• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Aesnath

Anyone got a strategy for floor 8? It just seems really bad, any way you slice it.

Ullr is driving me insane. Someone convince me it's not worth it.

I don't mind the challenge but the stamina a cost means I stew while I wait for another shot.

It isn't worth it. What are you going to do with it?

Bladelaw

Anyone got a strategy for floor 8? It just seems really bad, any way you slice it.

It isn't worth it. What are you going to do with it?
His board is perfect for a few teams I want to build (Fenrir Viz especially, but light/heart/jammer is useful on myr, Arondight, Caladbolg, and others)

For floor 8 delays are your friend.

Azazel: Kill ASAP he's annoying if you leave him alive too long.

Sorcerer girl: play their game, bring a poison clear for Sharon, true damage for Leeza, and either SDR or something with fire for Laila

Puppet: if you're light/dark stall a turn or two then delay, heal up and kill, otherwise just kill

Grisar: Hit REALLY REALLY HARD. Another reason to bring a poison convert if you need to stall him out.

Flame Wisedragon: Delay and kill before it's up. He's not super dangerous but you probably need full HP to tank Dios' preemptive.

Dios: Hope you either have a shitload of HP or a shield, 70k preemptive. If you survive use a Force active to stall out his 99% shield ON THE FIRST TURN. No clue how you'd do this without. for the damage absorb, bring a friend with Fujin (or your own) then crush him.

I used:
Big HP badge
Dathena (Force as SDR)
Sima Yi
RHaku (Lumiel)
RHaku (Fujin)
RLoki (Facet)
Dathena (Force)

Dark prong + blue + 7c kills Azazel
Got Sharon, used the Lumiel Haku to finish her.
Puppet: stalled 2 turns, Dathena'd then killed when the shield was gone.
Grisar: Ate the gravity, Healed to FULL and killed on "2" with some poisons still on the board
Wisedragon: RHaku and killed (Dragon killers on RHaku were the secret MVP here)
Dios: Eat preemptive, Force, heal back up, Fujin, Sima Yi, Facet, kill

Got to Dios on F8 with 1 turn left before my Dath delay came up because I killed the previous guy 1 turn early. Had to pop my Anaphon for haste and then didn't have her later to heal so I died. I stoned for the kill because fuck that guy.

I've stoned around 8 times total I think through this so the stone rewards are a wash but it's ok, Dragon Killer get!

Not sure I'll make it to the end. Does anyone know if getting the new mask evo mat to evo green Jorm into LJorm is harder than these dungeons?

So far the new mask only drops in two locations:

LV10 of another themed challenge dungeon harder than this one
LV10 of the currently running July monthly dungeon in Japan

W-00

Hm, "Leaderfest" coming up.
Phantom God, Odin
White Beast Demon, Ilm

★5
Great Earl of Hell, Ronove
Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki
Red Dragonbound, Gadius
Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
The Norn Urd
Krishna
Liu Bei
Shiva
Ra
Minerva
Ganesha
Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
Sarasvati

Not a bad lineup for someone just starting out, but I'm saving my stones. Sure, my main would like Minerva or Ganesha, but it already has eight of the boosted cards, including three Sarasvati, four DQXQ, and five - yes FIVE - Liu Bei. My alt only has six of them, but those six include Liu Bei and Ganesha, so it doesn't really need anything from it.

divusrex

Not a bad lineup for someone just starting out, but I'm saving my stones.

You're goddam right about that. You need to burn your entire stockpile for the Monster Hunter Collab

THE END IS NIGH

Summary of Monster Hunter Collab event (7/10-7/23):

10 stones per pull
Free rank 50 pull
1 base male hunter card is free via log-in mail during duration of event, 1 free base female hunter is after you beat the specific dungeon with 4 or less on a team. If you want more hunters, it'll cost ya 200k MP. You evo the base cards off specific dungeon drops.

jiggle

I'd like Ilm and ra from the list
But don't want to be saddled with any of the other ones :/

You're goddam right about that. You need to burn your entire stockpile for the Monster Hunter Collab

THE END IS NIGH

Summary of Monster Hunter Collab event (7/10-7/23):

10 stones per pull
Free rank 50 pull
1 base male hunter card is free via log-in mail during duration of event, 1 free base female hunter is after you beat the specific dungeon with 4 or less on a team. If you want more hunters, it'll cost ya 200k MP. You evo the base cards off specific dungeon drops.
Yay
Not gonna roll
But happy about the free hunterz

Aesnath

His board is perfect for a few teams I want to build (Fenrir Viz especially, but light/heart/jammer is useful on myr, Arondight, Caladbolg, and others)

For floor 8 delays are your friend.

