• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP: The newly announced games (with pics)

u_neek

Thought all these new announcements needed a thread of their own..

alienh1.jpg

Tales of Eternia (T.O.E)

alienh2.jpg

Amored Core (?)

alienh3.jpg

Some Mahjong BS

alienh4.jpg

New Konami FPS

alienh5.jpg

Lumines (From REX creator)

alienh6.jpg

Bust-A-Move

alienh7.jpg

Another puzzler..

alienh8.jpg

New RPG from Falcom

and new Ridge Racer..

More..?

ourumov

As I pointed in another thread...I am pretty sure it uses the concept from Survivor: Day one, that N64 canned game.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Seems more PSX than PS2 to me. I haven't seen anything remotely near PS2 quality, save for maybe the FPS, which I know will be bitch to control.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Do any of the games benefit from the 16:9 aspect ration? Where are my shooters!!!?

ourumov said:
As I pointed in another thread...I am pretty sure it uses the concept from Survivor: Day one, that N64 canned game.

wasn't Survivor Day One was being made by Konami's american studio? If so, i doubt the two are connected.

SantaC

Tales of Eternia is the only game I would want here. Sorry but I don't think I'll enjoy fps games on handhelds.

belgurdo

Banned
I would be interested in Eternia but I've played it to death already. That Falcom RPG looks interesting, although the graphics are generic as shit. The mech game and the FPS look cool too

This sure doesn't look that superior to DS graphics... But Tales of Eternia looks sweet! Hopefully it comes out after the price cut :D

Alex

Are they adding anything to Eternia? Or is it just a vanillia port? If Namco brings it out here, I demand they redo the localization.

MmmBeef

The mech game is based on the anime Soukyou no Fafner: Dead Aggressor. Hopefully it will be more fun to play than it is to watch.

EDIT: Dammit! Late by one minute. :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
by "creator of REX" i suppose you mean "creator of REZ?" "q entertainment" is the name of miziguchi's company, right? looks like his new game is on psp rather than ds after all. nice. a spiritual successor to rez with n64 graphics and chip music would've made me cry.

i think the games we've seen look comparable to first gen ps2 games. gt4 mobile will be the game to judge the hardware by -- if polyphony port the game "without compromise" as they intend, then that'll be considerably more impressive than any of the early ps2 software.

the TOE, FPS and Puzzle Bobble are the only things worth looking at here. That mech game is not even PS2 quality. Talk about meh/

except the FPS; nothing here that can't be done on DS.

mr2mike

Banned
"Hopefully it will be more fun to play than it is to watch."

I'd have to agree with that... that how doen't have bad material, but it just seem directed so badly that it couldn't feel any more flavorless... Angela's ED theme rox though.

Top Bottom