• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Launch Line-up Rearranged - Teh weak

Soul4ger

Wow. What'd they do? PSP's launch line-up on December 12:

Armored Core Formula Front (From Software, Mecha Action)
Mahjong Kakuto Club (Konami, Board)
Mahjong Taikai (Koei, Board)
Minna no Golf Portable (SCE, Golf)
Ridge Racers (Namco, Racing)
Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Capcom, 2D Fighting)

The 16:

Dokodemo Issyo (SCE, Chatting)
Kollon (Cyber Front, Puzzle)
Metal Gear Acid (Konami, Strategy)
Mojipittan (Namco, Puzzle)
Shin Sangoku Musou (Koei, Action)

The rest of it can be read here. Is this old?

If they are launching with only laughable 200.000 exemplars of the PSP itself, even that list is an overkill for the first users. But huh, 4 days don't make sense.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
PSP is the best mahjongg device to ever hit the streets.
DS bomb bomb.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Soul4ger said:
Wow. What'd they do? PSP's launch line-up on December 12:

Armored Core Formula Front (From Software, Mecha Action)
Mahjong Kakuto Club (Konami, Board)
Mahjong Taikai (Koei, Board)
Minna no Golf Portable (SCE, Golf)
Ridge Racers (Namco, Racing)
Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (Capcom, 2D Fighting)

The 16:

Dokodemo Issyo (SCE, Chatting)
Kollon (Cyber Front, Puzzle)
Metal Gear Acid (Konami, Strategy)
Mojipittan (Namco, Puzzle)
Shin Sangoku Musou (Koei, Action)

The rest of it can be read here. Is this old?
:lol :lol

time to trade in the spare batteries for some styluses... :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Actually, why are all those mahjongg's on the PSP and not the DS? They'd be perfect there.

lachesis

Hmm.. no Matrix this time? ;) Spiderman II, perhaps?

Anyhow, it looks strangely similar to PS2 launch titles... sans Minnano Golf. RR and MG would be my first choice pick.

lachesis

Guns N' Poops said:
If they are launching with only laughable 200.000 exemplars of the PSP itself, even that list is an overkill for the first users. But huh, 4 days don't make sense.

I keep seeing the 200,000 units on launch day. Was there ever a PR release about how they were going to handle shipements up until the end of the fiscal year?

EDIT: Nevermind

Sony plans to sell 200,000 PSP machines in the initial shipment, 500,000 by the end of this year, and one million by March 31, 2005, in Japan, Kutaragi said.

mumu said:
Ridge Racer is gonna save the day.

What fucking day is there to save? Their only shipping 200k and 500k by years end. This is a "soft launch" if I've ever seen one. Expect to see it on Ebay for $500.

explodet

Are there any impressions or previews for MinGol PSP, Dynasty Warriors or Armored Core?

I've seen lots of long-ass Ridge Racer threads and a Vampire Chronicle thread or two, but nothing on the other three.

Soul4ger

From what I understand, the Dynasty Warriors game and the Armored Core game are ports. They haven't exactly clarified which games in the series they're porting.

WarPig

Formula Front is a new game, it's just coming out for both PSP and PS2 in the same timeframe. The PSP version is actually beating the PS2 one to market.

DFS.

explodet

Oh, one more thing... will there be any UMD movies for sale?

Seeing how watching movies is such a big feature, will they have anything that actually shows off that feature? Or is that coming later?

WarPig

explodet said:
Oh, one more thing... will there be any UMD movies for sale?

Seeing how watching movies is such a big feature, will they have anything that actually shows off that feature? Or is that coming later?

I think the first one will still be Advent Children early next year. Bandai's doing those Gundam discs in the spring of 2005 as well.

DFS.

Renegade

Banned
I don't see the list as all that bad. It lacks a glut of titles, but it's by NO means bad. Armored Core, Ridge Racer, Vampire Saviour and Hot Shots are mine. There's no Killer App on launch day, but Metal Gear Ac!d and Dynasty Warriors are only a week from launch.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Vagabond said:
I don't see the list as all that bad. It lacks a glut of titles, but it's by NO means bad. Armored Core, Ridge Racer, Vampire Saviour and Hot Shots are mine. There's no Killer App on launch day, but Metal Gear Ac!d and Dynasty Warriors are only a week from launch.
Ridge Racers and Minna No Golf Portable are not Killer apps?

in before the:

WELL THAT ABOUT WRAPS IT UP FOR THE PSP!

No more Lumines? I fear it's going to get pushed back, with yesterday's notices and this. Ugh, one game isn't enough for me to justify importing at the moment. I think a wait till the US release is a definite for me now.

Unison said:
Nothing on that list compares to WarioWare DS, imo. If I was a Japanese gamer, my choice would be clear.

While WarioWare is fun, it's so damn fugly. I love when my games are timed to last 3-5 seconds. I will grant them that they pretty much use every feature of the DS, but I don't think this game will capture to the market that Sony is going after

explodet

WarPig said:
I think the first one will still be Advent Children early next year. Bandai's doing those Gundam discs in the spring of 2005 as well.
Huh. Well it won't take the market by storm at that rate, but Advent Children still sends my fanboy heart aflutter.

Renegade

Banned
Defensor said:
Ridge Racers and Minna No Golf Portable are not Killer apps?

I LOVE those games. However, all I see on the PSP are iterations of very established franchises so far. I'm sure they'll be great They won't move a LOT of units, though. Both the DS and PSP lack a true killer app. Which releases first: Gran Turismo 4p or the Mario game for DS?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think everyone is looking over THE only certain killer app on the DS or the PSP:

Jump Super Stars.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Unison said:
What's that?!?!

It's a fighting game that's akin to Super Smash Brothers being made for the DS that has various anime characters, like Goku and Naruto.

acklame

jpn said:
Lumines is a confirmed launch title according to the jp.playstation website:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/game041212.html#uljs00005

There online PSP reservation campaign starts on 19/11/2004 12:30 (and probably ends by 12:35 ;)

yay so lumines is in again?

j_uljs00005.jpg

AC:FF boxart:

j_uljs00003.jpg

WarPig

The e-commerce site also lists Rengoku as a 12/12 release, although the new PSP-specific site lists it as just "December." And Legend of Heroes is still nowhere to be seen. Bizarro.

No, wait, the e-commerce site says Legend of Heroes is 12/16. I give up.

DFS.

Acosta

but Metal Gear Ac!d and Dynasty Warriors are only a week from launch.

If Metal Gear Acid and Dinasty Warriors are the "Killer Aps", I will eat my PSP with fries (both terrible at TGS, IMO and there are place to improve, I hope they do, but I doubt it given the frametime).

Ridge Racer saves the day for me, it was the title I wanted for my purchase. Of course I´m interested in Lumines and Vampire Savio, but Ridge Racer represents exactly why I´m buying a PSP and I want to taste that power in my first experience with the final machine.

Ridge Racers, Minna No Golf, Darkstalkers, Metal Gear Acid, and Dynasty Warriors are all launching before year end.

That's pretty freaking good if you ask me. Three of those five are million-seller franchises in the past (Japan market) and Metal Gear is a pretty high profile franchise as well even though it's more of a spin off.

COCKLES

being watched
Santa bringing me a PSP with RR (Christmas tearing around Rave Racer & Rage tracks to awesome cheesy Namco techno = best christmas EVAR!) and Darkstalkers and I'll be a happy bunny indeedy.

Top Bottom