• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Ducarmel

*5MM Downloads Event Part 2*
[Duration]: 10/9 (Thurs), 12:00 AM - 10/22 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Our newest event is of continental proportions! Puzzle & Dragons has reached a total of 5 million downloads from North America alone!

If there was ever a time to pull out all the stops, here it is. Here’s part two of the 5 Million Downloads event!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
10/16 - 10/22 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Gifts Aplenty
New gift dungeons are always a treat--and this event has two of them! The monsters in these dungeons may not enjoy being gift-wrapped though, so don’t be surprised if they attack you.

10/16 - 10/22 - A Gift from the World Tree
*Please note that ‘A Gift from the World Tree’ has a stamina cost of 30. If you do not meet the stamina requirements this dungeon will not display in the client.

■③ Wealth and Splendor
How do you like your Jewel and Metal dragons? We like them widely available for all, so this event offers an extended duration of Tower of Jewels!

10/13 - 10/17 - Tower of Jewels

■④ Special Event Content
10/17 - 10/19 - ?????????????

■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
*The Spirit Jewels are active from 10/13 to 10/22! See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
10/16 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
10/17 - Izanami Descended!
10/18 - Takeminakata Descended!
10/19 - Wadatsumi Descended!
10/20 - Sandalphon Descended!
10/20 - Xuanzang Descended!
10/21 - The Thief Descended!
10/22 - Heracles Descended!

■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
10/16 - 10/22 - Rare Evo Materials

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
1.5x Drops for Normal Dungeons
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t
6 more stones
Looks like no half stamina for weekend dungeon.

???? maybe its Thoth & Sopdet Descended! or Zhang Fei Descended! I forgot which came out first

Epic Drop

Is there a comprehensive list of Spirit Jewels and the dungeons they invade in?

Gung Ho sometimes changes it up, so it's not 100% consistent, but puzzledragonx always has a list of which Spirit Jewel you can expect to invade during the current event.

seady

We are falling behind, Jpn has 7 descends we don't have yet.

It seems the US version is falling more and more behind. JP version has all these collabs and descends and updates (purchasable dungeons, 5 min - stamina refill, buffs, ulti-evo…) and still they manage to fit it all in. Glad I have a JP account to play as well.

Cels

Or just extreme luck.

My brother-in-law is non IAP and rolls godfest exclusive after godfest exclusive, Kirin after Kirin, Pandora after Pandora, etc.

On the other hand, I have terrible luck. I've been playing for about 9 months, IAP'd probably ~$100, and have gotten more or less complete trash on every pull - except for a single godfest where I pulled B. Sonia, B. Odin, and Amon all in a row and pretty much won the game lol

I am non-IAP, started playing in May last year, so about twice as long as you.

my box includes RSonia, BSonia, and GOdin for GF exclusives. Also have U&Y, Haku, Venus, Bastet, Kushi, Shiva, Leilan, and Meimei. I use most of those, but I also have Liu Bei, Wukong and Okuninishi sitting idle. I think I'm in the middle in terms of luck. My box size is about 450 so you can gauge how much I've spent on monsters in the past 18 mo.

Uthred

Three "Greats" in a row, of course it would be when I was maxing out the three units in questions so the bonus xp was wasted, its pengdras all over again.

Edit: Is D/D the way to go with Haku's Ults?

Parity ebbs and flows; feature wise we're still about a month behind JP on average and the changes you listed are primarily 7.2 stuff (and permanent descendeds came much earlier than they should have here). Not having new descendeds for over a month sucks, also Droidragon STILL doesn't have awakenings because I don't even know

I'm guessing the DC collab is going to be NA/EU exclusive for a bit, but it'd be a nice gesture to give us some canon content first. The last time that happened was... the water conditional dungeon, for a week?

What I'm insinuating is American Legends godfest when

I'm wondering if DD Haku's ultimate is a better fir for Ronia now given her ultimate.

I was pulling for a FA Luci but haven't got him. I do have a second Haku however. Hadar covers the dark orb enhancements.

My team is

Ronia, Belial, Hadar, Haku, Baddie

FA was going to replace Belial now I'm think maybe I should get my Other haku evolved and in there as well.

King of the Gods. Still the best there is.

Hmm... not too confident I can clear it consistently to be honest. If the thing before Zues is on a 1 turn timer and I don't have the requisite orbs then Kirin flounders. I might be able to do it with a trash Lzhuge team since I've seen it done, but I actually can't make rows well since I never make them or practice making them.

Hige

So like... once you are above rank 100 what is the best way to grind rank? I need more team cost pronto.
King of the Gods is the best once you can farm it. Before then, Dragons of the Tower at half stamina is actually not bad until rank 110-120 or so because the exp/stamina ratio is comparable to T5 dungeons. It's also decent for farming pal points by using up your whole friend list. Otherwise you mainly farm T5 dungeons during increased drop rate hours. The third level of the RBG (Hyperion/Oceanus/Kronos) dungeons has the highest exp/stamina ratio. But on light/dark days the first and last levels of the T6 dungeons (Jupiter/Junos) give better exp than the T5 equivalents.

jiggle

Damn I have 0/10 of the materials needed for ronia ult :(

Is it possible to get ronia at all during current event?
Got a friend to start playing and she rolled a yomi
Told her to retry for ronia or at least dqxq

same. Really pissed off I went and beat Genbu for a green orb without exiting and going for Haku.
I got a yellow one
Would've been nice if they revealed this earlier ><

Damn I have 0/10 of the materials needed for ronia ult :(

Is it possible to get ronia at all during current event?
Got a friend to start playing and she rolled a yomi
Told her to retry for ronia or at least dqxq

Ronia cannot be gotten unless it is a Godfest.

For rank up exp, definitely T5 and T6 like Hige said. In addition to ranking up once or twice a day you'll pick up a ton of +eggs. I've got ~350 after 90 days.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Awesome, so glad it worked for you! When I was farming Wednesday dungeon with a Zombie team, I only had maybe a 50-60% success rate (mostly due to if all 3 masks on floor 4 were synced), so don't get too frustrated if you don't get the clear every single time.

It may take a few runs to get the mystic mask too... I remember once it took me something like 10 runs to get the one mystic mask I needed!

Hehe again muchas gracias and yes i got the Mystic Mask in my last attempt for today :-D

I did like 4-5 runs and only got killed once when the masks were synced on the last stage.Really nice success rate so far, but it seems like i shouldn't get used to it.

Now i only need a Dub-Emelith ( the green one) and i can evolve my Twins !!
Interestingly enough you can also beat Hera descended using a zombie/resist team provided you can make it past the first couple of regular floors (unless you get super lucky and no synced monsters appear at all).
Interesting, i will keep that in mind...but as said before doesnt seem like i am anything near that descended dungeon level.
Did you push the back button after editing your team? It doesn't save the new lineup until you push the back button.

That was probably the case, but i learned my lesson :)
They are also essential in getting you S ranks for the tamadra rewards when you get to the end game.
The resolve Ogers ? Amazing, that they have such importance because of the resolve skill.

Hige

Survey dungeon #11 voting now underway. 3K skillup monsters got added as eligible recipients as the subboss.
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/141016_anke.html
Three Kingdoms skill ups are easy to get compared to most, so I hope they don't win any surveys. I took a quick look at twitter and I think it'll be Neneko (Hatsume) and Yellow Chaser (LMeta).

LMeta's the new hotness with that 1.25x healer HP bonus. I'm really tempted to plus egg her next since she's such a good sub and should be a viable endgame leader now.

linsivvi

Hmm... not too confident I can clear it consistently to be honest. If the thing before Zues is on a 1 turn timer and I don't have the requisite orbs then Kirin flounders. I might be able to do it with a trash Lzhuge team since I've seen it done, but I actually can't make rows well since I never make them or practice making them.

My team: Kirin, Echidna, Valk, Sandalphon, Hera-Is. The more +eggs the merrier.

Charge everything before floor 8. If floor 9 is on 1 timer, use Sandalphon. Otherwise, save it for Zeus. Zeus: Gravityx3, Echidna after Sandalphon expires. It's pretty stable now.

putermcgee

If I'm planning on stopping playing this game, is there anything I can do to help others out? Can I give away my characters or something?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Went in 4 times to try for a lemon dragon, got the dark one every time.

This is gonna suck

ZeroAKA

Pulled 10 times in the Pal egg machine and got the last fruit I needed for busty Ronia. It's just too bad I don't have a Ronia. :(

Althane

Which is the best fruit dragon to go for? I don't have any of them, and I have plenty of TAMADRAs for any one.

I'm thinking Strawberry, since I'm heavily invested in a monored team. Think I would replace my Phoenix Knight Homura with the STrawberry, leaving my lineup to look like:

L: Shiva
1: Ronia
2: Ame no Waifu
3: Strawberry
4: Echidna
F: Ares/Shiva

Of course, since I apparently have a fairly end-game monored team, I could also start expanding my other monocolor teams (I have an Artemis, which seems useful for the monogreen, and... fuck blue. I dunno. Not my style, I have the least amount of blue monsters. Like, 10-15 total. Most of them are for looking at ...)

Ducarmel

^Go for the red, since you have a good amount of red cards. Dark isn't bad as a leader if you have Lucifer friends and don't mind using mono dark tank teams.

If I'm planning on stopping playing this game, is there anything I can do to help others out? Can I give away my characters or something?
You cant give away individual cards but you can give away your whole account for free to a new player or somebody who would not mind having an alternative account to play with.

I'm not sure how it works for android, but on ios just back up data048.bin using ifunbox on a computer, and email it or put it on dropbox, etc.

I guess you can ask here if somebody on gaf wants it or on pad reddit or puzzleanddragonsforum

Jagernaut

There was a data update when I logged in this morning. According to puzzleanddragonsforum :
NA just pushed down some art files:

PADZ part 1 and 2 (including Apocalypse godfest exclusive)
Angry Bird Epic collab

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just saw in my Dungeon list a world tree gift Dungeon, only one battle and costs 30 stamina points? Is it worth the cost or what is it about?

Got grape dragon ony first try. I'm glad I didn't have to waste stamina on it, and it was a nice surprise that it dropped already evolved.

So its pretty safe to say there won't be any godfest/PCC overlap, but I hope they announce the pantheons before the end of the day. I may still roll once or twice in the carnival, but not if the godfest is awesome.

Jagernaut

Just saw in my Dungeon list a world tree gift Dungeon, only one battle and costs 30 stamina points? Is it worth the cost or what is it about?

Free fruit dragon. If you are a beginner the dark one, Grape Dragon, is the most useful since you can team up with an Archangel Lucifer friend and tank through many dungeons.

Edit. If you don't already have it, download the PadGuide app. It has a lot of useful info on dungeons and monsters.

J0dy77

Hehe again muchas gracias and yes i got the Mystic Mask in my last attempt for today :-D

The resolve Ogers ? Amazing, that they have such importance because of the resolve skill.

Ahhh zombie teams... memories flooding back. Getting through those first initial dungeons and building teams to beat the weekly dungeons is such an amazing part of this game. Enjoy it!

Definitely worth it. You get a free fruit dragon The grape is the best especially since you are just starting out and can be paired with Lucifer to clear descended content. The dungeon can only be cleared once, so whatever mob loads is what you get. You can exit out and keep trying if you like but not sure how much stam you want to waste with limited stam available.

Got grape dragon ony first try. I'm glad I didn't have to waste stamina on it, and it was a nice surprise that it dropped already evolved.

So its pretty safe to say there won't be any godfest/PCC overlap, but I hope they announce the pantheons before the end of the day. I may still roll once or twice in the carnival, but not if the godfest is awesome.

I'm up to 5 restarts. Had the lemon dragon on first try, thinking I probably should have taken him. Grape dragon will elude me but he will be mine.

Since we're not getting a god fest in conjunction with the player's choice event I decided to throw a stone at it. Got the red valk, I'm satisfied. Would like a marine rider for my Zhuge team but not sure it's worth another roll. Should I roll again? Someone push me off the edge? lol

razterik

PADZ? Guess they finally gave up on releasing the 3DS game and are giving us the cards we should have gotten six months ago. Get ready for a whole new batch of troll eggs, including Godfest-only Apocalypse. There are a few really good ones in there, though.

Curious what skill ups will come in the new Angry Bird dungeon. Can't think of anything too likely, maybe some Fairy Tale girls or the new magicians (haha, please not yet). Don't think it will cover skill up holes for non-JP players since they are getting it same as everyone else.

Ducarmel

Padz did not have a dungeon right, just added monsters to REM?

Pretty much done with Shinrabansho Choco Collab just need 3 more dragon stones to evolve Apollo, Saiga and Masterion

Shiva max skilled took 15 feeds, I have a feeling I was really lucky on this one.

Lakshmi max skilled took 45 feeds

E.Apollo missing one skill up so far 7/43

Saiga 0/4

Masterion needs 3 more skill up but I stopped feeding him because he max leveled and I don't want to waste the exp

edit: took 3 tries to get my grape dragon cool that its already evolved.

I'm thinking about pulling the red fruit dragon or dark but I don't really know yet. Red fruit would be a clear upgrade to Ifrit on the Ame team. Dark fruit would fit in somewhere, maybe Satan or a dark Ronia team down the road? Don't know yet. Big lack of green and blue stuff so I'm ignoring those two.

https://www.padherder.com/user/Phone/teams/#84083

Light for the rows is a possibility since I got a Raphael sitting around.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
7 grape dragons in a row. Cmon lemon dragon where are you??

Epic Drop

I did like 4-5 runs and only got killed once when the masks were synced on the last stage.Really nice success rate so far, but it seems like i shouldn't get used to it.

Now i only need a Dub-Emelith ( the green one) and i can evolve my Twins !!

Interesting, i will keep that in mind...but as said before doesnt seem like i am anything near that descended dungeon level.

That was probably the case, but i learned my lesson :)

Great news, glad to hear it :)

Just in-case it wasn't obvious (it certainly wasn't to me when I was a beginner!) you can use the same Zombie/Resolve team to get through the Friday dungeon at least somewhat consistently as well. It is a bit more challenging though, because the enemies generally are on shorter timers.

Top Bottom