• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Sad. I updated my phone OS and PAD is stuck in a download loop. Connecting... Downloading 100%... And restarts. Tried clearing cache, restarting phone, etc...

Hope their support is worth a damn.

Sad. I updated my phone OS and PAD is stuck in a download loop. Connecting... Downloading 100%... And restarts. Tried clearing cache, restarting phone, etc...

Hope their support is worth a damn.
This sounds like a time zone issue; it happened to me in JP and others have had it happen to them in NA.

Beat Hera Is Mythical with U&Y. Failed my first try due to first round orb troll and a leaf bind. I was pretty pissed about that as I was one turn away from stalling out the bind when I died.

Then on the second try Karin invaded! I guess she was mad that I rejected her earlier in the gift dungeon. I ended up getting kind of lucky cause I played it like she ad the same stats as the gift dungeon and I almost died since her invade hits harder and has more HP.

I don't think there's one universal solution that works for everybody, but I think if you set your phone's time zone to Pacific time before launching PAD that solves it for some. You'll have to do this every time though.

Uthred

What kind of team can you make with FA Lucifer? He's been lingering in my box for ages, was disappointed at the time because I didnt get the "good" Lucifer

Jonsoncao

Banned
What kind of team can you make with FA Lucifer? He's been lingering in my box for ages, was disappointed at the time because I didnt get the "good" Lucifer

FA Lucifer is very powerful with short CD orb changers.

e.g. D/F FA Luci+ 2 Haku ult + 1 Devil Dragon + 1 Duke

Ronia active CD is way too long.

shinjijai

so close to being done with this game. i didn't spend crap ton of stone choco dungeon to shiva skillup, i stoned at least 10 times. got only 7 drops, and 0 skill ups. this is worse than fa luci skill ups.

also they need to make a dubtopalit only dungeon or something, honestly with the babies, i'm always running out of them, and there's no reliable way to get them. running Jupiter, City in the Sky on 1.5x is terribad for dubtopalit.

so close to being done with this game. i didn't spend crap ton of stone choco dungeon to shiva skillup, i stoned at least 10 times. got only 7 drops, and 0 skill ups. this is worse than fa luci skill ups.

also they need to make a dubtopalit only dungeon or something, honestly with the babies, i'm always running out of them, and there's no reliable way to get them. running Jupiter, City in the Sky on 1.5x is terribad for dubtopalit.

Dubtopalits have always been valid candidates for survey dungeons...

Tobe

might try to run FA luci (atk) on lead 9x with multiple rows can crush pretty much anything. do i have you as a friend cosmo? might wanna try it with some descend.

Taz

Gonna post my ID been playing for a while on and off rank 136, main is D/R Haku would love to change him to D/D but can't get a devillit.

Friend ID

Would love some Haku friends only have about 4

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So tried the Mask dungeon for the Mythic Mask. And yes i got defeated on the forth floor.

Put the Keeper of Light in my team instead of the Light Dragon and took the Keeper of Gold as a friend support (though it was just a user, so i couldnt use his leader skill).

Everything went fine till the fort dungeon when 2 of the "strong" masks were attacking essentially at the same time. Took out the two regular masks, even went on to use the Twin skill and got the 5x multiplicator - it still wasnt enough to take both masks down.

Trying to figure out how i could improve my chances for today....maybe a mono light/dark team could do the trick ? Every hit does just one damage anyway.

Really should have gotten a monster with some kind of poison skill, but since these drop are random i probably wont get one of them today...lol.

You really don't need a "strong" resolve leader to get through the Wednesday dungeon semi-reliably. Before I built a powerful team that can sweep every floor (thanks B. Sonia), I got through it using a classic newbie team affectionately called a "Zombie" Team.

To build a Zombie team, you get a low level Ogre as your lead, fill your subs with -lits of the same color as the ogre to keep your HP as low as possible, and partner with a friend leader who has an autoheal as their leaderskill - such as Amaterasu or Angel or Alraune.

The general strategy is that a single hit from anything won't kill you, and you'll be healed to above 70% by your friends leaderskill. You can't get hit twice in the same round though, or you'll die - so you need to take out synced enemies before they attack you.

By smartly pooling on-color orbs before the last floor, I found that I was able to clear the Wednesday dungeon 50-60% of the time. Sometimes you run into triple synced monsters and you just can't take them out - but then you just try again.

If you only need a single mystic mask or two to help push some of your evos, it's an option you may want to look in to.

Edit: Here's a video of someone using this strategy that may help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pcQjoZFeo Watch in particular how he saves orbs on floor 4 in preparation for floor 5 - learning how to store orbs like that was really helpful in my development as a player.

Thanks man, i will look into this Zombie team. I dont think i have ever owned a low level ogre or just fed them asap to other monsters.

Edit:
Oh i thought they were called "Low Level Ogre" like the Low Level or Mid Ninjas. But these are the regular Ogres that will let you survive a single hit with 1hp. Hmmm...lets see if i can build a team around that idea. Now i need to look for an Autoheal friend as well.

cw_sasuke

Ok will try it again with this team...but to be fair, i dont expect much - just from the look of it xD

Edit:

Fuck that game..for some reason it didnt save my new team and i entered the dungeon with the old team - sacrificed stamina points and one of the few good healers in my friend list. I hate this game.

razterik

Dark Tron gets a small damage shield (25%?) and dark orb enhance active. 10 turns, 7 max with no easy skill up available. Uh, that's sorta underwhelming at first glance. Still probably needs Kushi for real damage protection. Might mitigate some preemptive deaths?

Also, third skill boost awakening, which is great.

cw_sasuke

Epic Drop, thanks again strategy worked like a charm, I would have never come up myself with such a strategy. Who would have thought that these crappy monsters would be the solution to the mask dungeons.

Beat it but I didn't get the Mystic Mask drop on the final floor, will try it again later when my stamina is back and I hope that my healer friend is available again.

Epic Drop, thanks again strategy worked like a charm, I would have never come up myself with such a strategy. Who would have thought that these crappy monsters would be the solution to the mask dungeons.

Beat it but I didn't get the Mystic Mask drop on the final floor, will try it again later when my stamina is back and I hope that my healer friend is available again.

Interestingly enough you can also beat Hera descended using a zombie/resist team provided you can make it past the first couple of regular floors (unless you get super lucky and no synced monsters appear at all).

smbu2000

Ok will try it again with this team...but to be fair, i dont expect much - just from the look of it xD

Edit:

Fuck that game..for some reason it didnt save my new team and i entered the dungeon with the old team - sacrificed stamina points and one of the few good healers in my friend list. I hate this game.
Did you push the back button after editing your team? It doesn't save the new lineup until you push the back button.

Epic Drop

Awesome, so glad it worked for you! When I was farming Wednesday dungeon with a Zombie team, I only had maybe a 50-60% success rate (mostly due to if all 3 masks on floor 4 were synced), so don't get too frustrated if you don't get the clear every single time.

It may take a few runs to get the mystic mask too... I remember once it took me something like 10 runs to get the one mystic mask I needed!

Hastati

LOL at 4 red dragon fruits for Sonia's evo. That should only take me about 30 runs to get. Fuck Trifruits.

I still don't even have a Sonia of any color! Or a Metatron! It seems like everyone else on my friends list has both. Is there some trick I don't know to getting them to drop faster from the gatcha!?

Or luck. Didn't have a single godfest exclusive in my first 190 or something days. YOLO rolled in a godfest that I wasn't even that interested in and got Dmeta and Blonia in a span of 3 rolls, with a +1 Hades in between. Then I finished with a Pierdra that gave my DJ a 1/1 skillup.

I think that's my luckiest godfest, ahead of even my 5/9 god rate during the last players choice godfest (Lu Bu, Persephone, Pandora, Horus, Bastet).

