• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Man, everyone is at 100 days, I'm only at 98 :(

Just finished Hypno Forest. My Freyr team just BLEW everything away AND I had my first Dub-Emelit encounter. Cool. When should I expect to see evolved Pengdras?

Radav

Just finished Hypno Forest. My Freyr team just BLEW everything away AND I had my first Dub-Emelit encounter. Cool. When should I expect to see evolved Pengdras?

It's possible for them to show up in Hypno Forest and the subsequent tech levels. I think you see a lot more of them in the tech levels after Forbidden Tower. Four tech dungeon runs 1 + egg. Doesn't feel like there's an increase. I was expecting like 1 a run or something.

any of the dungeons after Temple of Trailokya can have Evolved Pengdras show up. It is still a rare encounter, but they are more common on the later dungeons. I have a Water Evolved Pengdra show up about 1 every 10 times in Talos's abyss, still have not had one drop though.

MicH

any of the dungeons after Temple of Trailokya can have Evolved Pengdras show up. It is still a rare encounter, but they are more common on the later dungeons. I have a Water Evolved Pengdra show up about 1 every 10 times in Talos's abyss, still have not had one drop though.

It's possible for them to show up in Hypno Forest and the subsequent tech levels. I think you see a lot more of them in the tech levels after Forbidden Tower. Four tech dungeon runs 1 + egg. Doesn't feel like there's an increase. I was expecting like 1 a run or something.
Thanks guys. I just had my first encounter - a Sapphire Pengdra in the set of dungeons after Hypno Forest. No drop though.My monocolor teams are really breezing through these. The bosses go down in one or two hits. Amazing

EDIT: I'm starting to get +eggs. Just got 2 back to back

daw840

Evolved my Fenrir Knight

19747455-355B-437A-9A62-97200489269E-255-0000001BFB502970_zpsdaa307bc.jpg

Sexy!

MicH

14 Pal pulls: zero gold eggs, one silver, a dark keeper I don't need. Are we sure the event has been activated?
Yeah, people from the Facebook group have been getting Mystic Masks etc. Plus Dark Keepers aren't normally in the Pal machine.

FWIW, I just got my 3rd +egg from technicals. All three have been +RCV eggs, so that's great!

J0dy77

I'm not you g to be complaining about pal pulls for the rest of this event.

NoKtFwIl.jpg

I don't think kings are included in this event, just evo mats.

daw840

Yeah, people from the Facebook group have been getting Mystic Masks etc. Plus Dark Keepers aren't normally in the Pal machine.

FWIW, I just got my 3rd +egg from technicals. All three have been +RCV eggs, so that's great!
Sweet!

Got a keeper of light, a couple dub lits of various colors and some trash I fed to my pengdras out of 10 pulls. I really needed that light keeper too. Now I'll be able to finally evolve my last ripper.

J0dy77

Mythlit dropped in Ice Maze final, CRYSTAL AURORA DRAGON GET.

Now I have:

Crystal Aurora Dragon, Chaos Devil Dragon, Lightning Holy Dragon as rippers. Awesome!

Congrats. Now get that ADK evolved if you haven't already.

x5 droprate on + Eggs will now last the entire duration of the event!

YES!

I'm actually going to have to earn some gold (for the first time in months) this weekend, with all the +1's I will be fusing.

Very good call. Going to have to run Master at least a few times this weekend.

I've come to the realization that I need to spend stones to refresh stamina this week. 10 stones for the chance at all of these +1 and Super Kings would be worth so much more to me than disapointing

Any Tips on Talos's abyss Last stage? I have wasted about 40 stamina this morning. The first round I ran an all Blue Dual Noel team (44k HP) and got to the final boss, but his desperation move killed me with only a little HP left on him (probably should have stoned and killed him, but Hindsight...)

The next round I attempted an offensive Light team (with Ammy Oh healing as my blue team could never recover HP fast enough despite the 4x RCV) Got to around round 5 and two dark demons pop up on 1 timers. I got 1 down, but the second locks my Light monsters and I die before they come back.

The last round I ran a dual resist all Dark team (Dual Dark Hades, and a 50% dark resist) Got to about round 6 and then two blue ogres pop up, and I there are no more dark orbs on the field. They charge and kill me before I can kill them.

Are any of these on the right track? I could pop in my drawn Joker for the Dual Resist all dark team, but I am not sure I want to go that route. Maybe If I have a Evolved Artemis pop up on the friends list, I could run the blue team again (2 x atk, 4x HP, 2x RCV).

