• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 & Xbox One: August 2015 games

N° 2048

These threads are a Godsend. Thank you OP!

Rare Replay
Submerged
Rapture
Until Dawn
Dishonored Collection

Those for me, for now :p

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 for damn sure. Galak-Z looks interesting so I'll keep my eye on it. Same with a few other games in August.

Gonna be all about the Doflamingo, and Fujitora action come late August.

vbNRBA.gif

is one piece a musuo game? i thought it was a fighting one

danowat

Banned
August 2015
AKA how am I supposed to play all these games
AKA don't you realize it's summer outside
AKA ouch, my poor wallet.

Panda Rin

Submerged looks rough around the edges, and I'm not entirely convinced on Rapture either. Galak-Z has PS+ written all over it sometime in the future. Until Dawn looks intriguing, but not a full-price purchase.

Nothing for me this month. September-December is going to be a blitz though...

EDIT: Actually, could Galak-Z be the PS+ title for next month? That would be killer.

Tunavi

Banned
Submerged looks rough around the edges, and I'm not entirely convinced on Rapture either. Galak-Z has PS+ written all over it sometime in the future. Until Dawn looks intriguing, but not a full-price purchase.

EDIT: Actually, could Galak-Z be the PS+ title for next month? That would be killer.
You sound hard to please

VanWinkle

Might get Rare Replay and Galak-Z. Not sure yet.

No. It's part of the pre-order promotion they're doing.

Volume and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture for me - possibly Until Dawn if it is well received though, and the same for Dishonored if the port is good.

IvanJ

Banned
Already preordered Rapture to take advantage of 20% discount.
The only other game that I'll be getting is Until Dawn, but not until it's discounted significantly.
And perhaps Submerged, it's discounted as well, but I need to see a few reviews - plenty of indie games that looked promising turned to be mediocre at best.

This will be the first year in quite a while that I'll be skipping Madden, I'm simply tired of it, last year I only played for a few hours before trading it in.

Salbug

interesting, i dont like one piece (anime or manga) but i might give it a try because is musuo

Pirate Warriors in my opinion is one of the best musou series out there if only just because every playable character has incredibly varied movesets. That, and Musou styled games just about suits the One Piece action style perfectly, and yeah even if you don't pay attention to One Piece the story mode will pretty much bring you up to speed considering it covers all the major arcs up until the most recent one which then plays out in a non-canon way in relation to the source material.

Soda Mixer

Neo Member
Joining the Rare and Gears chorus. I'm probably most excited about Conker. I don't know how I never played it on N64 or Xbox.

Vire

It's something special.

How well do you think it really holds up though? The game's humor is largely based upon movie references from the early 2000's like The Matrix and Saving Private Ryan.

I'd be more excited to replay Jet Force Gemini to be honest.

I think I'm only gonna get Rare Replay.

I already have Dishonored and Gears of War on Xbox 360, so I'm not really tempted to spend a bunch of money to buy enhanced versions. I'm not really interested in the rest. I also don't have a PlayStation 4 yet (getting one maybe next year), so I wouldn't be able to play some of those games even if I wanted to.

God damn there is nothing on consoles I want to play anymore. Near everything released this gen has been made up of remasters and small experiences.

Without a doubt this has been the most boring generation for me.

wouwie

I had never heard of Nova 111. Seems quite interesting.

Anyway, i'm planning on buying (depending on reviews) Galak-Z, Submerged, Everybody's gone to the rapture and Volume.

July and August are offering a ton of interesting and varied (digital) games.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I've pre-ordered three games.
And they're releasing anywhere between 24 hours or a week from each other. Mad Max and MGSV are releasing on the same day. A few days before that, Until Dawn is released.
Why do these publishers not space releases out more and give each other more breathing space? Why don't we have these games released earlier in they year during the beginning of and throughout summer when there are no games released, instead of them all releasing on the same day/week?

I firmly believe MGSV was supposed to be released earlier in the summer, but was delayed for some reason involving Kojima/Konami.

WX3

Looking like Rare Replay for sure with Gears at the end of the month for sure as well! Playing that MP beta for the Gears release, I became excited for the game and running through the story in one sitting, coop with a buddy across town is one of my fondest memories from last gen, and I am ready to do it again several times over.

Will probably pick up Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, and will most likely break down and get Dishonored since I've been wanting to play through it again.

Top Bottom