• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I just ran master on increased drop rate days. I think that's probably the best since it's not guaranteed you'll even see it on int or expert. I didn't like running legend because the drop rate didn't seem much better and I would mess up on the ogres sometimes and get killed lol. I'm so annoyed they lowered Sun Quan and Liu Bei's skill by one turn right after their dungeons disappeared. -_-

I agree, they are not a guaranteed drop even on legend so master on 2x days is the most efficient use of stamina.

I max skilled Sun Quan and will need 1 more skillup when they lower it.
OK that's pretty much what I figured. Is one drop per run too optimistic? I probably won't stone for DQXQ, but I might for Lu Bu if I need to.

Quantum

Quick question for anybody who has farmed the dragon knight dungeons for 3 kingdoms skill ups. How are the drop rates and what difficulty do you recommend?

I max skilled Sun Quan within 1 week with daily normal runs of master. I think I was lucky, I'm 0/3 for DQXQ at the moment.

OK that's pretty much what I figured. Is one drop per run too optimistic? I probably won't stone for DQXQ, but I might for Lu Bu if I need to.

felt about about 40% drop rate, but probably statically lower.

while it could invade I have not had a shiron drop outside of floor 5 yet. floor five - has a 2/3 drop rate *if* something drops at all.

Jagernaut

On 2x days something will drop every floor so you have a 66% chance of getting the skillup monster to drop but you will probably still need to stone to collect enough to max skill.

Shameless request: I need some friends that rock strong Dark/Devil leaders to throw me an invite. I'm working with a Loki, the God of Guile right now.

ID: 367 533 336

Thank you!

Uthred

Banging away trying to get Jeanne on legend and master and got nothing, ran expert with leftover stamina and she dropped. Classic PAD.

Fuck.... So I have a DQXQ and a Light Zhuge now. If I were to roll a Light Metatron I could do: Light Metatron, Zhuge, DQ, Valk, Echidna/Sandalphon. That would be a pretty good team right? Fuck. I feel like the game has been playing a very long game of chess with me, trying to turn me from a free player into an IAP player and now it has me in checkmate. I feel like I'd unlock so much potential if I rolled a Lmeta. Someone talk me out of it plssss.

Cels

does two pronged attack trigger if only one enemy is present? i've looked around and a lot of places say that it does.

however, if there are two enemies you can hear a charge up skill sound and the monsters with the awakenings have a little animation. if there's just one enemy you don't get any sound or animation.

does two pronged attack trigger if only one enemy is present? i've looked around and a lot of places say that it does.

however, if there are two enemies you can hear a charge up skill sound and the monsters with the awakenings have a little animation. if there's just one enemy you don't get any sound or animation.

Yes you do get the damage boost.

Minor update: last night I got a Vampire from Pal Egg and was looking up his evo tree; how does Dark Liege Vampire Duke stack up as a leader compared to earlier suggestions? Seems like it wouldn't take that much to make one based on what's in my box.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=894

Also, what is the easiest (read: best chance) method to farm for a Mermaid? I tried doing some of the normal dungeons that are recommended but the drop rate is apparently only ~2%.

The new best spot to farm for a Mermaid is Legendary Dragon's Footprints, although it might be difficult for you to reach that dungeon on short notice.

Fuck.... So I have a DQXQ and a Light Zhuge now. If I were to roll a Light Metatron I could do: Light Metatron, Zhuge, DQ, Valk, Echidna/Sandalphon. That would be a pretty good team right? Fuck. I feel like the game has been playing a very long game of chess with me, trying to turn me from a free player into an IAP player and now it has me in checkmate. I feel like I'd unlock so much potential if I rolled a Lmeta. Someone talk me out of it plssss.
You already have two very good leads. I assume Lmeta is more of a luxury than a need for you at this point. I'm in a similar boat wrt FA Luci - he would make two of my teams more awesome but neither team is exactly struggling without him.

But it's your call whether you have the patience to wait for Lmeta to fall into your lap or not. *cue an 85 pack that gets you a bunch of stuff but not Lmeta lol*

Minor update: last night I got a Vampire from Pal Egg and was looking up his evo tree; how does Dark Liege Vampire Duke stack up as a leader compared to earlier suggestions? Seems like it wouldn't take that much to make one based on what's in my box.
Not much, just 1.6 million experience lololol. It's a solid leader for early-mid game stuff but you'll start feeling its limitations as you get closer to the endgame/descends.

Also, what is the easiest (read: best chance) method to farm for a Mermaid? I tried doing some of the normal dungeons that are recommended but the drop rate is apparently only ~2%.
If you're not in a hurry to get one, you're bound to get one eventually from the PAL or REM at some point. Farming for them on lower normals can a pain in the ass unless you get lucky. But the newer dragon normals are supposedly good for healer girl drops, as a previous poster pointed out.

You already have two very good leads. I assume Lmeta is more of a luxury than a need for you at this point. I'm in a similar boat wrt FA Luci - he would make two of my teams more awesome but neither team is exactly struggling without him.

But it's your call whether you have the patience to wait for Lmeta to fall into your lap or not. *cue an 85 pack that gets you a bunch of stuff but not Lmeta lol*

Which two? Kirin and? DQ is an ok lead, but nothing amazing without a bunch of God type subs.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=894

If you start leveling/fully evolving Pierdra and Vampire you can put together a simple mono dark team that will get you through Ocean of Heaven and let you unlock the Legendary Dragon dungeon. Just pair up with Seraph Lucifer or D/D Batman friends and you shouldnt have much trouble.

From there, if you still don't have her, you can pick up a Siren and put together a basic Hera team. At that point, with a team of Dark Liege Vampire, Hera, Hera, Rainbow keeper, Drawn Joker, Seraph Lucifer you should be able to take on Valkyrie Legend, as long as you have enough levels.

Which two? Kirin and? DQ is an ok lead, but nothing amazing without a bunch of God type subs.
DQXQ is great! You're right that she doesn't have a ton of potential as a Mythical descend leader outside of heavy REM, but she is an excellent farming leader, with an easy to active LS and a big multiplier. Plus her inevitable uvo is sure to make her more descend viable (I hope...)

Hige

Don't roll for godfest exclusives, let the exclusives come to you. I have a lot of exclusives, but I never rolled an LMeta until just recently. So you might just end up like me and roll 5 Green Guan Yus before getting one.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there a list of dungeons that give you a guaranteed drops ? It seems like the Keeper of XYZ dungeons are guaranteed drops, just got the Water/Wood Keeper i needed to evolve U/Y - kinda amazing.

btw. Whats the deal the " XYZ descended" dungeons i keep reading about - never have seen one of them, at which point do they show up and do they have guaranteed drops as well ?

linsivvi

Is there a list of dungeons that give you a guaranteed drops ? It seems like the Keeper of XYZ dungeons are guaranteed drops, just got the Water/Wood Keeper i needed to evolve U/Y - kinda amazing.

btw. Whats the deal the " XYZ descended" dungeons i keep reading about - never have seen one of them, at which point do they show up and do they have guaranteed drops as well ?

Most weekday dungeons are guaranteed only during 2x.

Descended dungeons appear only during events and only on specific days. Check the event schedule and you will find the dungeons in the special dungeon tab. Boss drops at the highest difficulty are guaranteed.

Just pulled a fairlo tryin to get an FA luci.

I have 20 more stones. Should I go for it again or wait for a god fest?

I want FA Luci, Lu Bu or a Shiva.

I already have two kirins and two haku's

My Current Ronia team

dwW8PwB.jpg

Baddie will be replaced by Lu Bu.

Belial's spot is up for grabs(He will move to my red focused Ronia team)

In his place I'm thinking either a
Shiva(for the red row and orb enhancements on his skill)
A second DD haku for overall great stats and awakenings and from what I've read her skill may now be more useful with Ronia's new ult and the 6+ combo damage boost.
FA Luci. Though I prefer Hadar for his stats they both do orb enhancemenst with their skill and hadar has pretty good awakenings on his own.

I'm torn between these three in that spot. Thoughts?

Jagernaut

Most descended dungeons require 50 stamina, if you don't have 50 you won't see them. A lot of descends have 2 difficulties.

Mythical - guaranteed boss drop, enemies hit harder and use more preemptive attacks and status shields (block delay and poison).

Legend - boss is only a 40% drop, dungeon is much easier

J0dy77

I remember wanting Yomi for ages and never getting her, now that I have her Ive forgotten why I wanted her. Whats she good for again? Just general utility?

She's one of if not the best subs in the game for her active skill and awakenings. I can't replace her on my Horus team. I maxed skilled her a little while back so CTW is at 15 turns and a full second of move time from her awakenings is just too strong. Not to mention her 2k attack stat.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Having terrible luck skilling up my DQXQ. 1/7

Really hope I can max skill this thing before the dungeon is gone in 12 days.

It sucks that 2 out of 5 of the jewels from the gift dungeon are all but worthless to me. I suppose it's worth stoning given how hard the jewels are to come by otherwise, but at the moment it kind of feels like a waste.

Jagernaut

It sucks that 2 out of 5 of the jewels from the gift dungeon are all but worthless to me. I suppose it's worth stoning given how hard the jewels are to come by otherwise, but at the moment it kind of feels like a waste.

It took me 5 tries before Suzaku (red orb) showed up. I'm collecting red orbs for Hera-Ur's ultimate evolution.

Well it becomes specific when I don't use a dark sub on the team. "Four colors except dark."

Idk I don't find her that amazing a farming lead, since her activation requires a bit more thinking than Valks or LMetas.
If whatever you're farming doesn't require a Shynee/Sandalphon burst (16x should be enough unless you're farming descends), there's no need to lock yourself into a healer DQXQ team. Swap in a dark sub instead and voila! Suddenly easier activation for farming.

If whatever you're farming doesn't require a Shynee/Sandalphon burst (16x should be enough unless you're farming descends), there's no need to lock yourself into a healer DQXQ team. Swap in a dark sub instead and voila! Suddenly easier activation for farming.

I haven't run damage calculations but can a DQXQ burst without Shynee/Sandalphon do enough damage to get past Poseidon's defense on Ocean of Heaven? You might be right though, I'm probably doing more harm than good locking myself into a healer team for farming with DQXQ.

Using a low level Cu Chu and 2 green matches has never failed me against Neptune. That's how I get past Neptune to farm Hera as well.

OK, sent some friend invites out (Doomz@GAF), fiance and I are getting back into the game, she's got a nice healer team and great luck. I do not.

J0dy77

Finally got my iPhone 6 today, PAD looks glorious. I'm expecting my diagonal matches to be a lot more successful after playing on the small screen for so long.

Jagernaut

Finally got my iPhone 6 today, PAD looks glorious. I'm expecting my diagonal matches to be a lot more successful after playing on the small screen for so long.

I'm still on an iphone 5. Does pad fill the screen on the 6 or are there borders?

cw_sasuke

So tomorrow is the big day for me, trying to acquire a Mystic Mask to upgrade U&Y.

https://www.padherder.com/user/cw_sasuke

Hope i survive Room of the Mask-Expert with my current team, i remember once being destroyed but these shitty masks. But i had a worse team back then.

So the Mythic Mask is a guaranteed drop tomorrow as well ?

Most descended dungeons require 50 stamina, if you don't have 50 you won't see them. A lot of descends have 2 difficulties.

Mythical - guaranteed boss drop, enemies hit harder and use more preemptive attacks and status shields (block delay and poison).

Legend - boss is only a 40% drop, dungeon is much easier

Guess thats what i dont see them, i have around 42 stamina right now. Really looking forward to try out these Dungeons. But one step after another.

Most weekday dungeons are guaranteed only during 2x.

Descended dungeons appear only during events and only on specific days. Check the event schedule and you will find the dungeons in the special dungeon tab. Boss drops at the highest difficulty are guaranteed.

Thanks, didnt knew about these guaranteed drops. This explains much.
Descended Dungeons seems to be something i shouldnt and cant bother with right now, but nice to see that there is still much content left.

So tomorrow is the big day for me, trying to acquire a Mystic Mask to upgrade U&Y.

Hope i survive Room of the Mask-Expert with my current team, i remember once being destroyed but these shitty masks. But i had a worse team back then.

The mystic mask is not a guaranteed drop unless it invades. You are guaranteed a drop on every floor, so on floor 5 you get either a dark, light, or mystic mask. Don't be surprised if it takes several runs for one to drop.

Jagernaut

Guess thats what i dont see them, i have around 42 stamina right now. Really looking forward to try out these Dungeons. But one step after another.

Thanks, didnt knew about these guaranteed drops. This explains much.
Descended Dungeons seems to be something i shouldnt and cant bother with right now, but nice to see that there is still much content left.

If you keep playing Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower on weekends when it is 1/2 stamina you can rank up pretty fast. You will get 1400-1500 exp for only 3 stamina cost. You can chain run it and keep leveling up and refilling stamina to run it some more.

During events the daily dungeons are guaranteed to drop something every floor but you still only have a 1/3 chance of getting the mystic mask to drop.

Each floor is a guaranteed drop during 2x but there are 3 masks on the final floor, each with an equal chance of dropping. There's a tiny chance the Mystic Mask invades on an earlier floor - that would be a 100% drop.

Not sure what you intend to use but a Resolve lead + autoheal friend might be your best chance at the moment. Still risky because if any of the tougher masks are synced you're screwed unless you can take one out before they attack simultaneously. And not having a poison user for the last floor complicates things.

Having a lot of HP to survive the masks' attacks is the typical way of farming Wed Expert so in the future if you get your Persephone or Lemon Dragon evolved, you can put together a Dark or Light team with HP modifiers to shrug off a 9999 hit or two.

