• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

PlayStation players are in for a treat with this game, it also helps that it launches with all of the additional content. I keep coming back to it on Xbox One when new content launches. Always provides a nice bit of fun and the new maps are always interesting with a great hook to them.

Day1

I hope more people play this game now it's on PS4. It's not been doing well on Xbone and PC. Not even breaking 10k active users from what was told to me from my friends.

Megatron

I decided to hold off on the XB1 version since I got my XB1 well after this game came out. Figured I'd get a better community longer if I waited and bought the PS4 version.

C-Jo

You! ;)

People at EA

Just to clarify, I'm the lead designer on Garden Warfare. Without getting into specifics, I'd suggest that you've been given some bad information.

That aside, if any of you are on the fence, or if you want to check out the new content we released yesterday on Xbox/PC, our creative director and I will be livestreaming this afternoon at 3:00PM:

http://www.twitch.tv/plantsversuszombies/

Come check it out!

vypek

Just to clarify, I'm the lead designer on Garden Warfare. Without getting into specifics, I'd suggest that you've been given some bad information.

That aside, if any of you are on the fence, or if you want to check out the new content we released yesterday on Xbox/PC, our creative director and I will be livestreaming this afternoon at 3:00PM:

Come check it out!

Great :) I didn't know that the content was actually released yesterday. So I'm assuming that the content will be available right from the start on PS4 as well?

3PM in which timezone? Ah, either way I'll try to figure it out and keep checking back.

Seik

Banned
Is there a retail, physical version for this?

Just in case, because I got caught by this once, I'm at my job so it's pretty much blocking all pics, just in case the retail package is in the OP.

It's too bad this didn't release a couple weeks ago, I probably would have picked it up. Instead I'll wait to buy it because it comes out the same day as Diablo.

statham

I play this game everyday, don't skip the engineer or scientists, I did for awhile and they are some of the best characters.

Come check it out!

Should I get a copy paste of dirtysock? ;p

statham

Come check it out!

edited out:

cjo, can we get classic mode on gnome bomb?

Come check it out!

Wait, the new content came out yesterday? What the hell, didn't know there was a release date for it. Definitely have to check it out.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Any word if they are improvements on the offline coop?

By improvements I mean any of the following:
  • Allowing a finite amount of rounds (10) for Garden Ops instead of the forced infinite wave.
  • Separate profiles tracked for money (or at least combining money so the 2nd player's coins count)
  • New anything (modes, maps, being able to take someone online).

Come check it out!

C-Jo, are there new achievements coming with the new content update from yesterday? Saw achievements roll out with the prior update, but haven't seen anything from yesterday's update.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Own this on Xbone and it's my go to game when I don't know what to play. I play with 3 other people and always have a blast. Definitely worth 40$!

Is this game just a lot like Dungeon Defenders?

Because that's the impression I get from the trailers and I wasn't keen on that game at all.

Is this game just a lot like Dungeon Defenders?

Because that's the impression I get from the trailers and I wasn't keen on that game at all.

I mean, yeah, Garden Ops is a horde mode, but I wouldn't liken it to Dungeon Defenders. Dungeon Defenders felt so flat compared to PvZ -- it's much more involved and strategic.

The real meat of the game is in the competitive multiplayer which has deathmatch and objective (plant the bomb, domination, conquest) modes. There are four classes per side (four plants, four zombies), but about 5 variations per class, meaning that you can upgrade your Pea Shooter to shoot fire, ice, or poison bullets through unlocks. The same can be done to every other class.

It's actually a surprisingly deep experience for those willing to devote some time to it (which you should -- it's fantastic).

shwimpy

Can't wait to try this out. Though, I will be voting with my wallet and will rent it (gamefly) instead of buying it 'cause of the whole timed exclusive BS. EA can go f themselves. Will be buying Diablo 3 instead.

Already paid for in full on psn. Can't wait for it. Hopefully ships with the new dlc released yesterday. Can't wait to play the traditional PvZ mode.

Neil_J_UK

Ugh. This, Destiny, NHL, FIFA all in the space of about a month. Plus I'm on holiday for 2 weeks of September. Don't know if this and Destiny will make the cut straight away, but it does look really fun.

How is the community on Xbox? Still going strong? Lots of servers/quick matchmaking?

Does the community play cooperatively?

How is the community on Xbox? Still going strong? Lots of servers/quick matchmaking?

Does the community play cooperatively?

Personally in the 20 or so hours I've played, I've never had an issue getting into a full match in less than 5 minutes. Never experienced any lag whatsoever. The Xbox One community is cooperative, but don't expect much chatter.

Mindlog

Seriously this game would be a must buy for me if it has a single player mode vs Ai.
It loses a great deal of its charm without human players. I soloed Insanity Garden Ops to get that achievement and it's just not as fun as playing with human teammates. Even randoms will return a dance off challenge when appropriate. You can play solo Garden Ops only, but I'm not sure if that would be enough to justify a purchase. Food for thought: This game is the best introduction to online multiplayer out right now.

Tempted to double dip on PS4, but I have a nearly maxxed manifest on 360 so will probably just stick with that. Would have double dipped without a second thought if my manifest carried over.

Garden Warfare is worth checking out. If you are looking for some fun and incredibly charming multiplayer then this is your game. Box quote.

I mean, yeah, Garden Ops is a horde mode, but I wouldn't liken it to Dungeon Defenders. Dungeon Defenders felt so flat compared to PvZ -- it's much more involved and strategic.

The real meat of the game is in the competitive multiplayer which has deathmatch and objective (plant the bomb, domination, conquest) modes. There are four classes per side (four plants, four zombies), but about 5 variations per class, meaning that you can upgrade your Pea Shooter to shoot fire, ice, or poison bullets through unlocks. The same can be done to every other class.

It's actually a surprisingly deep experience for those willing to devote some time to it (which you should -- it's fantastic).

Ah the competitive stuff is really what I wanted to hear. That does sound fun. It's just releasing at a really bad spot just before Destiny though :/

RE_Player

Getting this game because I got a deal pre-ordering at a discount. Just hoping for some decent multiplayer fun for a week or two.

Awesome game. If you liked mass effect 3 multi player then pick this up. It's an absolute laugh.
Loved Mass Effect 3 multiplayer so I hope I like this.

Mindlog

Ah the competitive stuff is really what I wanted to hear. That does sound fun. It's just releasing at a really bad spot just before Destiny though :/
It was released three weeks before Titanfall. Really hard for this game to find a good window, but it deserves attention!

cakely

Three weeks before Destiny and on the same exact day as Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition, and I haven't even dipped into TLoU multiplayer yet.

There's just no way to keep up at this point.

Hoodbury

Awesome game. If you liked mass effect 3 multi player then pick this up. It's an absolute laugh.

Can you explain how it is like ME3 multi? I thought PVZ was a 4 on 4 multiplayer where ME3 is 4 player co-op.

I don't really know a whole lot about this game but I loved ME3 multiplayer.

RE_Player

Can you explain how it is like ME3 multi? I thought PVZ was a 4 on 4 multiplayer where ME3 is 4 player co-op.

I don't really know a whole lot about this game but I loved ME3 multiplayer.
I think there are different modes. There is one that is strictly co-op like ME3.

Top Bottom