• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

O.D.B

Neo Member
icY9zTWiLK5kU.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSS!

AdamMPSP

Oh man. This time next week I'll be PLAYING MY PS4. Or taking a break from playing my PS4 to read GAF, I guess.

Hey, so I have a question about the camera. Can you use it in conjunction with the video streaming at all? I'd love to be able to stream my gameplay along with picture-in-picture of me playing to twitch. Is this part of their streaming stuff? Are there any docs about this?

reKon

Banned

This is very relevant to me. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to set things up. A year or so from now I think I'm going to be buying an X51 Alienware Gaming PC to double as media center for me. Here, I will stream everything to my PS4, Nexus 7, and smartphone along with streaming from Chromecast. I'm considering swapping out the PS4 HD for an SDHD and I feel that 1 TB should be a good enough size. When I get my media/gaming PC, I'll likely throw a 2 GB in there and then that will be the main media center.

Anyways, this is a question for anyone who has experience with this:

What' would be the best way to transfer media from my current PS3 hard drive to a new hard drive?

Will I have to deal with any formatting issues? Or will I need to buy an external enclosure?

My plan is to replace the PS4 hard drive with an SSHD and then use the 500 GB from the PS4 hard drive to replace the one in my PS3.

Dunlop

Is there any resource to show what the camera is used for?

I can get one for like $30 but cannot find a reason to pull the trigger

joe2187

Banned
That was silly, unless you're broke.

If you didn't want it you could have at least picked it up and resold on eBay for profit. Or maybe tried it out first and actually enjoyed it more than you thought you would.

It's a combination of being broke and having bigger priorities. As well as not having any interest in any of the PS4 launch games.

I was considering the flipping but, even then I cant really afford to do that either.

I was thinking about the Xbone since it has games I really want to play, like KI and DR3. But It's price and requirement of kinect arent sitting well with me, since I play on a computer monitor and the kinect is kind of impractical.

It seems more logical to save money for a Wii-U bundle on black friday.

It will be waitin' for ya if you ever decide to take the plunge :^)

Oh I will definitely be picking up a PS4 later on down the line.

Codeblew

Great OP Amir0x. I was only a lurker in 2006 but I still remember your epic meltdown after $599.

Question: Does anybody know if the wifi has a 2.4 or 5.0 reciever?

Glassboy

Just a heads for anyone buying at costco: System, extra controller, year of playstation plus for $489.99. I dont know if we are receiving any by 11/15 though. Unlimited warranty on the system btw

Dunlop

Where would that be, pray tell? For that price, I might just get it out of curiosity.

it's just credits I have at a online store, it sells for regular price. I will most likely use it for another DS4 but I originally had planned to get the camera lol

Amazing OT Amir0x.

I won't be getting a PS4 at launch because there aren't any launch games that interest me and I really can't afford one right now anyway.

Looking forward to reading people's impressions on here next week. Console launches are always exciting.

it's just credits I have at a online store, it sells for regular price. I will most likely use it for another DS4 but I originally had planned to get the camera lol

Ah, got it. Makes more sense. If given the choice, I'd probably spring for the second controller instead, but I've got a fiance who I'll be able to play games on the regular with, so I know I'd get more use out of that than a camera.

silvon

I'm not getting a PS4 at launch because of my backlog, but I can still feel the hype! Can't wait to read all the impressions on the 15th.

v1lla21

Great OT :D

I recently got my hours at work changed and my plans for launch were ruined :/ Instead of picking up the PS4 after 10am (time I used to get out on Friday), I now have to wait until after 6:30pm. I won't get to play a lot of KZ nor Resogun since I got a soccer match at 10pm and then I work the next morning :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Great OP Amir0x. I was only a lurker in 2006 but I still remember your epic meltdown after $599.
I've been a member since 2006 too! But I don't remember the meltdown. Anyone have a link? It'd be good for laughs.

Sorry if this has been answered and I didn't notice, but is there gonna be a PSN app for iOS? Being able to add friends through my phone would be great. Thanks

Foxix Von

My body is ready.

Got a controller, knack, killzone and hopefully I'll be picking up NFS on the 14th. This gonna be gud.

Codeblew

I've been a member since 2006 too! But I don't remember the meltdown. Anyone have a link? It'd be good for laughs.

My memory is not so good. I was actually thinking about the FFXIII thread. This post has links to some of it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35516310&postcount=24

Edit: completely offtopic but I ran across my all-time favorite thread when I was digging up the previous link. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4573371&postcount=53

The fun starts after Bish's post.

Great OT Amir0x!

Really hyped for the system but 3 weeks away still for me :(

I'll just watch you guys go wild in the meantime I suppose.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
My PS4 launch is going to start with:

A PS4
A PS4 camera
Knack
Killzone: Shadowfall
PS Plus

I'm not really sure about the camera, but I feel like it will compliment the system somewhat.

VanWinkle

Guys.

Do you realize that, AT LAUNCH, ALMOST ALL OF US will have access to:

The Playroom
Blacklight:Retribution
Warframe
Resogun, and
Contrast

WITHOUT PAYING AN EXTRA CENT?! There is so much I need to download.

Top Bottom