Don't worry about descends at this time. You'll probably be around rank 100 or more before you'll be able to tackle them.

cw_sasuke

The mystic mask is not a guaranteed drop unless it invades. You are guaranteed a drop on every floor, so on floor 5 you get either a dark, light, or mystic mask. Don't be surprised if it takes several runs for one to drop.

Hmm..okay thanks, i should lower my expectations a bit then. Was just surprised and happy to get as many Keeper of XYZ monsters today, tought it would take weeks till i get the blue and green one ...hehe.

If you keep playing Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower on weekends when it is 1/2 stamina you can rank up pretty fast. You will get 1400-1500 exp for only 3 stamina cost. You can chain run it and keep leveling up and refilling stamina to run it some more.

During events the daily dungeons are guaranteed to drop something every floor but you still only have a 1/3 chance of getting the mystic mask to drop.

Alright thanks, i think i will use this weekend to grind a bit, havent done it before because im not a fan of running the same dungeon over and over but i need to improve my rank and group points.

Each floor is a guaranteed drop during 2x but there are 3 masks on the final floor, each with an equal chance of dropping. There's a tiny chance the Mystic Mask invades on an earlier floor - that would be a 100% drop.

Not sure what you intend to use but a Resolve lead + autoheal friend might be your best chance at the moment. Still risky because if any of the tougher masks are synced you're screwed unless you can take one out before they attack simultaneously. And not having a poison user for the last floor complicates things.

Having a lot of HP to survive the masks' attacks is the typical way of farming Wed Expert so in the future if you get your Persephone or Lemon Dragon evolved, you can put together a Dark or Light team with HP modifiers to shrug off a 9999 hit or two.

Don't worry about descends at this time. You'll probably be around rank 100 or more before you'll be able to tackle them.

Hmm kinda sounds more tricky than expected, but than again i was bodies not too long ago in the second mask dungeon so it makes sense.

Resolve + Autoheal friend ? Dont think i have a strong Resolve leader and ill probably loose to much attack power to actually beat the masks -.-

light_pad7bsoj.png

If i couple this team with a 2x Light hp friend i get to around 19k hp - but if i recall correctly thats the team that got destroyed by the masks last time.

Hope i can figure something out till tomorrow.

And thanks for the comment, now i know that i shouldnt bother descends anytime soon.

The masks all have high defense so unless you prepare a freak burst team, attack power does not matter for the dungeon. Number of hits does though, so monsters with sub-attributes are high value for the dungeon, especially if your team is as close to monocolor as possible.

The masks all have high defense so unless you prepare a freak burst team, attack power does not matter for the dungeon. Number of hits does though, so monsters with sub-attributes are high value for the dungeon, especially if your team is as close to monocolor as possible.

He has U&Y so I think he probably can break their defense. Dunno how far along his team is tho.

cw_sasuke

He has U&Y so I think he probably can break their defense. Dunno how far along his team is tho.
Well my team is on Padheader. But to be fair I think I'll screw it up anyway tomorrow.

If I had Yomi already in my team and a more group cost points to add the Keeper of Gold as well in my team.... I fucking hate both dragons in my team, there skills are useless because the battle is already decided before they can activate it.

And also just tried Keeper of the Rainbow Master and got killed because I didn't want to use my skills before the final stage - that feeling when you lost 30 stamina points for nothing :-/

Epic Drop

Resolve + Autoheal friend ? Dont think i have a strong Resolve leader and ill probably loose to much attack power to actually beat the masks -.-

You really don't need a "strong" resolve leader to get through the Wednesday dungeon semi-reliably. Before I built a powerful team that can sweep every floor (thanks B. Sonia), I got through it using a classic newbie team affectionately called a "Zombie" Team.

To build a Zombie team, you get a low level Ogre as your lead, fill your subs with -lits of the same color as the ogre to keep your HP as low as possible, and partner with a friend leader who has an autoheal as their leaderskill - such as Amaterasu or Angel or Alraune.

The general strategy is that a single hit from anything won't kill you, and you'll be healed to above 70% by your friends leaderskill. You can't get hit twice in the same round though, or you'll die - so you need to take out synced enemies before they attack you.

By smartly pooling on-color orbs before the last floor, I found that I was able to clear the Wednesday dungeon 50-60% of the time. Sometimes you run into triple synced monsters and you just can't take them out - but then you just try again.

If you only need a single mystic mask or two to help push some of your evos, it's an option you may want to look in to.

Edit: Here's a video of someone using this strategy that may help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pcQjoZFeo Watch in particular how he saves orbs on floor 4 in preparation for floor 5 - learning how to store orbs like that was really helpful in my development as a player.

Top Bottom