• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

Assuming that its lack of inclusion in the OP is evidence that things haven't changed, it's outrageous that Japan has yet to see any PS2 emulation for PS4.

Slaythe

NOPE!
Sony removed the 50/60Hz option from the PS2 games that had them originally. All PS2 ports in Europe run at 50, then they are sped up to 60Hz which is a mess.

Also, The King of Fighters 2000 is missing from that upcoming list.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BAHAHAHAAH HAAHHA HA HA

I didn't even know they did that.

They are the fucking worst. We should probably make a thread about it to be honest. Hurts my soul to know poor EU brothers are paying full money for shit tier versions.

andshrew

NOPE!
Sony removed the 50/60Hz option from the PS2 games that had them originally. All PS2 ports in Europe run at 50, then they are sped up to 60Hz which is a mess.

Have you got a source for that as this is the first time I've heard this. It seems bizarre they would go out of their way to remove the option.

Slaythe

Have you got a source for that as this is the first time I've heard this. It seems bizarre they would go out of their way to remove the option.

It's not bizarre.

They are outputting all games at 60hz. Except those morons used the 50hz code, so you end up with bad frame pacing and other kind of issues and audio desync bad videos etc... .

They wouldn't give people the choice to "play game at 60hz , or play game at 60hz broken" , whoever the incompetent turd that is charge of EU region thought their messy 60hz was fine, so no need to have the option to have two 60 hz ....

And you don't need a source. Rogue Galaxy doesn't have the toggle in the options, it did on Ps2. If you meant the bad conversions from 50hz, then Digital Foundry talked about it.

Piccoro

Source? Sure, check this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153232

The tests Eurogamer made prove that the EU versions are botched.

Also, check this comments about Rogue Galaxy in that same thread:

Does anyone have the EU/PAL version? Did they remove the 50/60Hz selection at the start of the game or is that still in?

Its not there, it will let you choose the language then get stuck there for a few second and go straight to the title screen. They either took it out or somehow bypassed it.

Edit: andshrew, you actively participated in that last thread, and now you don't remember?...

andshrew

Source? Sure, check this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153232

The tests Eurogamer made prove that the EU versions are botched.

Also, check this comments about Rogue Galaxy in that same thread:

Edit: andshrew, you actively participated in that last thread, and now you don't remember?...

No, I don't remember it being discussed that they were explicitly preventing PAL games that supported 60hz from running as such, so thanks for confirming that.

My assumption for the reason 50hz is being forced to run at 60hz was actually an oversight on Sony's part from the fact that the PS4 doesn't (currently) output anything at 50hz, hence my surprise that if the game actually did natively support 60hz output that it wouldn't be able to use it.

Kinan

Well, its definitely not in Rogue Galaxy. Not sure how they are sure it will not appear in other games though.

Changing OP to the new compact format, putting in links will take some time though.

I know it will never happen due to licensing problems between Disney, Sony and Activision as well as the movies and etc, but I'd love to see Spider-Man 2 on PS4.

Best wishes.

Atolm

NOPE!

Oh, what the fuck. Not touching them with a tentpole then.

Kinan

Ok, OP is done for now, will update in two days when Star Wars games are out, so far not sure if they are EU only or not.

Could not find any info about JPN store, they are still missing out on PS2 games for some reason. How times have changes, oh my.

PaulLFC

Wow, didn't know about the 50Hz issue as I remembered quite a few PS2 games had a 60Hz option.

If I get US PSN credit from Amazon I can just buy them off the US store and play in 60Hz on my UK account, right?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Revenge of the Sith and BloodRayne 2 pls.

FIFY. 2 is much better than the 1st. I'd take both I guess.

It would be nice if the Enix side of SE would release VP2, DQVIII and SO3. Up-res'd PS2 versions would be fine by me.

NOPE!

What a bunch of fucking clowns.

I was so excited for PS2 B/C on PS4 but the amount of problems I'm hearing is so frustrating.

Just let us use our damn discs Sony. Fuck man.

totally disappointing. its like sony playstation department doesn't even play games.for the player my arse. everything is so slow and corporate feeling. disgusting.
Yeah, that's definitely how this feels. If they didn't make such fucking killer first party games I'd bail.

Really hoping we get to see Atlus's games, the Xenosaga trilogy, and Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 on PS4 some day. I would cherish my PS4 unhealthily if this happened.

Revven

Really hoping we get Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Dragon Ball Z Infinite World. The two best DBZ PS2 games from both types of games (no, Budokai 3 is not better than IW).

In an ideal world, we would get all of them though lol. (Budokai 1-3, IW, BT1-3, and Super Dragon Ball Z)

Dominator

Are they fucking serious with that GTA Trilogy price... I paid $45 for them when they released a MONTH ago. Kind of annoyed now.

Dark Chronicle

YnStXTq.gif

RedBoot

As far as the release speed goes, they appear to be adding one game a week, so it's not that bad. It just feels slow because they took a 2 week break over the holidays (as did the rest of PSN). I'm interested to see if they can keep up that pace once they work through all of the Sony titles, though. We've only got a handful of 3rd party titles confirmed (was Psychonauts actually confirmed as the PS2 version?).

Between that and the first-week sales, things are looking better than they did at the program's launch. Can't wait to play Wild Arms 3 again!

kevin1025

Banned
Outside of holiday weeks, they have been releasing one a week.

King of Fighters 2000 is the only game not out from that announcement video, so likely that will be next week's game, and then we should hopefully start seeing the rated games. Ape Escape 2 is my guess for what comes after next week, and then hopefully Dark Cloud 2 (the one I've been waiting for the most).

JRW

on EU PSN only

Warning, GTA Trilogy you can find on EU PS Store is PS3 version! It will not run on PS4, do not buy!

From 15.01.16:
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Racer Revenge

These 3 Star Wars games showed up one day on http://gamedealdaily.com/ as a package deal and they work fine on my US PS4 (digital download code).

The framerate in Jedi Starfighter can get pretty bad at times tho, (Worse than actual PS2 hardware running it)

Gradon

When was Ape Escape 3 confirmed?? SONY. Give me Pumped & Primed and Million Monkeys and I'll never fault you again.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

NOPE!

Lol, ok this is a joke. Seems like every European's easiest and only option here is to download the games with a dummy US account.

I'm happy about the diversity so far. It is kind of surprising that Level-5 was the first Japanese third party to get on board. Hopefully more Japanese publishers follow soon.

I'm conflicted.

Yay for Dark Cloud 2 coming, but boo for that potentially meaning a remaster will never come. The engine L5 used for DC2, Rogue Galaxy, and DQ8 could greatly benefit from 1080p.

Top Bottom