• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Jagernaut

Super Yomi Dragon crushed Khepri and Serket. My current favorite team.

SYD
A Haku - will switch to Reincarnated Haku
D/L Akechi
Hamal - will replace with Reincarnated Persephone
Castor & Pollux - good active and can use 5 light orbs for damage

I subbed in A Lucifer for Serket.

With +15% hp badge team has over 32k hp and almost 16k rcv.

b33r

I love super Yomi Dragon, best mp purchase for me by far. A great lead again and even a better sub. She does so much damage now on my Aizen team. I think she has been relevant for me since the purchase. I have Shiva Dragon, plum, and you Yu, and I rarely use them.

I have almost 700k mp now, but dunno if I need dark Athena since I have Aizen. Hope there is some new mp cards soon.

raiot

New farmable and INHERITABLE Monsters from the upcoming Android 3 Player update.
Difficulty will be harder then any dungeon before.

Translation from Reddit post

Cuthulu
AS: Heart/Jammer/Poison orbs to Water orbs; 3 turn bind clear MAX 5 CD
LS: At full HP, 5x ATK, <99% HP for 2.5x ATK; Match 6+ water orbs for 2x ATK & RCV
UcbHNf8.jpg

Nyarlathotep
AS: 1 turn delay; Heart/Jammer/Poison orbs to Wood orbs MAX 7 CD
LS: At full HP, 5x ATK, <99% HP for 2.5x ATK; Match 2+ wood combos for 2x ATK & RCV
HGPQosd.jpg

Azathoth
AS: DKali board; 3 turn bind clear MAX 7 CD
LS: At full HP 6x ATK, <99% HP for 3x ATK; Match 5 colors for 2x ATK & RCV
RSErqWx.jpg

Yes, you're not dreaming, that's a DKali Active with bind clear on the same CD as normal DKali on a farmable Monster. Prepare for extrem Piing :)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Nice farmable Dkali since I'll never pull one. I wonder if it's assist eligible. That'd be too much, eh?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent played much lately....but PaD is getting 3 Player Multiplayer ?

Bladelaw

So they've exhausted the standby pantheons and are venturing into Lovecraftian horror? I almost feel like C'thulu should be in Azathoth's slot.

I'm really curious how 3p dungeons will work. Will it be 3p only like when they introduced multiplayer or will it be available to anyone but be balanced around 3p? I wouldn't mind one of each but Azathoth is the real gem. I don't know that I'd want to run these dungeons more than once though if it's reminiscent of the Machine Descends. I might do each one twice just to make sure I have an extra of each for evo mat because you know that's going to happen eventually.

Aesnath

So, kind of excited about lovecraft pantheon, BUT, they said it would be the hardest dungeon they've ever made. Given that I am not able to tackle Annihilation content, I don't think they are for me at this point. Everyone will have a combo shield of 7 or higher, 30% resolve, and a damage absorb for some incredibly low amount of damage. Also, everything just swings with 500% gravities, all the time.

Honestly, that would sort of fit with the lovecraft mythos. There are some dungeons you are not meant to enter.

I have also continued to screw around with Anubis, and I have decided that part of the problem with getting big combos is space. There just isn't enough of it. Getting 7 combos leaves you with only 9 orbs unmatched on the board. I'm starting to think that, to get high combo counts, you really have to force yourself to match exclusively in columns or rows rather than just going with what seems easiest.

I wish his multiplier started at 5. I can get to 5 pretty reliably. I get to seven maybe 15% of the time, and I can't predict when that will happen. I've never had 8 combos on board, but I skyfall into it a bit less than 10% of the time. I wonder who else dual diaochans would work with.

Also, I noticed that I want far more on the rank 150 roll than the 250. Seems kinda sad really.

So they've exhausted the standby pantheons and are venturing into Lovecraftian horror? I almost feel like C'thulu should be in Azathoth's slot.

I'm really curious how 3p dungeons will work. Will it be 3p only like when they introduced multiplayer or will it be available to anyone but be balanced around 3p? I wouldn't mind one of each but Azathoth is the real gem. I don't know that I'd want to run these dungeons more than once though if it's reminiscent of the Machine Descends. I might do each one twice just to make sure I have an extra of each for evo mat because you know that's going to happen eventually.
Due to the random nature of matchmaking I feel like they have to only have a small number of dungeons on rotation at any given time. Otherwise you'll never find anybody to run the less popular dungeons.

Aesnath

So, I just realized that I have zero knowledge of how damage in this game really works. Earlier, I realized that Meri was typically spiking more damage than Gremory on kill boards, despite her lower multiplier. I chalked this up to Meri's ability to just clump a large number of blue orbs together, while Gremory often has to make due with just a row and a combo or two.

But then, I started messing around with Revo Ra (using those two diochans). The good news is that I find Ra quite a bit more consistent than Anubis (assuming the orbs are there, can get max multiplier about 50% of the time). On the other hand, 224x is typically only generating about 1 million per Ra, which seems really low for the effort involved.

So, yeah, I have no clue how to figure out who is going to damage what and for how much. I would never have thought 224x would feel low, but that is where I am at.

Due to the random nature of matchmaking I feel like they have to only have a small number of dungeons on rotation at any given time. Otherwise you'll never find anybody to run the less popular dungeons.

Given that it is random, how can you ever hope to build solid pairings for these supposedly very challenging dungeons. Just go with a lead you think will work and hope for the best?

So, I just realized that I have zero knowledge of how damage in this game really works. Earlier, I realized that Meri was typically spiking more damage than Gremory on kill boards, despite her lower multiplier. I chalked this up to Meri's ability to just clump a large number of blue orbs together, while Gremory often has to make due with just a row and a combo or two.

But then, I started messing around with Revo Ra (using those two diochans). The good news is that I find Ra quite a bit more consistent than Anubis (assuming the orbs are there, can get max multiplier about 50% of the time). On the other hand, 224x is typically only generating about 1 million per Ra, which seems really low for the effort involved.

So, yeah, I have no clue how to figure out who is going to damage what and for how much. I would never have thought 224x would feel low, but that is where I am at.

Given that it is random, how can you ever hope to build solid pairings for these supposedly very challenging dungeons. Just go with a lead you think will work and hope for the best?
224x is very high but when the number of orbs per color you are matching is low, like with Ra and other multi-color match leads, it doesn't hit very hard. I think the key to big damage in that situation is to bring 1 or more TPA heavy hitters, like Kanna.

Bladelaw

Am I the only dumbass that wants to farm Serket and max skill her? I have the King Badtans ready and nothing else to skill up. I need to find out if I can safely coop it with my alt. I can solo it no problem but the extra stamina cost sucks.

Basically I pulled a couple Horus the last GF he was featured in, I revo'd 1 and kept the other in Awoken form to play around with Serket as a lead. Also since she'll be inheritable eventually having a customizable shield could be handy.

Team I'm considering:
Serket
Awoken Horus (HorAce inherit)
Heroine Navi (Kaoru Kali)
Awoken Okuni
YomiDragon (Shadow Dragon Swordsman)

Heavy dark, lots of time extends, 11 SBR for a 55% shield pretty much on demand, Hard bind clear that doesn't screw activation also leaving the heart row bind clear as an option. Delay+spike for annoying threats or defense cracking. Plenty of time extends and Awoken Horus' active for even more time. Also 2.25 HP/ATK/RCV passively which combined with the shields means you can stall forever on almost anything. Oh and complete poison and jammer immunity.

Looking at the new Ruel, she loses her dark subtype and many of my good attackers don't have dark type. The way her LS is worded it seems like it might not require you to actually attack with it though, just match them?

"All attribute cards ATK x5, RCV x1.5 when reaching Wood & Dark combos."

This compared to Revo Ra

"All attribute cards ATK x5, RCV x2 when attacking with Fire, Water, Wood, Light & Dark orb types at the same time."

Can anyone confirm how her LS actually works?

Aesnath

Looking at the new Ruel, she loses her dark subtype and many of my good attackers don't have dark type. The way her LS is worded it seems like it might not require you to actually attack with it though, just match them?

This compared to Revo Ra

"All attribute cards ATK x5, RCV x2 when attacking with Fire, Water, Wood, Light & Dark orb types at the same time."

Has anything else ever worked that way?

Wait, 3p is all random? You can't choose who to 3p with like with 2p?

I posted a few hot takes on the mode earlier, but the main advantage of 3P is that you have access to almost double the number of actives compared to 2P due to no leaders being shared (you bring somebody from your friends list before entering matchmaking). Another minor benefit is that having separate HP pools lets you survive some floors that you wouldn't be able to in single player.

I actually enjoy the mode quite a lot so far because a lot of amusing things can happen in 3P, but if you're looking for stable farming runs you'll probably have trouble.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Am I the only dumbass that wants to farm Serket and max skill her?

I don't think this makes you a dumbass but I think it could be indicative of a level of boredom attained with excessive whaling that has left you unfulfilled by playing more standard, easily acquirable, and capable leads. I imagine this is why Dzy plays asinine leaders like Trailo that offer no real functional benefit over better leaders (tho watching him button M. Zeus was pretty funny).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes, they showed it off last JP stream. Everyone brings their own full team, and leaders dont have to pair with eachother.

Cool, thanks...this sounds pretty cool - need to start working on some new units again.

Jagernaut

I don't think so and I'm not holding onto hope, just wanted confirmation that I will have a harder time fielding a good Ruel team than I previously thought.

You have to attack with dark as well. If you don't have any wood/dark subs find a dark/wood or just dark sub with a useful skill.

Bladelaw

This compared to Revo Ra

Based on JP vids and past experience with this sort of leaderskill I'm going to say you'll need dark covered somewhere on the team. A quick padx search brought up the following decent G/D attackers: Awoken Freyja, GValk, G/D Astaroth, G/D Ishida, with Griffin Rider and GZL as budget options. GZL is actually pretty solid once he gets his third prong. Griffin rider makes a decent inherit base for multiplayer and would have absolutely crazy stats in multiplayer. 7468 HP, 5599 ATK, 408 RCV is NUTS. with a Wood + Dark match RCV jumps to over 900 and ATK explodes. Add in a prong or two and Griff one shots most serious threats. THIS IS BEFORE +'s! So if for whatever reason you're playing multiplayer with Ruel leads I'd recommend bringing Griff. In Single player he loses a lot of that shine and GZL is probably the better pick there.

I don't think this makes you a dumbass but I think it could be indicative of a level of boredom attained with excessive whaling that has left you unfulfilled by playing more standard, easily acquirable, and capable leads. I imagine this is why Dzy plays asinine leaders like Trailo that offer no real functional benefit over better leaders (tho watching him button M. Zeus was pretty funny).

See that's one of the things I really enjoy about watching Dzy. The "hey I wonder if I can make this idiot team work" mentality is something I've shared since playing Magic: The Gathering in school. It's the main reason I plussed out Markab and Kisuke. They're dumb teams that just might work.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Heroine REM is coming back soon (I think?)!

You still have hope!

Good, hopefully I get her luck -_-

Anyways, on the Sphinx Descend dungeon, the 3rd boss, I'm having trouble with. The over 200,000k damage absorb and kills you.

Do you think a Green Odin Team would be good? Keep my HP full and just wear her down?

Bladelaw

Anyways, on the Sphinx Descend dungeon, the 3rd boss, I'm having trouble with. The over 200,000k damage absorb and kills you.

Do you think a Green Odin Team would be good? Keep my HP full and just wear her down?

Sopdet is the worst thing ever. Whenever you see anyone here talk about damage control it's usually in relation to her. Basically you need to know your lead and exactly how much damage you deal and be able to throttle it low enough that she doesn't get healed.

What's you team? We might be able to help you out of it. Green Odin doesn't work because her "Goodbye" attack hits you multiple times. Godin's leaderskill only applies to the first hit.

Box folder feature is pretty cool, I have one set up for unbindable gods and the other for "projects" so I can actually remember what dailies I need to run

Aesnath

I don't think so and I'm not holding onto hope, just wanted confirmation that I will have a harder time fielding a good Ruel team than I previously thought.

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to rely on Ishida and/or Awoken Perseus to fill dark requirement--there really aren't too many units that fulfill the need. The bigger concern (for me) is that it is entirely likely that I will be bound out of my leaderskill sometimes. This is particularly problematic as RCV is turned off if you can't make dark attacks; which means stalling out binds is not a viable solution. It doesn't help that dungeons love binding dark monsters.

Basically, you need:

Dark somewhere
Bind clear somewhere (preferably on something unbindable)
As much RCV as you can cram in your subs
All attackers
Actives that produce wood and dark (and preferably don't eat hearts)

It is actually quite a high bar. The more I've looked at it, the more I think ideal teams are really going to want G. Valk. Odindra actually covers two of the above problems, while bringing good stats and awakenings. I'm still somewhat unlikely to purchase him, but this is the strongest argument for the odin lizard I've seen.

Bring a delay to give you time to kill her safely. Or if you have a shield or damage null, if you tank one hit, she restarts the countdown. Piggybacking on Blade's comment, you can always test damage out in endless corridors to see how much you can get away with.

