• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Why is that a bad thing? Times are tough. I need money. I have a product that is highly desirable. Instead of canceling it outright and denying someone a pre-order, for cost plus a little extra, it can be yours. No need for the Moral Police to come in and try to shame me for wanting money.

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

Alright. I live in the Netherlands, we have no Best Buy and Future Shop over here.
I hope that I can buy that headset on November 29th, if not then I will have to import it.

I understand why you prefer a earbud because your're a headphone user. I also have a very good Sennheiser, the HD 558, but I usually game in 5.1 surround so I prefer the on-ear headset.

The headset you get with XBO also looks much better than the PS4 earbud. Ah well, you can't have everything for 399.

can you order from amazon.co.uk?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00G6HMUYK/

redhood56

Banned
Just picked up KZSF and BF4 from my local Gamestop. Tomorrow I pick up AC4, and then I wait...and wait.........and wait. Amazon better not fuck me, and come at like 8:pM. I am so excited!
Wait I thought BF4 comes out tomorrow! It doesn't matter, I was already picking up my Killzone and BF4 preorders tomorrow.

I planned to just get COD and AC4 at launch but thanks to the evil Amazon I also have BF4 and KZ now. =\ No idea what to do first, probably Ac4.

Brannon

So I hear the PS4 is pretty powerful. Based on x86 architecture. Probably can run an emulator like PCSX2 quite flawlessly.

This needs to happen. And it's never going to :(

Why is that a bad thing? Times are tough. I need money. I have a product that is highly desirable. Instead of canceling it outright and denying someone a pre-order, for cost plus a little extra, it can be yours. No need for the Moral Police to come in and try to shame me for wanting money.

This is not the thread to try and sell your PS4 for profit

Go to the Gaf Trade/Sell thread if you must

You have got to be kidding me..

viveks86

Wait, are the astro a40s really compatible?

Yes. I think they made an announcement as well.

Here's the confirmation on their forum by their mod.

Hi vanexel12,

I've been told that our ASTRO equipment will be fully compatible with the PS4 as long as you download System Update V1.50 on the day of release. You will not require anything else to make your equipment work other than the update.

- Mitchell
http://forums.astrogaming.com/showthread.php?43824-Will-Astro-A40-work-with-PS4-at-launch-after-1-50-day-1-update

DBT85

Remote Play impressions of BF4 and Need for Speed form IGN

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/11/ps4-remote-play-with-battlefield-4-need-for-speed-hands-on

In both demos, the PS4 system and PS Vita were paired over a local Wi-Fi network — in simpler terms: gameplay was being streamed over a wireless router from the PS4 to the PS Vita. Visually, both Need for Speed: Rivals and Battlefield 4 were displayed with surprisingly little compression. Though not quite as sharp as the gameplay on a nearby TV, the PS Vita's OLED display makes colors really pop. The rear touchpad was divided into a quadrant with L1, R1, L3, and R3 mapped to each corner. While it took some getting used to, the assignments were surprisingly effective and easy to reach.

The two titles drastically varied in terms of latency, however. On the one hand, Need for Speed: Rivals ran almost 1-to-1 with only the occasional stutter, whereas the lag was far more noticeable on Battlefield 4. Racing games, especially one so focused primarily on adversarial chases, require a fairly high level of responsiveness and there were one or two times when I noticed lag between a command and the on-screen action.

Shooters are even more dependent on low-latency precision, and Battlefield 4 definitely struggled with the natural delay between the PS4 and the PS Vita. Aim adjustments were identifiably slow and caused the aiming reticule to bounce around the screen. For the demo, I played a level of the singleplayer campaign, and even with the lag, it was still playable, but I can't imagine it would be as forgivable in a competitive multiplayer match.

Now, of course, there are a few very important things to note. For one, both demos took place over an event network, which in my experience, is pretty unstable due to congestion and interference from multiple simultaneous routers in close proximity. In a more realistic home environment and a stable Wi-Fi network, the experience could be drastically different.

Zoator

If you cancel your order, someone else who pre-ordered a non-launch edition PS4 will get it. I can assure you that Amazon will ship out all of their stock, and you won't be denying anyone anything.

With that being said, you have every right to sell it for a higher price if that's what you want. Just don't do it on GAF (eBay is generally used for these sorts of things), and don't pretend like you're doing anyone a favor, or "extending a hand of friendship." Just call it what it is: scalping.

Wynnebeck

Banned
This is not the thread to try and sell your PS4 for profit

Go to the Gaf Trade/Sell thread if you must

Already have.

If you cancel your order, someone else who pre-ordered a non-launch edition PS4 will get it. I can assure you that Amazon will ship out all of their stock, and you won't be denying anyone anything.

With that being said, you have every right to sell it for a higher price if that's what you want. Just don't do it on GAF (eBay is generally used for these sorts of things), and don't pretend like you're doing anyone a favor, or "extending a hand of friendship." Just call it what it is: scalping.

I am doing someone a favor, but this is not the place to have a discussion about it. If you wish to discuss it further, PM me. Otherwise, end of conversation and back on topic for the thread.

jd78

Neo Member

Selling for profit is not a "bad thing", but lets not call it "friendship". It stop being "friendship" once profit was involved. Let's call it what it is, business.

nib95

Banned
Traded in my Beyond Two Soul's copy earlier for £30 credit. I only paid £32 for it via a Tesco deal. Console gaming FTW. Going to put it towards Assassin's Creed IV (PS4).

coldfoot

Banned
My Target had both PS4 and Xbox One kiosks set up although the Xbox was powered off. I got to play Fifa on PS4. That 1080p is no joke. So hyped!

AllenShrz

Already have.

I am doing someone a favor, but this is not the place to have a discussion about it. If you wish to discuss it further, PM me. Otherwise, end of conversation and back on topic for the thread.

You are not doing anyone a favor scalper, you are the problem.

If times are tough for you and cant even afford a $400 item yet you are on a gaming forum, your priorities are out of order.

Pop

BF4 and my controller grips just shipped from Amazon, arriving tomorrow. That leaves me with Killzone, BF4, Knack, NBA2K14, COD, Warframe, Resogun + other ps+ titles. Grabbing some pizza Thursday, some Dew and my Ps4 at midnight.

My hype can't be contained right now.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
GameStop just texted me that NFS: Rivals will be ready for pick up Tues PM, AC: BF Tues AM, then a final text for BF4 Mon PM. Odd.

The store clerk had no answers about the Mon PM.

DoomGyver

They specifically said the voice/chat functions would work? or just audio?

Hmm you know I don't know? I assumed they were talking about full functionality. Let me see if I can find that post.

EDIT: here is the topic
I've been told that our ASTRO equipment will be fully compatible with the PS4 as long as you download System Update V1.50 on the day of release. You will not require anything else to make your equipment work other than the update.

- Mitchell

In both demos, the PS4 system and PS Vita were paired over a local Wi-Fi network — in simpler terms: gameplay was being streamed over a wireless router from the PS4 to the PS Vita. Visually, both Need for Speed: Rivals and Battlefield 4 were displayed with surprisingly little compression. Though not quite as sharp as the gameplay on a nearby TV, the PS Vita's OLED display makes colors really pop. The rear touchpad was divided into a quadrant with L1, R1, L3, and R3 mapped to each corner. While it took some getting used to, the assignments were surprisingly effective and easy to reach.

my god, its even better than I imagined o_O

my experience should be even better since I will be connecting directly to PS4 instead of router.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Shifted my game systems around in the entertainment center to make a spot for PS4.

Picked Ghosts up yesterday, and got the call for BF4 tomorrow. I'm sooooo ready for this!!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
GameStop just texted me that NFS: Rivals will be ready for pick up Tues PM, AC: BF Tues AM, then a final text for BF4 Mon PM. Odd.

The store clerk had no answers about the Mon PM.
Strange, I only got a text about Rivals. Not too concerned, it's a little exciting that I'll have all my retail games tomorrow.

OMFG

I busted my ass, finally sold some things I don't need and managed to get the extra 500 I needed for my Amazon order. I also finally got my security deposit back from where I just moved...it was a 400 bill (on top of the 400 deposit) I had my place professionally cleaned. Now I have to go bitch them out and try to get my money back.

I have been on a serious fucking losing streak since I lost my job.

Top Bottom