• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro buyers: Are you professional or amateur?

Professional or amateur?

• Professional

Votes: 53 63.1%
  • Amateur

Votes: 31 36.9%

• Total voters

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Obviously we all know that the PS5 Pro is designed for wealthy professionals.

BUT, there's nothing technically stopping indigent amateurs from getting their hands on the Ps5 Pro, too.

How?

From what I've heard on the streets, paupers can now convert government issued food-stamps into cash.
And even other unspeakable methods could be done for a quick buck, as well.

So, GAF, where do you stand? Are you buying the PS5 Pro as an amateur or professional?

PlayStation-5-Pro-Cover.jpg

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
not sure what you mean by professional.

I dont play GaaS or COD, but i buy ALOT of games, mostly single player, i guess im professional?

Considering I still don't understand what benefits the PS5 Pro is going to provide me, I guess I must be an amateur.

Last edited:
Better image quality and performance.
Which games? Will it require devs to manually make patches like the PS4 Pro? Because that happened in very few instances, even with Sony first party games (looking at you Bloodborne and Gravity Rush 2). That's my primary question that has yet to be answered.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I have a gaming PC for performance. I can’t think of any good exclusives for PS5. I have a PS5 slim and right now it’s just a Netflix/YouTube machine. The only game I can see myself playing on it is GTA 6 whenever it’s out. I should’ve held off a while to buy one.

Sooner

Professional simply means someone pays you to do something. Seeing as the PS5 Pro will cost money, I have to assume most of the people getting it are pros.

The rest are thieves or leaches.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Can someone tell me how to vote lol? I don’t see an option. Thanks

May be that you can't since you are a new member. Get some posts under your belt and it will show up eventually.

But....don't spam the forum. lol

Last edited:

april6e

I don't know what this thread means. $500-600 US isn't that much money to a single person, even if you are making crappy money. My only hobby is gaming, so it's not that hard to just buy anything I want after saving for 2-3 months. I'm not anywhere close to well off.

Last edited:

BUT, there's nothing technically stopping indigent amateurs from getting their hands on the Ps5 Pro, too.

How?

From what I've heard on the streets, paupers can now convert government issued food-stamps into cash.

So, GAF, where do you stand? Are you buying the PS5 Pro as an amateur or professional?

I hope you're kidding. If not, screw this world.

Last edited:

nick776

I don't know what this thread means. $500-600 US isn't that much money to a single person, even if you are making crappy money. My only hobby is gaming, so it's not that hard to just buy anything I want after saving for 2-3 months. I'm not anywhere close to well off.
If you cannot afford $600.00 for something at LEAST once or twice a year, I'd say you are doing something BAD WRONG.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
10/10 thread OP, and definitely not something that sounded better in your head, before you actually posted it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I hope you're kidding. If not, screw this world.
Not to derail, but people drug users in my state figured out that you can use your food stamps to buy bottled water for $0.25 per bottle - which includes a $0.10 deposit. So - buy 100 bottles of water for $25 with food stamps, dump them down the drain, then turn in the bottles for $10 cash. Some people here turn this into basically a full-time job, just dumping water down the drain and working the bottle recycling machines.

But why buy drugs when you could save up for a PlayStation 5 Pro©?

Last edited:
Not to derail, but people drug users in my state figured out that you can use your food stamps to buy bottled water for $0.25 per bottle - which includes a $0.10 deposit. So - buy 100 bottles of water for $25 with food stamps, dump them down the drain, then turn in the bottles for $10 cash. Some people here turn this into basically a full-time job, just dumping water down the drain and working the bottle recycling machines.

But why buy drugs when you could save up for a PlayStation 5 Pro©?

Saw that first hand in downtown Portland. Pissed me off, since it was super hot and it was a huge waste of water. Not the worst thing I've seen, but reminded me how rundown cities have become due to drug users and/or homeless people.

Last edited:

SHA

What's professional? early adopters who figure to solve every technical issues and get tiny rewards for that like 5 games a year at max? cause they sound like the least rewarded gamers to me.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
What's professional? early adopters who figure to solve every technical issues and get tiny rewards for that like 5 games a year at max, cause they sound like the least rewarded gamers to me.
It's just people who wear a necktie while gaming. An ascot is also permissible.

SHA

I think rich people, at least their mindset, think long term, the base model is the best choice for them especially when there are a lot of great games at that period of time which is hard for many to pull the trigger and make the decision or buy more games, it's hardly the same case with pro, it doesn't matter how much they spend on things, they don't change their mindset.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
ps6 will release in 2027-2028 and the only game i'd want a pro with just got delayed to 2026, so at that point it's looking like the smart choise would be to buy the ps6 version of gta6

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This thread reads like how I think when I was drunk.

In 1999.

When thinking of future tech and it's wondrous .5 iterations, and freaking out about Y2K.

How?

PlayStation-5-Pro-Cover.jpg
I'm getting one as I don't have a PS5 yet, so I might as well wait for this.

alb@tros

Neo Member
I’m not a pro but I love good graphics and play games with the best settings. That’s why I’m getting the pro. But my goal it’s to built a high end gaming PC on day.

buenoblue

Pro day one. Hopefully get a good chunk for my old PS5 towards it.

Most games lately have looked pretty bad on my 65 inch OLED that I sit 6 feet from so the added Picture quality is needed for me.

I will say after playing astrobot all weekend PS5 games can still look great if you design the game within the limitations of the PS5.

But putting raytracing in a game then running it at 720p and upscaling up the wazoo ain't it

Top Bottom