Azazel: Kill ASAP he's annoying if you leave him alive too long.

Sorcerer girl: play their game, bring a poison clear for Sharon, true damage for Leeza, and either SDR or something with fire for Laila

Puppet: if you're light/dark stall a turn or two then delay, heal up and kill, otherwise just kill

Grisar: Hit REALLY REALLY HARD. Another reason to bring a poison convert if you need to stall him out.

Flame Wisedragon: Delay and kill before it's up. He's not super dangerous but you probably need full HP to tank Dios' preemptive.

Dios: Hope you either have a shitload of HP or a shield, 70k preemptive. If you survive use a Force active to stall out his 99% shield ON THE FIRST TURN. No clue how you'd do this without. for the damage absorb, bring a friend with Fujin (or your own) then crush him.

I used:
Big HP badge
Dathena (Force as SDR)
Sima Yi
RHaku (Lumiel)
RHaku (Fujin)
RLoki (Facet)
Dathena (Force)

Dark prong + blue + 7c kills Azazel
Got Sharon, used the Lumiel Haku to finish her.
Puppet: stalled 2 turns, Dathena'd then killed when the shield was gone.
Grisar: Ate the gravity, Healed to FULL and killed on "2" with some poisons still on the board
Wisedragon: RHaku and killed (Dragon killers on RHaku were the secret MVP here)
Dios: Eat preemptive, Force, heal back up, Fujin, Sima Yi, Facet, kill

I appreciate the help. Beat it with no stone using Dathena (Force)/RHaku (Carat)/RHaku (lumiel)/RYomi (Fujin)/Asmodeus (Anatyphon)/Dathena (Force). Used Yomi and +15% HP badge to get to 74k HP. Still took another five tries. I suck with combos, so the first floor was very challenging. I found the sorceresses to be generally OK no matter what and the puppet wasn't a big deal. However, Grisrar was just the F*ing worst. I could never kill him easily. On the run I actually completed (barely), I went off script and used my carat on the last turn; I also had delayed, that's how bad things were. I then used Force on the Bird and just slow rolled it so that my Dathena would be up for Dios. Killed the bird, delayed dios for 3 turns. Last turn I popped Asmo and made no matches so he locked that board. That gave me two heals, letting me wait out the remainder of the shield. But I was pretty strapped at that point, I'd dealt maybe 10% damage to him, but I couldn't reliably heal another turn. I had an entirely unlocked board, except for like a fire orb; two hakus, dathena, and fujin up. So I decided to go for it. Haku, fujin, dathena (for the enhance). I made seven combos on board with two dark prongs and then skyfalled a few more combos. Killed him.

As for MonHun, I'm probably going to treat it like Bleach. Get the free roll and hope for the best. I think evoing the hunters will be kinda cool though. At the end of the day, I don't see anything I really need. I also have an anubis team, so I can just use someone else's diabolos If I want to try it.

I want Yog. I'm saving for Yog.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I finally put an assist on my Ronove! I sold off all but 1 of my extra Ronove (I had 6 extra....) and popped him on my lead. Yay!

Anyone who still plays or mains him as a lead, what are some other important skills to consider inheriting on the rest of the squad? I don't have Orochi, but I have Echidna and that dumb Hydra for delay options. My team is Ronove/Ronove + Kaede/Vishnu/Rozuel/RagDrag

Bladelaw

I'm back to the bomb stage of the snake. I have a 67 move solve but I'm not sure I can pull it off in time. Going to spend most of my non work time practicing...

Too soon for MH. I'm still reeling from the last binge. I'm probably sticking to the hunters and probably throwing a couple rolls its way but not as many as I would if it was say next month.

