• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
With the headphone jack on the DS4, how will we adjust volume? I play on a monitor without volume settings.

Wynnebeck

Banned
With sadness in my heart, I must relinquish my PS4 pre-order due to monetary issues. I tried justifying buying it, but it would be an extremely irresponsible purchase for me. So I'm going to extend the hand of friendship to a lucky gaffer. Since this is a console I pre-ordered back in July, you can be sure this is a Launch Day PS4, no more, no less. I got it on Amazon so I can go into the order and direct it towards your residence. Be warned however, that doing so WILL cause the PS4 to arrive past the launch date. However, if you are someone who missed out on the original orders, waiting a few days later isn't going to hurt. I'm taking the best offers from now until tomorrow evening to ensure the shipping address gets updated in time for you. Go!

Kerrinck

Probably been asked before but any word on stock issues?
Will have to cancel my amazon pre order since my flight to America got delayed till the 27th so just wondering what my odds are of grabbing one at a store.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
1402433_10153521966060604_1936721121_o.jpg

So READY

Makki

With sadness in my heart, I must relinquish my PS4 pre-order due to monetary issues. I tried justifying buying it, but it would be an extremely irresponsible purchase for me. So I'm going to extend the hand of friendship to a lucky gaffer. Since this is a console I pre-ordered back in July, you can be sure this is a Launch Day PS4, no more, no less. I got it on Amazon so I can go into the order and direct it towards your residence. Be warned however, that doing so WILL cause the PS4 to arrive past the launch date. However, if you are someone who missed out on the original orders, waiting a few days later isn't going to hurt. I'm taking the best offers from now until tomorrow evening to ensure the shipping address gets updated in time for you. Go!

What the hell?

Lunzio

Nope still seems to be determined. It was my free game from the b1g1 mailer. So while i would like to get it by Friday i'm not too worried.

Amazon did ship my copies of Battlefield and Black Flag today.

I talked to two reps today about the game. First time they told me that I would get it in December. Then the most recent one,as of an hour or so ago, said it would ship out next week.

Definitely getting Killzone and BF4. Can't decide between NBA 2K14 and Need for Speed as my 3rd game. Both are franchises that I haven't played in years so I am torn.

Thoughts?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not an Amazon order, but GameStop just texted me about it. Tomorrow, my other game texts should come.

I will have to talk to Amazon CS about this if I don't see a change by tomorrow.

KZ should be here tomorrow and BF4 should be here Thursday.

I might just cancel NFS and go for 2K here.

Zoator

Or maybe people's cards get charged on the 13th when they ship and I want to avoid that? Might want to get your facts straight before spouting shit bruh.

Judging by the sections he bolded in your quote, I think he's mostly calling you out on claiming that you "want to extend a hand of friendship," but are taking "best offers" (i.e. hunting for a profit). If you genuinely wanted to do someone a favor, then sell it to a gaffer at cost: first come, first serve.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I will have to talk to Amazon CS about this if I don't see a change by tomorrow.

I still don't have an estimated delivery for 2k14. I preordered it yesterday morning.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. Amazon is really good about getting you your stuff when it is needed. Maybe consider contacting a CS rep. They might be helpful. As long as it is in your hands by launch, that's what counts,.. Right?

Dubz

Just picked up KZSF and BF4 from my local Gamestop. Tomorrow I pick up AC4, and then I wait...and wait.........and wait. Amazon better not fuck me, and come at like 8:pM. I am so excited!

I downloaded the apk for the EU one. It's pretty snappy. Too bad it really can't do much, at least yet.

i think they probably will update that or remote and put out a new one.

but anyways. does anyone know if sony plans to increase the cloud storage again? we need more.

What's the general feelings on CoD, BF4 and KZ? I want a FPS but don't know which one performs the best. I've paid each series and don't really have a preference.

I could Google for reviews but I believe GAF!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. Amazon is really good about getting you your stuff when it is needed. Maybe consider contacting a CS rep. They might be helpful. As long as it is in your hands by launch, that's what counts,.. Right?

Exactly. It's getting close though so I hope to have all 3 games by Friday.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Judging by the sections he bolded in your quote, I think he's mostly calling you out on claiming that you "want to extend a hand of friendship," but are taking "best offers" (i.e. hunting for a profit). If you genuinely wanted to do someone a favor, then sell it to a gaffer at cost: first come, first serve.

Why is that a bad thing? Times are tough. I need money. I have a product that is highly desirable. Instead of canceling it outright and denying someone a pre-order, for cost plus a little extra, it can be yours. No need for the Moral Police to come in and try to shame me for wanting money.

Dubz

What's the general feelings on CoD, BF4 and KZ? I want a FPS but don't know which one performs the best. I've paid each series and don't really have a preference.

I could Google for reviews but I believe GAF!

If you want SP, then go Killzone, but if you want MP I would go with BF4. Both games will be graphically awesome, whereas COD looks pretty current gen.

spannicus

Why is that a bad thing? Times are tough. I need money. I have a product that is highly desirable. Instead of canceling it outright and denying someone a pre-order, for cost plus a little extra, it can be yours. No need for the Moral Police to come in and try to shame me for wanting money.

Put it on ebay just be careful. The most I've seen them go for is 6 something on there. If nobody wants it keep it. If you're in north jersey I know of a great part time job where I work. Thats how im paying mines off.

Top Bottom