• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 games on PS4 : The list

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
I don't ask much: God Hand and Katamari Damacy... as crossbuy, as I bought them on PS3. Heheh.

EDIT: in fact, bring We Love Katamari too. And Gitaroo Man, just like someone mentioned on page 1!

TheMan

how does rogue galaxy hold up? If I recall correctly, reviews were mixed upon release. I'm wondering if time has been kind.

dan2026

NOPE!
Sony removed the 50/60Hz option from the PS2 games that had them originally. All PS2 ports in Europe run at 50, then they are sped up to 60Hz which is a mess.

Also, The King of Fighters 2000 is missing from that upcoming list.
Fucking hell what a mess.

What are fuck are they doing?
Why would they release 50htz versions in the first place?

I hope nobody is buying this shit.
Has Sony commented on this? How can they have fucked up so badly?

the chris

Would love to see the following:

- All three Fatal Frame games(I don't know how possible this would be with Nintendo co-holding the rights to the franchise now)
- Silent Hill 2 & 3(Probably not going to happen considering the mess that Konami made with the HD collection and they're reluctance to be involved in games anymore)
- Shadow of Rome(The only copy of the game I was able to get was severely damaged so I wasn't able to play it)

Bousf

Thank you OP creator for this idea, I think it'll help us keep track of the games as they come and while the EU Store gets it together (sigh...)

I really hope we get Dragon Quest VIII, Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria and Persona 3 *0*

NO FINAL FANTASY XII BECAUSE REMASTER PLS

Would really love Half Life and Deus Ex: The Conspiracy. I'll single handedly light up the #PS2PS4 to get them if that's what it takes. And while they're at it how about some Extermination and Max Payne.

Kinan

how does rogue galaxy hold up? If I recall correctly, reviews were mixed upon release. I'm wondering if time has been kind.

Rogue Galaxy is pretty good. Its looks quite nice with high res and antialiasing on PS4. And plays smoothly as butter.

As for the game itself, it's a wannabe Final Fantasy with all that come with it. 7.5/10 in my books, completed it and enjoyed.

It is NOT an easy platinum though, unless you love grind.

dan2026

Can we at least have an addendum to the OP warning people away from buying any PS2 games off the EU store?

Because licencing a decade old games from another region for another plattform is a mess.

Not that anybody would understand this, becaue its easier to rage in the internet.

Yeah who cares if unsuspecting customers are getting screwed over?

Kinan

Can we at least have an addendum to the OP warning people away from buying any PS2 games off the EU store?

You are acting like games are not playable or something. Ithink for most games its not a problem at all, didnt notice anything unusual both in rogue galaxy or dark cloud and my wife enjoyed the presence of german in the game way more than I would enjoy slightly smoother gameplay.

It may be a problem for fighters though, in fact, I suspect that KOF2000 is not there yet precisely because of this. I hope that the solution they are forced to create for KOF now will be universal and will be applied to all future games.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

They are good playable. And People who dont are unsuspecting are most likely not even interested in these old games and havent most likely not even noticed. Unless you really play a really shitty conversion, its no big problem.

Kinan

Do we already have a date for Siren?

Well, if we knew it would be in OP already most likely. :) Nothing except rumours so far. I has been apparently spotted among ESRB ratings, but I cannot find it there now. Also there was that story with the fake screenshot, but nothing else really, so I wouldn't get hopes too high for a surprise next week release.

Anyone else get Twisted Metal Black and have it crashing CONSTANTLY? The girlfriend and I keep trying to play co-op and it crashes about every other match with some weird error (but singleplayer seems to work fine with no issues). Tempted to try for a refund. Sony can't even get PS2 games right...

I don't understand why N.A. hasn't gotten the Star Wars games yet.

EDIT: Wait, did something change? Are they finally available?

EDIT 2: Apparently, the came out last Friday... well, I know what I'm doing after class.

hort22

percent chances they bring fire pro wrestling returns from the ps2 classic to ps4?

does every game that gets ported over have to have trophies?

decaf

Seriously, who is in charge of the U.K. PSN Store these days? Dark Chronicle still hasn't been added to the PS2 list.

Kyonashi

It's been over a month since the last ones were announced/released. I was expecting a more solid release schedule than this.

Sigh i really want suikoden but alas konami... a perfect list would be

Ape escape 3
Suikoden 3&5
Wild arms 5
Dark cloud 2(already accomplished)
Star ocean 3
Persona 3

And im good.

Sony takes an L for their handling of this. Had Viewtiful Joe & Ape Escape come out before I built my new PC, those would've been insta-purchases.

poodaddy

It's been over a month since the last ones were announced/released. I was expecting a more solid release schedule than this.

I was just thinking this yesterday; they're really not utilizing this like I thought they would. There's an absolute gold mine of PS2 classics to port over to PS4 but they're really sleeping on this. To be honest, I think the feature's going to die a silent death. I love it, but I think that Sony believed there'd be more money in this than there was. I mean they haven't really added much of a library at all, but not intelligently capitalizing on a valuable feature hasn't stopped companies of this size from prematurely declaring a feature as a "loss" in the past. I'm not expecting much more at this point.....I really hope I'm wrong though.

In other news, the last PS1 classic released on the NA store was back in October. I believe that's the longest there's ever not been a PS1 game released. Either Sony is focusing their efforts on PS2 releases, or they've given up on legacy games altogether.

If it weren't for their insistence on including trophy support, we might actually be seeing something that resembles a steady release schedule by now.

In other news, the last PS1 classic released on the NA store was back in October. I believe that's the longest there's ever not been a PS1 game released. Either Sony is focusing their efforts on PS2 releases, or they've given up on legacy games altogether.

If it weren't for their insistence on including trophy support, we might actually be seeing something that resembles a steady release schedule by now.
they've basically backed themselves in a corner. The instance for trophies and other improvements are great i love it but at the same time it seems to take to long.

I want Sony to focus on all the classic one-offs like Urban Reign, Bully, and Manhunt, then focus on fighters, then RPGS. I feel this scatter shot approach just keeps people disappointed.

Kinan

Well, not much more for me so far. :/ Added links to EU GTA Trilogy, but do not see that I missed anything else so far - just nothing happened.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What if the lack of games is because Sony needs time to sorting out licensing of US games for Europe because of the 60 Hz thing?

Top Bottom