Any thoughts? What did you run to get through Talos's abyss? ( this is the first regular technical that I have had issues with in a long time)

Uthred

I know its RNG and all, but ran quite a few tech dungeons 0 +1's, fed 25 various coloured harpies to my 3* harpie 0 skill-ups. Oh gung ho you terrible bastards

ok, question.

I pulled from the Rare.
i know....i know!! Wanted a water though
. and pulled a mystic flame knight w/ a +RCV.

soo....use for a skillup to my phoenix knight (which won't happen) or use as an +RCV?

OTIX

Any Tips on Talos's abyss Last stage? I have wasted about 40 stamina this morning. The first round I ran an all Blue Dual Noel team (44k HP) and got to the final boss, but his desperation move killed me with only a little HP left on him (probably should have stoned and killed him, but Hindsight...)

The next round I attempted an offensive Light team (with Ammy Oh healing as my blue team could never recover HP fast enough despite the 4x RCV) Got to around round 5 and two dark demons pop up on 1 timers. I got 1 down, but the second locks my Light monsters and I die before they come back.

The last round I ran a dual resist all Dark team (Dual Dark Hades, and a 50% dark resist) Got to about round 6 and then two blue ogres pop up, and I there are no more dark orbs on the field. They charge and kill me before I can kill them.

Are any of these on the right track? I could pop in my drawn Joker for the Dual Resist all dark team, but I am not sure I want to go that route. Maybe If I have a Evolved Artemis pop up on the friends list, I could run the blue team again (2 x atk, 4x HP, 2x RCV).

Any thoughts? What did you run to get through Talos's abyss? ( this is the first regular technical that I have had issues with in a long time)
I didn't even know the boss had a big attack. Just use an ADK team and oneshot him, apparently he only has 340k HP.

MicH

ok, question.

I pulled from the Rare.
i know....i know!! Wanted a water though
. and pulled a mystic flame knight w/ a +RCV.

soo....use for a skillup to my phoenix knight (which won't happen) or use as an +RCV?
Skill up. Always. You will get far more RCV eggs than you will Flame Knights.

Decided to pull, too. Fuma Kotaro. The light ninja. Pretty damn cool, and I now have all the ninjas... EXCEPT THR BLUE WHICH I DESPERATELY NEED :( AND RIGHT NOW IS BLUE EVENT. WHY OH WHY

Radav

Decided to pull, too. Fuma Kotaro. The light ninja. Pretty damn cool, and I now have all the ninjas... EXCEPT THR BLUE WHICH I DESPERATELY NEED :( AND RIGHT NOW IS BLUE EVENT. WHY OH WHY

LOL, You've got them all but blue? Damn man. Congrats!

Skill up. Always. You will get far more RCV eggs than you will Flame Knights.

Well, since an MSK is more rare than a +RCV, I would try for the skillup.

this game and its RNG can go straight to hell

no skillup

MicH

LOL, You've got them all but blue? Damn man. Congrats!
Yep. Got Sasuke (wind ninja) when we got 5.0 and Chiyome (fire) and Hanzo (dark) last God Fest. While these are usable to me, I don't have a use for Funa yet. Really want the blue one. But they're great! High stats, cool or changers.

ccbfan

Is there any character with.

2x HP/ATK for healers?

I would love to partner with one of those?

The blue ninja is 1.5 HP/ATK/RCV which is good but extra RCV isn't exactly needed for healers.

Also are the new healers out yet (The ones with 2.5 HP to healers), I haven't seen any of them yet.

Wanchan

Went from Faithless Temple with No Name to Shrine of Blazing Woods, not even a single + mob.

Pulled 15 PAL eggs, got no EVO mats, only a few rippers.

[10:56:34] <Cosmo_Clock_21> wait is JP godfest on
[10:56:38] <Emalde-AND> yes
[10:57:04] <Cosmo_Clock_21> horus
[10:57:06] <Cosmo_Clock_21> I'm done
[10:57:24] <Cosmo_Clock_21> good godfest guys

Talk about impulse rolls...

So far this seems more like a troll fest. I have 12 stones now, at the end of this event ill have 22. Then in about 25 days ill have 10 more for my 100 day login so 32, and then hopefully add a few more through dungeons and get around 35 for some serious pulling next event.

Is there any character with.

2x HP/ATK for healers?

