• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Oh hey some of the new pixel FF ults were announced. I think I'm underwhelmed?

reddit post detailing them.

pad_sexy account often has NSFW replies so I'm not looking through them.

They all have the square null break awakening.

I don't know how I feel about Noctis going from a match 4 combo leader to a match 4 row leader. I really like his current playstyle and I have plenty of dark row leads to work with that aren't limited to match 4.

Lightning loses her amazing active for something that isn't as good IMO. Same with Yuna and Tifa

The 5*'s are much more exciting to me. Same useful utility active with unlock added as a bonus making them even better farming inherits for things like SDR.

Zidane/Onion Knight is probably the biggest upgrade, gaining a useful orb convert with a laser. Not sure how I feel about the rest. Hopefully Cecil and Sephiroth get some love. Cecil's in a great spot but Seph and Cloud really needs something to be relevant again.

Aesnath

Oh hey some of the new pixel FF ults were announced. I think I'm underwhelmed?

reddit post detailing them.

pad_sexy account often has NSFW replies so I'm not looking through them.

They all have the square null break awakening.

I don't know how I feel about Noctis going from a match 4 combo leader to a match 4 row leader. I really like his current playstyle and I have plenty of dark row leads to work with that aren't limited to match 4.

Lightning loses her amazing active for something that isn't as good IMO. Same with Yuna and Tifa

The 5*'s are much more exciting to me. Same useful utility active with unlock added as a bonus making them even better farming inherits for things like SDR.

Zidane/Onion Knight is probably the biggest upgrade, gaining a useful orb convert with a laser. Not sure how I feel about the rest. Hopefully Cecil and Sephiroth get some love. Cecil's in a great spot but Seph and Cloud really needs something to be relevant again.

Yeah, they are all in an odd place. I will say, having access to the 3x3 awakening at 5* will be pretty cool if it ends up being a worthwhile consideration (however, that remains to be seen).

I kinda feel like Noctis seems more generally usable, but, if he had problems with combo shields earlier, he will have real difficulties with them now.

I'm really hoping they don't screw up Cecil in the pixel version.

Bladelaw

Was there ever confirmation how the null break awakening works? is it per card or whole team? If it's per card my interest in most of the evos plummet since true damage gets through most nulls. The only annoying one I can think of is DMeta tama since the radars generally require way more damage than any of these single cards will put out.

Aesnath

Was there ever confirmation how the null break awakening works? is it per card or whole team? If it's per card my interest in most of the evos plummet since true damage gets through most nulls. The only annoying one I can think of is DMeta tama since the radars generally require way more damage than any of these single cards will put out.

To my knowledge, they haven't really told us anything. It just seems worthless if it is per card, given the amount of real estate it takes to make the square. Not only that, but having one card go over the null won't likely do much where it counts.

It could be great, but I sort of suspect it isn't.

Negator

Well, it is more efficient than usual, but still not too efficient. I definitely need some pluses, so I guess that is my week. I have a love/hate relationship with this kind of thing. I like something to work on of value, but I hate feeling like I am wasting stamina by playing other stuff.

I'm the opposite. When there's not something like this to farm or to do that is an obvious value, I tend to not play as much and let my stam cap out.

W-00

Incoming Godfest this weekend! One pantheon per day, at 5x rates. Great news, right?

Well, they're the 6* pantheons. Three Kingdoms 2 on Day 1 and Samurai 2 on Day 2. So good cards, but the odds aren't as good as the rates would otherwise suggest.

Still, this will probably get some rolls out of me. My main doesn't have any of the 3K2, and would like Diaochan or Sima Yi, so I'll probably roll a couple times on Day 1 on it. My alt will stay out of Day 1, since it already has Sima Yi and two Diaochan (and yet no Anubis!). Both accounts will probably roll some on Day 2. My main has Ginchiyo, and my alt has Nene and Oichi, but I think there's enough value in the remainder to be worth a few rolls.

Also, Amenominakanushi is there. Is that new, or did I not notice in a previous GF?

Negator

Incoming Godfest this weekend! One pantheon per day, at 5x rates. Great news, right?

Well, they're the 6* pantheons. Three Kingdoms 2 on Day 1 and Samurai 2 on Day 2. So good cards, but the odds aren't as good as the rates would otherwise suggest.

I've heard before that 6* Pantheons when featured appear at 5* rates like a normal pantheon would.

W-00

I've heard before that 6* Pantheons when featured appear at 5* rates like a normal pantheon would.

I've heard that too, and I can believe it since the last time they were featured I managed to pull three in four pulls, but I wanted to temper expectations in case I'd heard wrong.

yami4ct

New Noctis is really interesting. We'll see. I'd love for him and rows to be relevant again so this would be one way. He's got a great group of subs too. I guess a lot depends on how that new awakening works. I'll be interested to see what JP players make out with.

Pixel DK Cecil I think is the unsung champ of this collab so far. That active is fantastic at the very least for inheritance even if he doesn't fit as a sub. Light+Dark+Heart and unlock? Really nice.

Negator

Finished the blue hunter on my alt and main account at once. Now I just need to figure out some teams for them.
I figure I will go mainly dark attribute with Haku, Haku/Sima Yi, Sima Yi, Nohime until we get Split Skuld, then I would go Skuld, Andromeda, Gan Ning, Flex.

Kwhit10

Finished the blue hunter on my alt and main account at once. Now I just need to figure out some teams for them.
I figure I will go mainly dark attribute with Haku, Haku/Sima Yi, Sima Yi, Nohime until we get Split Skuld, then I would go Skuld, Andromeda, Gan Ning, Flex.

I'm having the hardest time getting the blue mats to drop at all. I can make every other alt 2x over male and female, but I'm still lacking two blue mats.

b33r

I'm having the hardest time getting the blue mats to drop at all. I can make every other alt 2x over male and female, but I'm still lacking two blue mats.

I burned all my stamina and some stones since it began and finally last night got the last mat for the blue dude. It was frustrating.

Aesnath

Still, this will probably get some rolls out of me. My main doesn't have any of the 3K2, and would like Diaochan or Sima Yi, so I'll probably roll a couple times on Day 1 on it. My alt will stay out of Day 1, since it already has Sima Yi and two Diaochan (and yet no Anubis!). Both accounts will probably roll some on Day 2. My main has Ginchiyo, and my alt has Nene and Oichi, but I think there's enough value in the remainder to be worth a few rolls.

Also, Amenominakanushi is there. Is that new, or did I not notice in a previous GF?

Ameno was on the previous godfest as well. This actually is pretty solid, but I am still saving stones for Yog, so I'm not sure that I will roll much. I'd like a Sima Yi, but it probably isn't that much better than the third Haku on D.Athena, and I don't need any of the others. Samurai 2 are all pretty cool, and, seemingly, solid in multiples, but I don't really need any of them either.

Gah, saving stones is hard. I like rolling.

Yeah, anecdotally, they don't seem much more rare than 5* pantheons--across my family and friend's accounts (about 5-6), we've gotten about as much as any other featured pantheon on a godfest. They are certainly nowhere near as rare as a 6* GFE.

Anyone playing on a Kindle?

Son used to play on one. It was an older kindle fire HD. He didn't have any problems with it that I was aware of; updated on time, no weird glitches or anything. He only switched when he got his own tablet (which was an android).

Jagernaut

I burned all my stamina and some stones since it began and finally last night got the last mat for the blue dude. It was frustrating.

It took me 2 days of running Ultra G coop with Reincarnated Liu Bei to get the rare material for the blue male Hunter. Mizutsune doesn't appear every time and then only has a chance to drop the rare blue material. At least I got enough of the skillup mats to max skill him immediately using king tans.

Bladelaw

I'm liking this whole +15 thing. I'm actually able to plus out some dumb things for fun and not feel bad. This further makes me want STTD as a coin dungeon so I don't have to feel bad for not stoning on my alt.

b33r

It took me 2 days of running Ultra G coop with Reincarnated Liu Bei to get the rare material for the blue male Hunter. Mizutsune doesn't appear every time and then only has a chance to drop the rare blue material. At least I got enough of the skillup mats to max skill him immediately using king tans.

Yeah, by the time I finally got that last mat I had enough others to max skill all 3 hunters I made.

Bladelaw

I'm thinking of the most efficient way to button through the thief descended tomorrow for plus eggs. I want to run with my alt for maximum plus efficiency. the first three floors don't take much work to button through. I'm wondering if I can find a way to skip matching on the mitsuki floor. I need to hit over 1.7 million damage and I don't think that's possible with the subs I have available. The alternative is just match to kill the last two floors. It's way faster than Medjedra either way.

I've got a pair of Fenrir Viz's that could do the trick, Viz, Ra, Ra, Ra, Ullr

FL1-3: Ra
FL4: Ullr
FL5 (alt): Ilm-->Viz and row.

It's quick based on a couple endless test runs (about ~45 seconds a run). Given down time between runs I can bang out a +297 in about 25 minutes.

EDIT: Nevermind found a fully buttonable solution
Goemon, Rodin, Rodin, Mistletain (Grimmjow), Gan Jiang & Mo Ye (Grimmjow), Goemon
In coop the two Grimmjows kill Mitsuki outright so all I have to do is swipe goemon. Just as efficient timewise as star den LOL.

W-00

Made three rolls on my main (alt has what it wants from 3K2, so it's staying out today).

Gan Ning (New. Not what I was aiming for, but a blue orb-unlocker will be good for Meri)
Sitri (third)
Ruka (who cares what number she is?)

I should have stopped after the first roll.

Main:

3rd Balboa
2nd Diabem
2nd Kakab

Alt:
Freyja
U&Y
two dupe sticker girls

Shit rolls are Karma for rolling Amatsu I guess.

EDIT: Just beat the Mythical Cosmic Trinity dungeon with my blue male team:

Hunter (297 Ryune)
Hinomitsuha (297 RPandora)
Haku (297 Lumiel)
Haku (297 Anaphon)
Anubis (Nenji)

Anubis is the only non-297 and with a 297 hunter friend with water inherit I had almost 80k HP. The HP is gonna be godlike when I coop with my alt and health pools actually combine. Just need that rare fur to drop.

yami4ct

For some reason, I never realized while he was in JP that Diablos was one of those mixed leads so I could've just used a friend's. All that time I could've brought out my Anubis and run AnuBlos.

Oh well, running KushBlos on my JP account and, yeah. I can see why Diablos is SSS rank.

Bladelaw

Day 2 rolls:
Radious
Nene (woooo)
Hamal
Fenrir
Saria
Sylvie
Dill Sirius

one last MH pull:
Glavenus

Nene and glav were big wins for me. Other stuff is probably MP at this point.

My blue hunter team is done now so yay for that. Mizu x (Uruka), A Andro (skuld), A Andro (Skuld), Awoken Nene, flex.

Flex is khepri with the blue wisdom dragon spike till skuld evo.

W-00

Okay, time for some rolls!

Main: Griffin Rider (first), RChester (fuckth)
Alt: Beast Rider (fourth)

Clearly the wrong time to roll. I'll wait until later to roll more.

lt519

Ooh man, I'm real disappointed.

I've been working towards awoken Liu bei like you all told me to. Avalon Drake is fully evolved, awoken and almost 297+. So got the two cards I needed for Liu Bei and worked on leveling them up all week only to find out my zhao yun is lower case and not upper case after eating a ton of EXP and then evolving her. Didn't even get a chance to farm for the right one since I figured I already had it ):

Where can I get the Upper Case one? This is really really I putting me off

Lower case one, put like 1 mil exp into and she's worth 1725 evolved, smh.

Quantum

Ooh man, I'm real disappointed.

I've been working towards awoken Liu bei like you all told me to. Avalon Drake is fully evolved, awoken and almost 297+. So got the two cards I needed for Liu Bei and worked on leveling them up all week only to find out my zhao yun is lower case and not upper case after eating a ton of EXP and then evolving her. Didn't even get a chance to farm for the right one since I figured I already had it ):

Where can I get the Upper Case one? This is really really I putting me off

Lower case one, put like 1 mil exp into and she's worth 1725 evolved, smh.

coin dungeons -
Descended carnival -
Arrival carnival -
Floor 5 - Zhou Yu

lt519

Not really sure I can handle that dungeon just yet, I'm relatively new so don't have complete teams built. I just rage pulled more on the god fest though, maybe I'll figure out a team through that while I wait.

I think I'll post my team so you all can help me build a different one, I did spend some $$ on this God Fest since I've been enjoying the game and got quite a few leader options now (plus a bunch of free Tamas). I've got a lot of cards now, what's the best way to post for help (sorted by attack or rarity?)

I've been following some advice, working on Savasrati, Liu Bei, and have been getting by on spike damage from Goetia X2, but any team comp I put together seems to weak for Descends on the HP side.

Sorted by MP:
peYAEtx.jpg
PQjsRwN.jpg

bjork

Finally got a Liu Bei in this godfest, along with a few others I don't recall. Looking forward to using him, because my alt has been sitting on two forever but I never bothered much.

Hit 800-day milestone recently, and made some Godfest pulls:
Skuld (dupe)
Idunn&Idunna
Archangel Gabriel
Red Knight, Nim

Also made some Monster Hunter Collab pulls:
Rathian
Tigrex
Kirin

Quantum

Not really sure I can handle that dungeon just yet, I'm relatively new so don't have complete teams built. I just rage pulled more on the god fest though, maybe I'll figure out a team through that while I wait.

I think I'll post my team so you all can help me build a different one, I did spend some $$ on this God Fest since I've been enjoying the game and got quite a few leader options now (plus a bunch of free Tamas). I've got a lot of cards now, what's the best way to post for help (sorted by attack or rarity?)

I've been following some advice, working on Savasrati, Liu Bei, and have been getting by on spike damage from Goetia X2, but any team comp I put together seems to weak for Descends on the HP side.

Sorted by MP:

damn. Some great pulls if I remember your initial image.

(going to add an edit)

you should be able to play a little in the meta with dual Sima Yi.

no reason not to evo those and run one paired with D.Ath - should face roll a lot of content.

Granted its not a great team but Sima yi/Sima yi/gremory (blonia inherit)/akechi (blonia inherit), satsuki (don't use active)
That should destroy most dungeons while you work on a co-op liu bei team

lt519

damn. Some great pulls if I remember your initial image.

(going to add an edit)

you should be able to play a little in the meta with dual Sima Yi.

no reason not to evo those and run one paired with D.Ath - should face roll a lot of content.

Granted its not a great team but Sima yi/Sima yi/gremory (blonia inherit)/akechi (blonia inherit), satsuki (don't use active)
That should destroy most dungeons while you work on a co-op liu bei team

Thanks!

I've beaten all the normal dungeons and am on to the alternate technical dungeons. Been getting through most Legend (certainly all Master) Descends. Mythical is really where I'm hitting a wall due to survivability.

So if I don't have D.Athena friends does running Sima Yi not really help? Or do I find another Sima Yi friend for x16 attack, seems like I'd still be low on HP to survive some of those preemptive attacks and ultimately less fire power than a Goetia x2? Or am I missing something here? What's the purpose of running leader Sima Yi and then a sub Sima Yi nothing stacks?

I have a few Sima Yi friends and my own Satsuki should I try running Satsuki, Sima Yi, Sima Yi, Gremory, Sima Yi?

Sorry I'm relatively new to team building, I've mostly been bullying my way through and playing off of active skills to get fully enhanced mono color boards to spike bosses.

It may be time I friend up with GAF, my friend list has like maybe two Awoken characters.

Also, last question for now, any reason to hold onto all these Legendary Dragons from the technical dungeons? Like Mech Dragons, Flower Dragons, etc.

Taz

Thanks!

I've beaten all the normal dungeons and am on to the alternate technical dungeons. Been getting through most Legend (certainly all Master) Descends. Mythical is really where I'm hitting a wall due to survivability.

So if I don't have D.Athena friends does running Sima Yi not really help? Or do I find another Sima Yi friend for x16 attack, seems like I'd still be low on HP to survive some of those preemptive attacks and ultimately less fire power than a Goetia x2? Or am I missing something here? What's the purpose of running leader Sima Yi and then a sub Sima Yi nothing stacks?

I have a few Sima Yi friends and my own Satsuki should I try running Satsuki, Sima Yi, Sima Yi, Gremory, Sima Yi?

Sorry I'm relatively new to team building, I've mostly been bullying my way through and playing off of active skills to get fully enhanced mono color boards to spike bosses.

It may be time I friend up with GAF, my friend list has like maybe two Awoken characters.

Also, last question for now, any reason to hold onto all these Legendary Dragons from the technical dungeons? Like Mech Dragons, Flower Dragons, etc.

Sent you a freind request with a hyper DAthena make a team with sami yi as leader and youll tackle most dungeons with ease, 4 darks and three blues will result in over 1 million damage and with a 7x6 board youll find it easier to combo practice.

W-00

Made two more pulls on my alt. Lumiel (dupe, but a useful dupe) and Earth Dragon Swordsman (new, might at least be a decent inherit for a Ruel team). I've allotted one more pull on my main for today, but I'll wait until I'm feeling luckier.

Sima Yi doesn't pair well with himself precisely because his own multiplier is rather lackluster. The good thing about him is that he makes the board into a 7x6 board (which, by allowing more combos, can act like a multiplier of its own), but you don't need paired leads of him for that. If you can't find any DAthena's to friend, an okay substitute is Reincarnated Persephone, who is like a mini-DAthena. I wouldn't think you'd have to try for too long to find DAthena friends, though, since it seems like a lot of people are running her. EDIT: I see you already have an invite from one of ours.

