Those games need proper remasters with online support, for sure.

That would be the worst idea, the second one at least needs to be updated with some content and have online.

There were rumors that we were going to hear news of a proper Outbreak Remaster with PSN and or Xbox Live support last year but never came to fruition.

It was the game truly before its time. Honestly, they wouldn't have to do much to the game itself, just up res it and host new servers for it so people can play the scenarios online again.

Would be amazing.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member

Capcom has a ton of games that they developed and published on ps2. I feel like they could spend a long time avoiding releasing outbreak with features cut. I mean beyond their many other franchises, they could release RE dead aim.

Shifting gears, I'm excited square enix is getting in on the action. I hope Sega gets next.

There are PS2 remasters with online though. Didn't they say Jak X would have working online?

They used Snap technology for the old US Outbreak servers, so they'd have to change the servers, or use the Japanese ones.

This is why I was unsure of how much stuff they can "change" for these PS2 Classics.

Still hoping for just a Remaster, but that's probably hoping too much =/

Would not worry about it in the slightest unless your into a fighter hardcore and want to use it in a tourney setting or a rhythm game world record or something. Other than that scenario, if you just want to enjoy your old game again there should be no issue if there is (literally milliseconds) lag.

Piccoro

Wait, I just realized that Resident Evil Code: Veronica X is the first PS2 on PS4 game by Capcom.
That opens a lot of possibilities. Hopefully Capcom can bring the PS2 classics that were on PS3, like Capcom vs. SNK 2 or God Hand...

Wait, I just realized that Resident Evil Code: Veronica X is the first PS2 on PS4 game by Capcom.
That opens a lot of possibilities. Hopefully Capcom can bring the PS2 classics that were on PS3, like Capcom vs. SNK 2 or God Hand...

If they bring over CvS2 they need to sort out the input delay on the PAL version (no idea if the other versions were the same).

I had to hook my PS3 up to a CRT to play that.

Knuf

Oooohhh, didn't know that... Maximo 1/2 and Viewtiful Joe next, Capcpom please!

Theorymon

Haven't really paid attention to this, but has Namco put up any games? I'd totally be willing to rebuy We Love Katamari and Klonoa 2...

Piccoro

Haven't really paid attention to this, but has Namco put up any games? I'd totally be willing to rebuy We Love Katamari and Klonoa 2...

No Namco games yet, unfortunately. Now would be an excellent time to release Tekken 4 and 5 because of the T7 hype...

If they bring over CvS2 they need to sort out the input delay on the PAL version (no idea if the other versions were the same).

I had to hook my PS3 up to a CRT to play that.

Yea, the PS3 store version is the slower European 50Hz version. PS2 on PS4 games have all updated to run at 60Hz in EU, so if CVS2 releases I'm sure it will be fine.

No Namco games yet, unfortunately. Now would be an excellent time to release Tekken 4 and 5 because of the T7 hype...

Yea, the PS3 store version is the slower European 50Hz version. PS2 on PS4 games have all updated to run at 60Hz in EU, so if CVS2 releases I'm sure it will be fine.

Right. But it was dumb though, because playing it on a HDTV added input delay that no other PS2 classics I had had. Hooking it up to my CART was basically the equivalent of playing the PAL PS2 disc copy, so not perfect, but certainly as playable as it was back in the day.

Releasing the Tekken games would be great though. Was it Tekken 5 that had 1-3 as unlockables?

I really hope they release GOW1&2 and PSP titles as PS2 classics to be played on PS4.
They cna release Ascension Remastered too to complete the episodes.

Guymelef

uTsiw5h.png

kc44135

Really enjoying Code Veronica. Great port/emulation for anyone interested. The original lighting looks better than the HD remasters, IMO.

I really hope they release GOW1&2 and PSP titles as PS2 classics to be played on PS4.
They cna release Ascension Remastered too to complete the episodes.

Yeah, I'd like to see this happen, for sure. Did GOW 1 & 2 have proper wide-screen on PS2, or was it cropped? Can't remember, but if so, they might look as good as the PS3 remasters, no (unless Bluepoint did more to them than an upscale)?

