• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Fever Announced for PC. ONLINE PLAY!

BuddyC

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3133659
Puyo Puyo Fever is on its way to Windows PCs in Japan this fall, Sega announced today. The sixth version of the newly-revised blob-dropping puzzler (or seventh if you count the Naomi arcade version) is due out on September 29.

Like the Macintosh version released last month, the Windows version will be available as two packages: one, priced at about $45, will contain only the game, while the other, priced at about $65, will include the game and a USB controller based on the second-generation Sega Saturn pad. The prototype version of the pad is a little garishly colored, but its design hasn't been finalized as yet.

Unlike the Macintosh version, meanwhile, the Windows version will support online play, making it the only version of the game with that feature. Players will be able to chat and compete via the Internet for no charge.
media

jarrod

Banned
6th/7th revision? Try again....

01 Naomi GD-ROM
02 PlayStation 2
03 Dreamcast
04 Nintendo GameCube
05 XBox
06 Mac OSX
07 GameBoy Advance
08 Sony PSP
09 Windows PC

...still waiting on the inevitable Nintendo DS, Pocket PC, mobile, N-Gage, Atomiswave and Xenon announcements. ;)

"Like the Macintosh version released last month, the Windows version will be available as two packages: one, priced at about $45, will contain only the game, while the other, priced at about $65, will include the game and a USB controller based on the second-generation Sega Saturn pad"

BOUGHT.

BuddyC

sp0rsk said:
puyo puyo online? oh fuck you mother fuckers its gonna be on like donkey kong.
I challenge you to a duel!

For the curious, here's an explanation of the game I just typed up for Matlock.

Basically you get four (or more) of the same color together and they disappear. You can set up some really crazy chains...and this new mode, Fever, is all crazy awesome because it forces you to balance offensive/defensive strikes - my roommate and i would spend entire afternoons facing off.

basically, when someone pops a few puyos, it drops a dummy puyo on your side, the standard puzzle "garbage" thing, where you have to set off a few puyos around it to get it to go away.

those are set up in a buffer, and they drop after you set down the piece you're currently working with. if you pop a bunch of puyos while that buffer is hanging overhead, you'll reduce it, possible eliminate it and send some over to your opponent's side. but doing that builds up their fever meter which is a special mode where you opponent can get crazy, crazy combos really fast.

usually, the first person to reach fever mode wins...until you learn to start saving up combos for that instance. then it just gets all crazy.

WarPig

Whoops, I forgot the Dreamcast version. PSP goes in line after Windows, since it won't come out for ages...

DFS.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
sp0rsk said:
puyo puyo online? oh fuck you mother fuckers its gonna be on like donkey kong.

Hmm, why the excitement?.....

Puyo Puyo Fever is on its way to Windows PCs *in Japan* this fall

Looks like we're SOL :(

BuddyC

isamu said:
Hi guys...

I was just wondering, can anyone tell me, will this version of Puyo Puyo for Japanese Windows be able to be played on U.S. PCs and over the internet? In other words, how import friendly will this be for us?
You'll be able to play it on US PCs yes, the same goes for internet play. Good luck finding another english speaker though. If it's just a straight port of Puyo Pop, then it will include an English mode.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Hi guys...

I was just wondering, can anyone tell me, will this version of Puyo Puyo for Japanese Windows be able to be played on U.S. PCs and over the internet? In other words, how import friendly will this be for us?

BuddyC

isamu said:
Hi guys...

...I answered your question yesterday. Seriously.

isamu

Rhage

Speaking of Puyo Pop, can anyone find the damn game in stores that just came out for the GameCube about 2 weeks ago? EB doesn't even have it on their site, but GameStop and Amazon do.

isamu

BuddyChrist83 said:
...I answered your question yesterday. Seriously.

Hi Buddy. I apologize I did not notice your response. My bad.

Hmmm, if the game runs on Japanese Windows, even with an attempt to configure it. Won't it be completely incompatible with the US version of windows due to the game's coding designed strictly for a Japanese OS?

BuddyC

isamu said:
Hi Buddy. I apologize I did not notice your response. My bad.

Hmmm, if the game runs on Japanese Windows, even with an attempt to configure it. Won't it be completely incompatible with the US version of windows due to the game's coding designed strictly for a Japanese OS?
Windows is the same around the world, at least on the code level. The game will run. Heck, most of the Japanese will be in graphics, not text. At worst, you'll have to install a Japanese Language Pack.

Top Bottom