• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Damn. I'm at about 2k xp to level with 51/71 stamina....and metal dragons are in 2.5 hours. Guess I need to take a break.

Whats the best way to tackle these Super Kings
that I wont see
? Charge and Shiva, or Resist/Heal + poison?
I've personally made a team for the Metal Dragons consisting of:

Neptune (L), LHD, Light Mech, Great Valkyrie, Light Golem Mk3 and AmmyOhkami (L)

I get 50% dark resist, poison, defense break (75%) and autoheal. Pretty damn good.

daw840

With the firedragon Tyrannos he gives x2 to attack and rcv. Does that mean that if you have a 3rd evolution Gigas that its actually -1000 rcv?!?

Anyone know if the ancient dragon drops on Expert?
I've ran it for like 30+ times now, still didn't get it.

Should I focus on running the Technical dungeon instead?

I've personally made a team for the Metal Dragons consisting of:

Neptune (L), LHD, Light Mech, Great Valkyrie, Light Golem Mk3 and AmmyOhkami (L)

I get 50% dark resist, poison, defense break (75%) and autoheal. Pretty damn good.

Well that doesn't help me much lol. I'll probably go with

D/D Hades (L), Lilith, Shiva, something, something, Ammy

daw840

I'm going with CDD(L), Siren, Echidna, graviton dragon, holy dragon, Zues(L)

Hopefully this will give me enough resistance to take on the super king if he shows up. The posion will also help.

That being said. None of my friends have Zues active right now. If anyone has one and would like to friend me that would be swell.

I'm going with CDD(L), Siren, Echidna, graviton dragon, holy dragon, Zues(L)

Hopefully this will give me enough resistance to take on the super king if he shows up. The posion will also help.

That being said. None of my friends have Zues active right now. If anyone has one and would like to friend me that would be swell.

Zeus isn't going to do you much good. Super Kings have 60k defense (right?)...so you would need a combo of at least 20k before Zeus's multplier kicks in. You are better off using an Ammy and letting the poison take care of it

Zeus isn't going to do you much good. Super Kings have 60k defense (right?)...so you would need a combo of at least 20k before Zeus's multplier kicks in. You are better off using an Ammy and letting the poison take care of it
It depends how Zeus is used. Even if you don't have your own Zeus, You could still pair him up with something like a Light Skydragon or anything else which can give him 2x ATK. Combined with Zeus that's 6x ATK, and since Light is strong against Dark, double that to 12x. So you only need to deal a little over 5000 base Light damage. Very doable and obviously much faster which is useful if you're trying to do as many runs as to can in an hour. King Sapphires have the same amount of defense and I easily break those all the time with my ADK due to the weakness matchup.

It depends how Zeus is used. Even if you don't have your own Zeus, You could still pair him up with something like a Light Skydragon or anything else which can give him 2x ATK. Combined with Zeus that's 6x ATK, and since Light is strong against Dark, double that to 12x. So you only need to deal a little over 5000 base Light damage. Very doable and obviously much faster which is useful if you're trying to do as many runs as to can in an hour. King Sapphires have the same amount of defense and I easily break those all the time with my ADK due to the weakness matchup.

I'm with you on that, but he said he'd pair with CDD for resist...meaning only multiplier would be Zeus

SaintR

5 Metal runs

0 Super Kings

5 Kings

3 Highs

Still happy.

I was just about to post about the validity of the actual increase in kings but maybe I'm just having bad luck. I got to do only 3 runs but even on normal days I see kings so I assumed 1 out of 3 chances would fit into the increased rate.

Pacman2k

Anyone know if the ancient dragon drops on Expert?
I've ran it for like 30+ times now, still didn't get it.

It does but is probably astronomically rare. I somehow got it on my first expert run, then did several more (20+) expert runs with no drop.

I eventually got to the point where I could do master and started running that and got a second drop in 2 runs.

If you cant do master, you shouldn't "expect" to get the drop. You'll be lucky if you do.

--

And I'll just take a minute to say fuck you again RNG. I fused the following today:

- Ardbeg + 2x more
- STE + 2x mermaid
- mystic flame knight + another
- CDK + mystic dark knight

No skillups. Not one.

Thanks. :(

Ashodin

Yesssss Kings from Metal Dragons!

Oh homies I'm also running CDD for dark resist if ya'll need it :)

Love Bosstones for running Hades! Kicked ass with him!

3tvnhc.jpg

Don't believe the haters, roll your kings up!

J0dy77

There's definitely an increased king rate today. I've gotten 4 in 6 runs which is amazing for me. I have never gotten multiple in one run.

Yaari

I think we can all agree that Metal Kings are a better use of stamina than the Technical dungeons, even if you don't have anything Dark to level.

I did so and used the stones on my Light stuff, simply because the Tech dungeons are currently not rewarding. You don't notice that 5x at all.

It sounded great but it is pretty pointless IMO. I guess it only shows on Monday, mixed with 1,5% drop. But considering how many you need for a full 250+ team, I would have liked it to be a little more than this.

J0dy77

I think we can all agree that Metal Kings are a better use of stamina than the Technical dungeons, even if you don't have anything Dark to level.

I did so and used the stones on my Light stuff, simply because the Tech dungeons are currently not rewarding. You don't notice that 5x at all.

It sounded great but it is pretty pointless IMO. I guess it only shows on Monday, mixed with 1,5% drop. But considering how many you need for a full 250+ team, I would have liked it to be a little more than this.

I haven't run tech at all yet, focused on Kings to finally evolve my Max Vamp (this will be a huge goal checked off for me). Stayed away after the early results in this thread.

I am starting to think that the 5x sounds better than it actually is. 5X a really small amount might still be a rare chance.

MicH

Finished with my Metal Dragons. Did 8 runs, got 7 Kings and 5 High. Pretty damn good. I love 2x King events :D

No Super King. Are we sure they're in here?

OTIX

Btw guys, super kings will not show up in the metal dragon dungeon. There is a separate super king dungeon which will presumably appear at some point.

I'm getting about a +1 egg per every 5 runs of the last level of Hill of Iris. Which is to say, not any better than normal. I've ran it about 15 times since last night. I've gotten up to 3 +1 eggs in a single run before without any increased drop rates. Unless GungHo messed up the bonus egg drop increase for today and will get around to fixing it, I'm not gonna all-out blitz the Tech dungeons until Monday.

So did anyone run into a Super King, yet? I'm not running Metal Dragons unless it's confirmed Super Kings can appear.

^^^ Edit: Okay. Thanks for the confirmation OTIX.

OTIX

What's the layout like for that dungeon? Just 1 floor with the super king?
As I understand it there are 5 waves. The last one is always a super king and a normal king, so watch out if using resolve. A super king can also show up on any earlier stage but then always alone. A resolve+healer+poison team should work fine as long as your poison is charged for the last wave so you can kill the normal king right away.

This should be it: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/超メタドラ_降臨!

Quantum

had 2 '+' eggs running the first level of the first technical six times.

seems slightly better.

But the truth is quintupling the drop rate might not mean much if the drop rate is insanely low to begin with.

Like the rare pulls - you have no idea what the drop rate is so tripling it doesn't really mean anything.

'lies, damned lies and statistics'

This is ridiculous. All I need is one dub amelit. In 7 runs I haven't gotten one. I've fed away 5 dub mythlits and sold several other colors. Its gotten to the point where I feel like they literally decrease the drop chance if you need the material. Which is bullshit. I just want to evolve my vamp lord :(

SaintR

This is ridiculous. All I need is one dub amelit. In 7 runs I haven't gotten one. I've fed away 5 dub mythlits and sold several other colors. Its gotten to the point where I feel like they literally decrease the drop chance if you need the material. Which is bullshit. I just want to evolve my vamp lord :(

You might be on to something. I ran Tuesday dungeon several times needing dark keepers and only got one. Wasted 2 stones as well. They are sabotaging us.

probably not true but doesn't change our bitterness

had 2 '+' eggs running the first level of the first technical six times.

seems slightly better.

But the truth is quintupling the drop rate might not mean much if the drop rate is insanely low to begin with.

Like the rare pulls - you have no idea what the drop rate is so tripling it doesn't really mean anything.

'lies, damned lies and statistics'
True. But I've run the Tech dungeons enough to have a sense of how often +1 eggs drop, and they're not even on the same rarity planet as rare monster drops like the Healer girls and such. I had much better success during the 1.5x drop rate in Tech dungeons last Monday. You'd think a 5x +1 egg rate would be at least as good. We'll see how frequently they drop come Monday.

