• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 MGS4 80GB bundle available for preorder at circuitcity.com

Yeah I think this is the new 80GB package as well. Because if users just want a stand alone PS3 theres still the 40GB to choose from despite not having BC I think thats what Sony is focusing on as its core console.

Can any gafers who have been looking into a 60gb PS3 tell me what the price is looking like these days? It's been a while since I've tracked it.

This bundle looks pretty attractive, especially with a little extra off at Target, but I wasn't really planning on getting one until later this year.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay, after talking to someone I know on the inside, as far as they know, the 80GB will replace the MotorStorm one, and should be as available as that one was when it was out.

Kagari said:
Okay, after talking to someone I know on the inside, as far as they know, the 80GB will replace the MotorStorm one, and should be as available as that one was when it was out.
Great, do you know if it will have a price drop?

RadarScope1 said:
Can any gafers who have been looking into a 60gb PS3 tell me what the price is looking like these days? It's been a while since I've tracked it.
This bundle looks pretty attractive, especially with a little extra off at Target, but I wasn't really planning on getting one until later this year.

Lets see a 60GB are nonexistent in terms of Sony making them anymore. The only way you can find them now is if you know someone willing to sell it, or ebay, etc. Your only options now are a 40GB which has no Backwards Compatibility or an 80GB which has BC. So now that leaves us with how much each costs. Well the 40 GB is $399 and I think it comes packed in w/ a Spiderman 3 bluray not sure if it still comes with it though. And the other option is a 80GB w/ Motorstorm which is $499. And then there is the new bundle which is an 80GB w/ MGS4 / and a voucher to download the online PSN game PAIN, and thats also listed as $499. but who knows by the time the new MGS4 bundle comes out the old Motorstorm bundle may dip in price. Just be on the look out.

Well thats pretty lame considering the new bundle totally owns the hell out of Motorstorm. :) If history repeats itself maybe Sony will anounce a price drop on the Motorstorm bundle at E3, say $50 less. Or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part. :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Big Tunaaa said:
Well thats pretty lame considering the new bundle totally owns the hell out of Motorstorm. :)

Of course, and people will buy it. That's why they're not dropping the price.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Big Tunaaa said:
lol yeah my mistake. I should have specified but I was referring too a price drop for the Motorstorm bundle.

That bundle is completely discontinued and gone from the channels. If any stores still have them, I'd be amazed.

Then you'd be absolutely stunned if you came to my Gamestop. When I went there last week to pick up a few games, a customer asked for a 40GB PS3 and the employee said they were all out, but they had 2 80 GBs left!!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Big Tunaaa said:
Then you'd be absolutely stunned if you came to my Gamestop. When I went there last week to pick up a few games, a customer asked for a 40GB PS3 and the employee said they were all out, but they had 2 80 GBs left!!!

Wow :lol

Clearly your mind was blown away lol, let me calm you down by saying I think I remember the employee saying one was used. So subtract 1 amazement point! :D

Pakman

Anyone know if we can go in-store and preorder this? I do not want to pay for the damn shipping.

edit: Oops didnt' see that it's free shipping. Thought the free shipping mentions in the posts were referring to Amazon.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
momolicious said:
dang, you have to wait till 30th to get it at amazon
I see that date on the page but it just can't be real. :(

I'll wait until they open up preorders and if they still have that date listed then I'm gonna start looking for other options.

Pakman

It's cheaper to pre-order at Frys.com if you don't live in AZ, CA, GA, OH, TX, NV,WA, IL or IN (no tax in states not mentioned). 2-day shipping is $17 for me, while the tax at CC is $38. And the free shipping at CC will definately not be 2-day.

Syckx

Just to let you guys know, according to the Sony rep, this bundle is limited as well and is the last opportunity to get a backwards compatible unit. Take it for what it's worth.

Syckx said:
Just to let you guys know, according to the Sony rep, this bundle is limited as well and is the last opportunity to get a backwards compatible unit. Take it for what it's worth.

so they are trying to get rid of left over stock

Syckx

That's what he made it sound like. I'm not betting the farm on either situation (excess or shortage). There is evidence for both.

Anyone get any official word from their local brick+mortar? Mine just told me they're doing the midnight opening and WILL have the bundles that night, but are not taking pre-orders.