Edit: Damn, just found out that the GOW Collection didn't have proper wide-screen. They were just cropped on the top and bottom of the screen, with no option for 4:3. It's really surprising, considering Bluepoint was at the helm. That really sucks, and it actually makes me want to see them released as PS2 Classics now (I'd prefer playing them in 4:3, given the option). Hopefully they get released in the lead up to GOW 4.

dracula_x

Really enjoying Code Veronica. Great port/emulation for anyone interested. The original lighting looks better than the HD remasters, IMO.

yep.

btw, I'm very surprised how some people were upset by "PS2 to PS4" thing. Code Veronica X on PS3 was a cheap port, so no big loss to me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Did they remove this category from psn? I see the games are still there but the special category under "games" is seemingly missing. Weird.

Desmond

Did they remove this category from psn? I see the games are still there but the special category under "games" is seemingly missing. Weird.

I noticed this too, took forever to find the GTA games. Unfortunately, they are no longer discounted :/

BHK3

Banned

metal slug anthology has really bad input lag. I dont think any of the ps2 games were ever patched, even Final Fantasy VII has really bad input lag in the menus with no patch every released. I really wish I could get a refund for both of those games :(

Any update on if Legend of Legaia 2, is coming to the EU PS Store? And any date mentioned?

Love the whole, inputting fighting game inputs in to the turn based battle system as a kid. Eager to play it now as an adult.

Yeah, I'd like to see this happen, for sure. Did GOW 1 & 2 have proper wide-screen on PS2, or was it cropped? Can't remember, but if so, they might look as good as the PS3 remasters, no (unless Bluepoint did more to them than an upscale)?

Edit: Damn, just found out that the GOW Collection didn't have proper wide-screen. They were just cropped on the top and bottom of the screen, with no option for 4:3. It's really surprising, considering Bluepoint was at the helm. That really sucks, and it actually makes me want to see them released as PS2 Classics now (I'd prefer playing them in 4:3, given the option). Hopefully they get released in the lead up to GOW 4.

Well PS2 Classics on PS4 seems to be better than HD remasters on PS3.
Jak And Daxter PS2 Classic will be 1080p wit no missing effects from HD collection.
I am sure if all Silent Hill games will be released as PS2 classics, we will enjoy the best version of all platforms:
- Silent Hill 2 : Restless Dreams, not the base one (PS2 version is still the best with most dense fog on any version)
- Silent Hill 3
- Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2 version has more radio broadcats and all the hauntings)
- Silent Hill: Origins (PS2 version has better graphics than PSP version)
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

KalBalboa

Banned
Just finished Red Faction tonight. I hadn't played the campaign through since 2002.

That was rough. The PS4's emulation was just fine- near instantaneous loading, the ability to put the console into rest mode, remote playing on my Vita a few times, the trophies, etc, but man is that game punishing.

The geo-mod stuff is also sort of a barely-there affair in that original game. On hard difficulty you don't really have much time to experiment, either.

Well PS2 Classics on PS4 seems to be better than HD remasters on PS3.
Jak And Daxter PS2 Classic will be 1080p wit no missing effects from HD colelction.
I am sure if all Silent Hill games will be released as PS2 classics, we will enjoy the best version of all platforms:
- Silent Hill 2 : Restless Dreams, not the base one (PS2 version is still the best with most dense fog on any version)
- Silent Hill 3
- Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2 version has more radio broadcats and all the hauntings)
- Silent Hill: Origins (PS2 version has better graphics than PSP version)
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
With current Konami? Doubtful.

Would be so amazing to have this game on the PS4 with trophy support though. :(

Hi,

I'm interested to buy the EU PS2 Classic Bully on the EU PS Store but would like to know if anyone knows if this game runs at 60Hz (or has been patched to 60 Hz) ?

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Man it's too bad EA refuses to dig into their back catalogue. I'd love to finally give Black a try

Top Bottom