• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

M52B28

Banned
It's weird, I signed up using uber and when I try entering a promo code it says a promo code was already applied. I don't understand why. It's a totally new account too.
I haven't got a clue..

That doesn't make any sense. I've never even used it before with anyone else. Maybe it is just an error?

Maybe someone in this thread used it right when I posted it?

RSVP'd to the 2PM PSVR demo and the 5:30 VR Riggs demo.
I just registered for one.. They are filling up very, very fast.

All the GAF Grub snack bags are ready to go! My awesome wife helped me pack them last night.

5ABjToE.jpg

When you get your badges from Xenorevlis, find me in line for the keynote to pick yours up! Wanted to do something nice for the community, so please, keep your money to spend at the show!

bnLkt8n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Nicko

Super appreciated!

Lingitiz

How early are you guys planning to get to the keynote? I know doors open at 8 but wondering what to generally expect with seating.

Triz

Just a reminder guys. RSVP's for PSVR and RIGS demos opens up in about 10 minutes.
Thank you so much for that reminder. With as fast as they are filling up no way I would have got a spot. Missed out last year due to lines. I didn't even know they were doing pre registration.

Toki767

The Experience app updated with a bunch of rewards. Mostly avatars and theme codes, but you do get a $10 PSN code for checking in to like 15 places.

kungfuian

OK so I'm actually pretty excited! This will be my first gaming show plus first chance to try VR! It's silly, been gaming for 30 plus years and yet I'm excited like a little kid. I usually only feel this way at new console launches.

Side note; Any advice from game show vets?

ChuckNyce

OK so I'm actually pretty excited! This will be my first gaming show plus first chance to try VR! It's silly, been gaming for 30 plus years and yet I'm excited like a little kid. I usually only feel this way at new console launches.

Side note; Any advice from game show vets?

Same here! So pumped!

I haven't got a clue..

That doesn't make any sense. I've never even used it before with anyone else. Maybe it is just an error?

Maybe someone in this thread used it right when I posted it?

Hmm I used every single promo code I could find off the web, even new ones off the app reviews. Arghhh

Picked up my badge and lanyard. They will give you the gift bag then.

What's in the gift bag? :p

M52B28

Banned
Question.

What do you show them to your badge to the show? I think I have an idea, but I just want to be sure and have it ready for when I get there.

Currently on my way.

aradikus

The whole rewards system using the app is pretty cool. You check in at various places in the convention center to unlock cards on the app, then you go pick up those physical collector cards on the 2nd floor. Really cool scavenger hunt style meta-game.

AcridMeat

Banned
Anyone I can keep in touch with tomorrow? Will try to get to the meet up. I know krae_man from a handful of the PAX meets, but yeah just to keep tabs on meet up spot, pub location if it changes etc.

Mikey Jr.

All the GAF Grub snack bags are ready to go! My awesome wife helped me pack them last night.

5ABjToE.jpg

When you get your badges from Xenorevlis, find me in line for the keynote to pick yours up! Wanted to do something nice for the community, so please, keep your money to spend at the show!

bnLkt8n.jpg

Nicko

Holy crap, I'm not going (wish I was), but I still want to say Thank you.

v1lla21

Anyone I can keep in touch with tomorrow? Will try to get to the meet up. I know krae_man from a handful of the PAX meets, but yeah just to keep tabs on meet up spot, pub location if it changes etc.
Try joining the line group chat. A good amount of us are in there so we'll probably use that to set up the meet ups.

All the RIGS spot were filled up almost immediately :\ I did snag multiple PSVR spots though over the course of the two days, so I plan on at least checking out a bunch of the other stuff as well as non-VR games on the show floor.

Props to the staff at Moscone for making the process super smooth and efficient. From getting into the center, being directed to line, getting my badge & bag, and exiting, it all took less than 10 minutes.

Walking back towards Powell station after picking up my stuff I saw Shu and I think Michael Denny walking with a group and Shu got stopped like every 5 feet to take pictures with people. People are hyped.

Trevelyan

Banned
All the RIGS spot were filled up almost immediately :\ I did snag multiple PSVR spots though over the course of the two days, so I plan on at least checking out a bunch of the other stuff as well as non-VR games on the show floor.

Props to the staff at Moscone for making the process super smooth and efficient. From getting into the center, being directed to line, getting my badge & bag, and exiting, it all took less than 10 minutes.

Walking back towards Powell station after picking up my stuff I saw Shu and I think Michael Denny walking with a group and Shu got stopped like every 5 feet to take pictures with people. People are hyped.

Yeah, I just got home, and I must say, it was very efficient. Many thanks to the people at Moscone and Sony for making badge pickup incredibly painless.

The Rigs spots were limited to 12 people per session I believe.

Oh yeah I know... I just mean that I was in line with everyone else when the clock struck noon and they allowed RSVPs and it was gone within a minute. I went to RSVP an open spot but by the time I clicked it that spot had been filled; I back out to the other time slots and they were all filled up lol It's fine. I'll survive :)

5ABjToE.jpg

bnLkt8n.jpg

Nicko

Thanks a lot to you and your awesome wife!

Shenmue

Banned

5ABjToE.jpg

bnLkt8n.jpg

Nicko

Damn! Sonygaf indeed.

As in Sony fans on GAF are super generous and nice to each other.

Priz

Yikes. I'm still debating between driving or taking CalTrain (coming from San Jose). Which one is safer I wonder?
If you're going to the meetup in the evening and take CalTrain up I can give you a ride home when we head back right to whatever CalTrain station you park at (closest to my house is the Santa Clara station, second closest is the one near SAP Center where the Sharks play IIRC).

Damn, all the VR Demos are already full. Super lame.

I'm sure there'll be plenty opportunities to get hands-on with the kit if you don't RSVP via the app. Sony knows not all the attendees are going to be packing a smart phone, or at least not in a position to use their data while at the event.

Top Bottom