• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Mystery

The 30-day Playstation Plus code I got in my system doesn't work. I used the 7-day one from KZ:SF first, and when I go into the store, and enter the 30-day one, it says the code is invalid. The $10 code works, though. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, I ordered the KZ/PS+ bundle from Amazon. When do I get my year-long subscription code for Playstation Plus?

Are you sure it's HDMI though? I think just because Kotaku had it, it's become the scapegoat, but having no video output could be a great number of things.

Sucks you got a defect though. If I were you I'd start the return process ASAP.

It seems there is something wrong with some HDMI ports, the post above shows that. There is more than likely an additional problem with video/etc that is happening at the software level though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to get a little nervous now since we're approaching 3pm and UPS hasn't come yet. I don't usually get UPS deliveries past 4...
It's a huge product launch. I wouldn't worry too much... until like 5pm, haha.

Called up Amazon. They told me they will only give me a refund since they're out of stock. I am beyond pissed right now, Sony. Do you hear me!

This is the one thing that really sucks about buying a high demand item on launch day. I think everyone that unboxes their ps4 and sets it up has anxiety about it working. Mine works and I still have anxiety! Wish you the best.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Umm, is there an official broke ps4 thread?

just tired mine. doesn't work. this is becoming a problem.

I just get a pulsating blue light, it wont turn white?

sono

Gold Member
Can someone with a PS4 let me know does the browser have flash now, I dont see it mentioned in the op, thanks

anddo0

NBA2K14 owners- any sound issues?

After about a half hour of play the sound begins to crackle, and then becomes completely distorted, until I switch from Dobly to DTS and vice versa,

What if you call Sony? The console itself has warranty, I'm sure they'd sent you a replacement.

I'm sure they will. It will take 1-2 days for the box to arrive, another couple days to process the return, and then he might be stuck waiting a while to get a replacement.

I would get the refund form Amazon and just go elsewhere.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's now working after successfully installing 1.5 from USB. Phew!

Good to hear.

Man, I'm really sorry for all of you that got doorstops. That really stinks. So if I understand correctly the primary issue those with non working PS4's have is due to screw ups with the HDMI port?

gossi

VinZuku

My PS4 HDMI port looks EXACTLY like that messed up one with that metal piece on the bottom. So the million dollar question is how, for the love of all things sacred, do I fix this!?!?!?! Can I sand it down or something? Seriously, anything at all would be helpful because I'm about to chuck this thing out a 10th sotry window.

Are you sure it's HDMI though? I think just because Kotaku had it, it's become the scapegoat, but having no video output could be a great number of things.

Sucks you got a defect though. If I were you I'd start the return process ASAP.

I'M POSITIVE. My first boot it didn't work, I turned off the system, unplugged and replugged the HDMI cable and then booted again. It worked the second time..I got the PS Logo and soon after a screen prompting me to connect my DS4 via USB...As I was getting my USB cable ready the screen with black and the console light turned white. I then turned off the system and ever since then I'm unable to get to to display an image...I'm fucking furious because who knows how long it'll take sony to repair or send me another system..Could be weeks...Could be months....

Really can't figure out why so many people are having to use the USB through Safe Mode to update. Is Sony actually expecting people to be willing to go through all those steps to get the update?

Everyone likes to comment on the mom buying presents for Jimmy on Black Friday, and if this is commonplace on X-mas there will be a fire storm.

Vizzeh

Banned
Your port looks completely different than the one I posted by professor_t.

Again, your port:

His port:

Those ports look completely different. Do you see the small piece of metal that is sticking up from the bottom of your port, directly in the middle?

Is that little bit of metal preventing the HDMI from fully entering the port?

What if you call Sony? The console itself has warranty, I'm sure they'd sent you a replacement.

I'm still on with Amazon, who is attempting to start up a conference call with Sony (I don't know why). I'm sure they will, but I'm sure I'm going to be stuck waiting a while. We'll see.

inner-G

Banned
Returned my RLoD PS4 to Best Buy for a refund since they were out of units.

I sat in the cold for 6 hours for fucking nothing.

Fuck.

Mine looks EXACTLY like the top port. So the million dollar question is how, for the love of all things sacred, do I fix this!?!?!?! Can I sand it down or something? Seriously, anything at all would be helpful because I'm about to chuck this thing out a 10th sotry window.

Well, supposedly Sony said they just bent the bent piece of metal back. Whether or not you do this is up to you.

IF this happens to me, I will try and fix it while the refund/return is processed with Amazon.

I'm still on with Amazon, who is attempting to start up a conference call with Sony (I don't know why). I'm sure they will, but I'm sure I'm going to be stuck waiting a while. We'll see.

Do not let them rope you into dealing with Warranty service with Sony, if they try that. It is defective merchandise, Amazon gets to eat it and deal with it.

Have you contacted Sony support or something?

Get a replacement. If my PS4 was even slightly faulty, I'd want one that is 100% working out of the box without any tinkering.

*Sigh* I'm gonna contact them soon...I shouldn't even fucking have to....I just knew my PS4 would be a defective unit *sigh* My fucking luck.

I'm sure they will. It will take 1-2 days for the box to arrive, another couple days to process the return, and then he might be stuck waiting a while to get a replacement.

I would get the refund form Amazon and just go elsewhere.

Guys who won a Taco Bell PS4 mentioned 3 week turn around I think. Remember, stock is low.

Top Bottom