• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 & Xbox One: August 2015 games

gtj1092

Already preordered everyone's fine to rapture and that will be my last game till October and my Japanese localization love fest. ToZ, D5 and DQH and maybe P5
A man can dream right?

Son Of D

Nothing for me this month. I'll work on my backlog during August, hopefully can clear at least two games.

Why is there less games in the summer?

People spending summer money on holidays. Plus people going outdoors a lot means less game time.

Would like Gears but I do have a slight backlog for the first time this year which is a bit of concern considering what's out in Q4.

I'll see how I do in the next few weeks and I'll potentially pick it up last minute.

bebop242

No for sures, but possibly Rapture and Goat simulator. Which is fine by me. I'll be spending enough in the near future anyway.

Hmmm.....maybe Rare Replay or Gears. August and September just aren't doing it for me. Think I'm going to save my money for the fall.

Definitely getting Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Volume and Until Dawn on day one.

I want Galak-Z too but with those three games and MGSV and Danganronpa AE in September, I think I'm going to wait until my backlog clears up a bit.

Submerged and Gauntlet look kinda interesting too, might check those out at some point.

A.J.

Banned
Rapture, Galak-Z, Until Dawn, Pirate Warriors 3, and Rare Replay. Possibly Volume too. Thinking about Gears but I might just wait for a sale

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Until Dawn and Madden NFL 16 for me personally. A week later is going to be busy too. :)

Already pre-ordered Rapture on PSN store, that plus Journey gives a 10% coupon on PSN at the end of August.

Pre-ordered Rare Replay and Gears of War Ultimate from microsoftstore.com, they are running a great deal where you get $10 xbl credit with every preorder and possibly I'll get instead $15 with xbox live rewards program (kinda fuzzy on it, never done it before).

I wasn't that impressed with Until Dawn at PSX, got a 1886 vibe in terms of play value and game length. definitely going to wait until reviews are out and probably wait till a price drop to $20-30.

Sept is all about Mad Max, MGS, Mighty 9, and Taken King. Those will last me until Halo 5, Fallout 4 and Battlefront.

sora87

Maybe Rapture for me, nothing else really standing out.
I'm looking forward to Gametrailers pyjama sleepover Until Dawn stream though.

Excellent month for me, I have five of those in the bag and I doubt I can resist buying Dishonored again at $19.99 - or £13 in real money.

overcast

If either Everybody's Gone To The Rapture or Until Dawn turn out well I'll get those. Feeling like Until Dawn will be mediocre. Otherwise it's nothing this month. If I had an Xbone then Gears and Rare Replay would be sure purchases.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I'll get Gears and Rare Replay. Until Dawn does look interesting, I'll check out the reviews but probably wait till it's cheaper.

Hoping I can get Gears cheap as well from eBay.

Ushay

I'll have to give this month a pass, already have too much to get through.

Thinking of getting Gears, Halo 5, MGS V and Tomb Raider later this year or early next.

Bl@de

Until Dawn for me. But like always with new releases ... I'll buy it in a couple of months (most probably a halloween sale when you get it cheaper).

Sooooo ... backlog month it is.

Moobabe

Good month for PS4 - Galak-Z looks pretty cool but I'll hold off until reviews are in. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture for sure though.

T.O.P

Banned
Life Is Strange ep.4 has the priority, then Gears and the Rare Collection for me

Until Down i'll get it for 20$ around Halloween :D

Salbug

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 for damn sure. Galak-Z looks interesting so I'll keep my eye on it. Same with a few other games in August.

Gonna be all about the Doflamingo, and Fujitora action come late August.

vbNRBA.gif

Alo0oy

Banned
Day 1:
Until Down.

At some point in the future:
Dishonored.
Everybody's gone to the rapture.

Maybe in the future depending on reviews & general impressions:
Submerged.

ViciousDS

Banned
Until Dawn, Everbody's gone to Rapture, Sword Art possibly.....heard the translation for that should be a lot better and Gears,

Pretty busy month TBH for august.....but damn, September is right around the corner and thats where the brutality starts for wallets.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That hasn't been announced?
It's not quite confirmed, but retailers have had the date for a few months and they've been getting updated details and box art with no change in the release. We should know soon if it's somehow slipped out of August.

Top Bottom