W-00

Basically, you need:

Dark somewhere
Bind clear somewhere (preferably on something unbindable)
As much RCV as you can cram in your subs
All attackers
Actives that produce wood and dark (and preferably don't eat hearts)

It is actually quite a high bar. The more I've looked at it, the more I think ideal teams are really going to want G. Valk. Odindra actually covers two of the above problems, while bringing good stats and awakenings. I'm still somewhat unlikely to purchase him, but this is the strongest argument for the odin lizard I've seen.

They'll also probably want Revo Astaroth, since she's an unbindable G/D attacker with a huge amount of RCV. Heck, unless PADX's monster book is missing something, she's the only unbindable G/D attacker.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sopdet is the worst thing ever. Whenever you see anyone here talk about damage control it's usually in relation to her. Basically you need to know your lead and exactly how much damage you deal and be able to throttle it low enough that she doesn't get healed.

What's you team? We might be able to help you out of it. Green Odin doesn't work because her "Goodbye" attack hits you multiple times. Godin's leaderskill only applies to the first hit.

Been using Krishna lead

Kirshna
-Gigalmesh
-Dragon Caller Sonia
-Elgenubi
-Ame No Uzume
Krishna FL

I was thinking of replacing Giglamesh with Xaihou Dun, but I keep saving Giglamesh and hoping for the Shield. On that turn seems to be the only way to survive, but it won't be ready again when she throws it down again. I don't feel like my issue is the damage, but the defense. If I can stop it twice, I should be fine.

For a Red team, I also have Chester, Yamato Takura Dragon, and Himiko.

Green is the only other Team I can sort of manage now, but I've never tried it. I got Ronove, Lui Bei, Spica, Buttz, Wood Wizard, Sylvie, Baobloa, Archangel Mike, and Green Odin. Most are full evolved, but I'm stlll leveling.

I would possibly try a yellow team since I have Rapheal ,but that would only be 2 turns out of 23 right now... But the rest of my team is pretty meh. I have the Daon Chan girl too and started to work on Awoken Athena.
I don't think I have any delay skill cards yet though.

You should be able to whittle down Sopdet's life bar before she goodbyes you the first time. I forgot what the thresholds were for Krishna, but if 2x fire matches are too much try 1x matches using a large blob of fire orbs.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You should be able to whittle down Sopdet's life bar before she goodbyes you the first time. I forgot what the thresholds were for Krishna, but if 2x fire matches are too much try 1x matches using a large blob of fire orbs.

2x is too much.

1x depending on how many, doesn't seem to do enough in time. I have to be careful if I use an orb change since if the next set come down with one. She'll basically gain a good chunk back

Bladelaw

Been using Krishna lead

Kirshna
-Gigalmesh
-Dragon Caller Sonia
-Elgenubi
-Ame No Uzume
Krishna FL

I was thinking of replacing Giglamesh with Xaihou Dun, but I keep saving Giglamesh and hoping for the Shield. On that turn seems to be the only way to survive, but it won't be ready again when she throws it down again. I don't feel like my issue is the damage, but the defense. If I can stop it twice, I should be fine.

Green is the only other Team I can sort of manage now, but I've never tried it. I got Ronove, Lui Bei, Spica, Buttz, Wood Wizard, Sylvie, Baobloa, Archangel Mike, and Green Odin. Most are full evolved, but I'm stlll leveling.

I would possibly try a yellow team since I have Rapheal ,but that would only be 2 turns out of 23 right now... But the rest of my team is pretty meh. I have the Daon Chan girl too and started to work on Awoken Athena.
Here's what I would do with your Krishna team, I'm going to assume everything is leveled and awoken because otherwise the math gets hard and I won't be much help.

Drop Gilgamesh for Xiahou Dun (man I wish I had Dun). Go to Endless Corridors and start playing around with fire orbs.

Make single matches of 3 then 4 then 5 then 6 fire orbs, then 6 orbs in a row and check your damage. Get as close to 200k as you can (without going over) and that's how you should match against Sopdet.

With Krishna the risk is skyfalling into another fire match, a real concern with Krishna and Elgenubi. You can check this too by matching 1 or 2 3-matches of fire.

With the right number of fire orbs (the reason you want Dun over Gilgamesh) you can take her out in two hits. Figuring out that combination of orbs takes some trial and error.

Not sure about your green team. You can always just choose to not heart cross on Ronove and that might throttle your damage enough.

Aesnath

They'll also probably want Revo Astaroth, since she's an unbindable G/D attacker with a huge amount of RCV. Heck, unless PADX's monster book is missing something, she's the only unbindable G/D attacker.

Oooh, yeah, forgot about her--I suck with the monster book. She is probably the most ideal of all options. Gets you the dark, keeps it unbindable (probably don't need a bind clear at all after that) and has 800+ RCV.

Been using Krishna lead

Kirshna
-Gigalmesh
-Dragon Caller Sonia
-Elgenubi
-Ame No Uzume
Krishna FL

I would bet Krishna can do it. Just make two 3-matches of red--and as little else as possible--and you should stay under the threshold. If you want to bring the damage void, just try to stall on an earlier floor until it is up--you don't have to have a light based team, either just run it in team or inherit it onto something with a low cooldown.

Another alternative (probably reasonable for the future) is to try and farm a naga. She is a red farmable delay critter, and having access to a delay can be very helpful. I'd probably rather have her than Gilgamesh under most circumstances, but you will be trading hp for rcv, which could be a concern in some dungeons.

Bladelaw

Getting back to broken tier cards: Meri is great but is elevated to an absurd level by the right sub support. There's plenty of guides pointing this out I know but she really is a swiss army knife solution to a lot of my biggest problems. Really as long as you have a shield, bind clear, 100% SBR, and a board change you're set.

This is really apparent in Serket. She blasts through every floor including Kopis. get a blob of 6 blues and two other combos and he nearly dies in one hit. If I get lucky and have enough orbs on subcolor damage it is a one hit kill.

So when are we expecting revo Haku? I'm really itching for that upgrade to a mess of teams.

Aesnath

Getting back to broken tier cards: Meri is great but is elevated to an absurd level by the right sub support. There's plenty of guides pointing this out I know but she really is a swiss army knife solution to a lot of my biggest problems. Really as long as you have a shield, bind clear, 100% SBR, and a board change you're set.

This is really apparent in Serket. She blasts through every floor including Kopis. get a blob of 6 blues and two other combos and he nearly dies in one hit. If I get lucky and have enough orbs on subcolor damage it is a one hit kill.

So when are we expecting revo Haku? I'm really itching for that upgrade to a mess of teams.

I agree, I've been really surprised about flexible Meri really is. Getting the +15% hp badge and the Yo & Seigfried shield has really opened things up. I'm probably going to try A1 soon with her. I'm actually surprised you don't hear about her much as a non-farming lead. I don't even think she is ranked on JP tier lists.

Bladelaw

I agree, I've been really surprised about flexible Meri really is. Getting the +15% hp badge and the Yo & Seigfried shield has really opened things up. I'm probably going to try A1 soon with her. I'm actually surprised you don't hear about her much as a non-farming lead. I don't even think she is ranked on JP tier lists.

My arena team for reference is second only to Aizen in consistency and speed.
Meridionalis (Meri)
Andromeda (Ryune)
Sarasvati (Scheat)
Sumire (Mori Motonori)
Isis (Orochi)

I always use Isis's inherit floor 15 and use Isis's shield to prep vs DQ Hera. Anything else I can just heal back from. I use Mori early and Ryune-->Meri for knocking Kali into the safe zone unless I get a REALLY good Ryune board.

W-00

Zeusdra is coming back tonight. I failed the last time because Hermes never used his no-damage skill and I only had Amaterasu's 40% heal, so Artemis took me down with her preemptive attack. But this time I have AnaCeres inherited on top of dear Ama.

Now if only I could find that Reddit thread containing the strategy for taking him down... What were the monsters on the Ama/Tengu cheese team?

Tengu/Ama cheese team? So that's Ama/Zera/Fagan/Zeus/Touen/Tengu(Chester)? I can make that.

Thanks, past me!

LiQuid!

I don't run a blue team on either of my accounts but can someone take a peak at my 2nd accts blue box and let me know which evo I should pick for my Nut, the leader or the sub?

https://www.padherder.com/user/LiQuitas2/monsters

I just want to get rid of some mats but don't have a preference either way

raiot

For Khepri I've always used awoken Izinagi/Myr. I've farmed Khepri with that for skill ups.

Why do you want a skilled up serket? I have the ALB cheese team and didn't see any need for this.
Skilling her up using a non-cheese team is a special kind of misery ... :D

Ducarmel

Those evo mats for the 3p exclusives!

I guess we cant complain too much for farmable cards that are better than half the REM cards.

Top Bottom