• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

dEvAnGeL

Only problem I had was the first time logging in, it took some time, about 10 minutes, was very slow but after that it has been smooth as hell, digital downloads are really fast, stand by mode is great, I went out to eat, I was out about 40 minutes and left downloading DCU online, contrast, resogun, trine 2 demo an warframe, when I came back everything was downloaded and installed, very impressed so far

Dont know where else to post this (dont think theres a nba 2k14 thread), but is anyone else having trouble getting online with NBA 2K14? Im guessing the 2K servers might be down. Also can't get in Blacklight. LAUNCH.

Vizzeh

Banned
Well, it was a massive box, but 2/3 of it was the air pocket stuff.

So I should expect shipment to the UK on the for the 19th to be well packaged for Air transport? (how long is a piece of string - I know, but any reassurance is appreciated)

Requoting myself to see if this is normal or not. Does anyone else notice the system audibly clicks when its given power? Clicks louder than the PS3. Or is my power supply wonky?

The ps4 click is almost exactly like my sony home theatre receiver (awesome by the way), turning on or off. Totally normal.

Odd that your ps3 clicks? My slim doesn't.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like retro shooters and the fact it's the best game is a huge indictment on the launch lineup IMO
Well if you don't like the genre, then yeah. You think NBA2K14 is worth keeping, but I have zero interest in sports games. If you were to say it's the best launch game, I wouldn't say that's disappointing, I'd just chalk it up to different tastes. I guess your wording / reasoning just seems weird to me.

lucius

So i started download AC4. I got a notification that it was ready to install. I click it and now it says installing application with the loading circle next to it. Is that normal? Should i see a progress bar or something?

I am on the same exact screen now, for that game wonder if I should just cancel out with back button

Edit: saw answer, backed out will play Resogun instead

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I got an email from Amazon: "You saved $0.03 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!"

AMAZING

Me either, it's kind of slow at times.

Has been fast for me. Then again, a few seconds wait here and there never bother me.

Edit: saw your other post, very strange that it chugged on you (that came out weird). Haven't experienced that yet. Though there is probably a lot going on day one in the background with PSN maintenance and downloads and such.

What does bother me is how unconfortable the earpiece is. Any suggestions? I have headphones with a mic built in (came with my HTC one), would those work? If not what other options are out there?

Amazon.

Why am I not surprised that you do not have the mysterious bent pin and/or metal piece. Can you post a picture of the HDMI port please. Not doubting you, I'm doubting Sony. I find it to be rather hard to believe that a bent HDMI pin and/or metal piece in the HDMI port would make it past QA. Does your HDMI cable plug all the way in?

sQyGRzH.png

Thats mine, and yes it goes in all the way...It booted up once with video and then after that nothing..

Joeki11a

Banned
So wait I have to use my real name???

can i switch the real name that shows up

to anything I want?, I dont use facebook only

Twitter

Mononoke

Banned
I was on Killzone and for some reason it was chugging heavy

Damn. That sucks. I haven't played any games yet, just been installing and updating like a mad men. I'll report back once I start playing.

Hopefully with future updates, the UI stuff can be sorted out then. =/ But I personally love the design and function (when it is working).

Man doing everything is so smooth, the application switching, the downloads. I can't believe there isn't a way to quickly see the info on the trophy you just received though. that is a no brainer.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well boys and girls send those friend invites lol

Played Resogun on my 65" Panny Plasma, SO FUCKING GORGEOUS!

Just trucking through DL'ing BF4 and Ghosts at the moment, getting at least 7MB/sec
FUCKING CRAZY how fast I started DL'ing shit
(Wifi was @ <1MB, wired was a whole new DL world)

Did anyone get to stack their free 1 month PS+ code onto their sub, I keep getting the invalid option =/
Don't tell me I can't stack 1 month or the 7 day trials ; ;

BFIB

Ok, so this is why Amazon is awesome.

Just got my PS4, opened the Amazon box. In the box is my PS4....and a copy of BF4 that I did not order. Loaded up Amazon's chat service to let them know that I received the game in error. They responded back and said that if it was sent in error, then that is on them.

So yeah, free BF4!

graywolf323

So wait I have to use my real name???

can i switch the real name that shows up

to anything I want?, I dont use facebook only

Twitter

you don't have to connect to Facebook and you can just put in a fake name

I honestly don't mind so I went ahead and connected and used my real name and everything

sQyGRzH.png

Thats mine, and yes it goes in all the way...It booted up once with video and then after that nothing..

Ok. Now yours does look like it has a piece of metal in it, zero doubt. That is a different HDMI port completely. Compare your port to this one posted by another GAF user, professor_t.

professor_t said:

You notice the difference on the bottom of the port in the direct middle?

Tohsaka

So, is there not a download list like there is on PS3? I entered my AC4 DLC codes via the web, but there's seemingly no way to actually download them when I go into the PS4's store. I tried adding them to the download queue via the web, but it's not downloading them and I can't find where DLC is stored in the system's menus.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
sQyGRzH.png

Well you got farther than I did at least. I never even got video to show up on mine.

Also now that I looked at my port yours does look different. Mine does not have that metal piece on the bottom in the middle.

Top Bottom