I would love to partner with one of those?

The blue ninja is 1.5 HP/ATK/RCV which is good but extra RCV isn't exactly needed for healers.

Also are the new healers out yet (The ones with 2.5 HP to healers), I haven't seen any of them yet.
Evolved Ares, I&I are i think.

From the gamingside thread about PAD-Z:
Pokemon + Bejeweled except with far deeper gameplay than a combination of those two games would suggest. You could fill novels writing about the nuances of gameplay and team building strategies.

Some new info from scans:
- Winter 2013 targeted release date
- 200+ monsters, some exclusive to PAD-Z, some from the iOS/Android version
- Looking like a spinoff ala Maplestory DS / Ragnarok Odyssey instead of a port
- Probably not going to be F2P

The scan provides a link to http://pad.3ds.gungho.jp, but that site hasn't gone live yet.

You can't field an ADK team? Was able to plow through the series with that. Finally at hill if iris.

For fun I ran the 4th stage with a Zeus helper. Barely made it out alive.

And I can report that the event has been pretty crappy for me too. 10 runs in techs and only 2 +eggs. My last run had zero drops. No skill ups either. Mehhhhhhhh

Don't know if GungHo forgot to up the drop rate for +1 eggs in the Tech dungeons, but like other people are experiencing, it sure doesn't seem any better than it normally does. In fact it may even be worse. Maybe someone made a mistake and DIVIDED the drop rate instead of MULTIPLIED. Lol. I don't know, but I'm gonna slow my roll on Tech runs for now and only play with available stamina outside of Jewel Dragons until people start seeing much higher drop rates or until Monday comes around.

Don't know if GungHo forgot to up the drop rate for +1 eggs in the Tech dungeons, but like other people are experiencing, it sure doesn't seem any better than it normally does. In fact it may even be worse. Maybe someone made a mistake and DIVIDED the drop rate instead of MULTIPLIED. Lol. I don't know, but I'm gonna slow my roll on Tech runs for now and only play with available stamina outside of Jewel Dragons until people start seeing much higher drop rates or until Monday comes around.

Watch it be like when they were supposed to double the skillup rate last Godfest but actually halved it... I mean there was no official confirmation of that, but it sure felt like it...

Radav

Watch it be like when they were supposed to double the skillup rate last Godfest but actually halved it... I mean there was no official confirmation of that, but it sure felt like it...

Yeah, I do wonder about stuff like this. Did anyone else think we'd be getting like 2 or 3 eggs a run with 5x the increased rate? At least 1 per run but for now they're non existant.

Has anyone run into a Super King yet? I just know the first time I run the metal dragon dungeons Im going to forget to bring something besides my ADK team and I'll end up very sad.

daemissary

drop rates always seem better for me later in the day. All i need is a dub mythlit and Mystick mask. Cant wait for my ares.

Same here. I always wait until people have confirmed it is working for them before I pull/run dungeons/feed skill ups because I'm pretty sure there is a delay and the switch isn't getting flipped when we think it is.

Yeah, I do wonder about stuff like this. Did anyone else think we'd be getting like 2 or 3 eggs a run with 5x the increased rate? At least 1 per run but for now they're non existant.

Has anyone run into a Super King yet? I just know the first time I run the metal dragon dungeons Im going to forget to bring something besides my ADK team and I'll end up very sad.

I figured at least 1/run or 1/2runs. I'm at about 0 for 4 runs so far, which seems low even w/o the increased drop rate.

Isn't x5 +1s only on Monday?

changed to all week (supposedly)

MicH

Damn. I really fucking want a lil blue dragon but I've never even seen one. Grrrr
You can get one from the Legendary Icedragon when he returns in a bit over a week from now (following the Ancient Icedragon)

The lil' blue dragon eluded me for so long you wouldn't believe it. For so long, that I never bothered evolving it as I got far better monsters.

Kosh

Apparently the schedule was wrong.

UPDATED Metal Dragons 2x king appearance (15 Stamina) 4/12/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

MicH

Apparently the schedule was wrong.

UPDATED Metal Dragons 2x king appearance (15 Stamina) 4/12/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00
I knew something was wrong :( Missed my hour... Oh well

Damn. I'm at about 2k xp to level with 51/71 stamina....and metal dragons are in 2.5 hours. Guess I need to take a break.

Whats the best way to tackle these Super Kings
that I wont see
? Charge and Shiva, or Resist/Heal + poison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom