• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

dmaul1114

So on the site’s order page, I’ve gotten

30th DS
30th DE
30th Portal
30th Slim
PS Pro

These all show up in my orders, but I’ve only gotten an email for the Slim and the Pro. Anyone else experience this? I ordered all hours ago.

I pretty much never get emails from PlayStation for whatever reason. Never got any order confirmation, order shipped etc. e-mails for my PSVR2 preorder from them etc. Everything was fine and came on launch day etc. Never get the PS Blog emails anymore etc.

For me I think Outlook filters are just catching it as spam and keeping them from even showing in my Junk folder.

Neofire

So on the site’s order page, I’ve gotten

30th DS
30th DE
30th Portal
30th Slim
PS Pro

These all show up in my orders, but I’ve only gotten an email for the Slim and the Pro. Anyone else experience this? I ordered all hours ago.
I got a confirmation for my DS 30th Anniversary Edition. The payment pinging was weird for me though.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Nearly just bought a ps portal LE and then I thought....knowing Sony it won't work passed the ps5. I probably won't use it either. It's still available in the uk if anyone wants it

akira__

Banned
Nearly just bought a ps portal LE and then I thought....knowing Sony it won't work passed the ps5. I probably won't use it either. It's still available in the uk if anyone wants it

You're here too?
TimYbfD.jpeg

dmaul1114

Yeah, big yikes the Pro is still up on Sony Direct.
Just signed in out of curiosity and yep.

I never thought it would be hard to preorder the regular today. PS4 Pro was pretty easy to get and ended up totally 13% of PS4 consoles sold last gen (heard on some pod cast the other day).

This one's likely to be even more of a niche/enthusiast device given the much higher price. I'm sure Sony is fine with that as they're likely selling these for a profit (and definitely for the stand and disc drive) as it's just a way for them to squeeze some more money from people like me willing to pay while they try to stretch the generation out as long as they can.

FrankWza

I pretty much never get emails from PlayStation for whatever reason. Never got any order confirmation, order shipped etc. e-mails for my PSVR2 preorder from them etc. Everything was fine and came on launch day etc. Never get the PS Blog emails anymore etc.

For me I think Outlook filters are just catching it as spam and keeping them from even showing in my Junk folder.
They are splitting orders because of the different release dates. If you go to your account on direct it will show in your order history. Everything is going to ship separately

nashman

In Canada, Best Buy and Amazon were scuffed at 7am tried till 8. Left work to go line up at GameStop that opens at 10.

Saw Lbabinz tweet at 930 about amazon being back up and got one!. LFG!

In Canada watch Lbabinz on twitter best way to get one.

dmaul1114

They are splitting orders because of the different release dates. If you go to your account on direct it will show in your order history. Everything is going to ship separately

I know. I just don't get any e-mails from them. Not worried about my order as same was true for my PSVR2 order with just having to log in to see it in my order history. Something with my ancient hotmail account just doesn't let any e-mails from Playstation get through to even my Junk folder anymore. Haven't gotten PS Blog etc. e-mails in years.

XXL

In Canada, Best Buy and Amazon were scuffed at 7am tried till 8. Left work to go line up at GameStop that opens at 10.

Saw Lbabinz tweet at 930 about amazon being back up and got one!. LFG!

In Canada watch Lbabinz on twitter best way to get one.
I got one on Amazon Canada right after 10am. They were gone a few mins later.

Last edited:

Xander3116

I got one on Amazon Canada at like 11:30, forgot today was the day, but i managed to get one, on bestbuy.ca it still says its available.

Topher

Gold Member
Hoping the Pros still being in stock means it’ll be simple through Amazon on October 10th. I would’ve ordered it from Sony directly but I have a $150 Amazon gift card and I’d rather use it towards that.

I don't think you'll have any problem. The big rush today was for the LE stuff, not the Pro

Chiggs

Gold Member
Hoping the Pros still being in stock means it’ll be simple through Amazon on October 10th. I would’ve ordered it from Sony directly but I have a $150 Amazon gift card and I’d rather use it towards that.

I bet you'll be able to walk into a Target, Wal-Mart, or Best Buy on November 7 and buy one without any hassle.

dmaul1114

I also bought the stand but I have gone digital so no disc drive.

I almost skipped the disc drive--but then I'd have to use my XSX for movie discs and the drive in it is loud AF for that.

Also still have Elden Ring on disc and will probably want to get the DLC for it at some point (haven't been in the mood for it since launch).

I'll probably go fully digital next gen so will need to grab a standalone UHD/BR disc player I guess (not that I all that often watch discs I own these days).

FrankWza

Not sure what steakhouses you’re going to, but they ain’t giving you a better value than the $5 biggie bag from Wendy’s.
Don't want to derail but just speaking to burgers. When I go to shake shake or a diner it's over $50 for 2 people with a shake and I have to tip at a diner. burgers for 2 at a steakhouse it's around $125. Dry aged and I get app and dessert. Tip included and I'm not including alcohol

Top Bottom