• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3-GAF GTAV Crew -- Gaming Age Family

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Everyone who has recently added themselves to the spreadsheet has received invites. We should be up to date as of now.

CzarTim and moinizzle the social club page shows 'invited' on my side but also says there was an error. Let me know if you don't see invites.

Everyone who has recently added themselves to the spreadsheet has received invites. We should be up to date as of now.

CzarTim and moinizzle the social club page shows 'invited' on my side but also says there was an error. Let me know if you don't see invites.
Great. Thanks!

Juicy Bob

Thanks a lot! :)

I appreciate this must take a lot of effort.

openworld

Neo Member
unfortunately I got kicked again!

I'm already here on the first page.
please add me again

cu in october online

(socialclubname: openworld30)

Afro

cannot wait for competitive 8v8 matches. hoping it brings back Saints 1 memories. no auto-aim is crucial though. i don't mind lock-on in co-op/free roam, but competitive game modes should force free aim only, maybe some slight aim assist at most.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Bad news fellas....I will not be joining everyone online until the week after it opens. My best friend is going to be in town for a week in October and I won't have time to play seriously. We may get on drunk though in the evening and just mess around.

So I apologize in advance for my horrible play until October 8th.

Fuck yeah, added myself to the doc and also sent out the invite on the social club (not sure if that was a bit premature or not).

Anyway, totally fucking stoked. I don't have a whole lot of gaming friends IRL, and would love to get to know some of you guys a bit better.

DietRob

Aight did some crew maintenance just now. I can't stress enough that if you want to be in the crew put your name on the gdoc. I'm literally tabbing over to the gdoc and ctrl+f'ing the social club name I see and if it's not on the doc I reject the application.

So far this has been a one man venture here so we don't have commissioners anymore. Ya'll can fight it out in the rep rank and if I can find someone to help manage the crew later great if not I'll continue running shit.

Oh, and I left Himuro on as our only muscle since he was the GTA IV OP. Anyone else not on the gdoc gets the boot.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I see now why you reset things. What exactly is there to do right now? I'm not sure this hierarchy means anything until online hits but things have been quiet because people seem to be playing the game and we can't exactly do anything online yet. I already had a private discussion with you about this but if that's the approach you want to take then so be it. You should talk these things through though. That's why I mentioned to you about being as high as can be since I will be playing the game but I'm not sure what's been so hard about running the crew yet since we're all still playing and getting our feet wet with the game. I was thinking about looking through the crew and promoting some people based on how much they've dug into the game. You will have to do that now. I can't really see all the stats yet but we're all knee deep in the game now. You have to allow some time for stats to accrue and to make decisions on the crew. I don't think you should have hit reset without discussing things with those who are serious about participating.

DietRob

I see now why you reset things. What exactly is there to do right now? I'm not sure this hierarchy means anything until online hits but things have been quiet because people seem to be playing the game and we can't exactly do anything online yet. I already had a private discussion with you about this but if that's the approach you want to take then so be it. You should talk these things through though. That's why I mentioned to you about being as high as can be since I will be playing the game but I'm not sure what's been so hard about running the crew yet since we're all still playing and getting our feet wet with the game. I was thinking about looking through the crew and promoting some people based on how much they've dug into the game. You will have to do that now. I can't really see all the stats yet but we're all knee deep in the game now. You have to allow some time for stats to accrue and to make decisions on the crew. I don't think you should have hit reset without discussing things with those who are serious about participating.

Yea, I probably should have reached out instead of just demoting you and snake but that street goes 2 ways. The real work is making sure everyone who is a member on GAF and wants in the crew is able to get in the crew. Were you able to see invites that came through once I had to flip it to invite only? I'm not sure of the level of access you had at commish level.

If so then people at commish level could help me in making sure GAF is able to get into the crew. That is what I was talking about in my previous post about this being a 1 man job thus far. Anyway we are nearly full and I've gone through and verified that everyone (except Himuro) is a member of GAF and as such are representatives.

Hit me back in PM if you want to figure things out.

added myself to the doc and sent a request! :D

So far this has been a one man venture here so we don't have commissioners anymore. Ya'll can fight it out in the rep rank and if I can find someone to help manage the crew later great if not I'll continue running shit.

I run the Battlefield 3 Platoon and since someone "has" to be the "leader" its better to promote those who constantly play the game to captains or whatever to have influence over the decisions there. Although the BF3 one was quite useless on PS3.

But these are still mostly bonus stuff anyways and not that serious, and too many people making decisions can make a hassle.

codhand

could someone enlighten me as to what participation in this gaf gang will mean, in terms of online modes, and gameplay?...

i know there's deathmatch, but how does SP content work when im playing online in the crew?

DietRob

Social Club is running like complete ass today. I see we have a bunch of new applicants but social club is not letting me send out invites at this time. Keeps failing.

I'll try again maybe Monday when things settle down a bit.

dubq

could someone enlighten me as to what participation in this gaf gang will mean, in terms of online modes, and gameplay?...

i know there's deathmatch, but how does SP content work when im playing online in the crew?

Apparently there are going to be something like 500+ (with more constantly being added) missions for you to play in outside of the standard deathmatches, etc.

Some basic info here: http://ca.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/GTA_Online

Top Bottom