• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Marvel

could never
Almost 3 weeks in Spain. I don´t know if I´ll be able to take it.

F7no5.gif

Perfection.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Almost 3 weeks in Spain. I don´t know if I´ll be able to take it.

F7no5.gif

This is complete fallacy. The WWE and myself stand strongly behind the pillars of what make America great. America would not be where it is today with Microsoft, which is why we have decided to formally back Microsoft's new product, the Xbox One. We will be holding a Kid Rock concert later to celebrate up and coming technology like the Xbox One.

I hereby request this fallacious gif to be removed.

Brawl96

I have a 46in HDTV in my basement with my Xbox and Wii. Then I have a 24in Sony 3D display on my small desk with my ps3 in my room. I thinking about keeping my PS stuff in my room, but have very little room. Do you guys think it would be smart to stack the ps3(slim) on top of the PS4 on my desk?

So guys, I don't have a preorder. All futureshop stores in Canada are guaranteed at least 25 non-preordered units in stock on the 15th.

For a city my size (Saskatoon, 250k people) when do you guys think I should line up? They open at 8:00, would 6:00 be good? 5:00? Earlier?

beanman25

So, my launch titles are NBA, Fifa, and Kill Zone. I just got the Amazon code for a free game, and am considering Knack so I have a wide variety of genre. Wise?

calder

Picked up Killzone:SF today at Gamestop (only title they had I want) and I got to try the PS4 demo kiosk. I opened Shadow Fall but have thusfar resisted the futile urge to put it in my PS3.

I *loved* the feel of the controller. My god, it felt good. Knack looked ok, just not a game I'm at all interested in but sure was crisp. I played a bit of Contrast and really enjoyed the look and style of it, and it looks like the kind of exploration based platforming I like. Very much looking forward to it and Resogun.

I'm not sure why, but I'm eager to get my launch games before the midnight launch at Best Buy, it just seems like it might save me some time when I'm picking up my console. I'll go out Tuesday and see if I can get AC4 and BF4 anywhere.

calder

So guys, I don't have a preorder. All futureshop stores in Canada are guaranteed at least 25 non-preordered units in stock on the 15th.

For a city my size (Saskatoon, 250k people) when do you guys think I should line up? They open at 8:00, would 6:00 be good? 5:00? Earlier?

Honestly to be sure you need to go a couple of hours early and at least see how many people are already in line. You may luck out and not see anyone at 7:30, or there may be a few dozen people there already at 6:00 am.

I'd actually check other places first - Toys R Us gets a surprisingly large number of consoles but people rarely think of it. I bet in a lot of cities on launch morning you can go to Toys R Us or Walmart and walk out with a PS4 if you're lucky and willing to call or drive around looking. I actually still have a reservation at TRU here in Winnipeg that I don't need anymore, I'll have to either find someone who wants a console or else cancel my reservation before Friday so someone else gets it.

Similar sized city here, gamestop is starting at 6PM on Thursday.
said they already know 2 people are going to be there at 11AM Thursday morning.

KZ shipping 'now' on Amazon!! itshappening.gif

hopefully Amazon receives and processes my trade-ins i sent them wednesday before they ship the PS4. it should process and ship either wednesday or thursday. probably not going to make it in time. :(

jaaz

Just picked up my first accessory for the PS4 at Best Buy. A carrying case from Rocketfish, as I will be lugging mine around between different homes. Includes a pocket for the Vita. here are some pics:

70d7c378-7397-4957-a32c-15b8f1cdaa2b.jpg

30c9427a-cead-473f-a1d3-1893f9f6d22d.jpg

2ce6cce7-f65f-4321-95bc-d6d54eb47a52.jpg

Came with 2 DS4 condoms and a micro-USB charger, always handy:

d00dea08-c588-4e09-a3fe-7a435a7756f5.jpg

d07f954c-08c0-4b8c-8e1c-ab5995a06072.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Just picked up my first accessory for the PS4 at Best Buy. A carrying case from Rocketfish, as I will be lugging mine around between different homes. Includes a pocket for the Vita. here are some pics:

Came with 2 DS4 condoms and a micro-USB charger, always handy.

Intriguing. How much?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Saw a PS4 kiosk, didn't want to play anything on it (wanna save that experience for when I have it) but I did boot up Pinball Arcade. Looked great.

DBT85

This is complete fallacy. The WWE and myself stand strongly behind the pillars of what make America great. America would not be where it is today with Microsoft, which is why we have decided to formally back Microsoft's new product, the Xbox One. We will be holding a Kid Rock concert later to celebrate up and coming technology like the Xbox One.

I hereby request this fallacious gif to be removed.

Vince McMahon
(Today, 07:44 PM)
image.php

Perfect lol.

bonesquad

Crap. I completely forgot I preordered a PS4 through GameStop. Now they won't/can't cancel it anymore. Sigh. That's what I get for preordering on a whim as a backup. I'm out $20 for shipping and a trip to GS to return it. Yuck.

Crap. I completely forgot I preordered a PS4 through GameStop. Now they won't/can't cancel it anymore. Sigh. That's what I get for preordering on a whim as a backup. I'm out $20 for shipping and a trip to GS to return it. Yuck.

Y won't they cancel it? Not like they shipped it already. Call CS

DBT85

Francis just got his PS4. :D

http://youtu.be/FVzdPh3utcg

You can kind of see the boot. Looks like a big PS logo like it showed in the 4theplayers nostalgia ad.

Ha nice. I'm assuming that was a gift from someone at Sony rather than him getting one shipped early. Hoping he does a serious one about the console too.

Ah, he was only allowed to use it for 2 hours apparently. Has to wait like the rest of us.

All my pre-orders are in. Thanks to Based Amazon dropping the B1G1 bomb, I'll be able to completely avoid the store rush.

Next-Gen is so close, and I am ready.

Yazuka

Francis just got his PS4. :D

You can kind of see the boot. Looks like a big PS logo like it showed in the 4theplayers nostalgia ad.

Great and all that he got a PS4, but I can't personally stand people with that kind of personallity. Even if he is just playing a role.....

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I got my hands on the controller finally, and got to play the Knack demo. I liked the form factor, but I'm still not a fan of the stick layout. Triggers were real nice though. Hoping I can get battlefield, eventually adapt to it.

The Knack demo was disappointing though, and Fifa looked like Fifa. Man I should have played octodad.

DBT85

Who is he? and why does he have it already.

Francis is a character. He is a hyper gamer nerd fanboy who also has a speech impediment. Some of his videos are fucking hilarious. The guy also does serious videos as himself and he's just a hardcore gamer like anyone here. Truly surprisingly, people dismiss him, his videos or his opinion because he's overweight.

The PS4 seems to have been given to him by Sid Schuman, A guy at PlayStation behind the Social Media side.

Yazuka

Truly surprisingly, people dismiss him, his videos or his opinion because he's overweight.
Yeah, that's just dumb. But I had a hard time swallowing his character, can't really stand people who behaves like that.
But he or anyone else should never be dismissed because of their weight.

bonesquad

Y won't they cancel it? Not like they shipped it already. Call CS

I did. I was told it was already "boxed" and they could no longer change/cancel shipping. Maybe I can find someone who wants it, but everyone I know already has one preordered. Oh well. Not a huge deal, except for the going into a Gamestop part:)

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
will there be any demos on psn on day1?

are demos of arcade games required this time?

DBT85

Yeah, that's just dumb. But I had a hard time swallowing his character, can't really stand people who behaves like that.
But he or anyone else should never be dismissed because of their weight.

Yeah a lot of people don't like the character because they think he really IS like that. But it's just a parody. Many seem to ejoy it more when they realise he's nothing like that at all.

Some Gifs that I made from the video

francis-unboxing-a-ploba9f.gif

francis-unboxing-a-plbgbaq.gif

I just can't wait for this. I've never gotten a console at launch, nor have I gotten 5 games at one time. This is going to be the longest 5 days of all time for me.

Massa

Yeah a lot of people don't like the character because they think he really IS like that. But it's just a parody. Many seem to ejoy it more when they realise he's nothing like that at all.

Some Gifs that I made from the video

francis-unboxing-a-plbgbaq.gif

Should have said
"This is 720p"
instead of "gotta make room".

Top Bottom