• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Upgrade for Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster Brings Improved Reflections at 60 FPS, Comparison Inside

LMJ

Resistance Fall of Man’s fine-cracking mixed with Astro Bot’s post-push-through physics.

The remaster still has planar reflections on mirrors in the bathrooms.
Oh well that's cool lol i haven't played the new one yet, but outside of the bizarre censorship I hear good things :D

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Damn this isn't in the PC version now?
DPzPTAS.jpeg

O onQ123

That is interesting, but isn't this kind of difference we see with Dead Rising simply a result of the game being "maxed out" on the regular machine already?

Going for additional bells and whistles like RT and improved shadows makes sense when your game already runs at 4K/60fps on base machine.. but I doubt that's going to be norm. Take Rift Apart, only using the current Performance RT settings on Pro with better IQ.

But maybe that's also due to Insomniac having to work on Pro patches for four different games to be ready at launch, other than their new games in development, and couldn't be bothered too much with further optimization.
I think bolded is right. But knowing Insomniac they are probably going to patch the game with quality crowds level in that scene after DF analysis, destroying all DF narrative in the process. But it already happened with the puddle controversy.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Ray tracing was never on the front page of PS5 marketing, console was too weak to really use it in most games and still have decent IQ and performance.

Pro fixes this issue.
Exactly, even Cerny said he was surprised at ray tracing being used this early and that was around launch.

Pretty sure the main thing for the PS5 was the SSD. We dont need revisionist history.

peek

feel like imma get chewed out for this but eh. Pro can do in performance mode what the og can do in graphics mode, also much more games are gonna have RT support.

HM90B06.png
Another example where I prefer the left. When i played the one on right, it was like TOO busy. Maybe its just a style preference, but left looks better when game is in motion and you playing in combat.

Another example where I prefer the left. When i played the one on right, it was like TOO busy. Maybe its just a style preference, but left looks better when game is in motion and you playing in combat.
Yeah, for ur weird ass.

Real life is the same as right

Vick

Gold Member
Almost looks like a generational leap
Compared to how it looks and runs on a Series S it is indeed one straight full-blown generational leap, no doubt. And then some actually.

We've seen current gen "Remasters" of previous gen titles with considerably less differences.

onQ123

O onQ123

That is interesting, but isn't this kind of difference we see with Dead Rising simply a result of the game being "maxed out" on the regular machine already?

Going for additional bells and whistles like RT and improved shadows makes sense when your game already runs at 4K/60fps on base machine.. but I doubt that's going to be norm. Take Rift Apart, only using the current Performance RT settings on Pro with better IQ.

But maybe that's also due to Insomniac having to work on Pro patches for four different games to be ready at launch, other than their new games in development, and couldn't be bothered too much with further optimization.

That's the point PS5 Pro is built so devs will be better off using the extra GPU power in the opposite direction of the normal rendering pipeline.

You could get a PS5 game to look the same way at lower settings but the devs will most likely try to get the most out of the normal rendering pipeline & RT will get the leftovers but PS5 Pro gives devs a chance to play with the extra GPU power.

Last edited:

El Muerto

Gold Member
First pic looks like it could be a PS4 version. 2nd looks like what the regular ps5 version should of looked like. Game looks like crap compared to other RE Engine games.

Reactions: TGO
Top Bottom