Epic Drop

Or just extreme luck.

My brother-in-law is non IAP and rolls godfest exclusive after godfest exclusive, Kirin after Kirin, Pandora after Pandora, etc.

On the other hand, I have terrible luck. I've been playing for about 9 months, IAP'd probably ~$100, and have gotten more or less complete trash on every pull - except for a single godfest where I pulled B. Sonia, B. Odin, and Amon all in a row and pretty much won the game lol

linsivvi

They are also essential in getting you S ranks for the tamadra rewards when you get to the end game.

Or just extreme luck.

My brother-in-law is non IAP and rolls godfest exclusive after godfest exclusive, Kirin after Kirin, Pandora after Pandora, etc.

On the other hand, I have terrible luck. I've been playing for about 9 months, IAP'd probably ~$100, and have gotten more or less complete trash on every pull - except for a single godfest where I pulled B. Sonia, B. Odin, and Amon all in a row and pretty much won the game lol

Hmm multiple Kirins doesnt sound too useful honestly.

Epic Drop

Apparently we are getting a fruit dragon tomorrow? Which one should I get? Probably Lemon?

That probably depends on what teams you could use one in, or what ones you already have. For instance, strawberry dragon is a pretty good sub in red guan yu, melon dragon could be a sub for green guan yu once his buff goes though, grape dragon can be decent in dark focused teams (and has been talked about in Durga teams to cover green), etc.

Personally, I'm going for Lemon since I've already gotten the others through the REM.

That probably depends on what teams you could use one in, or what ones you already have. For instance, strawberry dragon is a pretty good sub in red guan yu, melon dragon could be a sub for green guan yu once his buff goes though, grape dragon can be decent in dark focused teams (and has been talked about in Durga teams to cover green), etc.

Personally, I'm going for Lemon since I've already gotten the others through the REM.

I got basically a buttload of Light leaders. kirin, light Zhuge, Dqxq.

I hear grape dragon can make a psuedo Lucifer team though.

All of them can make a psuedo-Lucifer team, just with different colors.

I'm going to wait to see what godfest gives me before deciding between Lemon and Melon. I picked up the free orb too soon and settled for the dark orb. Of course, news comes out today that Dmeta ult needs the blue orb and I skipped the blue orb (which I exited out of because I didn't have anything that used a blue orb)...

linsivvi

I'll probably go for the Grape or Lemon Dragon. Luckily I still have enough Tamadras to max awaken it. Will be a good time to bring the Hello Kitty collab back too!

BTW, if any of you are using the PADherder/Wikia time for the daily dungeon, it's wrong. Use the Puzzledragonx time instead!

Taz

I'll probably go for the Grape or Lemon Dragon. Luckily I still have enough Tamadras to max awaken it. Will be a good time to bring the Hello Kitty collab back too!

BTW, if any of you are using the PADherder/Wikia time for the daily dungeon, it's wrong. Use the Puzzledragonx time instead!

Use Padguide app it's 100% better than anything else even works for jp Pad

linsivvi

Use Padguide app it's 100% better than anything else even works for jp Pad

Well PADherder is for managing monsters and mats. I don't really need an alarm app. PADX is usually sufficient in tracking events and daily dungeons. What's really failing is the English Wikia.

I talked with some of the English wiki guys a few weeks back and it seems like they've basically given up on the PAD Info Wars, since PADGuide and PDX do most of what they already do except with more support and without being hamstrung by the pile of shit that is MediaWiki.

linsivvi

I talked with some of the English wiki guys a few weeks back and it seems like they've basically given up on the PAD Info Wars, since PADGuide and PDX do most of what they already do except with more support and without being hamstrung by the pile of shit that is MediaWiki.

That's a shame. I prefer the wiki format of dungeon info especially the way they split the skills into different sections. Makes it a lot easier to read. I usually just hop over to the Chinese wiki as there are usually tons of team suggestions from the JP version players.

Top Bottom