I guess this is how I'll be attending the midnight launch.
police_adv_NriotGear.jpg

Rhindle said:
If that's the case, why offer it only in 1 bundle in 1 region?
SCEE does not like having multiple SKUs. The reason Europe got the 60GB over 20GB was because 60GB was more popular overall (but lacked the EE). People complained about the price of the PS3 too much (and that SKU was still losing a lot of money), which is why 40GB came. I remember someone at SCEE stated back when MS first announced their 360 SKUs that having more than one SKU at once is just too confusing, and it seems like SCEE is sticking to that. Although the NA may get the 80GB, it sucks that there's a lot of SKU confusion in NA.

Anyway, I'll be sure people I know who want this, know about this. It will be interesting to see if there was new production of 80GB models for the MGS4 bundle (It's being believed they were 80GB consoles not put on store shelves and/or MotorStorm bundles pulled from the shelves), but we won't know until people have it.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Big Tunaaa said:
Great, do you know if it will have a price drop?

Lets see a 60GB are nonexistent in terms of Sony making them anymore. The only way you can find them now is if you know someone willing to sell it, or ebay, etc. Your only options now are a 40GB which has no Backwards Compatibility or an 80GB which has BC. So now that leaves us with how much each costs. Well the 40 GB is $399 and I think it comes packed in w/ a Spiderman 3 bluray not sure if it still comes with it though. And the other option is a 80GB w/ Motorstorm which is $499. And then there is the new bundle which is an 80GB w/ MGS4 / and a voucher to download the online PSN game PAIN, and thats also listed as $499. but who knows by the time the new MGS4 bundle comes out the old Motorstorm bundle may dip in price. Just be on the look out.
my 40gb ps3 did not have the spider - man move in it.

Damn, I was looking forward to this bundle but just broke down and bought a 40gig last Saturday using the Meijer deal. Great bundle though, everyone get it!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just to inform you guys too... GS/EB is running a deal where you trade in your PS2 and a extra controller and a memory card and get $80 toward a PS3 purchase. $80 is much more than what those things are worth normally.

^^ Gamestop usually rips you off but this isn't too bad of a deal. I remember I did something similar, they had a promotion like this a year ago but I got $100 toward a PS3. But then again back then they costed $599 and you didn't get in bonus pack ins. So yeah totally worth it if you ask me.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Kagari said:
Amazon is wrong. The signage at my work says June 12.

http://kagari.zerox20.net/0520081719a.jpg[IMG]

Sorry for cell phone quality.[/QUOTE]
Holy crap actual signage! Yay!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
PistolGrip said:
Amazon is now collecting Tax if you live in NY state :( on anything that ships after June 2
Well that settles it. No reason for me not to get this at a brick and mortar now.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
so how is the PS2 trade in work if it's no pre-orders???????

I have a PS2 I'm not using. Only games I have is Smackdown 05 and Firepro R. I have a controller and memory card. Can I just buy a used controller then trade it in a minute later?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Kagari said:
Just to inform you guys too... GS/EB is running a deal where you trade in your PS2 and a extra controller and a memory card and get $80 toward a PS3 purchase. $80 is much more than what those things are worth normally.
Just curious is your GS having a midnight release? and will the bundle be available if so

soldat7

Syckx said:

What the crap is Sony's problem with PS2 backwards compatibility? If they limit this MGS4 bundle then they're only shooting themselves in the foot.

sykoex said:
Just curious is your GS having a midnight release? and will the bundle be available if so
i don't work there, but mine told me (i'm in the NJ/NY area) that yes, they're doing the midnight release and that they will have the bundle, but they're not taking pre-orders on said bundle.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
i don't work there, but mine told me (i'm in the NJ/NY area) that yes, they're doing the midnight release and that they will have the bundle, but they're not taking pre-orders on said bundle.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out the best option for finding this in the Manhattan area. If there's no midnight release in Manhattan I might just get it at Circuit City to avoid the gamer mob scene.

sykoex said:
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out the best option for finding this in the Manhattan area. If there's no midnight release in Manhattan I might just get it at Circuit City to avoid the gamer mob scene.
Well, the GS I spoke to is the one in Hoboken if you want to try your luck. But if there's one bundle left, we're going mano a mano, pal. :D

GeNoMe

Come on people...no Euro love?

I know we aint getting a limited edition package, a DS3 and a 80 GB version.

But.....oh wait -_-

Eat my shit SCEE!

Big Tunaaa said:

Yeah, I was talking about ebay, dude. Why would I have to "track" retail prices?? :lol

This deal is looking better and better.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
sykoex said:

Yes, it is, however we haven't been told yet if the bundle will go on sale at midnight as well. My guess is that it will.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to just preorder it from CC anyway with an extra 10 bucks for 2 days shipping, so I should only have to wait an extra day if I were to have "pressed my luck"

Top Bottom