• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I had it all planned out in my head. I was going to burn a zillion stamina on thursday dungeon cuz I'm bottle necking on dragon fruits hard right now. Oh, but it's green metal dragon day and I'm also bottle necking pretty hard on green exp... Oh, but it's jewel guerrilla day and I have 0/6 green jewels on one of my accounts and could use them to skill up my fifty Balboa's on the other... Oh, but I need to start working on these challenge dungeons, there's only 3 days to go... Oh, but I need to finish farming skill ups for my Sarasvati, there's only 3 days to go...

This is the hardest I've had to fight off the urge to gem up a bar of stamina in a while. What I wouldn't give for enhance carnival on the PEM . Both of my accts been sitting on 50 pal pulls for like 2 weeks now while I wait for these garbage machines to go away.

Bladelaw

I had it all planned out in my head. I was going to burn a zillion stamina on thursday dungeon cuz I'm bottle necking on dragon fruits hard right now. Oh, but it's green metal dragon day and I'm also bottle necking pretty hard on green exp... Oh, but it's jewel guerrilla day and I have 0/6 green jewels on one of my accounts and could use them to skill up my fifty Balboa's on the other... Oh, but I need to start working on these challenge dungeons, there's only 3 days to go... Oh, but I need to finish farming skill ups for my Sarasvati, there's only 3 days to go...

This is the hardest I've had to fight off the urge to gem up a bar of stamina in a while. What I wouldn't give for enhance carnival on the PEM . Both of my accts been sitting on 50 pal pulls for like 2 weeks now while I wait for these garbage machines to go away.

If tradition holds, enhance carnival should be tomorrow...

Look at it this way: Sarasvati skillups are probably the thing you want to focus on first since who knows when we'll get another run of insect dragons? Jewels are nice and the guerilla is pretty efficient at dropping them (except for reds in my case...) but it's recurring so it'll be around relatively soon again. Also Balboa skillups are in the rotation and could go to something a little less rare next go around. Dragon Fruits are farmable outside of Thursday (though obviously less efficient) so you can look for them when you have fewer things to do.

Also techs are 4x rank XP. Alt Trailokya floor 5 is something like 97k XP for 15-30 stam depending on coop. you can rank pretty reliably from that.
I'd run things in this order:
Sarasvati skillups
Jewel Invade (using techs for free stam refills)
Thursday dungeon/Emerald Dragons (depending on evo needs)

J0dy77

I already have you added, assuming you have RaDra up right now! I've used your Yamamoto quite a bit <3

Forgot we added recently, found you on the list. "Moblin" right? I'll send once you confirm.

Tip for newer people in the thread, throw an @gaf on the end of your name. I never delete another Gaffer, even after extended breaks.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hmm is that 4x tech exp supposed to be live right now? I still have some progression in Techs to do and I just tried an alt satan floor and didn't get more than normal.

Forgot we added recently, found you on the list. "Moblin" right? I'll send once you confirm.

Tip for newer people in the thread, throw an @gaf on the end of your name. I never delete another Gaffer, even after extended breaks.

Yep that was me, I just added "@GAF" for clarity, too.

Hey guys, looks like there's a godfest happening in 5 hours? I played P&D a couple years back, and want to start up again. IIRC, I used DQXQ last time, and enjoyed that type of gameplay. What sorts of monsters do I want aim for as a starter during this godfest that feature a fun style of gameplay and will be useful for the future?

jiggle

Hey guys, looks like there's a godfest happening in 5 hours? I played P&D a couple years back, and want to start up again. IIRC, I used DQXQ last time, and enjoyed that type of gameplay. What sorts of monsters do I want aim for as a starter during this godfest that feature a fun style of gameplay and will be useful for the future?
Ilm!

W-00

Unfortunately, this is not a very good Godfest. Neither pantheon is particularly beginner-friendly, so you'd mostly be aiming for a Godfest Exclusive (GFE) or something from the Gala (and we don't know what the Gala will be, other than it won't be dark), Ilm and Kaede are both powerful and popular leads, but they are very rare and could take a long time to roll. Kanna is also good, but also rare. Sumire is pretty good, too, and somewhat more common. Fujin is not a leader, but people will yell at you if you pull her and still decide to reroll.

As far as tomorrow's pantheon goes, Set, Nut, and Osiris can be useful subs, but that would depend on pulling leads for them. Hathor and Nepthys are probably the better leaders of the five, but it's unlikely that they'd see use for harder content.

The Wisdom Kings (the pantheon on day 2) are fairly niche. The dark one (Vajrabhairava) would probably be the most useful to a new account, but again he's not really endgame material.

The GFEs on day 2 still include Ilm, so there's still a (tiny) chance at rolling her. Other than her, your best options on day 2 would probably be the five Dukes pf Hell (Dantalion, Sitri, Ronove, Paimon, Gremory). Of the five, Ronove and Gremory see the most use. Gremory is the easier of the two to use.

Kaede, Sumire, Ronove, and Gremory are all part of the heartcross meta. In this meta, you match EXACTLY five heart orbs in a + shape to gain a shield and damage enhance (most heartcross leads also have you do something else to gain the full attack multiplier).

W-00

Tomorrow is Gala of Tides per Facebook. Not worth a pity roll tbh.

Wow, this is a bad Godfest.

Well, to add to my earlier comments about available leaders: Sarasvati and Andromeda are both worth keeping. Sarasvati may actually be the best option available during this GF, but she's rather orb-hungry.

I actually started with Isis, but she isn't an endgame leader, and is only a viable sub on a few teams.

LiQuid!

I was gonna roll a couple day 1 cause I don't own any Egypt 2's on either account... But looking at them all, they're all pretty worthless, so I think I'm gonna hang onto my stones for a better GF. Bummer.

Aesnath

Eh, I'm still going to roll some tomorrow. Right now I'm looking for Meri stuff, so gala of tides is OK (wouldn't mind a carat either).

On reddit, the discussion about Ruel has mentioned that RCV is still a problem, unless you have green valk or Odindra. Anyone got a good way to beat the gaiadra stage? I've been working on the Minerva cheese, but I still don't have enough fire latents for complete immunity. I'd still take like 3% of damage. Would that be enough to get there?

Edit: Crap, seems like Persephone would be challenging with Minerva cheese; she rotates between critical poison and bind constantly.

Aesnath

We haven't talked about it yet, did they finally make light meta worthwile? She seems like an amazing glass cannon.

Here's reco rolling over arena 3.

https://youtu.be/M5ij7KEmT1k

Mantastic seems to think she doesn't suck. Really, it is starting to seem like HP buffs are nice, but craploads of damage and RCV are really all one needs to do well currently. Probably has something to do with availability of coop and generally having a few solutions to meet HP thresholds, where RCV problems are hard to resolve.

At the end of the day, L. Meta now works with basically any light god that makes light orbs. She really likes OE and that's about it. 56x damage with one cross is serviceable on trash floors and damage on two crosses is very high.

After everything is said and done, I think the real winners of the last two batches of evos are:

L. Meta
D. Meta (works great with Durga's new active skill! I missed that interaction initially)
Ruel
Perseus
Andromeda
Yamato

Some of the others got nice stuff, but it probably they aren't likely significantly better than the were before. Rozuel is probably in the hardest spot, as her LS is good, but her sub pool is a bit too restrictive, her active doesn't help her LS, and evoing her means you lose out on her viability on some of her better current placements (ronove, most notably).

W-00

Despite what I said about this being a bad Godfest, I decided that since my alt didn't have any of Egyptian 2 and needed more Meri subs, it would make a few rolls today.

My rolls were rewarded with Karin, Vishnu, and Sasuke. I thought about stopping there, but I rolled one more time and was punished with a (dupe) Chrono Turtle which I promptly sold.

I think the game might be telling me to stop focusing so much on DAthena and use the Ruel split evo, My alt now has Vishnu, Sasuke, A. Artemis, G/D Artemis, Ishida, ALB, a second Liu Bei (EDIT: Oh, right LB eats dark, so they're no use), Kaede, A, Freyja, and Ceres Regalia Mari for green attackers. And Ruel, of course. Granted, only Ruel and Ishida actually make both green and dark orbs, but I have Karin and Zuoh for potential inherits.

I just pulled a Kirin Sakuya in the godfest -- would this be a good starter? Also have some cyberbeast thing from my second egg.

Sakuya is a rainbow glass cannon. That means that she requires multiple colors to be matched to activate her multiplier, but when it that happens she can do a lot of damage. She recently got a new evolution in Japan (I don't think it has come over yet, but it will) that raises her maximum attack multiplier to (I think) 400x, which is highly respectable. The problem is that she lacks any sort of survival enhancer (HP multiplier or shield), which is what puts the "glass" in "glass cannon".

LiQuid!

I just realized that both of my accounts have rolled 4 6-star GFE's and 3 of them are the same on both (Rodin, Kaede, Roots). Isn't that some kind of weird coincidence.

Is today's MP gift the last one we're getting? It's going to put both of my accounts within about 50k of another MP monster. I don't think I have the boxes to support any of the other dragons unfortunately.

W-00

Yeah, today's MP gift is the last of this set. Pretty sure it's only available today (I ran both of mine as soon as the appeared, so I can't check), so everybody remember to not dilly-dally and clear that dungeon ASAP!

Aesnath

Despite what I said about this being a bad Godfest, I decided that since my alt didn't have any of Egyptian 2 and needed more Meri subs, it would make a few rolls today.

My rolls were rewarded with Karin, Vishnu, and Sasuke. I thought about stopping there, but I rolled one more time and was punished with a (dupe) Chrono Turtle which I promptly sold.

I think the game might be telling me to stop focusing so much on DAthena and use the Ruel split evo, My alt now has Vishnu, Sasuke, A. Artemis, G/D Artemis, Ishida, ALB, a second Liu Bei (EDIT: Oh, right LB eats dark, so they're no use), Kaede, A, Freyja, and Ceres Regalia Mari for green attackers. And Ruel, of course. Granted, only Ruel and Ishida actually make both green and dark orbs, but I have Karin and Zuoh for potential inherits.

I agree about the whole Ruel vs. D. Athena thing. As I've mentioned here a few times, I wasn't strongly considering her, as I don't have some of her ideal subs. However, there was a strong sense of missing out, which has made me hesitant to pull the trigger on other purchases. Ruel seems at least roughly comparable, depending on the subs one has, so I feel better about not getting D. Athena quite a bit.

D. Athena may be somewhat better than Ruel, but it isn't all one sided (notably, Ruel's active being a sure LS activation on a five turn cooldown seems great) and being mentioned in the same breath as probably the most consistent meta lead ain't bad.

Now it remains to be seen if Odindra/G.Valk are actually required for RCV or not.

W-00

Now it remains to be seen if Odindra/G.Valk are actually required for RCV or not.

Looking up green attackers in the monster book, it looks like Revo. Astaroth would also be a good choice (she actually seems to be the green attacker with the highest RCV). Other options include (in decreasing order of RCV) UUvo Kushi, Michael, Kaho, Leeza, Thumbelina, and A. Artemis. All but Astaroth are inferior to Odindra/G.Valk. EDIT: Revo Kushi might be better than any but Odindra and Revo. Astaroth, but she's just not showing up in the sorting yet.

If I were going to make Ruel teams on both accounts, I'd probably go with something like:

Main: Ruel, Revo. Astaroth, A. Perseus, Michael, and one of Mari/Huey/GZL. I'd probably inherit my other Ruel somewhere, too.
Alt: Ruel, Ishida, A. Artemis, and then two of A. Freyja/Mari/GD.Artemis.

Also, darnit, I was wrong about pulling Vishnu earlier. I was just thinking, "Oh, hey, it's that green guy I didn't have from the something 2 series! That's Vishnu, right?" It was actually Osiris, who is not an attacker.

Aesnath

Looking up green attackers in the monster book, it looks like Revo. Astaroth would also be a good choice (she actually seems to be the green attacker with the highest RCV). Other options include (in decreasing order of RCV) UUvo Kushi, Michael, Kaho, Leeza, Thumbelina, and A. Artemis. All but Astaroth are inferior to Odindra/G.Valk. EDIT: Revo Kushi might be better than any but Odindra and Revo. Astaroth, but she's just not showing up in the sorting yet.

If I were going to make Ruel teams on both accounts, I'd probably go with something like:

Main: Ruel, Revo. Astaroth, A. Perseus, Michael, and one of Mari/Huey/GZL. I'd probably inherit my other Ruel somewhere, too.
Alt: Ruel, Ishida, A. Artemis, and then two of A. Freyja/Mari/GD.Artemis.

Also, darnit, I was wrong about pulling Vishnu earlier. I was just thinking, "Oh, hey, it's that green guy I didn't have from the something 2 series! That's Vishnu, right?" It was actually Osiris, who is not an attacker.

Gah, I have like none of those. My potential green attackers are Odin, Ishida, Kaede, perseus. Not a lot of RCV in that group. Ugh, I really don't want an odindra, but at least it seems more easily evolved than the other MP dragons (would just have to struggle through Gaia dragon).

Also, watch out with Michael, his active eats dark orbs.

W-00

Gah, I have like none of those. My potential green attackers are Odin, Ishida, Kaede, perseus. Not a lot of RCV in that group. Ugh, I really don't want an odindra, but at least it seems more easily evolved than the other MP dragons (would just have to struggle through Gaia dragon).

Ishida is still decent for RCV. He's not great, at just under 400, but that's not bad. Between him and the others I listed are G/L Susano and GZL. If you farmed her, Titania has a good RCV stat and is inheritable, so you could at least get a bit of a bonus from her, too.

Still, I'm sure there will be plenty of Godfests between now and when we get Ruel, so it's not like there's a need to hurry to get Odindra. There will be chances to roll other options.

Also, watch out with Michael, his active eats dark orbs.

Crud, I forgot about that. Guess I'll just have to use two of Mari/Huey/GZL. Good thing Astaroth will still be providing plenty of RCV.

Aesnath

Ishida is still decent for RCV. He's not great, at just under 400, but that's not bad. Between him and the others I listed are G/L Susano and GZL. If you farmed her, Titania has a good RCV stat and is inheritable, so you could at least get a bit of a bonus from her, too.

Still, I'm sure there will be plenty of Godfests between now and when we get Ruel, so it's not like there's a need to hurry to get Odindra. There will be chances to roll other options.

Crud, I forgot about that. Guess I'll just have to use two of Mari/Huey/GZL. Good thing Astaroth will still be providing plenty of RCV.

Yeah, I'm definitely not jumping on the Odindra wagon yet, but I am going to keep it in mind. I'll see how things shake out in JP before I make a purchase. Moreover, unless I've calculated it wrong (a strong possibility), on my proposed team, the RCV at max level is 1925, with plusses it jumps to 3707; after LS, with the regular RCV badge, it is like 10k on a match of three, or, more realistically, 16k with the other requisite matches. The real problem is that it would only be 4633 on stalling turns, which kind of sucks. Still, not as bad as I was thinking.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Rolled 3 times and got shit.

Got Cindrella
Got Demon Zouh(Which would be fine, but he's my fourth)
Got something else that had like a 4 rating on PAD site.

Sold it all.

Sorry to keep asking, but I'm having trouble locating an up-to-date reroll tier list. I just got an orange dragonbound saria. Is this a keeper?

Hmmm that's a tough one. She's a good sub on a great farmable team (Myr), and probably is in line for an evo soon. And her as a lead will get you pretty far. Have you rolled anything else? I might keep her but if you're wanting a top tier lead you'd want to reroll.

Hmmm that's a tough one. She's a good sub on a great farmable team (Myr), and probably is in line for an evo soon. And her as a lead will get you pretty far. Have you rolled anything else? I might keep her but if you're wanting a top tier lead you'd want to reroll.

I actually haven't been able to find a program to backup / reroll quickly, so I've only rerolled a few times so far. I probably can't dedicate that much time to rerolling right now, either. I'd like a top tier lead for sure, but if it's going to take more than a couple more hours of rolling to get anything better than this on average, I think I'd just stick with it.

LiQuid!

Finished these studs!

Xhb6WEy.jpg
jlDoed9.jpg

My Ronove teams are now:

Ron > Kaede > Vishnu > RagDrag > Ame no Uzume

Ron > Kaede > Robin Hood > RagDrag > Ame no Uzume

Is it too much to ask for a Rozuel on each account out of my memorial pulls next week? I've only seen her pantheon show up in the godfests like twice since I started playing and have gotten nothing but Lumiels and Famiels out of them.

I actually haven't been able to find a program to backup / reroll quickly, so I've only rerolled a few times so far. I probably can't dedicate that much time to rerolling right now, either. I'd like a top tier lead for sure, but if it's going to take more than a couple more hours of rolling to get anything better than this on average, I think I'd just stick with it.
Probably a better starter than Sakuya. Her one downside is her leader skill doesn't really get there in today's endgame, but you've got plenty of game before getting to that point anyways so who cares.

^ nice ragdrags, I have the MP to get one but I can't deal with rainbow/combo leads yet so his active is terrifying to me :(

I'd keep Saria, honestly. Her active is fantastic and works with a lot of currently decent teams (and future ones, like Light Metatron), and if you're not IAPing there are a bunch of farmable cards that sync well with her.

If you play with a friend Saria, the free 6.25x attack bonus for all light cards along with quadrupling your HP will get you through the early/early-mid game and net you a lot of easy stones that you can roll for more appropriate leads to carry you into the end game. The only sticking point is her lack of damage which will make the wall HURT when you hit it. It doesn't help that to get her to her max multiplier it requires using an active skill, and skilling up monsters to the point where you can use skills with abandon is definitely not an early game thing.

Rolled 3 times and got shit.

Got Cindrella
Got Demon Zouh(Which would be fine, but he's my fourth)
Got something else that had like a 4 rating on PAD site.

Sold it all.

I hope you at least had a copy of the ones you sold, Cindy has a low-cooldown heartmaking and bind clear skill which is situationally very useful, especially as an inherit.

Aesnath

Hmm, so things that seem solid early and late, off the top of my head:

Krishna (very unlikely right now)

Any of the heroes are OK leads (especially for the start) and great subs (getting better in a few months), Andromeda would be most likely right now.

Greek 2 (Hermes, right now) end up being good early to mid game leaders and solid subs

Acala (tomorrow) is very good, but can be challenging to run

GFE wise, Ronove is solid early (just focus on color matching) and good late (heartcross plus colors); typhon is ok early and ok late, but stays a good sub for many teams; Ilm seems reasonable early and is pretty good late; baldin also seems manageable, but unimpressive; in general I would likely keep most 6*, if you roll one.

This game gives out stones regularly, if you have something desirable early, you can try to get a team together gradually around it. A single great unit isn't as big a deal as it is in some gatcha games.

Really the problem is that the current GF features relatively lacking pantheons.

Pairing her with Awoken Thor and a team of light row subs will get you through all the normal dungeons, most of the technicals, and most descends that are over a year old. An LValk is also an excellent farmable sub for her short CD and ability to combo with Saria's board for burst damage.

Obviously, better leads will take you this far and further but it's up to you if you want to reroll now or keep her and bet on getting something better later.

Pairing with another Saria is also viable for most normals. You'll have crap RCV but 4x hp and it will last because there are no %maxHP attacks in Normals from the enemies.

LiQuid!

I can hardly ever justify selling REM monsters, especially if it's the only one I have. You never know what they're going to do to them over time. Some day my Mistrain is going to be an elite card then who will be laughing?

LiQuid!

Knew I wasn't going to be able to resist dropping some stones on this FraudFest.

Day 1 got a Nut on my alt, -1 box troll gold on my main

Day 2 on the alt got a third Acala (sold) and a 2nd Sarasvati (-1 box space until the end of time). On the main I got a silver trash dupe and sold it, but then on the 2nd roll got my first diamond REM egg and it was Paimon! Digging it.

Nearly a disaster but that last roll saved it. Paimon seems lackluster as a lead but with a pair of nearly finished Myrs on the way he might make a good sub on my account with the weaker light box. That active is cash money tho, and super easy to skill up.

Looking at my boxes now I'm realizing how unprepared I am to make 2 Myr teams out of my ramshackle light boxes. Missing awakenings, non-max level cards, few skill ups, no +eggs, etc. Been so preoccupied with evo'ing the Myrs ASAP and I'm not even really ready for them.

Knew I wasn't going to be able to resist dropping some stones on this FraudFest.

Day 1 got a Nut on my alt, -1 box troll gold on my main

Day 2 on the alt got a third Acala (sold) and a 2nd Sarasvati (-1 box space until the end of time). On the main I got a silver trash dupe and sold it, but then on the 2nd roll got my first diamond REM egg and it was Paimon! Digging it.

Nearly a disaster but that last roll saved it. Paimon seems lackluster as a lead but with a pair of nearly finished Myrs on the way he might make a good sub on my account with the weaker light box. That active is cash money tho, and super easy to skill up.

Looking at my boxes now I'm realizing how unprepared I am to make 2 Myr teams out of my ramshackle light boxes. Missing awakenings, non-max level cards, few skill ups, no +eggs, etc. Been so preoccupied with evo'ing the Myrs ASAP and I'm not even really ready for them.

2 Sarasvatis are fine on Meridionalis teams, if you have her or roll her the next time the Heroine REM comes around (which should be soon-ish?). Blue rows just blow shit up and 2 Saras = permanent blue skyfall and tons of damage.

Myr is strong enough to get by with sub-optimal teams/cards/plusses/etc. Paimon's active is really good but no rows or TPAs mean less damage than other staples of a Myr row or TPA team. HP is crazy though -- you effectively get 22,000 HP from him ALONE (nearly 26k with plusses) with a heart cross.

LiQuid!

I wouldn't roll on that awful Heroine REM again with somebody else's stones. I've got enough Mels and Sheenas stinking up my box already.

Piecing together teams and realizing, yeah I don't really need Paimon since my main has a pretty good Myr team actually. I totally forgot I had R. Venus and New Year Hanzo.

urv5WD7.png

More worried about my alt's box now who doesn't have any great row subs. Dunno why I thought this account had the stronger Myr subs

edit: just did another YOLO roll on my alt and got a Carat! First jewel princess on that account, and a good one! Will probably not be able to resist one last roll on the main too. Stay tuned for an update.

Bladelaw

Lack luster godfest but I pulled a dupe Balboa so that's going to see some use. Arena farming is a hell of a thing right now. I'm going to keep running it until something interesting to do pops up. Aizen is a boring clear but it's quick and consistent so I really can't complain. Fujin on Halloween Izanami really speeds up the whole run.

Top Bottom