• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Hack Update: FAQs in OP, Read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grinchy said:
Is there any actual relevance to whether or not one has received the E-mail? Or is it just another, "How many PSn accounts" type thing going on
I'm pretty sure they're sending them out to everyone just to notify them about the breach. But I think it takes a while to send out several millions of e-mails.

lol51

DevilWillcry said:
I'm pretty sure they're sending them out to everyone just to notify them about the breach. But I think it takes a while to send out several millions of e-mails.

It has to do with where you live probably. Countries/States where there is law to reveal that info quicker will get their emails prioritized. There are already custom paragraphs for people in different states for example. There has to be a translation done for different languages etc. Probably have to put things in there for certain areas that you don't have to put for others (legally and who to contact for fraud reporting).

I think everyone is getting an email.

Zeal

Banned
be calm, gentleman. i have my best man on this already.

hackers15.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Zeal said:
be calm, gentleman. i have my best man on this already.

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/hackers15.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

He will save us. After all, he's the best Wipeout player.

Hex

Banned
Marius_ said:
So what are the chances these hackers will get caught? I need justice.
Just like you to side with the big corporations.
The hackers are doing this for you and your rights!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sorry for being late but I heard someone is already suing Sony for this fiasco.

simtmb

Man that was so confusing. Went through all my email accounts tied to PSN. Had more than....enough lol, and changed all the passwords regardless if they were different to my PSN accounts or not.

Hex

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Where can I donate?

I have set up a paypal account to help spread freedom
and make things right (or at least buy myself a good fight stick because I need one pronto....)
PM me for details!
We will overcome!

0Jmpc.gif

I thought my PSN account had the same password as my amazon account (turns out it doesn't, thank God) so I changed my amazon password. But now, my amazon account accepts both my new and old passwords, and even accepts slight variations of my old password. Basically, the amazon account password system is broken. Trust no one!

gcubed

Trent Strong said:
I thought my PSN account had the same password as my amazon account (turns out it doesn't, thank God) so I changed my amazon password. But now, my amazon account accepts both my new and old passwords, and even accepts slight variations of my old password. Basically, the amazon account password system is broken. Trust no one!

the amazon password system was broken a few months ago, i thought that if you changed your password it would fix it

Cruzader

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Where can I donate?
Yea hope Sony opens an account where we can donate for our cause. These assholes need to get caught. Anything for justice and what I believe is right. Anyone saying otherwise will be offending me. Better not be saying am an apologist as I have a right to protect my interests!!!

Ps: jk

Tabris

Hmmm. I was getting a lot more spam emails on one of my emails the last week and I didn't think put 2 and 2 together but I'm getting the spam on my PSN email.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Tabris said:
Hmmm. I was getting a lot more spam emails on one of my emails the last week and I didn't think put 2 and 2 together but I'm getting the spam on my PSN email.
I haven't recieved much spam recently.

My psn email is from my isp, comcast.

gcubed said:
the amazon password system was broken a few months ago, i thought that if you changed your password it would fix it

Hmmm. I hadn't heard about that. Changing it just seems to have made it worse for me though.

Stoffinator

Jax said:
http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo103/JAX_CLOCKY/1303957841.png[/]

its funny how its blue on the ipad and purple on my LCD.

but yeah this.[/QUOTE]

How come you got a fancy pancy background? :-[

Curufinwe

I was going to get a replacement card with a new number at my bank tomorrow, but maybe now I don't really need to since the CC data was encrypted.l

SRG01

DMeisterJ said:
So the cc info was encrypted (not plain text), and there is no evidence of the data being taken.

So the tons of people with fraudulent charges are either true, and coincidental or false?

Most likely coincidental. Skimmers are everywhere these days.

That, or people are freaking out over charges they don't remember/under a different name. The parking service at my University actually bills it out of Ontario instead of here in Edmonton.

I talked to my bank ages ago about how Visa security works. Basically, they have ways of detecting when a card is likely compromised. Things such as: multiple low-dollar purchases in another city, single large dollar items, patterns of purchase, etc. When that happens, the system usually puts a hold on the transaction and gives the cardholder a call if possible.

For example, one of my mom's transactions was put on hold because she tried to purchase a $2000+ range on it. I was actually sleeping when the CC company called the house, while my mom called me on my cell about two minutes later.

Don't worry, the algorithms on a CC card are usually much better us checking the balance. It's usually better to get your card flagged and then get it replaced that way (or switch numbers) instead of pre-emptively canceling since that will lower your credit rating. Your cardholders agreement will protect you.

X-Frame

phosphor112 said:
Lightly drop the PS3 into a can that has trash placed well enough to soften it's fall.

Sounds like he's getting rid of his PS3.

Seriously. If he smashed it Office Space-style with a baseball bat .. that'd be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom