• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Beat Light War Dragon legend with a poverty team. No healers so a bit risky until the skills are charged, but it works.

Leader: Lightning Holy Dragon
Echidna
Hera-Is
Cu Chulainn
Rainbow Keeper
Friend: Lucifer

raiot

I want to farm the Mystic Stone Dragons, but i am hesitant to loose stamina and time... Does anyone have a safe team for them?

I have access to the following teams:
Kirin
Valk (but not enough HP)
Lucifer with mostle lvl 80-90 subs
Horus
Mono Green
Zaerog
Green Odin/X

Guys,

What's a good Kirin Team? I just rolled one and know it is a good one to get but I don't know how to build a team around her. I am guessing orb changers will be the ones to best compliment her? I got most heart orb changers, some ninjas, knights, and some gods.

Verche and Valkyrie are the most important ones cause of their specific orb changes, the rest are dependent on the dungeon you're running but are usually heartbreakers/delayers/Hera-Is.

razterik

Opposite element 2/4/2 mono teams work quite well for the first three stone dragons. If you have over 30k HP you can even tank same timer carbuncles, otherwise build skills before round 3. The keepers are only an issue if you let them hit you when they are below 25%. If you unload all skills on the dragons, you can usually take them down in one or two rounds. Way faster than Lucifer and just as safe.

Kreed

Just a warning but the stat on puzzledragonx.com for Ninja Training Secret is wrong for Lightning Storm Fuma Kotaro on Legend mode Lt. War Dragon. He does x5 = 500% attack instead of x4 = 400% which does 40K+ damage instead of 30k+. If I had of known I would have used all my skills/thought I could tank it with 35k+ HP. Pad wikia has the right stats.

linsivvi

Just a warning but the stat on puzzledragonx.com for Ninja Training Secret wrong for Lightning Storm Fuma Kotaro on Legend mode for Lt. War Dragon. He does x5 = 500% attack instead of x4 = 400% which does 40K+ damage instead of 30k+. If I had of known I would have used all my skills/thought I could tank it with 35k+ HP. Pad wikia has the right stats.

Ouch. Glad that I used wikia instead. Reason I used a Lucifer friend is that I could one shot it after charging all my skills.

J0dy77

I want to farm the Mystic Stone Dragons, but i am hesitant to loose stamina and time... Does anyone have a safe team for them?

I have access to the following teams:
Kirin
Valk (but not enough HP)
Lucifer with mostle lvl 80-90 subs
Horus
Mono Green
Zaerog
Green Odin/X

I've been having a hard time with this as well, without being able to delay I miss getting him by one or two rounds. Just need better luck on the cascades. I was trying this with my Horus/Horus team initially, might have to try with Horus/Kirin since I've added a decent amount of levels in Hera and verche.

Kreed

Ouch. Glad that I used wikia instead. Reason I used a Lucifer friend is that I could one shot it after charging all my skills.

I actually used a Lucifer friend too who was fully charged at the time. Next time I will either use a light defense lead or bring a shield user.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I've been trying to get a mermaid for days now, I am just not having any luck. I really hope this siren drops it soon.

J0dy77

Cleared Light War Dragon on legend. Here's the team used.

n7fVrQnl.jpg

Boss was tough, needed every last bit of damage. Had to heal through the world unification after echidna delay wore off. The cats are really the only trash you have to worry about prior to the boss. They hit for over 10k.

So there is a monster in the Light war dragon that skills up Sasuke... AWESOME!

Dual Luci team with my subs makes the dragon take a while, but ultimately a joke. Toughest fight would be the miniboss (but you can just luci him to death since the dragon does not have a preemptive).

I am definitely going to go after some of those Sasuke Skill ups.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So after failing 2 times on Master Lt War Dragon (I love Horus orb screw), I decided to try an Asty/Luci team. I'm pretty sure I could stomp Legend with this team, too. Just need to figure out how to clear Fuma without dying. The boss should also be pretty easy with 2x gravity + counter + Luci.

So after failing 2 times on Master Lt War Dragon (I love Horus orb screw), I decided to try an Asty/Luci team. I'm pretty sure I could stomp Legend with this team, too. Just need to figure out how to clear Fuma without dying. The boss should also be pretty easy with 2x gravity + counter + Luci.

Fuma dies to Luci Cannon and the Light War Dragon does not preemptive. So if there is health on the board, Cannon should deal with Fuma no problem.

Of course saving 35 turns for the cannon to come back.... but the Light dragon is much easier than Fuma, especially with 2x rcv.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fuma dies to Luci Cannon and the Light War Dragon does not preemptive. So if there is health on the board, Cannon should deal with Fuma no problem.

Of course saving 35 turns for the cannon to come back.... but the Light dragon is much easier than Fuma, especially with 2x rcv.

4x RCV with my team, haha. I heal around 8k per match. So as long as I'm clearing orbs regularly and use my Echidna at the right spot, I won't have any issues. I'll probably give this a shot once I've got the stam. I DID get lucky and get the drop on Master, so I don't NEED to Legend for anything other than the stone.

massoluk

Banned
Beat Light War Dragon legend with a poverty team. No healers so a bit risky until the skills are charged, but it works.

Leader: Lightning Holy Dragon
Echidna
Hera-Is
Cu Chulainn
Rainbow Keeper
Friend: Lucifer

Well, I've only been running Master with

Double Light resist Venus
Echidna
Lucifer
Cu Chulainn
Siren
Friend: Horus or Hades

Guess I'll swap them around and give legend a try. You inspired me.

seriously....who do I have to sleep with to get some Sapphire Dragons up in here....I'm sitting on about 15 maxed Pengdras.

I think it's been about 2-3 weeks without Sapphires....

So, having just acquired Horus, is there a recommended team using him as leader? Right now I am doing:

Horus (evolved, but still in 20s)
Awoken Hera-Is (30s)
Awoken Odin (max)
Kirin (evolved, 30s?)
Awoken Hera (max)

Thanks!

Yeah, Legend was cake with 2x Lucifer + 2x healer + 1x gravity.

Just had to constantly remind myself that the cannon will do 2x the usual damage.

So, having just acquired Horus, is there a recommended team using him as leader? Right now I am doing:

Awoken Hera-Is (30s)
Awoken Odin (max)
Kirin (evolved, 30s?)
Awoken Hera (max)

Thanks!

Subs with long-charge active skills are usually not the best option in 16x Horus teams.
This is due to the fact that horus teams lack the HP, RCV & color advantage to effectively stall.

For that reason, you most likely won't be able to rely on hera/hera-is' gravity skill come boss time. Alternatively, monsters like Siegfried/CuCu are better options for their short charge time + heart breaker ability (in case you lack the 4th color.)

Other than that, Kirin is fine. Don't remember how long it takes to charge odin's skill.

Note: Hera-is is still a fine sub for her stats + dual element. I would get rid of hera for something else though.

StMeph

Awoken Hera-Is (30s)
Awoken Odin (max)
Kirin (evolved, 30s?)
Awoken Hera (max)

Thanks!

Any particular reason why you aren't using a Kirin lead instead?

Horus is pretty flexible. You can run the gravity-heavy build you have now, if needed. But it seems like most general-use Horus teams build heartbreakers to make sure you can always get a 4-element combo:

Horus,
Echidna, Rose Valk, Cu Chulainn, Siegfried

Seems like the standard team. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

For Kirin, you want to convert dark orbs and stack light orbs, so Kirin tends to build:

Kirin,
Rose Valk, Verche, Echidna, Hera-Is

Viper Orochi if needed in lieu of Hera-Is.

Thanks StMepth and Dreamgazer. I have all the pieces for the standard team StMeph mentioned; in fact, all of them but Siegfried are max level.

I also have all the pieces for the Kirin team, though I would have to level up Verche and Hera-Is (and VO as an alt).

I am still getting my 4 color matching skills developed but I guess Kirin does offer the 5x versus Horus' 4x. I guess Horus offers a little more flexibility in the color options.

linsivvi

Speaking of Verche, Blade of Justice is up and they've been doing unannounced special dungeons for two days now. Hope they'll keep this a regular thing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i've pulled a few times just to see.

Titan, Pierdraw, and Sasuke. Don't have Sasuke...also have no use for him.

I am curious to see what use Saskue has. At max skill, he makes a good orb changer I guess? And with awakening, alvl 3 is the all too powerful skill charge reduction.

I am curious to see what use Saskue has. At max skill, he makes a good orb changer I guess? And with awakening, alvl 3 is the all too powerful skill charge reduction.

guess hes ok in a Attacker team, but i don't run one. Doesn't fit into my wood team either.

Parv (Water -> Heal)
Michael
Ceres / Asaroth - depending on attack or defense
Choo CHoo (Heal -> Wood)
Dios

J0dy77

Awoken Hera-Is (30s)
Awoken Odin (max)
Kirin (evolved, 30s?)
Awoken Hera (max)

Thanks!

Kirin should be your leader, not Horus. Build around her, she's stronger.

Best teams will vary depending on the dungeon but for the most part you want Heart Breakers with multiple colors and Echidna. Echidna is a must for Horus and Kirin.

I primarily run Horus, Echidna, Valk, Chu, Seigfreid, Horus for farming. Hera-IS is swapped in when I need Gravity. I'm also working on Susano with Dark/Light Skydragon for tougher dungeons.

For Kirin setups the staple team is Kirin x2, hera-IS, Valkyrie, Echidna, Verche. So much Light damage popping valk and verche at the same time.

Edit: Rolled again because I was bored. Fairlio... NEVER ROLL OUTSIDE GODFEST.

Kirin should be your leader, not Horus. Build around her, she's stronger.

Best teams will vary depending on the dungeon but for the most part you want Heart Breakers with multiple colors and Echidna. Echidna is a must for Horus and Kirin.

I primarily run Horus, Echidna, Valk, Chu, Seigfreid, Horus for farming. Hera-IS is swapped in when I need Gravity. I'm also working on Susano with Dark/Light Skydragon for tougher dungeons.

For Kirin setups the staple team is Kirin x2, hera-IS, Valkyrie, Echidna, Verche. So much Light damage popping valk and verche at the same time.

Edit: Rolled again because I was bored. Fairlio... NEVER ROLL OUTSIDE GODFEST.
I actually disagree because Horus's skill is a lot easier to proc than Kirin's, and sometimes Kirin's is straight up impossible with your board, whereas Horus is almost always doable.

Kirin is stronger, yes, but her multiplier is really only necessary for a few fringe cases, like Satan.

Kreed

I actually disagree because Horus's skill is a lot easier to proc than Kirin's, and sometimes Kirin's is straight up impossible with your board, whereas Horus is almost always doable.

Kirin is stronger, yes, but her multiplier is really only necessary for a few fringe cases, like Satan.

Kirin's main drawback is the need for orb changers for dark orbs and/or heart orbs in cases where you over match the 4 colors you need and the board gives you an abundance of dark and heart orbs. With Horus you're able to run teams without any orb changers and still get through most dungeons with little risk, so there's more team versatility on his end. But otherwise I'd say focus on Kirin cause with her there's no dungeon you can't clear in the current game with her team outside of the cost dungeons we haven't gotten yet and you can be very consistent with her as long as you have the right team members and match correctly vs Ra or Anubis. Once he's done with Kirin, he can always come back and work on Horus later.

i've pulled a few times just to see.

Titan, Pierdraw, and Sasuke. Don't have Sasuke...also have no use for him.

I like my Sasuke, he has a reasonable amount of HP (for an Attacker monster) and a ridiculous amount of ATK (at Lvl 62 and no eggs it has 1329 atk, more than my 87 Goemon, 68 artemis, 78 zues, and maxed Valkyrie). I find that he is very useful for "If I need a Green monster" due to the high ATK and decent HP.

And since we can skill him up from the Legend Light War dragon, I may have to max skill him.

I think what he's saying is that Horus can do the same thing that Kirin can, except for a small handful of cases.

