• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Can someone post some really flashy GIFs of Infamous? I've been searching around various threads and can't find the ones I'm looking for. Trying to show a friend.

GQman2121

Banned
Just confirmed my credit cards on Amazon. Ready to roll. Now I just need the games!

iofYY86qFtDeu.gif

Chorazin

I have off Monday for Veteran's Day, work threw days, and then took off all day Friday to wait for Amazon. Gonna be a great week!

unwound

Neo Member
Friend got an email yesterday evening from his local Best Buy "Gaming Supervisor" telling him they'll be open at midnight with a separate preorder processing line. Nice.

Imagine what this launch feels like for younger gamers. I'm 34. I have seen a lot of launches. My life situation has been different during each launch. I've been different from who I am now.

Some of these kids got their first console last gen while in grade school. Now they are older and much more aware of gaming media. Last gen seemingly consumed all of their lives. This is the first launch where they are actively engaged. Mommy probably bought their last console for them. To them, this is rare and quite huge. They must be unbelievably hyped right now. Especially since social media was just emerging at the beginning of last gen. Even gaming media wasn't as widely read back then as it is now.

Ya no

How long after launch do you think it will be before I can walk into a store a pick one up? I was originally going to hold off for a while, but I changed my mind...

I traded in a bunch of stuff I never play to Gamestop for that 90% additional credit thing when you trade toward the PS4. I got $97 for like, 6 games and 2 4gb Vita memory cards. I put $92 on my PS4 and $5 on Lego Marvel. I didn't plan to get a launch title, but I guess I am now!

jester

Neo Member
I literally cannot make up my mind on my pre-order. There is not a game that really interests at launch. Very disappointed by the DriveClub delay and even more upset over the lack of a Ridge Racer. Also, after my PS3 breaking I feel silly buying launch hardware.

Yet I still feel that I that I have to get it this Friday or I will regret it.

Akira

Regarding CD playback, I have a feeling that the BD drive Sony chose is not spec'ed to be able to play CDs. Unlike DLNA, I don't think CD playback will be something Sony can add in with a firmware update. I hope I'm wrong though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I literally cannot make up my mind on my pre-order. There is not a game that really interests at launch. Very disappointed by the DriveClub delay and even more upset over the lack of a Ridge Racer. Also, after my PS3 breaking I feel silly buying launch hardware.

Yet I still feel that I that I have to get it this Friday or I will regret it.

Well the price is unlikely to drop for at least 6 months to a year. Are there any games you want to play in that span? Yes? Might as well get it at launch.

Hoo-doo

Banned
PS4 has no games. =(
What? I could pick one up with zero retail games and i'd still be entertained for a long time.

Resogun and Contrast free to download, Warframe, War Thunder and DCUO free to download and play, free upgrades for Flower and FlOw, 10$ upgrades for BF4, it's pretty damn nice.

Couple that with games like Killzone, Knack and all the available best-on-console third-party stuff, i'm probably good for a while.

I didn't pre-order a PS4 as I had no disposable income until a couple weeks ago. I'm not itching to get a unit on release day either, but would like one very soon, so what are my chances of being able to get one in the next few weeks just by walking into a store? It seems to me like Sony has a better unit flow this time around as they know there is demand.

TriGen

Went to GS and got my PS4 paid off today. Also picked up Killzone and the Camera. I'm still hoping I can get Knack, AC4, and LEGO Marvel from Target.

Top Bottom