• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

Toparaman

Banned
If you're going to the meetup in the evening and take CalTrain up I can give you a ride home when we head back right to whatever CalTrain station you park at (closest to my house is the Santa Clara station, second closest is the one near SAP Center where the Sharks play IIRC).

Thanks for the offer. I think I'm going to leave earlier though.

edit:
http://abc7news.com/news/man-in-critical-condition-after-shooting-in-sf-parking-garage/1100102/

Uhh, now I'm really thinking I should just take CalTrain.

Looking at some of the check-in rewards, looks like I'll need to make time for a panel so that I can check off one of the boxes needed to get $10 PSN credit.

Do the check-ins register automatically as long as the app is running or do I need to clink in on the particular event e.g. "Amplitude Demo" while participating?

Looking at some of the check-in rewards, looks like I'll need to make time for a panel so that I can check off one of the boxes needed to get $10 PSN credit.

Do the check-ins register automatically as long as the app is running or do I need to clink in on the particular event e.g. "Amplitude Demo" while participating?

$10 psn credit? Which ones that?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the booths will have lots of goodies to give away... I want to line up ASAP for the keynote, but now I'm worried that the goodies will be handed out by the time it's over...

Priz

I hope the booths will have lots of goodies to give away... I want to line up ASAP for the keynote, but now I'm worried that the goodies will be handed out by the time it's over...
Nope! I'm sure most people will be at keynote to the point that most stuff will still be available after it ends.

$10 psn credit? Which ones that?

Duuuuude there are a ton of rewards available at this event-- mostly of the theme & avatar variety-- but still, some cool things:

PSX App -> Rewards -> then just scroll down through them, tap on a reward to see the requirements.

The one I'm talking about is "$10 PSN Voucher", between Alienation & UC4 rewards.

The tasks needed:

- Check in @ 'The Playstation Network' between 12/4 5:00AM - 12/6 11:00PM
- Check in @ 15 places; Check in at 13 different waypoints (because you'll check into 2/15 by fulfilling this reward)
- Check in at a PSX Panel

That won't happen the first day. Maybe some of the super popular stuff by the end of it, but that's a big maybe.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nope! I'm sure most people will be at keynote to the point that most stuff will still be available after it ends.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

That won't happen the first day. Maybe some of the super popular stuff by the end of it, but that's a big maybe.

Hopefully they have enough. I've had my share of "sorry, we already ran out!" in the past, but it's not like it had a big conference at the same time, either. I'm sure I'll be good, as long as I rush to the ones I want to go to, right away.

Also hoping to make this a possible career endeavor, but guess I shall see.

Se_7_eN

BruceLeeRoy (who I assume is 'connected') said they won't be there

giphy.gif

Duuuuude there are a ton of rewards available at this event-- mostly of the theme & avatar variety-- but still, some cool things:

PSX App -> Rewards -> then just scroll down through them, tap on a reward to see the requirements.

The one I'm talking about is "$10 PSN Voucher", between Alienation & UC4 rewards.

The tasks needed:

- Check in @ 'The Playstation Network' between 12/4 5:00AM - 12/6 11:00PM
- Check in @ 15 places; Check in at 13 different waypoints (because you'll check into 2/15 by fulfilling this reward)
- Check in at a PSX Panel

Oh well that looks new! It didnt exist 2 hours ago at least. Thanks for the heads up.

Mikey Jr.

BruceLeeRoy (who I assume is 'connected') said they won't be there

Yeah, but then someone said

"But verendus said they'll be there" and Bruce is like "Oh, he said that? Then disregard what I said. My info must be old"

or something like that. So don't give up hope.

I might be dropping into the city tonight with my friend for a moment to grab badges... anyone want their GAF badge early? haha

I knew RIGS RSVPS opened at 12 but I was in traffic. Didn't get a chance to login until 12:20 and all gone of course. Did book a slot for the PSVR demo though. I think a lot of peeps booked multiple slots compounding the problem. Poor way to handle it. So does that mean there won't be a chance to demo RIGS without an RSVP?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I should start getting ready to head over with friends to get badges... 3DS is taking its sweet time in charging, today.

Cudder

Got to my hotel in Union Square a bit ago! Just waiting on my phone to charge a bit then I'm gonna catch a cable/street car to Fisherman's Wharf and see what's what. In N Out here I come.

godl!ke

Neo Member
Is anyone else having trouble with redeeming the PSN code they got in the goodie bag? My PS4 keeps on telling me that the code is invalid.

Any guesses on what they could be announcing for new exclusives tomorrow?

On one hand they have announced a nice number of new games during E3 and PGW, but it wouldn't be Sony if they weren't going to announce even more. You can say what you want about Sony...but they always have a nice selection of exclusives almost every year. With PS4 so far though...it has been kinda slow, with a few exceptions.

So, 7:00am doors open for badges, then rush to the keynote at 8:00am.

Let's see how fast I can go from the badge line to the keynote line. I'm not going to come much earlier than 7.

I thought doors opened at 8. I didn't see anything in the email Sony sent out that badge holders will have the doors opened first. Perhaps they open at 8 and those in a "with badges" line get to go in first, followed by others?

whew... thought I missed or lost something hahah

as for redeeming it, just did it now with no issues.

Top Bottom