Yesssss Kings from Metal Dragons!

Oh homies I'm also running CDD for dark resist if ya'll need it :)

Love Bosstones for running Hades! Kicked ass with him!

Don't believe the haters, roll your kings up!

brofist.

Although I guess no super kings in the normal metal dungeon...no realll point in using him i guess.

Whats the verdict on the increase + eggs?

I've ran a few and haven't noticed any increase.

ain't for shit.

Btw guys, super kings will not show up in the metal dragon dungeon. There is a separate super king dungeon which will presumably appear at some point.

ohhhh. well shit. I'll put Hades up then! 60% resist + poison + Ammy should do it

Quantum

True. But I've run the Tech dungeons enough to have a sense of how often +1 eggs drop, and they're not even on the same rarity planet as rare monster drops like the Healer girls and such. I had much better success during the 1.5x drop rate in Tech dungeons last Monday. You'd think a 5x +1 egg rate would be at least as good. We'll see how frequently they drop come Monday.

honestly - I don't think I've ever seen 2 in the same day before, that being said I haven't gotten far enough in the tech to see the higher drop rates - as for the healer girls my first mermaid took at least 200 runs (I know thats not typical) so I completely agree that the rate is better

I'd love it if there actually was a gungho "troll" algorithm because I swear this game knows how to push my buttons while keeping me playing.

J0dy77

So I'm starting to think rolling on the increased blue might be better than Godfest for me. Neptune, Isis are two of my top 3 wanted. Lakshmi, Hermes and I &I would be nice too.

Someone talk me off the ledge.

Pacman2k

So I'm starting to think rolling on the increased blue might be better than Godfest for me. Neptune, Isis are two of my top 3 wanted. Lakshmi, Hermes and I &I would be nice too.

I just pulled 2 and got a mystic dark knight and alraune.

Dont do it.

Ashodin

Increased blue happens more often than Godfest.

Boom.

Jump! I promise to catch you. =p

I'll actually be disappointed now if they do have an Egyptian/Japanese god fest this Sunday. I wouldn't mind a second Viper Orochi to keep low leveled, since I maxed mine out. But with this Water event, it would come out at Lvl.30, and possibly even a 6* evolved form at Lvl.30.

Radav

NooooOOOOoooOOOooooo! lol Definitely hold strong man. You're much better off waiting for a godfest then trying to pull during their normal element bonus weeks.

J0dy77

NooooOOOOoooOOOooooo! lol Definitely hold strong man. You're much better off waiting for a godfest then trying to pull during their normal element bonus weeks.

I'm just not crazy for that many Gods atm, most I can fill in on my friend list. Blue and red would be the color I'd go after right now.

Yaari

Same here, I've pretty much given up on it, lol.
I like the dragon but Red happens to be the one element I just can't deal with.

It should not take 11 runs to get one dub amelit. I think I am going to start waiting until I already have evo materials before max leveling my monsters. This was freaking brutal.
I've never been more pissed off at this game.

J0dy77

Man this Master level Fire dragon dungeon is kicking my ass. Wasted 40 Stamina too many times!

What team are you running? Dual Meteor, Siren and blue in the middle should be plenty. I brought 2 siren to always keep me full.

If you need an extra Meteor or Fire resist, I can put mine up.

Radav

Same here, I've pretty much given up on it, lol.
I like the dragon but Red happens to be the one element I just can't deal with.

I'm in the same predicament. I don't have a strong enough team to take down legend for this. I'm hoping they'll do an increased drop rate on Sunday so I can try to farm master for him.

Pacman2k

It should not take 11 runs to get one dub amelit. I think I am going to start waiting until I already have evo materials before max leveling my monsters. This was freaking brutal.
I've never been more pissed off at this game.

This is the only way to roll. I ONLY max up my guys when I have evo mats ready to rock. Until then that XP is better spent elsewhere.

As I understand it there are 5 waves. The last one is always a super king and a normal king, so watch out if using resolve. A super king can also show up on any earlier stage but then always alone. A resolve+healer+poison team should work fine as long as your poison is charged for the last wave so you can kill the normal king right away.

This should be it: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/超メタドラ_降臨!

Awesome. Is this a one-time thing? If it isn't, I'm burning stones to collect Super Kings. Zeus team will be fed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom