• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

In non monstrike news looks like Phantom of the Kill (Fire Emblem & Dragons) came out on Android in Japan today. Wish I had the time to check that out tonight rather than rerolling / OT writing.

How is Ruins of the Star Vault for +1 eggs? Good place to farm them, or no?
Best stamina/+egg ratio in the game as far as I know. Averages are generally 1.5-2 eggs per run from what I've seen. Might not be worth stoning depending on how much stamina you have.

Althane

Best stamina/+egg ration in the game as far as I know. Averages are generally 1.5-2 eggs per run from what I've seen. Might not be worth stoning depending on how much stamina you have.

93 stam, so 3 runs. I might give it 3 runs, see how easy it is to beat, and then decide to stone or not from there.

ccbfan

Wow the new knights are trally good.

Not just as much better big blobs but as low cost leaders.

2x HP/ 2X Atk for Healer at 12 cost or less is pretty good.

Jagernaut

The new knights have a skill boost, enhanced orbs and 2 prong attack awakenings and initial cool down of 15 turns (10 when max skilled). Very nice.

I want the blue/green God/Physical knight for my Horus team.

Jagernaut

Next event.

*The Haunted Hour*
[Duration]: 10/25 (Sat), 12:00 AM (PDT) - 11/3 (Mon), 11:59 PM (PST)

The clock stops. The wood panels creak beneath you. Was that a whisper? There’s no moving air in here. What’s going on?

Somewhere in-between the moments, a madness crept in. The Haunted Hour has come to Puzzle & Dragons.

■① Daily Login Bonuses
10/25 - 11/3 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT/PST) the following day.

■② Just a Little Hematophagy
...Is what they would say to you. But don’t be fooled! These Vampires won’t stop until you’ve been completely drained of your life’s essence!

10/25 - 10/26 - Extreme Hera Rush!
10/27 - 10/31 - Lightless Devils’ Nest
11/1 - 11/3 - Gleaming Dragon

■③ Special Event Content
10/30 - 11/1 - ?????????????

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
*The Spirit Jewels are active from 10/25 to 11/3! See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
10/25 - Satan Descended!
10/26 - Beelzebub Descended!
10/27 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
10/27 - Dragon Zombie!
10/28 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
10/29 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
10/30- The Goddess Descended!
10/31 - The Thief Descended!
11/1 - Izanami Descended!
11/2 - Hera-Ur Descended!
11/3 - Hera-Is Descended!

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
10/25 - 11/3 - Rare Evo Materials
- Monsters from the Flower Dragon and Fairy series, such as Puchilip and Yellow Fairy, have now been added to the Pal Egg Machine!

Dungeon Bonus:
Special Appearances in "Castle of Satan" and "Castle of Satan in the Abyss"
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5 Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

yami4ct

That event is pretty bleh. Kind of boring group of descends and special dungeons are pretty bland. Will always take more stones, though. Sounds like Mystic Knights will be hitting CoS again, so that's always a good one.

How many times must we suffer through Lightless Devils' Nest? Come up with a better Devil special, please GungHo.

razterik

Two Mondays worth of 5x tech? Yes, thank you. Glad they started the event over the weekend as well so I can clear out Angry Bird skill ups on 2x days. Still missing spirit jewel bonus rates, though. I want to finish skilling my Chinese gods and maybe start Indra.

Starry View: 46 runs, 69 plus eggs.

I am beyond pissed right now. After finally getting a damn devilit to drop after weeks of angelits I feed my haku to evolve her to dd and nothing fucking happens! I did everything right. Fed her the right monsters padx was open right next to me. Wtf happened? My devlit is gone and I'm out more stones than I'd like to admit. =(

Althane

I am beyond pissed right now. After finally getting a damn devilit to drop after weeks of angelits I feed my haku to evolve her to dd and nothing fucking happens! I did everything right. Fed her the right monsters padx was open right next to me. Wtf happened? My devlit is gone and I'm out more stones than I'd like to admit. =(

Don't press the feed button unless it is glowing rainbow colors if you're trying to do a busty.

Diodiablo

Banned
99% you have put a Keeper of Dark instead of a Keeper of Rainbow. Happened to me too many times to list.

smbu2000

Yes, you have to make sure that the button is flashing. If it's not then you are doing something wrong (e.g. feeding the wrong monsters) or that the update for that hasn't gone through yet.

Last week I was about to feed my DMeta the monsters for her ultimate, but then I saw that the button was just the normal color. Then I decided to check out the official site and saw that the update wasn't due out until Tuesday and I held off on it.

Button flashing (JP site)

Quantum

99% you have put a Keeper of Dark instead of a Keeper of Rainbow. Happened to me too many times to list.

I almost did this with my FAL

Considering how hard it is to get the evo mats for most you would think there would be a mistake or undo button active for a minute after feeding.

Then again I've lost a ton of stamina confirming the wrong team entering high cost dungeons...

After this morning, my Sleeping Zhuge Liang is a Genius! Now, to max him and build a better team around him! :D

About that...

Hoping to score another Dub-Mythlit to evo my Blue Odin, I headed right back into Shrine of Spirits -- only to realize too late that I'd switched to my fledgling GZL team instead of my Wed/Fri farm team. Rather than back out and lose the stamina, I decided to take my lumps and lose the stamina. And... they won! Alraune helper's healing kept me alive thanks to Thumbelina's heartmaker abilities, Asgard's protection active kept me alive through a trio of dubs, the all-green team hit each one pretty hard, and BAO Copperhead's poison wiped out the final wave in one go. The only one who didn't pull his weight was BAO Robin.

Didn't get a Dub-Mythlit, though. :|

(What's an easy green orb-maker to get?)

(What's an easy green orb-maker to get?)

The upcoming event has mystic knights in Castle of Satan. Mystic stone knight evolves into Ancient Dragon Knight, Zeal who is a pretty solid option.

Highlander drops from the Two Heroes dungeon, but you may not have unlocked it or have a team that can handle it.

Also, Graviton Earth Dragon (evo'd form of Lil' Green Dragon) has an orb change skill, though the cool down is kind of long.

Zero_IYAD

After more than 520 days of playing, I finally maxed 'plussing' aka +297 a monster xD

tumblr_ndx2feHBvc1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Working on Bastet now :>

The upcoming event has mystic knights in Castle of Satan. Mystic stone knight evolves into Ancient Dragon Knight, Zeal who is a pretty solid option.

Highlander drops from the Two Heroes dungeon, but you may not have unlocked it or have a team that can handle it.

Also, Graviton Earth Dragon (evo'd form of Lil' Green Dragon) has an orb change skill, though the cool down is kind of long.
Nice, I've been looking to get my hands on ADKZ for a while now. What's the drop rate for Mystic Knights typically like? Are they an invade?

Regarding Two Heroes, long ways from that. I'm still trying to figure out if I have a team that can handle King of the Underworld yet since I don't have either half of an Odin/Healer team.

Nice, I've been looking to get my hands on ADKZ for a while now. What's the drop rate for Mystic Knights typically like? Are they an invade?

Regarding Two Heroes, long ways from that. I'm still trying to figure out if I have a team that can handle King of the Underworld yet since I don't have either half of an Odin/Healer team.
It's around 15% in COSITA and is an invade, so not too bad.

linsivvi

Congrats Zero. i've beend following your slow climb to 297 on lucifer. I think you and are the only people to still use him.

I still have a few Lucifer friends on my list, including Zero. I use them to run Super Kings (and King Carnival when I run out of main leads).

Jagernaut

Congrats Zero. i've beend following your slow climb to 297 on lucifer. I think you and are the only people to still use him.

I still use Lucifer for certain descends. I used mine with Zero's Lucifer to beat Zeus Vulcan after failing with 2 other teams.

Congrats to Zero. I have plusses scattered across multiple monsters but I want to +297 Ronia first, and then DTron, Haku, and maybe D/W Batman.

So uhh... has anybody had to restore their PAD save from data048.bin recently? The latest iOS update fucked my phone and forced it into recovery mode unexpectedly so I didn't have the opportunity to make a manual backup. When I attempt to use my old data048.bin file that I kept when I first started the game (and have successfully used to recover my save in the past), it doesn't change the account stored on the phone.

Uthred

So uhh... has anybody had to restore their PAD save from data048.bin recently? The latest iOS update fucked my phone and forced it into recovery mode unexpectedly so I didn't have the opportunity to make a manual backup. When I attempt to use my old data048.bin file that I kept when I first started the game (and have successfully used to recover my save in the past), it doesn't change the account stored on the phone.

I'd the same problem earlier in the week with android, cocked up a firmware update and had to wipe and reinstall the lot. Tried copying over data048.bin but no joy, however I'd a Titanium Backup of PAD v6.0.3, so I installed that version, copied over the data048.bin and then updated it and it worked. So maybe see if you can install an older version of the app?

I tried that with an old 6.x IPA I had lying around on my hard drive. Funny thing is, I got to the title screen and it had the correct user ID on the top left corner, but after it kicked me to the app store and had me update it disappeared and it goes straight to the new game screen.

Apparently none of my iPhone backups have PAD installed on them. It's especially weird for Dragon Poker because that game is supposed to lock to your device ID.

Overall, the takeaway lessons are
1. fuck iOS for having buggy as shit firmware upadates; this is like the second or third time this has happened
2. these games need better account recovery options
3. anybody who has ever used the data048.bin option to keep backups of their accounts might need to worry more about their account security now. If it's only failing because GungHo updated the way their saves are stored, it might just be as easy as making a fresh backup of their data.

J0dy77

Can someone put up Zeus so I can run Friday dungeon? I need one light to evolve athena. Sitting on 10 dark myths because gungtroll.

Zero_IYAD

Thanks everyone :")
I haven't actually used Luci as a leader in a looooong time!
He's only there as a leader since he fills the leader spot on the default team #1.
Am actually much much more of a Bastet user on team #2, & I jump between Horus & Ra every now & then depending on the dungeon.

It's been a long way maxing him out overall..
Hope things will go faster with Bastet this time :>

What's the most stamina efficient way to farm for the evolved Red Bird from AB collab? It would be nice to get a skill or two on Ame but I don't want to spend too much stamina evolving the first form.

Is Expert the best since he will always show up on that difficulty? Not sure what the 5th floor drop rate is like on 2x for Expert.

Decided to try KoG just for kicks with my Lu Bu/Ronia team. It was smooth sailing until Zeus. I just didn't have the damage. I really need a good devil board changer to replace the Trifruit I'm currently using.

Quantum

gg gungho - 10 shiron fed (2x5) now that 2x is running

no skill up.

so happy there is decent competition for my time and money now, although I do hope I wont have issues transferring my account to my new phone when it gets here.

Shitty skill ups and poor customer service - good luck keeping my loyalty.

btw: I'm so completely confused with monster strike using the same names! I keep rolling sub tier gods but its funny when I get an ODIN or SUSANO.

NineH

gg gungho - 10 shiron fed (2x5) now that 2x is running

no skill up.
I thought I had it bad with 3/20 skillups for DQXQ. That's also taking into account I have not done anything this past 2 weeks but just running that dungeon. At least I got a couple dubtopalits and some Apollo skill up materials out of it.

Quantum

I thought I had it bad with 3/20 skillups for DQXQ. That's also taking into account I have not done anything this past 2 weeks but just running that dungeon. At least I got a couple dubtopalits and some Apollo skill up materials out of it.

I'd say we are about similar at this point (I've had 2 previous skill ups so at level 3 right now)

just frustrating when you don't get that skill up and you figure you would get at least one feeding five.

NineH

I'd say we are about similar at this point (I've had 2 previous skill ups so at level 3 right now)

just frustrating when you don't get that skill up and you figure you would get at least one feeding five.

I agree, I get tense waiting for that green skill up! notice to pop up and when it doesn't, I cry a little inside. Now when it's floor 5 on that dungeon, I pray to the GungHo gods that the damn Pixie doesn't drop. Mercifully Shiron drops more often or else I just feed the pixie away.

Quantum

I agree, I get tense waiting for that green skill up! notice to pop up and when it doesn't, I cry a little inside. Now when it's floor 5 on that dungeon, I pray to the GungHo gods that the damn Pixie doesn't drop. Mercifully Shiron drops more often or else I just feed the pixie away.

its worse when the mob is already maxed. no indication of anything without a skill up.

Complaining here always seems to work for me btw - just fed 1 more and got a skill up.

(level 4/6 atm)

On PAD Wiki's Castle of Satan page, there's a schedule for which Mystic Knights invade on what days and on which floors, but it's from the last time which was March/April? Would that still be a viable guide to use, or does GungHo change the invade cycle each time? Would cut down on the work if I knew where and when to farm to get that ADKZ pre-monster.

Top Bottom