• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

No you can farm it. But its pretty difficult and I would expect most of us run out of friends to run that place rather quickly.

Tomorrow is Ruby Dragons apparently. I wish I had something to level, Titan or something.
Since I don't I can get Echidna to 99, but her stat curve is so shitty that it is hardly worth the effort. Lol.

75>99 is 150 Health, 80 ATK, 47 RCV.

I guess everything helps, but this is pretty shitty for a few mil of exp.

KuroNeeko

I'm rocking my Chiyome team and the difference between pre-evo and final evo is absurd. I'm finally experiencing what it's like to just blow through Expert dungeons. Teams are rocking about 22000 HP and ATK x 4 is very nice.

The only thing is, I'm starting to wonder - what's the advantage of going an all balance team with 4x HP and ATK, when I can go ADK / Dragon party for 6.25 ATK and blow through things even faster? Is the HP and liberal orb switchers?

Just seems like they're are a ton of ADK parties and very few Chiyome parties... I guess it doesn't help that Chiyo me a 5-star pull and MSK is only 3.

lol, just used all my stones for 4 pulls, got a Fairlio, Mystic Dark Knight, Mystic Light knight, and Drall.
Thx GungHo!

(on JP god fest)

Hey! I'm on the JP version as well! I'm in the middle of a run right now so I can't post my friend code but put yours up mayne and I'll send an invite!

SN: kuroNeeko

Cr0wn0

Ran dragons 9 or 10 times today 1 king and regulars other then that. Ran boss iris 7 or 8 times one plus egg. This event is bullshit. My isis needs the plus and I was hoping to max her with a few kings today. Only need about 160k xp. This game is really starting to feel like a marathon more then ever.

Ashodin

Ran dragons 9 or 10 times today 1 king and regulars other then that. Ran boss iris 7 or 8 times one plus egg. This event is bullshit. My isis needs the plus and I was hoping to max her with a few kings today. Only need about 160k xp. This game is really starting to feel like a marathon more then ever.

+1 eggs start on monday bro

daw840

Just got 3 kings out of 4 runs....IDK.

Nope. It was assumed it was MONDAY ONLY, then they changed it to that entire week.

Directly from the facebook page:

4/12 (Fri) 12:00 AM - 4/21 (Sun) 11:59 PM PDT
x5 drop rate for + Eggs in the Technical Dungeons. Grab as many as you can to power up your favorite Monster!

It was supposed to start today. Not sure if it did though.

They posted this in one of the Facebook comments from other people complaining (including myself lol)

We have confirmed that the x5 +Egg drop rate is activated. Please be aware, +Eggs are usually a very rare occurrence, and while this event has tremendously increased their appearance rate, you are still not guaranteed to receive them during a run.

Ashodin

Directly from the facebook page:

4/12 (Fri) 12:00 AM - 4/21 (Sun) 11:59 PM PDT
x5 drop rate for + Eggs in the Technical Dungeons. Grab as many as you can to power up your favorite Monster!

It was supposed to start today. Not sure if it did though.

huh. I am guessing it's not working yet though.

Cr0wn0

What happens when you need 6K to Max your Isis?
LzFgTXfl.png

Still worth it!!

fHx4egBl.png

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Been re-rolling for a while with nothing good to show for it until, on what I decided would be my last roll of the night, I pulled a Lakshmi. Worth keeping, or should I keep re-rolling?

Pacman2k

+ Egg bonus is definitely working for me now. I just ran through Talos's Abyss start to finish and got 1 or 2 eggs on each level.

Hope this keeps up.

+ Egg bonus is definitely working for me now. I just ran through Talos's Abyss start to finish and got 1 or 2 eggs on each level.

Hope this keeps up.
Maybe GungHo increase the appearance/drop rate even more following all of the complaints. *Off to see if it's true*

edit: 4 runs of last level of Hill of Iris. Got 1 +egg.

OTIX

Maybe GungHo increase the appearance/drop rate even more following all of the complaints. *Off to see if it's true*

edit: 4 runs of last level of Hill of Iris. Got 1 +egg.
Well Iris was not included on the first tech bonus Monday. Maybe they made the same mistake this time. Or maybe it's deliberate, 5x on Iris would be pretty crazy.

Colby

Yea my last dungeon did not show up either.

I think the updated list was still wrong. I had my first Metal Dragon dungeon at 8 this morning, and the list said my first should have started at 1.

Did we figure out if we're getting a God fest? I'm tempted to pull. I know, I know, not outside of an event, but my strongest team, by far, is water, and I would LOVE to have four or five of these water guys in order to really make the team shine. I know my chances of getting what I want are slim, but I'd be willing to take that chance. Of course, I'll wait for a God day if it's coming up soon-ish...

J0dy77

I've been running tech dungeons this morning, 5 runs and no + eggs. Ran 3 trailokya and 2 Iris.

The Gungho post pretty much confirms my thoughts. 5x a very small number is still a small number. Looks like Monday will be the main farm day.

ParityBit

So I just noticed, my friend list has an extreme lack of healers. Is everyone using mine or do people no longer use them? lol

I cant use any of my other guys because I will have no healing!

SaberVulcan

So sorry if this was asked before, on phone and searching isnt very fun. I never bothered with Master weekend dungeon, and since im 500exp from leveling with 3. Stamina, figured id try it. Any tips for doing it? I dont have access to a strong red or green team. Just blue. Would a mono blue be able to brute force it? Will i need odin or toytops for the boss level?

thanks in advance.

Kosh

I'm trying to make it to Hill of Iris before Monday. I just went through all 5 levels of Temple of Trailokya, Hypno Forest, and Creek of Neleus. Not a single +1.

So I just noticed, my friend list has an extreme lack of healers. Is everyone using mine or do people no longer use them? lol

Generally, I'm running a mono-color team...so healing manually. I imagine most people do the same. resist+autoheal is still my go-to for special dungeons.

Kosh

I haven't seen a schedule yet, but some are reporting Group A had Ruby Dragons up at 6am PDT. Schedule seems screwed up, that's why some folks didn't see their last metal dragons yesterday.

Yeah, I think most folks are running mono color with Greek, Norse, or Indian God leaders.

Kosh

Schedule is up, it reflects the new starting times. Not sure if this is permanent or if GungHo just screwed it up.

[US]
-Legendary Flame Dragon 2x drop rate starting 12:00 PDT ending 21:59 PDT
-Weekend Dungeon 1.5x coins
-Ruby Dragons 2x king appearance (20 Stamina, 5 rounds) 4/13/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

SCHEDULE TIME HAS CHANGED!
It seems like the schedule is starting at 6am PDT now. Will have to watch it for a few days to see if its the event that changed it temporarily or if its a permanent change...probably give it to the end of this event since that is what caused a discrepancy to begin with. Sorry for the inconvenience!

A: 6:00 11:00 16:00
B: 7:00 12:00 17:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

~The schedule is subject to change.~

Spring Fever Event!!

4/12(Fri) - 4/21(Sun)
a. 1 free Magic Stone per day (final Magic Stone may be distributed early on the 22)
b. x5 drop rate for + Eggs in the Technical Dungeons.
c. x2 King Dragon rates: Metal/Gold/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Dungeons will appear, and even the SUPER King Dragons might show up!
d. x2 drops/x1.5 Coins for special daily Dungeons
e. x2 Skill Up rate
f. Increased Rare EVO Material drop rates at the PAL Egg

ParityBit

Generally, I'm running a mono-color team...so healing manually. I imagine most people do the same. resist+autoheal is still my go-to for special dungeons.

Yeah, I think most folks are running mono color with Greek, Norse, or Indian God leaders.

Ok so I guess I should try making a mono-color team, or an Isis team at this point. I may need some help with this. Probably most parts need to be leveled up.

Should I go Isis team?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to go ahead and roll with Lakshmi as my initial pull. My problem is that right now I only have 26 total cost for my team while Lakshmi herself costs 20. Right now I'm only able to stock Lakshmi, Flamie, Bubblie, Woodsie, and a Black Fighter before I run out of cost. Having a tough time getting kills. I've been saving my machine pulls just in case god week happens and because I'm early enough in the game to not NEED special monsters right now. If I don't use my Lakshmi I can put together a solid-ish team of Tyran, Black Fighter, and a mix of goblins and carbuncles.

With my Lakshmi should I just be rolling out a full water team anyway, even this early when that means it will basically all be bubblies? I'm rank 9, just made it to the Tower of Trials.

SaberVulcan

Decided to go ahead and roll with Lakshmi as my initial pull. My problem is that right now I only have 26 total cost for my team while Lakshmi herself costs 20. Right now I'm only able to stock Lakshmi, Flamie, Bubblie, Woodsie, and a Black Fighter before I run out of cost. Having a tough time getting kills.

With my Lakshmi should I just be rolling out a full water team anyway, even this early? I'm rank 9, just made it to the Tower of Trials.

my initial pull was blue odin and i didnt use him until almost a month into my playing. Lakshmi is a solid pull..

as for your team, i ran 5 colors until like rank 40.. Until people here told me it was retarded xD. That said, try and level up blue and whatever color your current leader is, should be starter. Try to get a solid duo or tri color team to start off, IMO, focusing on blue for your Lak when you can use it.i

OTIX

I've been running tech dungeons this morning, 5 runs and no + eggs. Ran 3 trailokya and 2 Iris.

The Gungho post pretty much confirms my thoughts. 5x a very small number is still a small number. Looks like Monday will be the main farm day.
But the thing is that for Iris it's not a small number, you get plenty of +1 eggs there, at least when it's 1.5x. You would expect to get tons of them during 5x but it's clearly not happening. We will see on Monday.

