• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Me begging Sony to progress my queue from "more than an hour"

BB4123AC5AE9D0F77FA12C110E477FD819E3E7AA

Pejo

Well I'm in the actual site, but it's not allowing me to preorder the Dualsense 30th anni. It says "add" to add it to the cart but the screen just blinks and nothing happens.

Fuck me.

I was able to order one from Best Buy but I cheated and just refreshed while it was checking stock and mashed the "add to cart" button so it worked without verifying stock. Probably will get cancelled.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Be aware, it can even go up again.
Yeah here’s how their algorithm works:
- internally start a countdown timer at 90 minutes
- every minute, update the progress bar with some value of time remaining +/- some random value between 0 and 10
- stop the countdown timer at 10 min remaining
- just sit tight til the store lets you in

My guess is that there's a LOT of stock for the regular PS5 Pro.....those that want one should be able to get it today.

Sony wants to sell you it directly to make more margin. Whatever left over stock will go to retailers on the 10th.

Waiting for a retailer may be a crapshoot.

I hope you're right. I don't really care about the 30th anniversary bundle I just want that Pro.

The bundle sure lasted longer in USA than UK so we probably did get more allocated.
10 years ago it was 5000 Japan 5000 US 2300 ROTW

I would bet good money it was the same today too

Still didn't stop me from missing out tho, guess I'll just try again in 10 years for the 40th anniversary if the world hasn't ended yet

Wanna know some bullshit?
I got in and got a Pro, Edge, Dualsense, Portal, and PSVR2 adapter in my cart. Got all the way to the end of the checkout to the Place Order button.

THEN it wouldn't let me place it and I tried and tried and it kicked me out and back into a queue because I didn't check out fast enough...

Luckily my girlfriend got a Pro and I ordered 2 of the Dualsenses from Walmart but still. I wanted to grab one for my friend.

Rob_27

Just had a look on UK store again. 6hrs later and pro is still available if anyone is tempted.

Back to Zelda EoW

iamvin22

Industry Verified
So I was on the page to pre order. Selected my items. Go to my cart and it says I have nothing in my cart. Then it returns me back to a que.

Why do companies continue to have these problems?

I'm just going for regular Pro at this point. I'll be on vacation the week it goes live at retailers. Don't think my wife is going to let me spend our 30th anniversary trying to buy a gotdang console

She can be so unreasonable
DIVORCE

That is not love. YOU NEED LOVE

graywolf323

Klarna comes up at checkout. At least at present. Whether it works or not for pre-orders I haven't been able to confirm yet.

Might not, just because it's only a pre-auth hold that drops off.
welp I just found out the hard way

CART NOT ELIGIBLE FOR KLARNA

Carts that contain pre-orders or digital items are not eligible for payment with Klarna.

Last edited:
Top Bottom