• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

Saoshyant

I imagine those games weren't selling enough, because this initiative seems rather dead honestly. Releases have slowed down to a trickle, while existing games with issues (e.g. Wild Arms 3) have not been fixed. Are there sales numbers anywhere?

entremet

I imagine those games weren't selling enough, because this initiative seems rather dead honestly. Releases have slowed down to a trickle, while existing games with issues (e.g. Wild Arms 3) have not been fixed. Are there sales numbers anywhere?
Trophy requirement killed this initiative.

BigEmil

No sales number out yet other than Rockstar saying they were impressed with how well their PS2 titles on PS4 is doing. Only thing we got to guess is check how many ratings and likes that game on the region store has

also is there a release date for Ape Escape 3?

Ape Escape 3 been rated on rating boards since December 2015 along with Siren, Okage, Wild Arms 3 and Primal. All been released except Ape Escape 3 and Siren strangely

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/esrb-rates-wild-arms-3-siren-primal-okage-ape-escape-3-ps4

Vin Ribbon also meant to release

Brofield

Christ I wish they'd just nix that part of it. Just port the goddamn games man, fuck the trophies.

Honest to God this. Trophies should only be kept for remasters and remakes. A straight emulation does not need much more than save states. Anything else is gravy, but ffs I just want to replay TimeSplitters with local multi.

Honest to God this. Trophies should only be kept for remasters and remakes. A straight emulation does not need much more than save states. Anything else is gravy, but ffs I just want to replay TimeSplitters with local multi.

Nah, they should've just had two different types, something like PS2 Classics and PS2 Classics+. PS2 Classics are just basic emulated versions and should've been cross-buy with the PS3 releases (FFS Sony). PS2 Classics+ have the trophies and other improvements.

I still can't believe they haven't added PS1 Classic support though. Sony should be embarrassed by that shit.

Icolin

Banned
Nah, they should've just had two different types, something like PS2 Classics and PS2 Classics+. PS2 Classics are just basic emulated versions and should've been cross-buy with the PS3 releases (FFS Sony). PS2 Classics+ have the trophies and other improvements.

I still can't believe they haven't added PS1 Classic support though. Sony should be embarrassed by that shit.

Yeah, the management of PS Classics has been abysmal, especially compared to what Microsoft is doing with their classics, through backwards compatibility, etc.

GOOCHY

They really should be. Are there any rumblings of PS1 Classics coming to PS4? It's kind of a bummer that PS1 Classics are available on other Sony platforms but not the PS4. I need Castlevania: SoTN with trophies. :(

They really should be. Are there any rumblings of PS1 Classics coming to PS4? It's kind of a bummer that PS1 Classics are available on other Sony platforms but not the PS4. I need Castlevania: SoTN with trophies. :(

I highly doubt if they add the ps1 classics you will get trophies

poodaddy

I highly doubt if they add the ps1 classics you will get trophies

I for one hope they don't even try; the goddamn trophy obsession is what's causing issues in the first place. Just port everything, the trophies are nothing more than additional work, (Read: funds), for devs and pubs to appease the more OCD gamers who are looking to show off their e-peens.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
I recently accidentally bought God Hand for the PS3 because I misread and thought it was for PS4. I had to get a refund. I was so excited for a moment :(

JP

Not a new game as such but i thought it may be of note to some people.

In the UK Store, on PS4 there's a new listing for Dark Cloud Series Soundtrack at £7.99.
It's a compilation of the the work of Tomohito Nishura on both games. That's 123 Tracks at 3 hours, 13 minutes and 37 seconds in total.

Sony seem to like old stuff at the moment so maybe there will be more to come. Not quite the same thing but I'd happily hand over money if games like PaRappa the Rapper also got this treatment.

Blizzje

Anyone else having SHOCKING performance from Grand Theft Auto 3 on the PS4 Pro? So much stuttering and juddering, its almost unplayable for me. Anything I can do to fix this?

How is red faction holding up, must be one of my most played FPS games on consoles I loved it during the ps2 Days. Have to replay the Campaign to re live that nostalgia

xHiryu

Not even Vice City?

the atmosphere in Vice City is top notch, no doubt but san andreas is imo more fun to play. you have 3 cities, unparalleled customization, memorable characters, crazy ass missions and overall a huge sandbox to fuck around in.

do wish that they would make another gta game in vice city, hell ill even take full-blown remakes of the PS2 games at this point.

Piccoro

So according to the PS Blog, this will be the next PS2 game:

79477_front.jpg

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 2.

Kinan

Updated OP. Sony is really making it easy for me to keep up. :p One new game in 2 months? Doesn't look like they ramping up.

Kinan

Many PS2 games discounted in the March EU sale. Psychonauts can be had for 3.99€, for example, all GTA games discounted as well to 7.49€ with PS+, Bully (Canis Canem Edit) is also 7.49€.

Trophy requirement killed this initiative.

The PS2 selection on PS3 (where the requirement doesn't exist) is also pretty terrible, though. I imagine there're other issues having an impact, with licensing being a big one (who owns what after so many companies have gone out of business?) and a lack of interest on the part of publishers absent a demonstrated market.

Lindsaymv

Yeah, I had high hopes for this service. Give me trophies for any of my favourite PS2 games and I'm right there with you, I wish it was that simple To be fair, Dark Cloud 2 was probably pretty high on the list of the games I would repurchase and I didn't even get around to that.

RAIDEN1

I've had to go back onto the PS3 to see what the U.S store has and it has a tons more classic PS1/2 era games on there, than the European store has!! Why for instance does the U.S store have Streetfighter Alpha 3 available on PS3, but UK only goes upto Alpha-2?....

Kinan

I've had to go back onto the PS3 to see what the U.S store has and it has a tons more classic PS1/2 era games on there, than the European store has!! Why for instance does the U.S store have Streetfighter Alpha 3 available on PS3, but UK only goes upto Alpha-2?....

Normally it has to do with some licensing issues. For PS4 we almost have a parity though, with exception of few games that were forbidden in some countries, such as Manhunt.

Danneee

Do anyone know if Twinkle Star in the ADK collection have the horrible slowdown that the PS3 version of the collection had?
Made the game unplayable for me.

Top Bottom