So sorry if this was asked before, on phone and searching isnt very fun. I never bothered with Master weekend dungeon, and since im 500exp from leveling with 3. Stamina, figured id try it. Any tips for doing it? I dont have access to a strong red or green team. Just blue. Would a mono blue be able to brute force it? Will i need odin or toytops for the boss level?

thanks in advance.
I have run Master with a medium leveled mono red team (avg lvl 60) and a relatively low leveled green team (avg lvl 30). If your blue team is any good at all you should have no trouble. Only issue would be two green carbuncles on the last level, but an orochi or several orb changers for a big combo solve that.

On the subject of mono color teams, I could use some help deciding how to form my green team. Here are my options:

Leaders
Parvati tGG (lvl 29)
HD Artemis (lvl 12)
Freyja (lvl 35)

Subs
Cu Chulainn (lvl 32)
ADK (lvl 53)
Awoken Odin (lvl 54)
Earth Golem (lvl 4)
Unused Leaders

I can't decide which leader to focus on. As far as friends go, I have several high level Artemis and a few Parvati. Also I've been using Odin as a sub, but I'm wondering if it will be better to put a fully evolved earth mech in there. Way less ATK and RCV but a decent HP boost and a much more useful skill. Thoughts?

Radav

I have run Master with a medium leveled mono red team (avg lvl 60) and a relatively low leveled green team (avg lvl 30). If your blue team is any good at all you should have no trouble. Only issue would be two green carbuncles on the last level, but an orochi or several orb changers for a big combo solve that.

On the subject of mono color teams, I could use some help deciding how to form my green team. Here are my options:

Leaders
Parvati tGG (lvl 29)
HD Artemis (lvl 12)
Freyja (lvl 35)

Subs
Cu Chulainn (lvl 32)
ADK (lvl 53)
Awoken Odin (lvl 54)
Earth Golem (lvl 4)
Unused Leaders

I can't decide which leader to focus on. As far as friends go, I have several high level Artemis and a few Parvati. Also I've been using Odin as a sub, but I'm wondering if it will be better to put a fully evolved earth mech in there. Way less ATK and RCV but a decent HP boost and a much more useful skill. Thoughts?

Here's my suggestion. I just started running a mono-green team and am loving it so far. I'd suggest going:

Frejya - Leader
Artemis - High attack + Orb Changer
ADK - Orb changer
Awoken Odin - Great stats overall I have one myself and can't really get myself to not use him.
Chu Chu - Heart ---> Orb Changer invaluable on mono color teams.

And pair yourself with an Artemis as much as you can. You'll be rolling through most dungeons with ease. Then you can sub in your Earth Golem if you feel you need more survivability. Parvati is also a great option for a sub as well. Her active gives you heart orbs and she has great stats. You really have some nice options for your green team.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
my initial pull was blue odin and i didnt use him until almost a month into my playing. Lakshmi is a solid pull..

as for your team, i ran 5 colors until like rank 40.. Until people here told me it was retarded xD. That said, try and level up blue and whatever color your current leader is, should be starter. Try to get a solid duo or tri color team to start off, IMO, focusing on blue for your Lak when you can use it.i

Thanks.

As far as the mechanics of the friend stuff, when I pop up on somebody else's screen is the monster that I used last as my leader that shows up or is it whoever was in the team last selected on the "edit team" screen? I've been using my starter as my leader (with the aforementioned goblin team) in actual dungeons but before I log off I go to edit team, navigate to the Lakshmi team, then close and log off, assuming that Lakshmi will get me more friend requests than Tyran.

Musan

I'll be on vacation for 2 weeks in Europe, but I'll try to check in from time to time, especially with the social events going on.

Kosh

Ok so I guess I should try making a mono-color team, or an Isis team at this point. I may need some help with this. Probably most parts need to be leveled up.

Should I go Isis team?

Here are the mono color teams I'm using. Some aren't as leveled or evolved as I'd like yet.

MQwEwxD.jpg

qivhnKJ.jpg

EYCWizM.jpg

1elUyST.jpg

imQCESN.jpg

Radav

Oh my lord Max Murai's Satan Descended run...
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv133386293

EDIT: hahaha Max is freaking out because he sacrificed his +77 Duke Vamp Lord and +297 ADK to power up his Satan team, which were some of his oldest monsters. Apparently someone on his friendslist was watching the stream and +297'd his Ra for Max too

Wow! I'd have a really hard time cannibalizing stuff I had like that. Pretty cool video. I love these really hard dungeons. Bring on more of them Gungho!

Emalde

Here are the mono color teams I'm using. Some aren't as leveled or evolved as I'd like yet.

<teams>

This is pretty cool and something I hope to do with my massive box of bullshit: http://imgur.com/5cuarDK,gZ4Romw,cIv61Cq,8Dy6vvU,LwrIoiz,AxeGfs8,qpRKGYW
(I have no idea where to start and how long it would take for any individual set)

One of the event dungeons in JP has yielded something pretty nice for me too: http://i.imgur.com/nq5j8fQ.png
(Yet I still haven't managed to max out my Valkyrie from the Drop-porings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom