• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Upgrade for Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster Brings Improved Reflections at 60 FPS, Comparison Inside

XXL

Capcom has officially announced that they will release a PS5 Pro upgrade for the Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster, which will enhance reflections and introduce other visual improvements.
Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster, which is built on Capcom’s RE Engine, was recently released on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series S|X. Even on base consoles, the game maintains a solid 60 FPS despite rendering large numbers of zombies on screen. However, the PS5 Pro will offer further enhancements, including higher-quality, potentially ray-traced reflections, aligning the console version more closely with the high-end PC experience.

wABioYR.gif

7I04mzY.gif

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
Keep these coming. Hope Silent Hill 2 offers a Pro patch at some point. Curious to know how Alan Wake 2 will run as well.

Will get Dead Rising when the Pro arrives at my doorstep.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
wABioYR.gif

Best Ray Tracing in a RE Engine game by a country mile, finally Capcom felt compelled to upgrade their implementation.

Hopefully it will be patched into the PC version as well as that version currently relies on the usual, broken RE Engine SSR.
PS5 version looks like someone smeared grease on the window. Pro version looks like someone cleaned it.

Last edited:

XXL

wABioYR.gif

Best Ray Tracing in a RE Engine game by a country mile, finally Capcom felt compelled to upgrade their implementation.

Hopefully it will be patched into the PC version as well as that version currently relies on the usual, broken RE Engine SSR.
Do you have a better version gif of the 2nd pic? I added the 1st one to the OP as it's better quality.

Vick

Gold Member
Yeah man, the upgrade is pretty fucking massive here.
I think it's because the game being already native 4K/60fps on regular PS5 allowed them to focus on extra improvements.

But it's extremely surprising to me Capcom actually bothered going the extra mile not only to develop extra settings compared to the PC version, but actually fundamentally improve their core RT tech as a whole.
These look to be a massive step over their usual RT Reflections.

Damn this isn't in the PC version now?
not happening no way GIF

Keep these coming. Hope Silent Hill 2 offers a Pro patch at some point.
Yeah, that's the game that interest me the most. It'll be the first I'll play on the machine.

Do you have a better version gif of the 2nd pic? I added the 1st one to the OP as it's better quality.
Nope, the site where I got the glass HQ picture never hosted the outdoor one. It's a shame because that one could provide a first look at the improved/additional shadows.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Step 1: announce PS5 and add raytraced reflections as standout feature of the new console over PS4
Step 2: remove said feature from PS5 versions of games 4 years into its lifecycle and announce PS5 Pro to sell the same raytraced reflections to the new fanbase.
Step 3: profit

I'm just making fun of it here as I do think it looks like a great upgrade I just hate that this was the main feature of the posterchild of the PS5 generation and now it's an afterthought to sell PS5 Pro

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Step 1: announce PS5 and add raytraced reflections as standout feature of the new console over PS4
Step 2: remove said feature from PS5 versions of games 4 years into its lifecycle and announce PS5 Pro to sell the same raytraced reflections to the new fanbase.
Step 3: profit from the gullible
Sony paid Capcom to remove RT from the PC version?

Game already drops to the 40's on Series X as is, to even 25fps on Series S despite colossal downgrades across the board.

Btw I actually took your advice and just settled on keeping my PS5 instead...the PS4 was overheating like crazy so I figured I'd just keep the PS5 instead,more future proof. Thanks
giphy.gif

Smart man. Especially because, at least here where I live, PS4 Pro for some reason retains an almost shocking aftermarket value.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Game already drops to the 40's on Series X as is, to even 25fps on Series S despite colossal downgrades across the board.
I edited my post,it was a fun jab at the whole process of how they presented PS5 over PS4 back then, don't think too much of it.

FeralEcho

Btw I actually took your advice and just settled on keeping my PS5 instead...the PS4 was overheating like crazy so I figured I'd just keep the PS5 instead,more future proof. Thanks.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

I'm just making fun of it here as I do think it looks like a great upgrade I just hate that this was the main feature of the posterchild of the PS5 generation and now it's an afterthought to sell PS5 Pro
To be fair this is only one game and the PC version as well doesn't offer Ray Tracing. All other Capcom releases with the engine that has ray tracing also have the option on console. RE2, RE3, RE4, RE7, RE Village, Street Fighter 6, and Dragon's Dogma 2 all have ray tracing on PS5 and Series X. This seems like an outlier.

Last edited:

XXL

That's a huge difference
It's a massive difference, this is one of the biggest upgrades yet.

I just watched the DF comparison between PS5, Series X/S.

It pretty close to generational difference between the PS5 Pro vs the Series S.

I want to see this in motion.

Last edited:

my mind went straight to that when I saw the comparison, feels like sony forced their hand into being a bit less lazy with the remake to market the pro. Nothing new tho, same thing had happened with the ps3 launch, devs were highly coerced into using the wonky sixaxis features.

peek

Actually prefer the base ps5 one. Its hard to explain, but like when everything is visible, reflections, shine, etc... the screen space starts to get visually "busy" or cluttered.

Then its like hard to quickly make out stuff in the environment while playing. I dont know, hard to explain it. But like its like going from halo 2 to halo 5 (or 4?) and its hard to even tell whats on the screen with all the visual noise.

Long way of saying sometimes less is more xD

I think it's because the game being already native 4K/60fps on regular PS5 allowed them to focus on extra improvements.

But it's extremely surprising to me Capcom actually bothered going the extra mile not only to develop extra settings compared to the PC version, but actually fundamentally improve their core RT tech as a whole.
These look to be a massive step over their usual RT Reflections.

not happening no way GIF

Yeah, that's the game that interest me the most. It'll be the first I'll play on the machine.

Nope, the site where I got the glass HQ picture never hosted the outdoor one. It's a shame because that one could provide a first look at the improved/additional shadows.
I'd say they are using in-house Sony APIs here. Because those reflections look as good as the ones seen in F1.

LMJ

If memory serves the didn't OG 360 version have better reflections than the "remake/aster"

I know the OG had reflective mirrors

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's amazing how the ps5 pro will usher in the raytracing revolution. It takes a massive marketing product like this to get every one on the same page.

Sure, pc players have enjoyed this stuff for years but there is always that kinda stigma with pc, where it's bleeding edge but not always accessible and mass market. When someone like sony does a great job of creating a product that will highlight how transformative this stuff is, developers and end users will take notice.

Cant wait for the next big jump eith raytracing in more games next gen.

We are getting there.

JaksGhost

RE4 is confirmed to be getting a patch. RE2 and RE3 both have RT in their PS5 native versions, but the performance was nowhere near stable in that mode until now. Maybe on the pro it'll actually be 60 without the devs having to do anything. Very plausible.
I believe they confirmed a 120fps option for Village and said RE4 runs at a higher frame rate so it must be receiving that option too.

Bojji

Ray tracing was never on the front page of PS5 marketing, console was too weak to really use it in most games and still have decent IQ and performance.

Pro fixes this issue.

RE4 is confirmed to be getting a patch. RE2 and RE3 both have RT in their PS5 native versions, but the performance was nowhere near stable in that mode until now. Maybe on the pro it'll actually be 60 without the devs having to do anything. Very plausible.

All 3 games are unlocked in both resolution and frame-rate in ALL modes...

"Boost mode" would/will be enough for a huge upgrade

That's the first game I've seen where the difference looks absolutely massive. Not enough to get me to buy a pro but it bodes well for PS6 that's for sure.

Kangx

Beside the obvious reflection, this scene is major difference than the ps5. Lighting
Is difference and cast alot more shadow. It seem to be more busy overall.

Some one with more tech knowledge can chime in on this?

Vick

Gold Member
I'd say they are using in-house Sony APIs here. Because those reflections look as good as the ones seen in F1.
This is interesting.

But hope not true as I'd love to believe Capcom massively improved on their own RE Engine currently lacking reflections.

Being Sony's APIs would also reduce the chance of seeing them on PC, no?

Having recently replayed RE2R in its entirety in RT mode just to see how it would potentially run on Pro, game is 100% going to be locked 60fps on Pro.
Same for RE3.

Beside the obvious reflection, this scene is major difference than the ps5. Lighting
Is difference and cast alot more shadow. It seem to be more busy overall.

Some one with more tech knowledge can chime in on this?
This Pro version is said to improve:

From shadows, to transparencies and Ray tracing

Too bad I can't find that picture in HQ.

Last edited:

SweetTooth

Gold Member
It's amazing how the ps5 pro will usher in the raytracing revolution. It takes a massive marketing product like this to get every one on the same page.

Sure, *pc players have enjoyed this stuff for years but there is always that kinda stigma with pc, where it's bleeding edge but not always accessible and mass market. When someone like sony does a great job of creating a product that will highlight how transformative this stuff is, developers and end users will take notice.

Cant wait for the next big jump eith raytracing in more games next gen.

We are getting there.
*Less than 5% of PC players

Bojji

*Less than 5% of PC players

Aren't this like millions of people?

Even 2060 super was stronger in RT than normal PS5. RT is available on PC since 2018 and in very limited number of tiles (and quality) on consoles.

Pro will change it for the better obviously.

Shin-Ra

Now fix the horrendous way that glass disappears when it's smashed.
Resistance Fall of Man’s fine-cracking mixed with Astro Bot’s post-push-through physics.

If memory serves the didn't OG 360 version have better reflections than the "remake/aster"

I know the OG had reflective mirrors
The remaster still has planar reflections on mirrors in the bathrooms.

Vick

Gold Member
O onQ123

That is interesting, but isn't this kind of difference we see with Dead Rising simply a result of the game being "maxed out" on the regular machine already?

Going for additional bells and whistles like RT and improved shadows makes sense when your game already runs at 4K/60fps on base machine.. but I doubt that's going to be norm. Take Rift Apart, only using the current Performance RT settings on Pro with better IQ.

But maybe that's also due to Insomniac having to work on Pro patches for four different games to be ready at launch, other than their new games in development, and couldn't be bothered too much with further optimization.

Top Bottom