But I would argue that that is exactly why Kirin is better.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. =)

And yes, no doubt Kirin edges out Horus in versatility in the end, but really, there are only some one--maybe two--dungeons that Kirin can do that Horus cannot. I would even argue that, for the specific case of Zaerog, where you don't have to do a lot of damage but just enough, Horus is actually better than Kirin because bad boards and mismatches will cost you a stone each time.

EDIT: Disclaimer: I have Horus and not Kirin, so some of this might be jealousy talking.

I think what he's saying is that Horus can do the same thing that Kirin can, except for a small handful of cases.

But I would argue that that is exactly why Kirin is better.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. =)

And yes, no doubt Kirin edges out Horus in versatility in the end, but really, there are only some one--maybe two--dungeons that Kirin can do that Horus cannot. I would even argue that, for the specific case of Zaerog, where you don't have to do a lot of damage but just enough, Horus is actually better than Kirin because bad boards and mismatches will cost you a stone each time.

EDIT: Disclaimer: I have Horus and not Kirin, so some of this might be jealousy talking.

yeah....if Horus does A dungeons and Kirin does A+B....I would say Kirin is better. Yes, bad boards...blah blah blah. That's what orb changers are for. I generally roll with Orb changers on my Ra team anyway to get rid of hearts easily and hope for a cascade.

J0dy77

I've been playing Kirin/Horus a lot and while it is harder to make the matches with the right team it's very hard to go cold when you need it. Having Valk, Chu and verche at max level always gives you an out. It's also really important to try and match more than 4 if possible to refresh the board. If the board ever goes cold with Kirin try and focus on clearing hearts and purple only to tank a hit and get a clean board. And if you're focus is for farming, just use Horus and Isis as your friend leader. 3x and 4x is more than enough to wipe a lot of trash waves and give you time to heal and tank.

I'm a free player so it's very difficult for me to maximize a team. At 265 days in I'm still a long way away from maxing plus eggs on my Horus team or even Horus himself. If I had a Kirin everything would switch to her. The extra 5x DMG over a Horus team and gravity are just too strong. Plus the light color has no weakness compared to fire.

Dunlop

What is the deal with Vampire Lord?

I've been trying to level up to use with my Isis, I thought it was taking a lot and then when I compared:

Lvl 40 to 41 takes more XP than getting my Moon D'spinas from 70 to 71

me thinks I am wasting my time ; (

J0dy77

What is the deal with Vampire Lord?

I've been trying to level up to use with my Isis, I thought it was taking a lot and then when I compared:

Lvl 40 to 41 takes more XP than getting my Moon D'spinas from 70 to 71

me thinks I am wasting my time ; (

He has a higher experience curve than d'spinas. God's are the highest at 5,000,000. There's a good reason for it. You're not wasting your time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, these stone dungeons are boring. I've been doing it over a few hours between work and personal stuff. The sapphire dragons that pop up have too much health.

Dunlop

He has a higher experience curve than d'spinas. God's are the highest at 5,000,000. There's a good reason for it. You're not wasting your time.
Thanks for the info folks, crazy how much more xp it will take when I have to evo to his final stage

atlantos

Neo Member
Verche and Valkyrie are the most important ones cause of their specific orb changes, the rest are dependent on the dungeon you're running but are usually heartbreakers/delayers/Hera-Is.

Yippie, I got those two and the only one I am missing is Hara-Is which I hope I can farm in the next opportunity. Any tips on how to get 4 specific colours to attack at the same time consistently? Is there specific pattern I should follow?

Yippie, I got those two and the only one I am missing is Hara-Is which I hope I can farm in the next opportunity. Any tips on how to get 4 specific colours to attack at the same time consistently? Is there specific pattern I should follow?
What I do is look for L shapes. When you have an L, it's easy to manipulate that into a 3-string, since you can approach it from any side. From there, after I see all the Ls, I map out a path in my head to see where things will end up and then go as fast as I can when I actually do move the orbs.

If your screen starts to dim while you're thinking, one thing you can do is tap on the enemies; this will register as an action and brighten up your screen without risking false moves, since you aren't even touching your orbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom