• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
They're extra salty right now.

iHlseCY9NAyHS.gif

Dinjooh

Handkeyed - the only method in GIMP. I really need to get and learn how to use photoshop.

After effects after effects after effects. Track Motion is such a timesaver when doing this stuff.

Hand-keyed (And removed the background on every frame) in photoshop, took around 30-40minutes:

Track Motion, motion blur and colour corrected in After Effects, took around 5-10minutes:

Mahaaassive difference.

For my fellow EU homies:

t1385683200z0.png

Only 18 days left. We can do thiiiiiiiiiiiis

This is just torture.

DBT85

My dad switched over after I showed him some stuff. He's now on the PS3 and waiting like me for this week. My brother went a little overboard. Just a little overboard lol. It's a game console. I'd hate to see what would happen if we disagreed with religion or politics.

Sadly, he just had his first child. But I really don't know who the child is in this situation.

Oh we don't argue about consoles, just the cars we have, the phones we use etc.

So, this is where that review event is going to take place tomorrow

fullerdzjtp.jpg

Looks 'spicious.

I wish I could just call out from work this Thursday, go through some shenanigans to line up early and try to get the first customer spot in line as soon as possible and nab a PS4 without a preorder at the Sony Store in Madison Avenue, but that's just not gonna happen. That's what I get for being broke and irresponsible, I guess.

I hope for the best and most enjoyment for everybody getting their PS4s this weekend!

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Order the ps4 back in August at sony's website for €320 (with student discount). Shipping date: Between 30 and 31 december. Ouch.

Oh well. €80 discount for 30 days of waiting. I can deal with that :)

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Question: What prevents me from borrowing a PS3 copy of say Battlefield 4 and getting the PS4 version for $10?

Flek

Banned
holy shit i got a ps4 preordered for so long now and now my wife wants me to sell it instead of keeping it. She says "you already have a ps3" the fuck is this? Now iam in for some trouble when the ps4 lands at my door step. What would gaf do?

i also oredered 3 games with it

my wife wants a holiday instead, i also need a new computer this year
did i mention that iam kind of broke lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Looks photoshoped to me. Don't think that Sony calls the console "PS4" in its UI. There is also a weird shape in the upper right corner of the message.

The BG is like an SDTV PS3/360 shot as well. If you look at the console UI vs what's on the screen, it doesn't correlate unless the game and UI elements are 900p (as it looks like BF4). But the game doesn't really look that flattering judging from that crappy zoomed in capture.

Credibility is questioned here as well as intent.

Yuterald

What are my chances of finding/ordering a PS4 between launch and Christmas if I didn't pre-order one? I had a pre-order from Amazon, cancelled it (lol), but now I kind of want it again. I don't care about not being there day one, but I'd like to get one by year's end.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Handkeyed - the only method in GIMP. I really need to get and learn how to use photoshop.

Not sure if photoshop has that feature. After Effects has. Apple's Motion as well. But even then it can be time consuming if the pattern recognition fails on the footage.

/ot

DMB4237

Neo Member
can somebody translate that post?

a quick google translate made it sound like that error got fixed with an update

"[...] and would be installed newer versions of the demo with the bugs fixed, which makes both errors are a curiosity"

Two things happened: The PS4 said it was too hot, and then later it showed an error message that crashed the game. They think that the overheating was caused because it was in a stuffy area with little ventilation. The crash happened because they didn't have an updated build of battlefield 4.

mmitt

"flops per second", nice!

Two things happened: The PS4 said it was too hot, and then later it showed an error message that crashed the game. They think that the overheating was caused because it was in a stuffy area with little ventilation. The crash happened because they didn't have an updated build of battlefield 4.

oh I see, thanks.
then it was probably in one of those plastic cases, if the screen is real

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Not sure if photoshop has that feature. After Effects has. Apple's Motion as well. But even then it can be time consuming if the pattern recognition fails on the footage.

/ot

Thanks for the advice.

My KZ order didn't ship from Amazon yet, but I'm guessing it will Monday. I also need to call my local UPS customer center to see how early I could pick a package up if I had them hold it. The site says their operating hours are 4-6PM, so I'm not hopeful. I wonder if I can get them to send it to another center instead.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Starting tomorrow, we should start seeing some more info trickling in (I hope). Launch week for a new Playstation is not something that happens all the time so it should be an exciting week.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Anybody have much experience with Amazon preorders? Mine shows a delivery estimate of Nov. 15 by 8pm. How accurate can I expect this to be? Is Amazon usually good about shipping things so that they arrive on release day?
Most Amazon seems to be shipping by FedEx these days (very recent). So it's basically wherever your house is on your FedEx (or UPS) driver's route. My FedEx driver gets here around 2pm. My ups driver is around 4-5pm.

Top Bottom