Given my box I don't think there's a compelling reason to pick up an extra hunter. Blue male, dark female should be enough. I have Yamamoto and I won't be rolling enough to field a team of MonHun cards so the other hunters just don't seem worth the 200k MP investment.

Which floor of the collab dungeon provides the most bang for the buck re: part drops?

Fucking hell, just entered the Awoken Indra awakening mats because I want to make one, but forgot that it's Heracles I'm missing to evo white monkey, not white monkey himself. They should really expand these dungeons so they drop ALL the descended mats required to make the thing.

Rip 99 stam.

divusrex

Why? I can see how the hunters are good, but other than say... Tigrex... what is there that is both good and remotely plausible to roll?

Also, my entire stockpile will only amount to four rolls by the time the collab starts.

My apologies, I probably should have indicated that I was joking with that statement. Also, I have a bias towards Monster Hunter as I've been a huge fan of the series.

On a serious note, it really depends. Most of the cards have niche utility roles and will be good stat sticks. Mitzutsune is a fairly good roll because the 1000 RCV alone is a huge stat for any water combo lead (especislly on a blue hunter team). Rathian has a 2 turn delay attached the poison effect, and she can be a jank leader with Tigrex. You can inherit Kirin on Yamamoto/ALB teams to deal with combo requirements.

If you don't really care about the collab and/or are just starting, just take the free roll. I can understand saving the stones for the Lovecraft series, but I'd rather burn the 10 stones and at least have 15k MP in the bank. Instead of complaining and crying about not pulling "X" card due to being too many 6* GFEs.

I finally put an assist on my Ronove! I sold off all but 1 of my extra Ronove (I had 6 extra....) and popped him on my lead. Yay!

Anyone who still plays or mains him as a lead, what are some other important skills to consider inheriting on the rest of the squad? I don't have Orochi, but I have Echidna and that dumb Hydra for delay options. My team is Ronove/Ronove + Kaede/Vishnu/Rozuel/RagDrag

Other than delay:

-you need a damage spike if you plan to run higher-end content, Facet is good if you have her

-Laser with a board change or debuff removal (e.g. Ra for the finger)

-at least one full board change aside from RagDrag is good (better if it makes hearts), including potentially something like Maeda Keiji or another orb unlocker

shield is not strictly necessary but useful in emergency situations or extreme stalling, another skyfall debuff removal assist to go along with Vishnu can be useful, too

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Other than delay:

-you need a damage spike if you plan to run higher-end content, Facet is good if you have her

-Laser with a board change or debuff removal (e.g. Ra for the finger)

-at least one full board change aside from RagDrag is good (better if it makes hearts), including potentially something like Maeda Keiji or another orb unlocker

shield is not strictly necessary but useful in emergency situations or extreme stalling, another skyfall debuff removal assist to go along with Vishnu can be useful, too

Thanks. So what about:

• Spike: No Facet, so what about Kanna? While Ronove isn't Dragon or God, the big damage dealers on the team are. Also, haste is never a bad thing.
  • Delay: Zeta Hydra is a longer CD, Echidna is shorter delay. But if I'm going to [slowly] farm A1 for skillups, Hydra would be fine.
  • Board: Having recently pulled a second Keiji, he seems like a no brainer here.
  • Laser: Yeah, Ra will do. I Revo Ra available, but I have a second un-touched Ra that I can also level and turn into something. I guess that extra stat boost isn't the worst? I don't run Ra teams, so it seems like Revo Ra will do fine.
  • Other: Bind clear with Ame or LTron? I know this is a point of suffering for this team.

So that makes my team:

Ronove(Ronove) + Kaede() / Vishnu() / Rozuel(Ame or Keiji) / RagDrag(Zeta)

Not sure where to toss Kanaa and/or Ra.

Thanks. So what about:

• Spike: No Facet, so what about Kanna? While Ronove isn't Dragon or God, the big damage dealers on the team are. Also, haste is never a bad thing.
  • Delay: Zeta Hydra is a longer CD, Echidna is shorter delay. But if I'm going to [slowly] farm A1 for skillups, Hydra would be fine.
  • Board: Having recently pulled a second Keiji, he seems like a no brainer here.
  • Laser: Yeah, Ra will do. I Revo Ra available, but I have a second un-touched Ra that I can also level and turn into something. I guess that extra stat boost isn't the worst? I don't run Ra teams, so it seems like Revo Ra will do fine.
  • Other: Bind clear with Ame or LTron? I know this is a point of suffering for this team.

So that makes my team:

Ronove(Ronove) + Kaede() / Vishnu() / Rozuel(Ame or Keiji) / RagDrag(Zeta)

Not sure where to toss Kanaa and/or Ra.

Can you get a friend Ronove with a Lightning inherit? I'm not sure how many of those are still running around, but it gets you a relevant board change and a laser in one.

As for a damage spike, do you have a Sheen? Her spike is just as good as Facet's with your team. If not, Kanna's all right, but since your team has 5 green subs I think a green focused boost like Freyja might be preferable. 3 turns of 2 Ronoves boosted seems better than 1 turn of Rozuel boosted. (Plus, with Freyja, you could get some bonus stats if you inherited her on Vishnu.)

In general, I don't think Ronove has a clear set of optimal inherits. You're probably going to have to swap them out here and there depending on what it is you're up against. Generally, it's hard to even turn on a lot of them, because you so frequently need to pop Kaede/Ronove just to make sure you have heart crosses available. When I was using Ronove vs A3, it really felt like I had to luck my way past certain spawns, because I just didn't have the actives necessary to deal with everything.

Also, only use Keiji as an inherit if you absolutely need a way to deal with locks somewhere. His active is really treacherous. With DKali style board changes, you can always use Ronove to get yourself up to 5 hearts if need be, but with Keiji, it's a gamble.

Also, as for where to put inherits, I would try to put whatever active you are 100% sure you'll need on Rozuel, since you almost never want to activate her base skill (I kept a Sheen on her). Vishnu is probably where you would want to put your second most desirable active, since extra green skyfall really shouldn't be too necessary. Past that, I think it depends a lot on what active your friend's Ronove inherits.

Aesnath

Just for the heck of it, you all inspired me to try ronove again (nothing hard, while farming gold dragons). I may have actually gotten better at this game!!! I could cross and three color match nearly every board that it was there.

lt519

So I should pull on the leaderfest? Still haven't gotten past Starlight but have been stockpiling stones for the next GF and have tons of evo material.

I did pull Ares and Akechi from the samurai carnival last week when I got the itch and felt I needed better subs to progress.

Too late, I did it. Can someone help me parse through my new pulls?

M6XSpCO.jpg

So tilted on floor9. Anyone beat it with an easier lead than Kush?

EDIT: Well, I think this is my wall. Used 300 stam in about 10min running this and can't even make it to Hel consistently. I can't tell if I'm getting terrible boards or if I just can't match well enough. I guess probably both but I can't tell which haha. Late game PAD is really crushing my dreams of having fun playing high end teams. Feels like I'll just have to stick to A1 to get that sense of accomplishment. /whine

jiggle

So I should pull on the leaderfest? Still haven't gotten past Starlight but have been stockpiling stones for the next GF and have tons of evo material.

I did pull Ares and Akechi from the samurai carnival last week when I got the itch and felt I needed better subs to progress.

You got liubei with Avalon drake
You just won 2/3 of the game's contents

Focus on evolving him to awoken liu bei
And farm 3 Zeus dios(as well as max skill them)

W-00

Sarasvati is a powerful glass cannon lead. Evolve her as far as you can and put as many water orb makers on her team as possible. Then just make multiple water matches and watch your enemies die.

Idunn&Idunna, once evolved to their awoken form, can make a tank team when paired with Ryune. That pairing has fallen down the ranks and is no longer well ranked in the meta, but if you can find Ryune partners you should still be able to make a lot of progress.

Liu Bei is one of the most highly-desired leads in the game for coop farming. Evolve him to his awoken form and farm up a team of max-skilled and fully-evolved Zeus Dios and you'll have a team that can (in coop) farm most basic dungeons and older descends with the press of a button and a swipe of the finger. Er, to explain, Zeus Dios' active skill turns the entire board into wood orbs, and Awoken (or Reincarnated) Liu Bei's leader skill results in a massive multiplier when an active is used and a lot of wood orbs are linked together. But Zeus Dios' skill takes long enough to activate that it's only really practical in coop mode, where you have the skill boosts of two teams to get them ready.

If you have more cards that are both dark and wood, ultimate-evolved Goetia (evolved twice, in her case) would be an upgrade over Theurgia.

Post a pic of your rolls sorted by CHA so they will show up in the order you got them. It's hard to tell what is new and what isn't. I see Sarasvati and Liu Bei though which are great.

lt519

Post a pic of your rolls sorted by CHA so they will show up in the order you got them. It's hard to tell what is new and what isn't. I see Sarasvati and Liu Bei though which are great.

I don't see this sort option? Would love to post it for some team building ideas. I get that I pulled good leaders but need some advice on full teams. It seems a 2x Theuirga still does more damage output than anything else.

Sarasvati is a powerful glass cannon lead. Evolve her as far as you can and put as many water orb makers on her team as possible. Then just make multiple water matches and watch your enemies die.

Idunn&Idunna, once evolved to their awoken form, can make a tank team when paired with Ryune. That pairing has fallen down the ranks and is no longer well ranked in the meta, but if you can find Ryune partners you should still be able to make a lot of progress.

Liu Bei is one of the most highly-desired leads in the game for coop farming. Evolve him to his awoken form and farm up a team of max-skilled and fully-evolved Zeus Dios and you'll have a team that can (in coop) farm most basic dungeons and older descends with the press of a button and a swipe of the finger. Er, to explain, Zeus Dios' active skill turns the entire board into wood orbs, and Awoken (or Reincarnated) Liu Bei's leader skill results in a massive multiplier when an active is used and a lot of wood orbs are linked together. But Zeus Dios' skill takes long enough to activate that it's only really practical in coop mode, where you have the skill boosts of two teams to get them ready.

If you have more cards that are both dark and wood, ultimate-evolved Goetia (evolved twice, in her case) would be an upgrade over Theurgia.

Thank you, I just evolved Sarasvati, can ultimate evolve her with water keeper tomorro. Need a couple Keeper of Forests tomorrow for Liu Bein and Goetia (along with an emelit lol). Do multiple matches have to be separate? Like 6 orbs in a row does not make a 2x combo right?

You got liubei with Avalon drake
You just won 2/3 of the game's contents

Focus on evolving him to awoken liu bei
And farm 3 Zeus dios(as well as max skill them)

How does Avalon Drake fit in? Wood orb generation or leader skill? I'll get him evolved this weekend with some more Keeper Evo material.

jiggle

How does Avalon Drake fit in? Wood orb generation or leader skill? I'll get him evolved this weekend with some more Keeper Evo material.
Remember you want to evolve Liu Bei to the awoken form(he has 3 forms to choose from)

Awalon Drake provides 4 skill boosts as well as bi-color board change, and +40% green row damage
Which makes it easier for you to solo on the team if you have to

W-00

I don't see this sort option? Would love to post it for some team building ideas. I get that I pulled good leaders but need some advice on full teams. It seems a 2x Theuirga still does more damage output than anything else.

A lot of people (myself included) read it as CHR rather than CHA (in fact, this is the first time I've ever seen it called CHA, so I'm not sure if that was a typo or if we genuinely see it differently). Either way, it is in the top of the brown rows if the first screen when you press Chng Ordr, between Fav and Fuse#.

Thank you, I just evolved Sarasvati, can ultimate evolve her with water keeper tomorro. Need a couple Keeper of Forests tomorrow for Liu Bein and Goetia (along with an emelit lol). Do multiple matches have to be separate? Like 6 orbs in a row does not make a 2x combo right?

Yeah, the matches have to be completely separate.

lt519

Makes sense, just got a bunch of keepers, I'll repost the squad once I have some of the newbies evolved as you all suggested.