Sima Yi and Gremory would not be good subs for Satsuki. She needs Dragon or Attacker type subs, and they are neither.

lt519

Sent you a freind reqiest with a hyper DAthena make a team with sami yi as leader and youll tackle most dungeons with ease, 4 darks and three blues will result in over 1 million damage and with a 7x6 board youll find it easier to combo practice.

Thank you!!

Sima Yi doesn't pair well with himself precisely because his own multiplier is rather lackluster. The good thing about him is that he makes the board into a 7x6 board (which, by allowing more combos, can act like a multiplier of its own), but you don't need paired leads of him for that. If you can't find any DAthena's to friend, an okay substitute is Reincarnated Persephone, who is like a mini-DAthena. I wouldn't think you'd have to try for too long to find DAthena friends, though, since it seems like a lot of people are running her. EDIT: I see you already have an invite from one of ours.

Sima Yi and Gremory would not be good subs for Satsuki. She needs Dragon or Attacker type subs, and they are neither.

Yeah, that's I guess why I was confused by the suggested post having two Sima Yis or suggesting a Satsuki.

Quantum

Thank you!!

Yeah, that's I guess why I was confused by the suggested post having two Sima Yis or suggesting a Satsuki.

sent FR/D.Ath/island

D.Ath 1.5hp/3.5 God Devil or Attacker

sima yi - god
gremory - god/devil/attacker
akecki - (d/d_ god/devil)
satsuki - attacker

all benefit from D.ath buff, with 7x6 board you should be able to do good damage, but you are correct the team will be vulnerable to other attacks and you will need to modify the team depending on what you are running.

after you can run through the regular content the advanced dungeons become all about team building.

Taz

Thank you!!

Well you have a team to work on, maybe use sleeping beauty instead of Satsuki as she has double prong attack and she removes blind and creates heal orbs for better stalling as stalling is always the hardest thing to learn when new to the game and with the mosnter hunter collab running at the moment you can always make the female dark/blue hunter which gives you access to 99 true damage to deal with annoying high defence monsters.

Quantum

Well you have a team to work on, maybe use sleeping beauty instead of Satsuki as she has double prong attack and she removes blind and creates heal orbs for better stalling as stalling is always the hardest thing to learn when new to the game and with the mosnter hunter collab running at the moment you can always make the female dark/blue hunter which gives you access to 99 true damage to deal with annoying high defence monsters.

much better idea, forgot she gained devil on evo.

lt519

How about a Ultimate Evo fully Awoken Savasrati on that team for some good healing and skill boost instead to help stall? Her active is kind of weak but maybe I can inherit Blue Sonia's.

I'll work a bit on Sleeping Beauty in the meantime, ran out of my stockpile of Evo mats. Spread myself kinda thin.

Taz

How about a Ultimate Evo fully Awoken Savasrati on that team for some good healing and skill boost instead to help stall? Her active is kind of weak but maybe I can inherit Blue Sonia's.

I'll work a bit on Sleeping Beauty in the meantime, ran out of my stockpile of Evo mats. Spread myself kinda thin.

It would'nt work other than getting the bonus from DA, remember DA damage is boosted from pronge( 1.5x ) and 7 combo attacks ( 2x ), im not the best with multi but DA and Sami Yi is a x24 then add in prong and 7 combo you can see how the damage goes really high,

So 4 darks and 3 blues would take you from x24 to x42 with 7 orbs so someone with two duel prongs the damage just goes of the charts

lt519

It would'nt work other than getting the bonus from DA, remember DA damage is boosted from pronge( 1.5x ) and 7 combo attacks ( 2x ), im not the best with multi but DA and Sami Yi is a x24 then add in prong and 7 combo you can see how the damage goes really high,

So 4 darks and 3 blues would take you from x24 to x42 with 7 orbs so someone with two duel prongs the damage just goes of the charts

I meant just as a sub instead of another damage dealer. But I had no idea prongs increased damage that much.

W-00

I made the last roll I had allotted for today on my main. It was RChester. Again. So I got angry, sold both of the ones I'd rolled today, and told myself that my main already had a lot of cards from the Wedding REM so it didn't have to save as many stones and made a rage-pull.

Mitsuki (dupe). So I made another rage-pull.
Gadius (first for my main. Good enough)

Top Bottom