• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

DBT85

The writer fails to point out the difference in frame rate.
NFS works fine, is 30 fps. Battlefield feels laggy, is 60 fps.

Do we know at what frame rate the PS4 sends a video signal to the PSVITA? If it's 30 fps, then 60 fps games will feel a lot slower on the PSVITA.

Remote play encodes everything at 720p60 regardless of what framerate it actually runs at.

Famous Mortimer just said in another thread that a 1st and 3rd party pair of devs have said it's flawless on networks not flooded with other devices, similar to what IGN said should be the case.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
OMFG

I busted my ass, finally sold some things I don't need and managed to get the extra 500 I needed for my Amazon order. I also finally got my security deposit back from where I just moved...it was a 400 bill (on top of the 400 deposit) I had my place professionally cleaned. Now I have to go bitch them out and try to get my money back.

I have been on a serious fucking losing streak since I lost my job.
Congrats on getting your order brother. It's been a long time since we played resistance.

killzone:sf clan?

killzone:sf clan.

Congrats brother. It's been a long time since we played resistance.

killzone:sf clan?

killzone:sf clan.

Hey I have tomorrow to settle my issues and if I can I'll have the ps4 and KZ on Friday. If I do I'll be right there with you.
I basically have blown my savings on bills and expenses since I was layed off. I've been waiting all this time for the damn unemployment insurance to kick in. If they have get it done I'll have a huge wad of money to cover my ass :p

Jagxyz

This may sound stupid, but is anyone else excited about getting their first PS4 trophy on day one? I mean, I don't give a shit about trophies normally, but yeah. I dunno.

TyrantII

Remote play encodes everything at 720p60 regardless of what framerate it actually runs at.

Famous Mortimer just said in another thread that a 1st and 3rd party pair of devs have said it's flawless on networks not flooded with other devices, similar to what IGN said should be the case.

Got a link to that info? Been looking everywhere for this info, but haven't found a source.

Am I better off buying a HDD next year?

I want at least 1TB and 7400 rpms. Whatever I end up getting, I want speed improvement over the stock drive. I don't want to trade off speed for drive size.

Kaiken

Banned
Camera, controller and Killzone at home patiently waiting for daddy. My first day one counsel. I remember saving my 8th grade gratuation money to buy the PS1. Not as hyped but certainly cant wait for greatness. I believe Sonys systems greatly matured as I did in life.

Going to post here, but GameStop actually got copies of BF4 this afternoon, and since GameStop only holds pre orders for 48 hours, you'll have to pick up by Wednesday at close.

drproton

This may sound stupid, but is anyone else excited about getting their first PS4 trophy on day one? I mean, I don't give a shit about trophies normally, but yeah. I dunno.

I'm pretty dismissive about trophies/achievements in general, but if anything gets me to pay more attention to them it will be the new rarity metric.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Hey I have tomorrow to settle my issues and if I can I'll have the ps4 and KZ on Friday. If I do I'll be right there with you.
I basically have blown my savings on bills and expenses since I was layed off. I've been waiting all this time for the damn unemployment insurance to kick in. If they have get it done I'll have a huge wad of money to cover my ass :p

Best of luck to you then. Losing a job is never fun, but I'm sure you'll bounce back.

I'll pm you on friday if all goes well. ;)

Best of luck to you then. Losing a job is never fun, but I'm sure you'll bounce back.

I'll pm you on friday if all goes well. ;)

Hell yeah, let me know.
I have the option of using my BB card instead and getting in line for one but FFS I would love to not have to do that. I don't know how many non preorders BB will have and I'm estimating 12 hours in line (noon onward) to make sure I get one.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but...are there any screenshots or video of the PS Store interface? I looked. There is nothing, anywhere. I was wondering if I missed something.

Jigolo

I don't know if this has been mentioned but...are there any screenshots or video of the PS Store interface? I looked. There is nothing, anywhere. I was wondering if I missed something.
No but engadget said it's vastly improved in terms of navigation.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/11/playstation-4-details/

A single left rail allows players to easily select between major categories on the PS4 Store's game section: featured titles (read: big games), indies, free to play, and even PS3 to PS4. That last category is specifically intended to facilitate the deal that Sony's offering on gamers transitioning this holiday's big games from last generation to the next for $10 apiece. We didn't see the whole store in action, but what was there was vastly improved in terms of navigation.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Hell yeah, let me know.
I have the option of using my BB card instead and getting in line for one but FFS I would love to not have to do that. I don't know how many non preorders BB will have and I'm estimating 12 hours in line (noon onward) to make sure I get one.

Sounds like a cluster fuck. Go with amazon if you can.

I'll have my ps4 by thursday afternoon if all goes well. I still have a few friends at my local UPS hub, where I used to work. I just need to figure out how to get the games I want, especially killzone. :/

Shouldn't it be 48 hours from release date?

See that's what I thought, but GameStop called me this morning to tell me I can pick up BF4 this afternoon, so as I understand it, they're counting today as release date. Either way I'm getting mine tomorrow to be save.

DBT85

Got a link to that info? Been looking everywhere for this info, but haven't found a source.

Not off the top of my head and I'm now in bed lol. Check out the Remote Play thread. Might be a source in there. But I distinctly remember it.
Does that mean not all games support remote play at launch? I thought even the "digital" games would support this feature?

I don't know how you got to this conclusion.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I know it's policy for GS to only hold for 48 hrs., but you would hope they'd hold games until the 16th at least. The store I preordered in days they will do that.

Excitement will make me go to the store tomorrow after work.

Have you seen this pack at Walmart? Someone was asking about a media controller.
Dreamgear PlayStation 4 Players Pack Starter Kit (PS4)

Dreamgear PlayStation 4 Players Pack Starter Kit (PS4)
Includes remote, play and charge cable and headset
10' play and charge cable
Media remote

The PS4 Player's Pack includes a remote, play and charge cable and a broadcaster headset. The remote can be used for media programs such as Netflix, Hulu Plus and also for media controls while playing a Blu-ray or DVD disc. The play and charge cable is 10 feet long to allow you to charge your DualShock 4 controller and play simultaneously. The broadcaster headset includes 15 feet of cable and features volume and mute controls and connects directly to your DualShock 4 controller.

No idea when Blacklight is out. But it took them a day. A day.

Oh, I understand it's not that difficult of a feature to implement but that's not what I was talking about. I just found it strange a game that is launching with the PS4 and didn't have remote play already tested.

Respawn

Banned
Here's Blacklight running on PS Vita remote play:

Rs1GNDR.jpg

They got it working in a day.

https://twitter.com/Gerritzen/status/400060212885094400

Woah that one day ease of development

Top Bottom