• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
ps4.jpg

so hype!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I mean, buying on launch day is never The right thing to do™ but all of us are crazy so whatever. If you are going to get it before the first price drop why not get it at launch. I am getting it because I really miss how cool the early days of Xbox Live where on the 360 when it was a smaller group of dudes.
Exactly, since I know I'm buying eventually and definitely before any price cuts, I'm just saying screw it, I'll get it day one. My only concern is that having that thing sitting there will just make me buy games I never intended to.

Should work better since ps3 doesn't have wireless N. That's my hope at least....

I'm curious as to what the PS4 netflix interface will look like. I think everyone assumes it will be mostly like the PS3 UI but they like to change it up on a variety of devices. We may be in for a surprise or two.

Naudi

Banned
Got my call from gamestop a couple hours ago reminding me I got My pre order to pickup at midnight!! HYPE!

So hype! I work sun-thur so I'm of on Friday by default but I have to wait on my amazon shipment then I've got appointments I need to take care of in the afternoon. I'll be busy Saturday so I probably won't be able to really sit down and play until after work on Suday, but I don't care, I'm just so excited! I may spend my launch morning camping out Target for my B2G1 (if amazon doesn't match). I'm still undecided on to Knack or not to Knack

I wasn't too hyped.... But the excitement has finally hit me!

I still need to decide on which games to buy. I'm thinking I'll just grab the new Killzone Shadowfall to start...

I'm curious as to what the PS4 netflix interface will look like. I think everyone assumes it will be mostly like the PS3 UI but they like to change it up on a variety of devices. We may be in for a surprise or two.
I really hep they don't change it too much.

I love the Netflix ps3 interface. It's the best (besides Apple TV) of all my Netflix-enabled devices.

wizzbang

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511056

Best. Thread. Period.

1. 65" Panasonic s60 - check
2. PS4 vertical stand for ultimate sexiness - check
3. PS4eye - check
4. Killzone and Knack - check
5. PS+ - check
6. 1TB SSD HDD - check
7. PS4 fully paid off - check
8. Next Gen Arrived - 6 MOTHERFUCKING DAYS!!

Samsung Evo?
I heard the S60 has more lag than the S50, no idea if that shit is true.
I was considering the Evo but I opted out, fuckit, I can afford it, it's about $700 here but the thing is, I literally have a spare 256gb M4 just laying around. I'm gonna put that in for a year or two (I don't download much) and get an Evo 1TB (or ??) when they are sub $350

Valnen

So my PS3 just got the dreaded YLOD on me tonight. RIP last gen.

(I need to replace the thing because I still haven't beaten Demon's Souls. Damn...)

In North America, they're third party officially licensed ones.

Yeah I meant to post back about this. We received ours tonight on truck (Best Buy) and they are in fact the same Rocketfish branded ones I mentioned in a thread a few days ago but they're packaged in Sony branded boxing (the blue stuff). We got about 15-20 in.

As for PO'd consoles every store in my district received enough to cover pre-orders and a little extra. Our store specific has 70 consoles on hold and 30 to sell. Not including any drop shipments.

Got to hold mine tonight for a bit, I'm officially hyped!

Milennia

So do we have that official PSN I'd exchange thread with a chart etc yet?

Would be nice to have one that separates people by game etc. and lists them in a google doc.

(Sorry if answered on mobile and can't run through the thread while I'm out.

my spoils!

zDMVDLFl.jpg

i went ahead and got the Rocketfish stand, because i doubt there's going to be much difference from the official one. but i WILL hold out for the official charging dock because i've had bad experiences with third party docks in the past.

DS4 feels so good to be mine. think i'll go ahead and get the camera setup this weekend too. my tv is too high for me to put it on top, so it's a good thing this has a built-in stand.

delta25

Banned
I'm crossing my fingers that I get one at launch even through I waited till a month ago to pre-order, granted worst case scenario is me having to wait till the second launch in December.

Viruz

my spoils!

zDMVDLFl.jpg

i went ahead and got the Rocketfish stand, because i doubt there's going to be much difference from the official one. but i WILL hold out for the official charging dock because i've had bad experiences with third party docks in the past.

DS4 feels so good to be mine. think i'll go ahead and get the camera setup this weekend too. my tv is too high for me to put it on top, so it's a good thing this has a built-in stand.
No PS4?

CF22

Anybody know why there's only third party stands? I pre-ordered one from GS but apparently they're all third party, in my case Red Samurai, I want the official one.

Samsung Evo?
I heard the S60 has more lag than the S50, no idea if that shit is true.
I was considering the Evo but I opted out, fuckit, I can afford it, it's about $700 here but the thing is, I literally have a spare 256gb M4 just laying around. I'm gonna put that in for a year or two (I don't download much) and get an Evo 1TB (or ??) when they are sub $350

1TB SSD??

Whoa.

Haha oops i meant SSHD. Too hyped!

S60 is phenomenal. Great reviews across the board, best TV i ever owned.

Very exciting, going to be a dragging week :D Who is doing the One's launch thread? Nice job in any case Amir0x. Only request is that you might want to recrop/format the game titles section. They're all different sizes and it doesn't look as nice as the rest of the OT.

my spoils!

zDMVDLFl.jpg

does the stand have a stupid rocketfish logo on it? >_>

I love how colorful and diverse that selection of games is. And most of all, so many of them appeal to me. It's pretty much the opposite of the sparse dreariness of the beginning of last gen.

yup, the indie rise is very nice for gaming :)

gPwtJtw.png

Is this a real thing? I loved the first game but I have to be the only one.

I keep debating if i should get Knack or not- when should we expect reviews?

its been confirmed afaik on a couple sites.

Ah, the smell of next gen... It's really amazing that it is so close. Never been this hyped before and i'm 31 so this is not my first time, since i'm gaming from 5 years old until now.

Endless possibilities and no, it's not hyperbole, truly the return of the king. It's a shame i'll only get mine in december, if i'm lucky and there are enough units in the United Sates.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm going to be posting a ton of screens and video on my Twitter account come launch day. Looking forward to finally being able to do that.

My launch line up is looking pretty slick as well:
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
Knack (if I can get a B2G1 deal)
Resogun
Contrast
Warframe
Blacklight Retribution
Sound Shapes
Flower
Flow

Also snagged a 1TB SSHD for it. I am good to go.

Top Bottom