• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

Roto13

I can't beat anything after puzzle 66. I feel beyond stupid.

Somebody please explicitly state how to clear 67 in the hope it'll teach me to not be rubbish, thx.

Pull the pink out all the way,
go into the left square,
pull the lower right white out all the way by grabbing it from the side,
climb up onto the white square and push the pink in one level,
jump from the white into the right box,
pull the lower left blue out all the way,
climb on top of it and pull the pink out all the way,
pull the lower right white out as far as you can,
pull the upper left white out all the way,
push the pink in one space,
climb up to the upper white,
climb up on top of the pink.

EDIT: Oh, wait, fuck, that's 61 XD

EDIT 2: And I'm beaten to the punch on level 67 anyway. Blah. Waste of time. xP

vall03

dammit GAF! been seeing this thread for a while now, then watched a trailer, then bought the game, played it and loved it! and I still need to study for my exams! fuuuuu

Tyeforce

Pushmo #107 has got me completely stumped... I feel like I've tried everything and there's just no solution at all... .__.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Man, there are so many puzzles, I've already put in almost 5 hours into this game and I've only done half the puzzles, plus a few premade puzzles. The fact that it was 7 dollars makes me kinda feel like I stole it. I could see this as a retail release. Especially if they added timed leader boards or something.

Pull the bottom blue one all the way out, then pull pink out two, then white out one. Now push pink all the way back in, and pull white out all the way from the left side. Pink out one, top blue out two.

I'm such a dumbass. I did most of that but kept falling down the right side.

Pushmo #107 has got me completely stumped... I feel like I've tried everything and there's just no solution at all... .__.

I had an easier time solving number 107 than the similar puzzle that came some time before it (#number 101). Here's how to solve it if you want:

Pull the first four blocks on the left all the way out, then climb on top of them using the last three on the right. Then pull the first and third blocks on the top row from the left out by one square. Then go back to the bottom, and you basically have to switch the bottom row around so the last four on the right are pulled out all the way and you can climb up to them using the first three on the left. Then just arrange the blocks on the right part of the top row so you can climb up to the top, and jump over to the flag.

Tyeforce

I had an easier time solving number 107 than the similar puzzle that came some time before it (#number 101). Here's how to solve it if you want:

Pull the first four blocks on the left all the way out, then climb on top of them using the last three on the right. Then pull the first and third blocks on the top row from the left out by one square. Then go back to the bottom, and you basically have to switch the bottom row around so the last four on the right are pulled out all the way and you can climb up to them using the first three on the left. Then just arrange the blocks on the right part of the top row so you can climb up to the top, and jump over to the flag.
Wow, I can't believe I didn't think to do that, lol. Thanks!

BooJoh

I just got to #145. The music for this set of puzzles is a nice touch. Little things like that really show that they were dedicated to making a great little game, even if it's just a downloadable title.

CoolS

Damn you CoolS. Your thread made me buy this game and I can see myself spending hours on this game. (I already had Picross 3D as one of my puzzle game time sinks, I didn't need another one. -_-)

I'm sorry and you're welcome :)

dammit GAF! been seeing this thread for a while now, then watched a trailer, then bought the game, played it and loved it! and I still need to study for my exams! fuuuuu

Same to you but don't worry it's the same for me :(

Tyeforce

Okay, here's my first Pushmo. I hope it hasn't already been done before...

FURJz.jpg

It's pretty easy, at least I think so. I tried making it harder, but it's hard to make it hard. XD

watershed

Banned
I have a question kinda related to a question I asked before. Last time I asked if I had to get further in the game before I could scan certain QR codes which used more advanced stuff like ladders and manholes. I've done that and can now scan those QR codes. But I just tried to scan the cave story QR code and it told me I need to "power up my pushmo studio" before I can scan that QR code. Does that mean I need to make my own custom puzzle using those new elements before I can scan QR codes that use them?

BooJoh

I have a question kinda related to a question I asked before. Last time I asked if I had to get further in the game before I could scan certain QR codes which used more advanced stuff like ladders and manholes. I've done that and can now scan those QR codes. But I just tried to scan the cave story QR code and it told me I need to "power up my pushmo studio" before I can scan that QR code. Does that mean I need to make my own custom puzzle using those new elements before I can scan QR codes that use them?

No, after you've done the ladder and manhole tutorial levels, keep playing and when you reach a certain point... I think it was #109, you'll unlock the larger canvas. I think that's the last time you'll need to upgrade your studio.

watershed

Banned
No, after you've done the ladder and manhole tutorial levels, keep playing and when you reach a certain point... I think it was #109, you'll unlock the larger canvas. I think that's the last time you'll need to upgrade your studio.

Cool, thanks.

I'm sorry and you're welcome :)

Same to you but don't worry it's the same for me :(

Thank you for the recommendation :D. I am already at puzzle 52 since my last post.

ALso, I haven't had a chance to check, but is there a limit to the user created puzzles I can read?

Roto13

sometimes the levels dont present enough platforming(more pullling and pushing).....so heres one i did to fill the void.

Iw1rV.jpg

Huh, interesting. I'm going to try this one.

EDIT: Yeah, I like this one. :p Not the reason I bought Pushmo but it's a fun change of pace. And it's still a little bit of a puzzle.

Huh, interesting. I'm going to try this one.

EDIT: Yeah, I like this one. :p Not the reason I bought Pushmo but it's a fun change of pace. And it's still a little bit of a puzzle.

really glad you enjoyed it. i threw extra pinks in there so people thought they had alternate ways to go.....but they dont. if enough people like these types of levels ill keep trying to make more.

Cool, I was going to make a level with the same concept but you pulled it off better than I probably ever could.

thanks. the puzzle was not easy. went through 3 revisions and about an hour of tweaking.

jgkspsx

I'm up to 118 without any save one taking more than a few minutes, but for the life of me I can't get 71/challenge 2-17. I've spent 20+ minutes on it. WTF?

For what it's worth, I think the ones with ladders and switches so far are easier than the plain block ones. It makes it easier to see the gimmicks. Though some of the large ones here are mindblowing.

Gonna make some Joust ones. Maybe some other classic Williams games, too. I find it really hard to make playable ones, though. How long are you guys spending on making these?

Sinthetic

Making a level not too difficult isn't a bad thing guys, some of us like puzzles that are pretty low on the difficulty scale. *points at himself*

I had way too much fun on Murals 1. I particularly loved the
Snail, Pencil and Saturn.

Speaking of the last of those I mentioned, it was 3 star level, I did it in about 20 seconds, how does that work?

jgkspsx

I see little connection between star rating and difficulty. Like I said, I'm completely stuck on a four-piece 2-star puzzle, and have breezed through many 3-star puzzles in seconds.

The stars generally give a pretty good indication I think. I agree that #71 is bit difficult, though. I just replayed it and even then it took me a bit to figure out the solution again.

jgkspsx

I just replayed it and even then it took me a bit to figure out the solution again.
Please help :(
So it seems like you need to use the white piece to jump to the blue piece to get to the outer pink piece. I always end up standing like an idiot on the inner pink piece with the white piece and the blue piece at the same position and the outer pink piece all the way in, without anything constructive I can do.

heres another. nothing difficult. enjoy.

QoU5a.jpg

7f5Op.jpg

Not a great level from a gameplay standpoint, but it's Kirby and Kirby isn't supposed to be difficult. :p

why do i feel so much joy walking through your level? it was easy(most seem to be at this point). i guess i just enjoyed walking on kirby.

Please help :(
So it seems like you need to use the white piece to jump to the blue piece to get to the outer pink piece. I always end up standing like an idiot on the inner pink piece with the white piece and the blue piece at the same position and the outer pink piece all the way in, without anything constructive I can do.

Alright

-pull the big pink piece all the way out
-pull the blue piece two spaces out
-pull the inner pink piece thress space out (with the side-pull)
-push the blue piece one space in
-jump on the inner pink piece and pull the white piece two spaces out
-jump on white piece and push the blue piece all the way in
-now push the big pink piece two spaces in (side-pull again)
-jump on the the inner pink piece, pull the blue piece out, voilà

Heh, just did this one. I liked it. Quite the dick move to close the ladder at the end. :p

19.gif

thanks. i didnt want someone to hit the pink switch then just walk over to the red ladder. wouldve been toooo easy.

i wish we had the option to disable the rewind feature for these kind of levels.

edit: heres another....old school NES days.

KCPi6.jpg

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'd like to play some of these levels, but I haven't "advanced" my studio yet. How many more levels to go? I'm currently at No. 95.

7f5Op.jpg

Not a great level from a gameplay standpoint, but it's Kirby and Kirby isn't supposed to be difficult. :p
This level captured the Kirby spirit perfectly.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'd like to play some of these levels, but I haven't "advanced" my studio yet. How many more levels to go? I'm currently at No. 95.
You're very close to unlocking it (at #109), bar getting stuck somewhere (as I did on #107).

You're very close to unlocking it (at #109), bar getting stuck somewhere (as I did on #107).
Of course, if you do get stuck, you can always just skip it. :p That's what I did (got stuck on #107, skipped it for a bit so I could unlock the larger levels first, and came back to it later). Depends if you want to beat the puzzles or unlock the extra stuff for user-made levels more, I suppose.

Top Bottom