• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
icY9zTWiLK5kU.gif

Checking in! Knack and Killzone will be my launch titles I think. I bought AC4 on PS3 DD so that $10 to get the next gen version is nice as well. I'm more excited for the indie games than anything else. I wasn't too excited for the new systems as my PC is a pretty big monster, but being able to take my PS4 with me when my wife and I move here in 6 mos. is gonna be a godsend.

Ramma2

My Stuff:

Already Purchased:
  • Vita
  • 15 Months PS+
  • DualShock 4

Free Thanks to Taco Bell:
  • PS4
  • 12 Months PS+
  • Knack

Preordered:
  • Battlefield 4 via Amazon
  • Need for Speed: Rivals via GameStop

Excitement is at an all time high.

I'm very interested in what the user interface/friends, parties etc. is like. Does anybody know in detail yet? Wasn't really a fan of how isolated I felt on the PS3 from other people. If it's at least as good as the 360's then that would be good. Including a headset in the box from day 1 is a good sign though and it was a very good decision as the 360 proved.

I'm conflicted, and don't have much time to either cancel my pre-order or go all in. I'm definitely stoked for the 'next gen' though...Just wish there was that "gotta have it day one" game for me.

logo free! :)

O_34b4e8_1066250.gif

probably gonna buy it then :p

I'm going to be posting a ton of screens and video on my Twitter account come launch day. Looking forward to finally being able to do that.

My launch line up is looking pretty slick as well:
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
Knack (if I can get a B2G1 deal)
Resogun
Contrast
Warframe
Blacklight Retribution
Sound Shapes
Flower
Flow

Also snagged a 1TB SSHD for it. I am good to go.

where did you buy the hard drive from?

Spazznid

Anybody feel like making a list of shit to watch to build hype/ kill time till release? Like a comprehensive list of all PR, Trailers, Dev Diaries, ETC.

Fuck it all.

I lost my job ~5 weeks ago. I'm tapped out and they are still dicking around with my unemployment. Unless it comes in before Wednesday I have to cancel my preorder that would show up on Friday.

I've already got a DS4 and my PS+ subscription code, just trying to decide if I should wait for PS4 to be released to create my new account (not using my existing PSN membership for PS4) or if I should create it on my PS3, so I can pre-order Warframe and get that awesome starter pack. What you think, NeoGAF?

This is what I'm going to get for launch:

Dualshock 4 (already own)
Dualshock 4 charging dock (just ordered)
Killzone (already own)
Knack (paid off)
AC IV (B2G1)
Battlefield 4 (B2G1)
Fifa 14 (B2G1)
Vertical stand

Laying it out like this get's me even more excited

Elginer

Posting in a legendary thread. So excited! Already picked up my PS4Eye, Killzone and CoD Ghosts. Plan to pick up Injustice and Ass Creed Black Flag to round out the day one madness.
Hope we get a vid next week with a look at the UI. It's bout time Sony!
Just give me the bloody thing already!!!!
2zm1sV3.gif

Krakn3Dfx

Fuck it all.

I lost my job ~5 weeks ago. I'm tapped out and they are still dicking around with my unemployment. Unless it comes in before Wednesday I have to cancel my preorder that would show up on Friday.

Flip it for some extra $$$ if you need to, economy sucks, no one is going to blame you for trying to make some extra cash when you're down.

ClearData

I'm not an expert but from what I've read you get the nice speed boost to boot-up and read/write times and the longevity of a more conventional hard drive (because SSDs where down over a period of time). So having a platter based drive eliminates that weakness and costs less per GB than an SSD.

In comparison I was looking at a 500GB Samsung SSD for $300, but instead went with a 1 TB Seagate SSHD for $120. The price/performance is something I am happy with even if I am not getting as great of speeds. I hope that helps and I didn't get too many things wrong.

It's a first party product in Europe. In NA, they've licensed the design away to a third party and they won't be offering one themselves.

lol

Ah, thanks, for some reason I thought we were getting a first party one eventually though not day one, but if that's not even confirmed and the third party ones are really the same I guess I'll get one of them.

Well....it was with much thought I cancelled my PS4 pre-order on Amazon.

That was silly, unless you're broke.

If you didn't want it you could have at least picked it up and resold on eBay for profit. Or maybe tried it out first and actually enjoyed it more than you thought you would.

Top Bottom