Thank you.

b33r

I'm debating not rolling in the monster Hunter collab and saving my stones to chase Yog. Other than the 7* I don't know if I'd use any of the others much. I will make the hunters of course.

I really want Yog.

Oh yeah, it's CHR. My bad, just remembered wrong.

So took a swing at A3 again with Dath and got Noah again. She bound a sub and since 80% SBR = 0%, I lost.

Is there a trick to her with DAth that I'm missing? Seem that if her absorbs aren't favorable on the first turn you will have to deal with always having a sub bound and just yoloing the skill bind.

lt519

Broke the game wide open with that pull from yesterday. I evolved and max leveled with globes:

Goetia (twice, max)
Ares (twice)
Liu Bei
Avalon Drake
Savasrati (twice)
Varj (max)

Destroyed Starlight Sanctuary with Goetia and Diena friend. Took down Tricolor Legendary with Theiurga x2 w/ Ares (also wow got like 2mil coins from it). Beat the Legendary Dragon dungeon.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm gonna post my full roster tomorrow so I can maybe get some direction for where focus while I'm farming for Awoken materials. Just got the Mass Attack badge.

bjork

So I've just been logging in and running dailies for a little bit now, probably since the Kenshin event or so? But yesterday my box was full, so I took the time to do some feeding and evolving. I cleared out a ton of space in the process and wound up with a fully evolved Myr. So, Myr questions:

- what are the best latents for her?
- is she flexible with subs as I'm thinking? It seems like once you make the cross of heal orbs, you're good. Can that be taken away by anything, and should I be using subs with heal orb-related specials as a result?

W-00

- is she flexible with subs as I'm thinking? It seems like once you make the cross of heal orbs, you're good. Can that be taken away by anything, and should I be using subs with heal orb-related specials as a result?

I'm not sure - I slapped a bunch of HP latents on mine, but that was before the days of killer latents.

Myr loses her shield and multiplier any time the enemy gets a turn - so basically if you don't sweep the floor or the enemy has a preemptive attack you need to heart-cross again. So yeah, your best best with Myr are double-orb changers that make light and heal such as Sun Wukong and ADQXQ or board changers that include light and heal, such as Saria and Momiji.

So I've just been logging in and running dailies for a little bit now, probably since the Kenshin event or so? But yesterday my box was full, so I took the time to do some feeding and evolving. I cleared out a ton of space in the process and wound up with a fully evolved Myr. So, Myr questions:

Her dmg multiplier is all attribute so any heart maker will be functional. However, I think most people run mono-light and focus either on TPAs or rows. RDQXQ, Super Ult Wukong, and Venus are prime subs and are row focused so if you have those that's what I'd go for. It's more orb hungry and lower combo count but I think the damage is overall higher. If you have Kanna in light form it's fun to run her as the token TPAer on a row team because she will be able to clear stuff on her own with a single TPA + combos in case you don't have a row.

Like W-00 said, the heartcross activation stays with you until the enemy does ANYTHING, including ticking their turn counter down if they are delayed or just started higher than 1. Your HP bar will he flashing "DEF" in the heart icon on the far left of it if it's active. I'll also mention that Myr and other heartcross leads and the best for clearing any Normal style dungeon where the enemies don't use skills or preemptives because if you cross once if will stay with you for the entire dungeon as long as you keep sweeping, which isn't hard at all. This is what I did to clear all the Normal endless dungeons and for those it was actually beneficial to bring TPAers from all colors so no matter the board there was always someone who could do damage and sweep because the enemies are relatively weak.

EDIT: Almost forgot a REALLY important tip. If you don't what to use the "move orbs freely" part of Myr's active just pick up and orb by pressing it and hold it without moving it until the timer runs out, then you can set it down. This is useful if you team has more than 7sec move time and you are actually faster at matching the regular way or if you want to think about where to move your orbs based on where the hearts are generated.

bjork

Hm. I'm not sure what yellow subs I have aside from Kanna, so I'll have to look. Seeing the 59X multiplier is pretty satisfying!

lt519

Decided to pull again on the leaderfest after cruising through a bunch of the three unit challenges. Got a Nerva, Minerva and a Ronove which all seem to be very useful. Nerva with the 5x fire damage leader skill when evolved seems nice for an all fire team.

I best Starlight Sanctuary and many of the dungeons after but don't really know where to start on descends, tried the Zeus one and didn't get far with Goetia leader x2.

Bladelaw

Free Rolls:
Main: Tigrex
Alt: Astalos
Wife: Diablos (of course)

I rolled once more on my main and got Gammoth. Decided to quit while I was ahead.

Cleared the MH dungeon and the 3p version. 3p version they have an absurd amount of HP so bring dragon killers. I slow rolled it with my alt. Alt used Myr, main used Julie. It wasn't quick but it was very safe.

Aesnath

I'm debating not rolling in the monster Hunter collab and saving my stones to chase Yog. Other than the 7* I don't know if I'd use any of the others much. I will make the hunters of course.

I really want Yog.

Yay! I'm not the only one!

Probably won't roll it, but whatever.

My watch has ended.

Congrats! I legit quit after floor 8; I know my limits.

Decided to pull again on the leaderfest after cruising through a bunch of the three unit challenges. Got a Nerva, Minerva and a Ronove which all seem to be very useful. Nerva with the 5x fire damage leader skill when evolved seems nice for an all fire team.

I best Starlight Sanctuary and many of the dungeons after but don't really know where to start on descends, tried the Zeus one and didn't get far with Goetia leader x2.

It is worth mentioning that Minerva is a great leader, once you get the hang of her, but you have to evolve her to her last form (Reincarnated). Everyone will talk about the "cheese team"; which is fine and excellent some of the time. However, played as a straight lead she is very solid. I would look toward getting her together eventually.

You should also play around with Ronove. He is a very good lead, but he asks a lot of you as a player. When you are bored, play around in endless corridors with Ronnie (be sure to bring something for every color). Crossing plus three color match takes a bit of getting used to, but he is really effective.

Both of these leads have something that Goetia lacks, survivability. You are probably still a ways off from using either one effectively, but they are a good place to focus as you go along.

Got Diablos on my 3rd roll. I guess my cold streak of REM rolls are over. Now if only my alt had a compatible lead with him.

Congrats. I saw your dragon was up this morning, so I played around in endless a bit with him and Anubis. Notably, I can hit 8-9 combos pretty consistently. However, I am a bit concerned about the damage at 8 combos. Still it seems pretty fun.

Jagernaut

Monster Hunter

Free roll
Nargacuga

Saved stones
Gammoth
Astalos
Glavenus

Glavenus is like a Dragon/Attacker cross Kenshin with a follow-up attack awakening, interesting. Not sure about the others.

bjork

My free one was Tigrex, didn't roll on my alt yet. I know nothing about Monster Hunter except that there's big meat and there are little cat dudes. At least these aren't repurposed Crows characters, though.

Bladelaw

So a Kenshin team with Tsubaki backup (and SDR) makes short work of the 3p MH Dungeon.
Team:
Cross Kenshin
DK Tsubaki
DK Tsubaki
Sakuya (Red or Light)
Bind clear flex <--very important to have some form of SDR here
Light Illmina

FL1: Use bind clear flex (I use Asgardian Warlock Odin with 3 SDR and a stat inherit) , Tsubaki x2, double cross
FL2: Partner either stalls or kills, if not pop Kenshin, double cross
FL3: Partner either drops resolve or eats a hit, Sakuya (Gravity drops resolve), Illmina, triple cross

Reasoning:
Kenshin shits out damage, paired with Ilmina you get a usable board every turn you need it and a shield in case you get skill delayed too much on floor 1.

DK Tsubaki for damage and hasting up Ilmina.

Grodin for 3 SB and a low enough cooldown on his bind clear to be up turn 1 with minimal SDR investment.

Sakuya's gravity drops Diablos's resolve and Ilmina's board is almost a guaranteed kill shot.

With this setup Kenshin can use a stat stick inherit, DK Tsubaki's only need 1 SDR each, Grodin needs 3 + inherit, and Ilmina needs as many as she can get (5 ideally less if you're ok stalling or get lucky on FL1).

Top Bottom